PDA

View Full Version : Safe/OK Diet

JamesS
09-21-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm just curious what you guys think of my diet .

On Monday, Wensday, & Friday, I have class from 9-11 and then again from 12-1. I get up at 7:30 and run about two miles. I then come in and take a shower and drink a Whey Protein shake mixed with just water for breakfast. I go to class and then I have lunch with friends @ about 11 which usually consists of a salad and a soda. I hit the gym around 1:30 and stay there till about 2:30. For dinner I generally have a peice of fish and maybe mashed potatoes or some other side and a glass of soda to drink. Occationally I'll bring an apple back to the room for a snack.

On Tuesday and Thursday I have class from 11-12:20 and 3:30 - 4:50. I jog for about 2 miles at 9:30 then shower, drink a protein shake, and goto class. At about 12:30 I eat lunch and then go back to class. When I get out of class I goto the gym for an hour or so and then to dinner.

Now what I'm not sure about is if this is a safe diet. I drink the protein shake before class because after jogging Im generally hungry and the protein fills me up. I've heard people say it should be drank before or after a work out, does this make a difference? I'm looking to lose weight, not bulk up so is this a bad diet?

Shao-LiN
09-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Well, you sound like you're in a calorie deficit. How much of a deficit, I don't know. How much do you weight and how many cals are you eating. Judging by the amount of cardio you do and what you eat, it seems as though you are not eating enough.

Jane
09-21-2002, 02:00 PM
You need to count up your calories and macronutrients.

http://www.fitday.com

By the looks of things you're not eating nearly enough.

galileo
09-21-2002, 02:01 PM
JANE! It's been a while since I've seen you (and the hamster avatar).

:withstupi btw

Miss Rezza
09-21-2002, 07:06 PM
EAT MORE!!!! What are your goals??? b/c if you are trying to bulk up.... forget about it (it ain't gonna happen with such low cals), and if you're trying to lose fat you're running the risk of putting the body into "Starvation mode"- where the body holds onto stored fat!! A salad for lunch?? How bout gettin some protein in there boy?? This is definately NOT an "OK" diet.
Goodluck James.