PDA

View Full Version : ok to use creatine with whey protein??

nismo
09-21-2002, 10:30 PM
Sorry guys, I'm a newbie, so you're gonna have to bare with me, here... I'm just wondering if it is alright using creatine monohydrate with a whey protein powder. Not together, but at seperate times throughout the day. Is each one going to cancel out the other?? lmk, thanks~

ddrew
09-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Two completly different things. They are fine to use together.

Shao-LiN
09-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Not together, but at seperate times throughout the day. Is each one going to cancel out the other?? lmk, thanks~

Would be pointless to have creatine if they did cancel each other if taken at separate times throughout the day. Protein is an essential part of any diet.

nightop
09-22-2002, 12:01 AM
There above is true... however, some argue that creatine's absorbtion is somewhat hindered when consumed with protein... I remember reading to take them 20-30 mins apart... but have not done enough research to know for sure...

Jilla82
09-22-2002, 12:10 AM
why does it matter how fast the stuff is absorbed??? i just had my whey shake and I put my creatine in it.

btw, do you take creatine everyday or just on lifting days?

nismo
09-22-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm just trying creatine again for the first time in a while. I read on this website that the best, and all i need, is to load the first 2 days i start taking creatine, and then i only need to take 2 grams of it per day, anything more than that is just excreted from the kidneys. I've been taking whey protein for a while now, i usually only take it on work out days. should i be taking creatine only on workout days or everyday?? and should i be taking protein everyday or only on workout days?? haha :help: !!!

entrrt
09-22-2002, 01:46 AM
me? 1 serv. creatine/3 serv. whey everyday. muscle growth occurs on your rest days.

Jilla82
09-22-2002, 11:19 AM
doesnt matter when you take your whey, its only protein. as long as you get enough protein your all good

bradley
09-22-2002, 11:27 AM
Take creatine every day and use protien supplements to help reach your protien requirements for the day.

nismo
09-22-2002, 12:08 PM
alright, I eat lots of tuna and nuts and things like that so I'm alright for the protein part. But 2 grams of creatine a day is enough right?? (after the first two days of loading) That's what i read somewhere on this website~~ thanks

Ti1301
09-23-2002, 02:18 AM
I'm just trying creatine again for the first time in a while. I read on this website that the best, and all i need, is to load the first 2 days i start taking creatine, and then i only need to take 2 grams of it per day, anything more than that is just excreted from the kidneys. I've been taking whey protein for a while now, i usually only take it on work out days. should i be taking creatine only on workout days or everyday?? and should i be taking protein everyday or only on workout days?? haha !!!

There are people on this forum who take about 10 g creatine a day. those are soem people and they have reported mass gain.
I personally take 2.1 g post workout. Everyone will tell you different things, do what works for you.
BTW creatine does not need to be loaded and almost everybody here takes creatine with their whey, not saying everyone, but I'll bet a majority do.