PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Asap!!

big calvin
09-21-2002, 08:26 AM
cheat day is today! i havent had one in a while. i dont know if i should just have 1 chat meal or 2 lowfat high carb cheat meals. im doing atkins but i must have a cheat. so its basicly PIZZA vs PLAIN PASTA AND 2ND MEAL CEREAL......

thank you. i need this info today..

Shao-LiN
09-21-2002, 08:38 AM
Cheat day...don't discriminate, hehe.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-21-2002, 09:15 AM
If it's a "cheat" day, have what you want.

If you want to eat something that may aid your diet in the process, then maybe the pasta and cereal may be a better option, if it's lower in fat.

big calvin
09-21-2002, 09:36 AM
hmm... well i would rather something that wont cause me to have any fat gain what so ever, and pasta or cereal sounds alot better then pizza...so...F it. ill have 2 complex carb meals. maybe no cereal...maybe just pasta for one and rice and baked beans for the night..

thanks guys. :):):)

PS. update on my weight. if ya;ll remember i was 450+ then got down to 422 just from stopping coke and working out. now im done atkins and im down to 409 about a week ago. :) i havent been 409 in a long long long time :):):) hope to break that under 400 mark soon ;)

:) thanks guys

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-21-2002, 09:40 AM
Cal, that is fan-fuckin-tastic. :D

400 is certainly within grasping distance.

Are you finding the atkins easy enough to stick to, yeah?

Tryska
09-21-2002, 09:44 AM
ace! congrats on the fat-loss cal. great job...and it's good to see you motivated again. :)

the doc
09-21-2002, 09:47 AM
as much as some bash the adkins diet...

it is effective for many people
it is beautifly simplistic in its methodology

most people could never overeat on things like steak and sausage ... they just aren't things you would normally gorge on. Also, the ketogenic state is highly effective at controlling cravings

WAY TO GO BIG CAL!

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-21-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by the doc
as much as some bash the adkins diet...

it is effective for many people
it is beautifly simplistic in its methodology

most people could never overeat on things like steak and sausage ... they just aren't things you would normally gorge on. Also, the ketogenic state is highly effective at controlling cravings

WAY TO GO BIG CAL!

From a bodybuilding viewpoint i'd bash it from here to there.

But you're right, for the average person, it's an easy diet to stick to.

big calvin
09-21-2002, 10:08 AM
thanks everyone :) i got really depressed cause i could never stick to it but just woke up and said anuffs anuff. i cant go on eating what i was and stuff. i had stopped coke but about 2 weeks before i started atkins i had started again :( and i needed to change it all. first week was on and off. then second was just. i stoped all the BS. first day was real bad. now...i dont even think about it really, just wake up and know what i got to do. training and cardio are in ever weeks also. not alot but atleast 2 times per week of each. again its not much but im gettn back.

everything seems to be going real good now :)

thank u all for asking it means alot that u guys remember me.

big calvin
09-21-2002, 10:16 AM
ohh doc , lol nah i dont gorge ;) i hardly eat what i use to if i was on atkins and i found something out and maybe u can explain it to me why this is... ok say for lunch i eat a steak. cooked in oil about 8-10 oz. tops... i wont be hungry for hours. but say the next day at the same time i eat ...ribs and wings(bigger meal) like 2 hours later im starving...what gives? i for sure had more fat in the 2nd meal so i dont understand why i would be hungrier sooner. cals? protein turnover to glucose? same goes for bacon 6 slices and bacon 12 slices. .......

thank u all again.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-21-2002, 10:18 AM
*Big Gay Al voice*

Super!

Anyhoo, once you realise that food really is just fuel i believe it gets easier.

And once you get experienced enough to distinguish between what is actual hunger and what is merely hormonal hunger and your hypothalamus playing mind games, you achieve more and stick to your scheduled eating easier.

Cal it's great that you're achieving.

I take my hat off to you :)

big calvin
09-21-2002, 10:20 AM
thanks TCD....or sound i call u TKD? lol :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by big calvin
ohh doc , lol nah i dont gorge ;) i hardly eat what i use to if i was on atkins

Well yeah, in general you do. Atkins focus on meals of protein and fat, both of which have more favourable effects on gut hormone Cholestokynin (CCK) which tells your brain how full the belly is. Not o mention you don't get any elevated insulin levels like from carbs, so they don't fall and give hormonal swings for cravings etc...

And as Doc said, most people simply can't stuff themselves with fatty foods before feeling physically sick. At the end of the day they end up taking in less calories and end up losing weight.

and i found something out and maybe u can explain it to me why this is... ok say for lunch i eat a steak. cooked in oil about 8-10 oz. tops... i wont be hungry for hours. but say the next day at the same time i eat ...ribs and wings(bigger meal) like 2 hours later im starving...what gives? i for sure had more fat in the 2nd meal so i dont understand why i would be hungrier sooner. cals? protein turnover to glucose? same goes for bacon 6 slices and bacon 12 slices. .......

thank u all again.

Well, comparing steak to ribs and wings, i'd have said it's due to the thermogenic value of steak. basically, it takes ages to digest cause steak meat is really tough.

Also, any sauce you use on ribs and wings would cause blood sugar swings and cravings or if they are processed they tend to digest a lot quicker.

But since you said 6 slices of bacon fill you better than 12, i'm way out of ideas.

Jilla82
09-21-2002, 05:09 PM
dude, you cant even cheat right on cheat day. thats what they are for, to CHEAT! lol