Pages : [1] 2 3

Franco
01-24-2001, 07:32 AM
Hey,

Currently trying to gain lean muscle
Total Calories: 3200, was on 3400 before
Age 19
Height 5"3
Weight: 145lbs, My goal is to get to 12stone, which is 168lbs with about 6 to 8 % bodyfat, but im in no rush to get there. And with Miss A helping me i have already progressed so far in such a short space of time.

I have been lifting since i was 16 but did not realise how important my diet was (i've never liked fast food, but back then i used to eat so much with my mums homemade sauce;)) and only really did it to keep fit. Not till about June 1999 I started to become more serious and I started counting calories in September 2000. I also used to be 126lbs or 9 stone

Training: Currently on the Wannabebig routine and progressing each and every workout :)

Today Wednesday 24th Jan
Squats: 181.5lbs(82.5kg) x 6 (My goal for squats is to be able to squat at least 100kg = 220lbs
Stiff Leg dead lifts went up today
Leg press went up today

Sleep: Sleep has been very restless over the last couple of weeks and I have not slept right through the night in a hell of long time, I usually wake up a minimum of three times a night and thats on a good night. So I ordered to ZMA and see if that could help me at all

Diet: I eat 7 times a day
My diet consists of the following things
Egg whites (about 3 yolks a day)
Lean Steak Mince
Venison (love the stuff) :)
Lean Chicken Mince
Chicken breasts
Turkey Steak
Lean Turkey Mince
Tuna
Salmon

Red Kidney Beans
Red lentils
Soya beans
Chick Peas
Broccoli
Cauliflower

Oatmeal
Wholewheat Pasta
Sweet Potato

Natural Peanut butter, cruncy and smooth
Natural Hazlenut butter
Natural Almond Butter
Natural Cashew butter
Natural Tahini butter (stuff tastes like pure poo)
Almonds
Walnuts
Cashews
Hazlenuts
Flax Oil

Supps: Prolab Isolate whey
1 x Multivitamin per day
2g vitamin c daily, 1 g post workout
10g Prolab Glutamine, 5g Post workout
Nlarge2
Eas ZMA HP, only got this through the post today and not going to take 4 capsules prior to workout, just the 4 capsules 30 mins before bedtime. Mainly just taking it for my sleep.

Tomorrow is a grow day, But friday is shoulders, bi's and tri's hoping to increase my military press, barbell curl and my skull crushers (not really a fan of skull crushers)

Later
Francesco

[Edited by FAngel on 01-30-2001 at 09:40 AM]

Franco
01-25-2001, 12:16 PM
25/01

Today is going fine with all food and supps on time water intake could still be higer.

Took ZMA for the first time last night 30 mins before I went to bed slept a BIT better, took it about 30 mins before I went to bed, started feeling VERY sleepy when i went to bed.

Tomorrow chest shoulders and triceps. Hopefully miltary press and Seated dunbell press will go up, dont think the current routine with skullcrushers and close grip bench is enough for my bench and itt seem like me beloved horseshoe tris are going aghhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:, wann go back to old routine ROAR. Bi's going to try and increase my weight o the EZ curl bar. I WILL TRAIN LIKE A BEAST POSSESED SO PEOPLE A THE GYM PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE (Unless its a life or death sitution). Also weekend warriors leave me alone i will give u advice another time.

Ooh me mum's birthday tomorrow. Hope she will like the pressie I got her.

Mafia Fran

[Edited by FAngel on 01-25-2001 at 02:17 PM]

Franco
01-26-2001, 11:29 AM
26/01
Food: All m meals hae been on time today

Supps: All fine

Trainin: Miltary press, close grip bench press increased got more reps on my seated dumbell press. Wantt to change my whole triceps routine though not all that happy with it

Weight is now at 147lbs

Bloke came in the gym who looked the exact double of the ex-wwf wrestler Ivan Putski.

Saturday and Sunday are grow days. Calories ma be increased over the weekend not sure will keep u guys informed.

If Anyone has any comments please feel to post a reply. Cheers

Don Fran

Franco
01-27-2001, 11:11 AM
27/01
Food: All meals on time

Supps: All supps on time

Water inake high so far

Sleep: Woke up at 7a.m could not get back to sleep this morning, had about 30 minute nap this afternoon.

Carba re going to be upped from tomorrow fro 172g to 222g should start to see the food working for me even more on chest and back they on monday

Want a horses head left on your pillow?

Anthony
01-27-2001, 11:51 AM
Is there anything at home/work that could be affection your sleep? Stress can play a major role, if you can identify it try to solve it as quickly as possible. Keep up the good work!

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-27-2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by FAngel
25/01

dont think the current routine with skullcrushers and close grip bench is enough for my bench and itt seem like me beloved horseshoe tris are going aghhhhhhhhhhhh

You ever tried seated skulls? They have worked wonders for me. Maybe for you too...

P.s. My current tri routine:

3 sets seated skulls
3 sets rope pushdowns ( + 1 drop set)

Franco
01-28-2001, 02:37 AM
Cheers Chigs, but im going to stick with the routine for at least another three week and see how i am doing after this period, i might decide to change things.

Franco
01-28-2001, 09:04 AM
28/01

Meals: All my meal have been on time

Supps: All supps on time and taken.

Sleep: Woke up at 6:45 am today and could not get back to sleep though I did have a good nights sleep overall. Managed to have 25b minute nap in the afternoon.

Water intake is 7 litres so far hoping for somewhere between 9 to 10 today.

