PDA

View Full Version : My cut for wrestling

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 07:07 AM
Hey, I am 16, junior in high school. I have been a varsity wrestler all my high school career. I also am playing some varsity/jv soccer this year, and baseball. Wrestling is my main sport.

I have always been very lean, never haven't had abs and in between and ecto and meso.

Stats:
height: 5'11
weight: was 152 (been cutting for a month already, need to get weighed)
lifts: I don't know because I just got back from a back hernation and I am just starting to lift heavy now.
Mile: 5:39

In my training I am taking more of a HIT style approach now and my cut looks like this:

- Eat carbs in the mourning, and before workout, Eat sugar in the mourning and after workout.
- Lots of fibrous veggies and protein.

I am making up my workout right now, but here is my split. It is a 4 day split:
Chest, delts, traps
Quads, Hams, Calves
Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Back and Abs

I have kept journals before but I stoped after my hernation and I never really realized how much they motivated me til now. I will be posting how my workouts went, and what I ate.

My goals:
- Faster for soccer and myself in general, get down to 143 by thanksgiving. Get stronger while cutting. Stick to my diet. Stay in good shape through wrestling season. MORE FLEXIBLE.

After wrestling season I am bulking big time :)

Reinier
09-21-2002, 07:21 AM
so do you have any question or are you just telling us

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
so do you have any question or are you just telling us

I always have questions but that was just telling you.

Here is a ?

Should I be doing cardio before I eat anything in the mourning. It feels great when I do cardio then I eat carbs. Today I rode my bike for a little over a mile to the pit, sprinted some hills, rode back. Then run a slow mile. Is that ok?

Also yesterday I found out about hte power of a thermos. It keeps your drinks cool or whatever temperature you put them in at! So I can bring Whey drinks to school or any other protien I can find. I think the only good time to drink whey is postworkout. Is there some kind of protein drink I could bring to school with low carbs if any that I can drink. I heard soy isn't hte best thing?

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 08:04 AM
8:00- water/multivitamin
8:15- rode my bike to the pit (little over a mile), did 8 hills, ran up 5 sec break, down 5-10sec break. Next time I am not taking a breakwhen I go up the hill. Rode my bike back (so about 2 and a half miles) and then ran a slow mile. NOW IM GONNA EAT!

9:25- Meal 1-3 bowls of cereal w/ skim milk, apple, 2 hardboiled egg whites
9:45- lower body stretch
11:00- Meal 2-125calories of gatorade
11:30- Jump rope for 2:30 minues, lifted

Biceps and Triceps day- 47min
bbcurl(112t)- 65-12, 75-8, DS(dropset) 65-8
- higher the weight on first set, cheated on 2nd set and DS
seated db curl (202t)- 25db-8
preacher curl(112)-50-10
-higher weight
preacher db hammer curl (202)- 20lb-12

closegrip bench(212)- 85-12, 100-8, DS 90-4
cable pulldowns (212)- 30-10
dips- 2xbodyweight-6
skullcrush(202)- 40-10

Good workout, I decided to drop the forearms and add them to back day. I will have to see how that works out.

When doing close grip benches should I do the peak contraction when the bar is at my chest or when I straighten my hands out?

1:00- Meal 3- 3 scoops whey, skim milk, banana, bowl of popcorn (I cheat on weekends, during school it is a lot easier to stick to my diet) I have to go into work at 3:30 so I may eat at 3, or eat a low carb bar during my break or something. I work at Shop Rite if you didn't know.

5:30- Meal 4- Advantage Low Carb bar, I know it is packed with glycerine but I had no other choice. I could of went with a carb solutions bar but they are even worse. I am going to order some good proteins bar with no glycerin in them. Making some deer meat right now :) Got my first check today for 96 bucks (and I didn't collect my first one two weeks about so I have like a 190 bucks coming). That sould cover my supplements for awhile easy. Maybe I can help my mom out and get some rye bread and canned chicken tommorow! Maybe even some microwavable fish.

8:30- Meal 5- Deer Meat, Peppers, Onions

10:00- Meal 6- 2 Egg Whites, Scoop of Whey protein, 1 TBSP of Low Sugar Jam

11:00- Water/Multi

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 10:05 AM
My routine:
Chest, deltoids, traps
Quads, Hams, Calves
Biceps, Triceps
Back, forearms, Abs

- 1-2 sets per exercise
- 1 minute rest in between sets, 2 minute in between different execises
- 4-6 sets for small muscles groups
- 7-9 on large muscle groups

BICEPS
Barbell Curl- 1x10-12, 1x8, dropset
alternating seated db curls- 1x6-8
preacher curl- 1x8-10
peacher db hammer curls- 1x12

TRICEPS
Closegrip bench- 1x 10-12, 1x8, dropset
cablepulldowns- 1x8-10
dips- 2xfailurexbw
skullcrushers- 1x6-10

FOREARMS
Reverse preacher curl- 1x15, 1x8-12, DS
bb seated wrist curls- 1x8
bb standing behind the back wrist curls- 1x8
broomsticks- 2xfailurex5pd

*Rest of routine to come later

Black_Curtain
09-21-2002, 10:47 AM
hey how much is one mile in KM? If it's 1.5KM like I think you're fast fast fast ;]

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Black_Curtain
hey how much is one mile in KM? If it's 1.5KM like I think you're fast fast fast ;]

1 mile is 1.609 kilometers, or at least hte site that I searched for in yahoo said that. I don't run track or anything. Some of the kids at my school can run a 4:50 mile, but for the soccer (besides one kid), wrestling, and baseball I am the fastest in the mile. Thanks

waterbuckat
09-22-2002, 07:45 AM
Sunday, September 22nd, 2002
DIET
8:45-Meal 1- Multi, 2 hard boiled egg whites, apple, 2 bowls of cereal w/ skim
11:15- Meal 2- 3 small cookies, bagel and a half with a ounce of jelly, cup of juice
* Cheated the rest of the day