PDA

View Full Version : Cut- Fruit before bed

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 09:26 AM
(Budiak told me)Waterbuckat- I havent talked about diet in a long time so I guess you've just been skimming my journal. Anyways, fruit is a good thing to eat right before bed because the fructose in fruit goes straight to your liver, which is the second source of energy after muscle glycogen. After liver sugar stores, its fat and proteins.
Ideally I'd eat a can of tuna and eat an orange before bed, but I usually have a pint of milk and a banana or something like that.

What do you guys think?

Shao-LiN
09-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Probably stay away from carbs before bed, especially if you're cutting.

waterbuckat
09-21-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN

ya, that is what I thought. I am only eating carbs when I wake up and before workout, and eating sugar when I wake up and after workout.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-21-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN

Myth.

It makes no difference whther you eat carbs at 4pm or 11pm. What matters is the overall calorie intake.

If you've set your daily calorie intake at 2200 kcals for the day, you can take in the majority of carbs before bed and still lose weight.

In fact, NHE recommends carbs before bed, but this is periodical and the diet for the remainder of the day is protein, fat and fibre oriented meals.

Granted, persistantly elevated insulin levels can make fat burning a twat, but in calorie deficit the impact of the hormone is not as significant.

Waterbuckat, what are your current goals? Gain or cut?