I will try and increase my incline dumbell press, deadlift and bent over row tomorrow

[Edited by FAngel on 01-28-2001 at 12:51 PM]

Franco
01-30-2001, 07:32 AM
29/01

Meals: All my meals were on time

Supps: All taken

Today was chest and back. And i had a hell of a good workout:). My bench went up as well as my deadlift , bent over row, weighted dips and my incline dumbell prees , which i was extremely happy about

Gotta try and get some serious sleep tonight

Franco
01-30-2001, 07:36 AM
30/01

Meals: Meals 1 and 2 were bother earlier than normal Meal 3 was a bit late today.

I feel bloody exhausted today, I woke up at 4:55am and could not get back to sleep, this ZMA is improving my sleep overall but its making me wake even earlier for some strange reason. Its a good job its a grow day today otherwise i would have had a poor training day.

Water intake could be higher.

Leg day tomorrow my favourite day, hopefully increase on all my excercises. I will keep you informed

Laterz
Francesco

Franco
01-31-2001, 01:47 PM
31/01

Food: All my meals have been on time,

Supps: All on time

I woke up earlier than usual once again, its really starting to distress me.

Today was legs day, my fave day.

Anyway My leg Press, stiff legs, leg curl, and standing calve raise went and i was especially pleased about my max on squat I managed 187lbs or 85kg for 6 reps

I asked the owner of the gym today " Will you bbe getting dumbells that are heavier than 30kg (66lbs) in the future, he said, " Nope, we dont want the bodybuilder type who weighs 15 stone" or 210 pounds plus

And I thought I might have to change gyms soon as im progressing

I will inform you how much I weigh and how shoulders, bi's and tri's goes on friday

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-31-2001, 03:52 PM
I know this is your journal, and i will delete this post when you reply to it:

1. did you sort out the smilies at your garage music forum?

2. do you feel like the ZMA is working? I think mine is, i'm having really 'heavy' sleep. My wiehgts have gone up too. Pretty much all of my weights! cool eh?:cool:

Franco
02-01-2001, 12:13 AM
On the Zma I feel that my sleep is much deeper than before,
Its still early days as i only started it last wednesday, i dont think it has helped with my lifts thus far, but I think it will help in the future.

Yep I know how to do those smilies now. Cheers Geordie Bloke (for some reason I was gonna call you a scouser, that would be a sacrilige)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-01-2001, 11:54 AM
Your lucky you corrected yourself matey...or several cans of whoop-ass would be unleashed on your behind!
http://www.mbnforum.com/smi/naughty.gif

Franco
02-02-2001, 09:42 AM
1/02

Food: Meal 4 was a bit early today but other than that everything was fine.

Water: 8 litres

Shoulder, tri and bi day tomorrow and will tell u about me weight also:)

Franco
02-02-2001, 09:47 AM
2/02

Food: All food on time so far

Weight: 148.5lbs

Training: Today I increased the amount of reps on my miltary press, skullcrushers, close grip. And the best thing of all today was that i finally managed 8 reps of 22.5kg (49.5lbs) on seated dubmbell press, two weeks ago i could only manage half a rep, last week 2 and half. I was extremely happy with this.

The Zma is working well my sleep is deeper, and im bubbling full of energy.:D

Weekend will try and get plenyt off rest ready for chest and back on monday

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-02-2001, 11:00 AM
Two things:
1. don't you think the little face i put in just above makes it look i am propositioning you for something (i think you know what i mean!). Ignore any sexual conatation you may derive from it!

2. I pressed 30kg's today :D :p

Just thought i'd rub it in somewhat....;)

Franco
02-03-2001, 11:07 AM
3/02

Food: All food on time

Supps: All supps taken so far.

Going to keep the carbs the same and lower my fat and protein slightlty to see what happens, hoepfully lean out a bit more, whilst continuing these strength gains:)

Learnt today that im going to have someone to train with on wednesday who has not been in the gym ofr a very long time, so i can help him with a few things

Franco
02-04-2001, 07:54 AM
Food: All meals have been late today as did not get back in to very late this morning, so I slept in a bit longer today :)

Supps: No Longer on Nlarge, but all other supps taken so far.

Tomorrow is hcest and back day, I will try and increase my dbent over row, deadlift and dips, also looking to increase my amount of reps for incline dumbells

I will make sure I go to bed relatively early tonight, as I feel a bit tired but managed to have a nap in the afternoon.:)

[Edited by FAngel on 02-04-2001 at 09:56 AM]

Franco
02-06-2001, 05:10 AM
5/02

Food : All meals were on time

Supps: All Supps taken

Training: Today was good day for chest and back day, I ncreased the reps on my inlince dumbells and also on bent over row. I added weight to my deadlift (still waiting for the straps i ordered to arrive), weighted dips also went up.
ZMA is real starting to help me in the gym also:). My bench also went up

Next week Im going to try and do 27.5kg (60.5lbs) for incline dumbells.

Tomorrow is a grow today, hopefully will try and get some much needed sleep tonight:)

[Edited by FAngel on 02-06-2001 at 07:12 AM]

Franco
02-06-2001, 05:12 AM
6/02

Had a pretty good nights sleep, feel a little bit sore. Will update this later.

Update.

Food: Ever since sunday i have been on about 3000 cals, just shows i was not as much of hardgainer as previously thought.
All food has been on time today.

Supps: All supps taken

Leg day tomorrow, looking forward too my fave day:), gonna try and increase the weight on leg press, sldl, and increase reps on leg curl , and my fave SQUAT.

