PDA

View Full Version : questions on fat burning

nero
09-21-2002, 11:41 PM
"The Fat Loss King - An Interview With Lyle Mcdonald", this article is very informative and makes a lot of sense.It points to the fact that body combats to maintain its fat..........leptin,cortisol and so on.After reading the article i get the impression that its impossible to burn those ever-growing rolls on your waist.In order to burn u got to eat less number of cals right?but if u do so,ur body will begin to think its starving and bounce back.So how do we get that excess fat off our systems.Its says the leaner your the more difficult it is to shed fat....so how do we get a bf of 10%-15% .

Shao-LiN
09-22-2002, 12:29 AM
Keep dieting. Do refeeds to trick your body into thinking you aren't starving.

entrrt
09-22-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
Keep dieting. Do refeeds to trick your body into thinking you aren't starving.
by "refeeds"...you mean once in a while eat more cals than usual?? so that your body will think it's NOT in starvation and thus will NOT slow metabolism,right?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-22-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by nero
[BSo how do we get that excess fat off our systems.
Its says the leaner your the more difficult it is to shed fat....so how do we get a bf of 10%-15% . [/B]

You be patient and stick with the dieting.

Depending on your genetic setpoint, you may find it easier or harder to get leaner. If your setpoint is around 15% and you wanna get down to 5%, it's very possible, but in doing so you risk losing muscle. Trying to maintain and stay at 5% would probably bring even more problems like reproductive disfunction, weakend immune system and lots other nasty little suprises.

Puttn
09-22-2002, 07:50 AM
also remember you still need to eat around 35 grams of protein

Puttn
09-22-2002, 07:50 AM
im an idiot i mean fat

Shao-LiN
09-22-2002, 09:22 AM
I'd say 15 - 20% minimum rather than 35 grams.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Yeah, it depends on your size to give an actual figure.

No lower than 20% is a good start.

nero
09-24-2002, 02:16 AM
My current bf is 20% and its been at 20 for years.I have almost killed my self to get a lower........i mean i have been working real hard to get a lower bf%,but it looks like my body is most comfortable with this % as it refuses to go below this.Any effort to reduce this only burns my muscle mass.Does this mean that my setpoint is 20%.Its been over 2 months since i started cutting and i am still waiting to see if my bf reduces .I did notice some change in the first week but it flatened out soon.