PDA

View Full Version : A little question

Jilla82
09-21-2002, 05:25 PM
I just started lifting and watching what I eat three weeks ago. I am about 10 or 15 pounds overweight and I also need to get bigger. I got on the scale last week (after two weeks of lifting) and saw that I was the same weight from when I started. Does that mean that I should be eating more? or could I have lost a little fat and gained a little weight? All of my lifts have gone up

Shao-LiN
09-21-2002, 05:32 PM
If your lifts are going up, keep doing what you're doing. If you start to stagnate, then up the cals.

Manveet
09-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Ya maybe your body composition is changing slowly, stick at it, you'll see changes soon enough.

ddrew
09-21-2002, 10:43 PM
I tell all my clients to ignore what they see on the scale for the first few months when we begin strengh training. As they begin to lose bodyfat as a result of the increase in metabolism that the addition of lean mass gives they are also gaining weight in the form of new muscle. If you use the scale as your only mark of progress it will appear that you havn't lost any weight at all and may even show an increase in weight. The best way to chart your progress for the first few months is to have your bodyfat tested every 6 weeks that way you can see the loss in pounds of body fat and the increase in lean mass and know that although the weight on the scale isn't changing much you are losing pounds of fat and gaining pounds of muscle.

iLUDEd
09-21-2002, 11:10 PM
what you see in your mirror is a better indication of how your going than a scale..