[Edited by FAngel on 02-06-2001 at 03:52 PM]

Franco
02-07-2001, 11:12 AM
7/02

Food: All food has been on time, For breakfast this morning I usually put my eggs i with my oatmeal and have a protein shake also, but today i added some tuna, i have done this on numerous occasions but today i think i slightly over did the cinnamon to say the least and on the way to the gym i could feel it repeatin on me, after my squats i was so damn close to puking, but lucklily did not

Water has been high

Stiff legs deadlift went up today as well standing calve raises.

Franco
02-08-2001, 11:51 AM
8/02

Food: All food has been on time today

Water intake has been high:)

Tomorrow is shoulders, bi's and tri's

Hopefully increase Military press, skullcrushers. Will write my weight here tomorrow

Franco
02-09-2001, 11:20 AM
9/02
Food: All food has been on time

Weight: I was 149lbs at the beginning of the week, bit have gone down to 148:(, but gonna stay with 3000 calories for antother week and see what happens

Training: Today I increased my weight on military press and incresed the weight on my first set of skullcrushers.

Miss A has advised me to have a VERY BIG cheat day tomorrow, ooh whatta to choose

Franco
02-12-2001, 08:06 AM
10/01 + 11/01

Saturday was cheat day but still kept my water intake high.

Sunday diet was fine, water was high, got plenty of rest:)

12/01

Food: All food has been on time.

Weight: Little old me now weighs 152lbs or 10 stone 12 lbs:):):)

Water: So far water has been fairly high.:)

Supps: All supps on time and taken

Training: Today was an AWESOME workout, I increased my bench, weigthed dips, bent over rows and deadlifts and also managed 5 reps of 27.5kg (60.5lbs) on incline dumbells, im not going to go onto 30kg (66lb) dumbells until i can get a good solid 8 reps out of 27.5kg.

[Edited by FAngel on 02-12-2001 at 10:08 AM]

Franco
02-13-2001, 11:05 AM
13/01

Today was a rest day, i was still a bit sore as going all out yesterday to get my personal best on deadlifts took more out me than i thought it would.

I feel a bit better now.

Legs tomorrow can't wait:)

[Edited by FAngel on 02-13-2001 at 02:15 PM]

Franco
02-14-2001, 11:32 AM
14/01
Happy Valentines day to everyone:)

Anyway ARGHHHHHH http://www.fg-a.com/animals7.htm, i am bloody mad I missed my leg day today because the bloody car played up and I had no other way of getting to the gym

Food: All food was on time

Got bloody dentist tomorrow so meals may be a bit later than usual

[Edited by FAngel on 02-14-2001 at 01:36 PM]

Cackerot69
02-14-2001, 01:27 PM
you UKiens...

go do that leg day...

go outside and do some sprints, sprints are anaerobic. do 5 "sets" of the 50 yard dash, you will be hurting tomorrow.

[Edited by Cackerot69 on 02-14-2001 at 03:28 PM]

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2001, 06:06 AM
The reason why your emicon didn't work is because you didn't sepcify which emicon you wanted. I take if from the fact that you had already clicked on turtle, that you wanted this one yes?
http://image.fg-a.com/turtle11.gif

:D

Franco
02-15-2001, 07:30 AM
15/01

Had to have a filling today:(, not really to bothered bout more bothered that all my mealshttp://image.fg-a.com/turtle11.gif are later due to that thing in my mouth

All my meals have been later

And water is extremely low so far

[Edited by FAngel on 02-15-2001 at 10:59 AM]

Franco
02-17-2001, 12:41 AM
16/01

Weight: 151lbs

Today was a pretty good workout I increased the weight on my military press, side laterals, skull crushers, managed to get 4and a half reps on seated dumbell press for 25kg (55lbs).

I feel a little bit sore after the workout a bit more than i usually do.

Water has been high today:)

[Edited by FAngel on 02-17-2001 at 04:32 AM]

Franco
02-19-2001, 09:50 AM
17/02

This was my cheat day but I still kept water high at around 8 litres

Got plenty of rest:)

18/02

Another rest day today, tomorrow is chest and back, will hopefully increase my bence weighted dip, increase the reps on incline dumbells, increase the weight on dumbells

Water was high a 10.5litres, sunday i manage to to drink extra water, gonna see if i can drink more during the week and weekends also:)

Franco
02-19-2001, 10:01 AM
19/02

Training: Today I increased the reps on my incline dumbell press from 5 to 6 on 27.5kg (60.5lbs).
I managed to increase m weight on my weighted dips with 15kgs(33lbs) attached to the weight belt for 6:)

Bent over row increased

Deadlift managed to get 6 reps at 95kg(209lbs):)

Increased the weight on my flat bench also

Franco
02-21-2001, 05:42 AM
20/02

Today was a grow day

I had the worst nights sleep I spent most of it pacing around my room. I had this stabbing pain which was in my left trap down to my left delt and all the way down to my fingers, and the only way it seemed to hure a little less was when I was walking around

Legs tomorrow, cant wait after i missed last weeks due to problems with my car.

Franco
02-21-2001, 05:45 AM
21/02

Just got back from the gym, I increased my squat which is now 87.5kg or 192.5lbs x 6, also increased the weight on my leg press, sldl, and standing calve raises:)

Tomorrow is a GROW DAY, so i will try and get as much rest as possible:)

Water has been high

Franco
02-23-2001, 12:07 PM
22/02

Today was a rest day, tomorrow i hope to increase my seated dumbell press reps, the weight my miltiary press

Water has been high:)

Franco
02-23-2001, 12:12 PM
23/02

Weight: 153lbs

I increased the weight on my military press, close grip bench press and on my first set of lateral raises. I managed 5 reps of 25kg (55lbs) on seated dumbell press, feel a bit sore.

Gonna get lots of rest over ther weekend , and gonna get plenty of sleep and drinky plenty of water:)

Franco
02-24-2001, 02:42 PM
24/01

My left delt and trap is giving me trouble:(, once again if i feel this way on monday i think am gonna miss back/ chest day.

Franco
02-26-2001, 11:32 AM
25/01

What a day for footy, absolutely brill:)

Supps: All supss taken

As it was a sunday just sat back most of the day watched the footy:):) and manage to drink an all time high of 16 LITRES:)

The pain in my delt and traps has gone away, takes more than that to stop me, grrrrr

Tomorrow Chest and Back

Franco
02-26-2001, 11:40 AM
26/01 Just for anna 2001 Space Odyssey:), lol

This was my face as I walked in the gym :mad: ra, true grit and passion.

Training: Today was chest and back day.
I managed 5 reps of the 60.5lb dumbells on incline last week i managed 6.
On my dips on my increased the weight on my 1st and 2ns set, 2nd set I got 6 reps with 16.25kg (35.75lbs) attached to the weight belt:). When it came to my second set of deads everyone in the gym for some weird reason stopped what they were doing and started watching me:confused:, god knows what thats about . Anyway i managed 97.5kg x 5 (214.5)

This was my face when i left the gym:)

Franco
02-28-2001, 07:46 AM
26/01

Hmmm...

Food: All the food on time:)

Supps: They were all taken :)

Not much to report got leg day tomorrow, yippeeee

Water was high today.

Anyone wanna fill some space feel free:):):)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-28-2001, 08:41 AM
Anyone wanna fill some space feel free:):):)

I was wrestling my mate at college today and ended up ripping off half of my thumb nail. nice.

Franco
02-28-2001, 11:39 AM
27/01

Ouch, well as long as your ok and you layed the smack down on him then it should be ok.

Training: First set of squats went up ion weight , second set went up in weight to 90kg x5 (198lbs), also increased the weight on my leg press, sldl, standincalve raise:)

Water has been quite low.:(

Franco
03-01-2001, 11:26 AM
1/03

Food: All food eaten, some meals a bit later

Nothing really much to report though legs are still bit sore, god i love that feeling:)

Water has been low so far:(

Franco
03-03-2001, 03:17 AM
2/03

Weight : 153lbs

Food: All food was on time]

Training: I increased the reps from 5 to 6 on seated dumbell press for the 55 pounders, increased the weight on my military press:)

My energy has not been the same a the last couple of weeks, so from sunday, ratios have been changed. Also calories are now going to be at 2910

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-03-2001, 05:38 AM
Rememeber to add your 4+ hours of cardio tonight - add another 2 minutes for the sex you have hahaha...and 1 minute 30 seconds of that will be you trying to whip your pants off in a drunken stupor!!

Hahahaha...

Franco
03-05-2001, 02:19 PM
3/03

Cheers for that comment Bobby Dazzler

Nothing to really report on this day

4/03

Got up later than usual

Meal: All meals were eaten but were way later than usual

Waters was high but not as high as last sunday.

Chest and back tomorrow

Franco
03-05-2001, 02:24 PM
5/03

I started the new ratios yesterday and my energy is back to as it was a couple of weeks ago, bubbling full of it:)

Food: All meals were on time

Training: Increased the reps on my bench, chins, Increased the weight on my deads to 100kg(220lbs)x5, i felt i could of done more if it was not for my sodding grip. Also increased the weight on weighted dips:)

Water has been high.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2001, 04:39 PM
Who is Claire?

And how the feck do you know my nick name?

Franco
03-07-2001, 08:46 AM
06/03

Claire is one of my best mates who i've known since i was about 8.

Today is a grow day.

Leg day tomorrow

Franco
03-07-2001, 08:53 AM
7/03

Food: All meals are ont time

Training: Increased my first set and second set of squats, last week i got 6 reps of 90kg and was debating wheather i was up to it to 92.5kg or 95kg. I felt strong enough so I went for 95kg(209lbs) and got 5 good reps.

I increased the weight on my first and second set of leg presses

I also increased the weight on my first and second set o sldl. 2nd set was 80kg(176lbs) x 6:)

Also incresed the weight on all m sets of standing calve raises:)

Grow day tomorrow

Franco
03-10-2001, 03:20 AM
8/03

Water has been high

Tomorrow i am taking skullcrushers out because i do not have a spotter so i cant go as heavy as i would like.

Franco
03-10-2001, 03:23 AM
9/03

Weight: 154lbs or 11 stone:)

Water has been high

Training: Increased the weight on military press and side lateral raises:), took out skull crushers, felt it much more in my tri's with my new routine.

Going to try and get plenty of rest over the weekend, and going to be ready to hit chest and back on monday:)

Franco
03-12-2001, 11:43 AM
10/03

Played footy today with some mates, nothing else to report

11/03

Water has been high:)

Chest and back tomorrow

Franco
03-12-2001, 12:00 PM
12/03

I had a terrible nights sleep last night and this affected my training to start off with. But near the end of my workout i got this sudden surge o energy not sure where it came from which enabled me to do more reps with more weight:)

Training: I ncreased the weight on my weighted dips, bent over rows and deadlifts on 2nd set of deadlifts i got 102.5kgx7 (225.5lbs):)

Grow day tomorrow

Franco
03-14-2001, 12:09 PM
13/03

Water has been high

Last nights sleep was poor, going to try and buy a new pillow to see if it helps.

Leg day tomorrow

Franco
03-14-2001, 12:17 PM
Food: All meals have been about 30 mins later than usual.

Supps: All taken but later than usual

Training: Today i blasted my hairy legs to bits:D, I increased the weight on the first set of squats and on my seocnd set i got 6 reps compared to 5 last week with 95kg(209lbs). increased the weight on first and second set of sldl, on 2nd set i got six good reps of 85kg
(187lbs). I also increased the weighto on my first and second set of leg press

Water: hmmmmm so so today

I mananged to get one of those contoured pillows so last night sleep was pretty good:)

Franco
03-16-2001, 12:10 PM
15/03

Got digital tv today and along wih all the british channels, got 50 italian channels should keep my dad amused for the best part of mmmmmmmm.... 5 minutes

Grow day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franco
03-18-2001, 03:27 AM
16/03

What a day, anyway today seemed like god damn Attack of the clinically insane O.A.P motorists part one and two, on two seperate occasions on the way to the gym, there these drivers that must have been over 60 that were out to crash into me, i was furious i was f'ing and blinding but this got me motivated for my workout:D

Training: Increased the weight on my military press, and as the dumbells only go up to 30kg at my gym, i had to use the metal dumbells for more weight, this is where u attach the big plates yourself i checked it was secured with the pins correctly and proceeded on my 2nd set of dumbell extension and my 5th reop the bloody pins fell of and the plates hit me on the back of the head, god damn:mad:, luckily i was ok.

Oh great now my sodding mobile phone is on the blink

Rather forget about this day!!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2001, 05:23 AM
them sunday drivers...~tut tut~...

Franco
03-18-2001, 07:59 AM
17/03

From tommorrow fat is going to be higher and carbs are going to be lowered, bumping up my total cals:)

I have been on the WBB routine since Dec 18th, and might be switching to Max-OT

Franco
03-20-2001, 11:44 AM
19/03

Supps: All supps taken:)

Training: Switched from 6-8 reps to 4-6 reps, with this i maanged to improve my first and second set of deadlifts on my second set i managed 110kg(242lbs)x4, added weight to my bent over barbell rows:) And added reps to my chinny chin chins:)

Water has been high

Grow day tomorrow

Franco
03-21-2001, 09:15 AM
20/03

Woke up feeling like complete crap non stop sneezing runny nose:(. So i went to the chemist and got some medicine and i felt a hell of a lot better. In the evening i felt like complete poo once again

If i feel this way tomorrow i will miss leg day:(

Franco
03-21-2001, 09:16 AM
21/01

Missed leg day, feel like crap, :(, GOD DAMN IT!!! :mad:

Anyway i think i should be back in the gym on friday, and it has been a while since i took this much time off to recuparate and rest:)

Franco
03-24-2001, 03:24 AM
23/03

Felt much better today and ready to make a return to the gym tomorrow:)

Franco
03-24-2001, 03:27 AM
24/03

Weight: 155Lbs, looks like the rest and recuparation helped. 2lbs since last friday which is good:)

Training: Increased reps on military press, increased weight on my side laterals

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2001, 06:27 AM
How much do you use for side laterals?

I moved onto 14kg DB's on friday and i think they've give me a sore rotator cuff. I can do 12 reps with 12kg quite easily, so i moved onto 14's and got 8. About an hour after trainning, my shoulder felt sore:(

I don't like working through it either...I may take my week off the gym a couple of weeks early, depends how it feels on monday.

Franco
03-27-2001, 10:39 AM
Good to hear your taking a week off. Now tell the gaffer at work u cant pull any pints cause it will worsen your injury u can just serve the customers crisps and bar snacks:)

24/03

Going to lower protein and up my fat tomorrow

Franco
03-27-2001, 10:42 AM
25/03

Today I started on the new ratios which was lower protein and higher fat

Franco
03-27-2001, 10:45 AM
26/03

Food: All food on time:)

Training: My strength was considerably down today:( and affected all my lifts.

Franco
03-27-2001, 10:47 AM
27/03

Food: Meals were much much later than usual

Leg day tomorrow, hopefully strength will be back tomorrow

Think this is the 10,000th post:)

Franco
03-31-2001, 10:11 AM
28/03

Training: Only increased my leg press today

Grow day tomorrow

Franco
03-31-2001, 10:13 AM
29/03

Think i might be getting this damn flu bug once again, will see how i feel in the morning to decide if i will train tomorrow

Franco
03-31-2001, 10:36 AM
30/03

Feel like crap, missed training, was unable to weight myself because my home scales went haywire. I will weigh myself monday if im well enough to go to the gym.

Nothing seems to be going right for me at the mo:(

Franco
04-03-2001, 02:02 PM
31/03

Feel a bit better today, not really much else to report

1/04
Feel near 100% which is good, should be back in the gym tomorrow:)

Chest and back tomorrow

Franco
04-03-2001, 02:06 PM
2/01

Energy was so bloody high today, i felt hyper all day which was wicked:)

Training: I managed 105kgx5 on my 2nd set of deads, increased reps on chins:)

i'm seriously starting to get some good mass now

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-03-2001, 03:11 PM
Well done, it's ace when you start to see results.

Keep up the good work - and stick with them deads, they're the daddy...:)

Franco
04-07-2001, 03:09 AM
Yes at the mo i'm thinking that deads are the daddy and squats are the 2nd cousin once removed

3/04

Feeling nice and sore from the back and chest workout yesterday:)

Franco
04-07-2001, 03:14 AM
4/04

Training: I got a personal best of 192.5lbs for sldl x6, form next week i am going to lower the weight on my squats cause at the mo im touching parallel but i prefer doing the "ass to the grass ones":)

Oh and by the way to all the OAP's t my gym leave the pin IN the leg curl machine cause when i came back formt he bog i was none to happy that a certain pensioner nicked it:mad:

Grow day tomorrow

Franco
04-07-2001, 03:16 AM
5/04

Can hardly walk today, which is great oh I love leg day:)

Shoulders, tri's and biceps tomorrow

Franco
04-07-2001, 03:20 AM
6/ 04

Training: Only increased the weight on my cable crunches

Franco
04-08-2001, 07:59 AM
7/04

May be switching my food numbers around either tomorrow or monday:)

8/04

Just had a nap:)

From tomorrow I will up my protein and fat and leave the carbs the way they are, this change has arisen to the fact that my weight has been playing me up this week.

Chest and back tomorrow, been reading a hell of a lot on back training this weekend from various sites on the net:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2001, 10:29 AM
Incase you're curious mate, here's my routine (although you probably already know it):

Deads 2 sets
Pull - ups 3 sets
One arm DB rows 2 sets
low cable pulley 1 set

~has good back~

I reckon my routine is the dogs bollocks. Thought you may want to see it and possible use it as a template for your kick ass back routine. What have you come up with so far?

Franco
04-11-2001, 07:36 AM
9/04

Training: Today i used the power grips or vers grips or whatever the hell you want to call them:), and I increased my Deads to 110kgx5. On chins i used Vince Gironda's method Sternum chin up "OH MY GOD" my back has felt so worked, they are bloody difficult but BRILLIANT:) . I also increased my weigted dips

Grow day tomorrow:)

Franco
04-11-2001, 07:38 AM
10/04

My back is still hurting and my traps are extremly sore, my traps are now verging on freaky:cool:

Anyway fave day tomorrow:)

Franco
04-11-2001, 07:41 AM

I weighed myself today and was pleasantly suprised how much weight i had put on, i don't usually weigh myself on wednesday.

Training: I lowered the weight on my squats, so i could go "ass to the grass", I got a personal best on the leg press of 202.5kgx6:)

If u read this rob " May the cheese be with you";)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-11-2001, 08:30 AM
What the fu.........

Franco
04-14-2001, 02:47 PM
It's not relevant anymore

Franco
04-14-2001, 02:51 PM
12/04

Food: All my meals are on time

Supps: All taken:)

Legs very sore just the way i like them:) With the lowered weight i went back to "ass to the grass" squats and felt it a hell of lot more

Tomorrow I will be training Shoulders+Arms

Franco
04-14-2001, 02:57 PM
Food: As it was good friday, the gym was opened far later than usual and even though i still had the same ratios i had to switch the macros of each meal to accomadate my workout

Supps: Taken but at different time than normal

Training: Bloody gym was ram jam packed today.
My reps on miltary press decreased, as so did my seated dumbell press.
I also had to use dumbells instead of barbell for curls, because these certain moronic plebs were taking their sweet time and they could see i was annoyed with them, but they prolonged their work on the barbell so I thought sod it and used the dumbells.

Never again am i working out at that time again

Gym is now open again on tuesday, I will probably do some ab work at home on sunday as per usaul

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2001, 06:07 PM
If people spend ages on a certain machine or bech or whatever... i tell them to move or let me share. I hate it when people do there daily 12 sets of benches.

Franco
04-15-2001, 12:28 AM
Ahh yes but these guys were doing there daily 12 sets of stiff leg deadlifts, how they could walk when they finally finished, will remain a mystery

Franco
04-15-2001, 12:31 AM
14/04

Left wrist is hurting me immensely today for some unknown reason

Cackerot69
04-15-2001, 01:06 AM
unknown reason, huh? LOL

Franco
04-19-2001, 07:46 AM
15/04

Did some ab work as per usual today. Managed to have a nap in the afternoon:)

Gym will be closed tomorrow, so therefore will be another rest day and I will train chest and back on tuesday

Franco
04-19-2001, 07:47 AM
16/04

Food: All meals eaten

Supps: Yep indeedy

Oh what a boring day

Chest and back tomorrow

Franco
04-19-2001, 07:51 AM
17/04

Supps: As always YES

Pretty good workout today IMO
Improved incline dumbell press with 27.5kgx7
Deadlift 115kgX6

Whilst i was putting the weight on the bar for my second set of deads, this poor kid was being squished by 35kg (77.5lbs) on the bench, so i had to go and resuce him:)

Tomorrow some of my meals may be a bit skew-wiff because of an appointement

Franco
04-19-2001, 07:56 AM
18/04

Food: All meals except on time, except meal 4 was extremely late due to my appointment

Supps: All on time

I HATE THE GOD DAMN N.H.S EVEN MORE

Leg today tomorrow, so i will take out this aggression on the weights

Franco
04-19-2001, 01:44 PM
19/04

Training: Anyway squats moving up gradually, after i reduced the weight last week so i could go ass to the grass.

Some personal bests achieved today
Leg press 210kg x 8
Standing Calves raises 125kg x 10
20 reps on Cable crunches at 75kg

As I write this legs are feeling nice and sore:)

Rest day tomorrow, then saturday will be shoulders+ Arms

Franco
04-20-2001, 02:12 PM
20/04

My legs are in so much agony:)

I kept on waking up in the middle of the night with these pains in my delt and traps(right side). A couple of months ago i had exactly the same pains on my left side

Shoulders+ Tri's+ Bi's tomorrow

Franco
04-24-2001, 11:50 AM
21/04

First time i have lifted on a saturday in an extremly long time

Increased weight on rope pull downs

Next week i'm going to try 27.5kg for seated dumbell presses

Franco
04-24-2001, 11:59 AM
22/04

Supps: Yep

Did my sunday ab work at home, and its getting stranger by the week:D

From now on will continue to workout tue, thur , sat

Franco
04-24-2001, 12:03 PM
23/04

Back and chest tomorrow, thinking about changing the current split

Franco
04-24-2001, 12:05 PM
24/04

Training: Managed to get 4 reps on deads at 120kg, and got four reps on incline dumbells (30kg)

Franco
04-28-2001, 02:59 AM
25/04

Leg day tomorrow

Franco
04-28-2001, 03:01 AM
26/04

Felt a bit like poo today, but still managed a pretty good training session, still managed to get 90kg for sldl:)

Franco
04-28-2001, 03:40 AM
27/04

Weight: 164lbs

Legs do not hurt as much as they usually do after leg day, nevermind

Water was much lower than usual

Franco
04-28-2001, 09:43 AM
28/04

Food: All meals a bit later than usual

Supps: A bit later, but yep

Training: Increased Military press, was feeling a bit funny only managed 5 reps of 25kg seated dumbell press compared to usual 8, i tried 27.5kg but only got half a rep, had i been feeling 100% i could have managed 3 or 4 reps. I also did reverse pec deck instead of side laterals.

Wrist is still giveing me trouble think i may go to hospital either tomorrow or monday for an x-ray

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-28-2001, 10:10 AM
Yep, all that wonking plays havoc with your wrists.

Stunts your growth too (hahaha...you must be a professional if that's the case hahaha....)

Franco
04-28-2001, 10:44 AM
No actually when i was 17 i went ice skating for the first time broke my left wrist and have never returned, and now its playing up

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-28-2001, 10:54 AM
yeah yeah, sure you did...

Franco
05-01-2001, 11:40 AM
29/04

Did abs at home today as usual

Franco
05-01-2001, 11:42 AM
30/04

Changing my split to this:-

Day 1: Chest+ Triceps

DAy 3: Legs

Day 5: Shoulders, Back, bi's

Franco
05-01-2001, 11:47 AM
1/05

Sups: All supps taken

Pretty good workout, this big built guy (about 14 stone or so) was doing 25kg on incline dumbells and it was obvious that he thought that he was the badgers nadgers, and then little ole' Franco came along and was repping the 27.5kg and 30kg dumbells.

Word of warning you don't mess with me in my playground:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-01-2001, 01:43 PM
You playing with 30kg DB's = ace.

Franco
05-07-2001, 07:16 AM
2/05

Slipped behind on updating this

Food : All on time

Went to the hospital today anf found out i have tendonitis, so doc said "No, heavy lifting for you"tuttut,

Also not one single nurse or doc in that A + E was english and god damn it why do you find it so hard to say my name

Franco: Is there any medication I should be prescribed

Nurse: You can just take regular painkillers, like nurofen

Franco: Ok

Nurse: They are cheaper if you get the from a chemist, because at our pharmacy they are probably 6 dollars 10 cents

Franco: ~Since when is the currency in this country dollars~

Franco
05-09-2001, 11:06 AM
3/05

Food: On time

Supps: Taken

Gonna take a week off then go back next thursday

Franco
05-09-2001, 11:07 AM
4/05

Supp: All taken

Water has been high

Franco
05-09-2001, 11:09 AM
5/05

Going to lower my carbs and fat tomorrow

6/05

New numbers start today, gonna go back to train wednesday now

Franco
05-09-2001, 11:09 AM
7/05

Franco
05-09-2001, 11:11 AM
8/05

Supps: Yep

Wrist is feeling much better.

Started Roaccutane today

Franco
05-09-2001, 11:16 AM
9/05

Food: All meals have been slightly earlier due to change of training times

Supps: YAH

Training: Have not trained since last thursday but it was great to get back in the old routine:). My strength had stayed the same so that was cool.

I managed some new PB's today
Leg press 212.5kgx6

SLDL's 100kgX7 - For some weird reason everyone seemed to stop and started watching me doing these:D

There were some huge guys which i have never seen in the gym before, but they were all staring at me lift.

heathj
05-09-2001, 04:56 PM
Maybe they just wanted to see how a pussy did SLDL.

Franco
05-10-2001, 03:29 AM
Heath- Do you have the faintest idea how much 100kg is?

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-10-2001, 09:23 AM
Heathj, not only are you an ass in the chat, you are also an ass on the board...

Franco
05-29-2001, 11:43 AM
28/04

It's been a fair while since this has been updated, training and diet have been good though the tendonitis is still niggling to a certain degree

Training

Legs today, due to it a national holiday, the gym was open from 4pm to 9pm. I was expecting there to be a whole bunch of pretty boys there,(guys that turn up in there soccer shirts with their collars up and do about 1 set of leg extensions at 10kg and some sit ups and then walk round thinking how big they are) luckily there were none.

Since i have alternated front squats each week my normal squat has gone up

after all my stretching, and warm up sets the routine today was

Front squatsx2 sets

Leg Press x 2 - I'm still on 212.5kg for this, but i feel that i could be able to do 6 plates each side very soon.

Leg curlx2- I dropped sldl's for a while

Standing Calve raisesx3

1 set of cable crunches e via

Diet

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! All tings are nice and chil. Losing some of the bodyfat at the mo ready in time for my trip to Cornwall in August. I will start bulking again when i come back

Notes
My lower back and knee's seems to be extremly sore for longer now, my opinion is that this is down to the accutane

Franco
06-04-2001, 02:21 PM
30/05

Training

I increased my bench today. Though my incline dumbell reps decreased and i only did one set of dips instead of the usual one.

Tri's had a a good workout also

Franco
06-04-2001, 02:25 PM
01/06

Training

Trained back and shoulders and bi's today.

All in all a good session though i did not dead this week

Franco
06-04-2001, 02:39 PM
04/06

Food

Trying to lean out a bit, so i'm now doing carb rotation. Energy and has yet to drop.

Training

Legs today, knees felt weak, so i dropped leg press. I may go to the doc's if things don't improve with the old patellas:)

Notes
Next time I bulk it will be for a shorther period of time, as so my bf% stays a a contrallable level

Legs are now at 24". I'm hoping next time I bulk i will be able to reach 180 and have at least 26" quads

Franco
06-08-2001, 02:07 PM
6/08

Training

Time was short to say the least today. So therefor my routine was as follows:

Bench 3 sets

Incline Dumbell 2 sets

Rope pushdowns 3 sets

1 set cable crunches

And i was gone

Franco
06-08-2001, 02:11 PM
8/06

Weight: 161lbs the carb rotation diet is working a treat, and at the mo i'm leaning out nicely

Training
Shoulders, back+bi's today

All in all a good session today

Went for 140kg on deads, managed 3 reps but i was struggling on the third.

Notes
Strength has not decreased, like i imagined it to.

Franco
06-11-2001, 11:27 AM
11/01

Diet was booooo on the weekend.

Training
Legs

2 sets of front squats

2 sets leg press. 2nd set was at 215kgx6

2 sets SlDl. 2nd set was 120kgX5

3 sets calve raises.

High cable side bends, these have done so much for my intercostals

Cable crunches.

Notes
The town is still full of these annoying kids taking their g.c.s.e's, nevermind I think they finish this week.

Next workout will be on Wednesday, then Friday's workout will be changed to Saturday due to me strutting my funky groove thang on the dancefloor on thursday night:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-11-2001, 11:39 AM
your avatar is good...

http://209.11.101.244/forum/avatar.php?userid=2826&dateline=990050564

..Is better....

Franco
06-11-2001, 12:16 PM
Yep, that's the only thing Elite is good for nicking their avatars:D

Franco
07-23-2001, 08:58 AM
25/06

Legs:

Increased squats

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:00 AM
27/06

Push Split - Had to use this as I hasd more time on wednesday then I did on friday this week.

I personally did not like grouping chest/shoulders/tri's together, i know i only gave it a week.

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:01 AM
29/06

Back/bi's

This was a good session. Increased dumbell curls

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:05 AM
2/07

As of this week I will be working out on Mon, Tue, and Friday to allow for optimum rest for delts and tri's

Increased weight on sldl.
Increased reps on squats.

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:06 AM
3/07

Increased weight on dips

Barbell bench is still a big problem.

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:08 AM
6/07

Shoulders/Back/Bi's

Personal best of 313.5x4 on deads.

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:09 AM
9/07

Legs

Weight increase on squats.
Increased reps on leg extensions

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:10 AM
10/07

Chest/tri's

Seated skullcrushers are going very well and have managed to increase reps this week

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:12 AM
13/07

Friday 13th - Anything that would go wrong, DID today

Gym session was ace though
Increase reps on pulldown and weight on t-bar rows.

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:13 AM
16/07

Legs

The rotation of front squats and regular squats has helped bring all my lifts up, which is rather pleasing.

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:15 AM
17/07

Had to train in the near god damn dark today, because of a power cut.

Increased weight on seated skulls which was rather pleasing

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:17 AM
20/07

Shoulders/Back/Bi's

Increased weight on t-bar rows
Increased reps on side laterals
Increased dumbell curl reps
Increased Pulldown weight

Franco
07-23-2001, 09:20 AM
23/07

I added 10g fat to my daily totals this weekend.

Legs.

Increased weight on front squats
Increased weight on leg extensions
Increased weight on sldl

Suprisingly the dieting only had a real affect on my strength within the first couple of weeks. Then it picked up once again. And progression is occuring at a tremendous rate.

Franco
07-27-2001, 05:08 AM
24/07

Chest/tri's

This is the 2nd week using flat dumbell benhc instead of barbell bench. Things are progressing quite well

Not including warm up

2 sets dumbell bench

2 sets Inclinde dumbell

1 set of dips @21.25kgx8

2sets Seated skullz

2 sets of rope pushdowns

Strength is still stable. Dieting is still going well

Franco
07-27-2001, 05:19 AM
27/07

Shoulders/Back/Bi's

(Not including warm ups)

2 sets of dumbell presses

2 sets of side laterals

2 sets of supinated pulldowns. 2nd set was@ 82.5kgx7 reps,

this was an increase of an extra rep compared to last week

2 sets unsupported t-bar rows. 2nd set@62.5kg, this week this seemed much heavier to me, but fortunately still managed to grind out 8 reps.

2 sets dumbell shrugs

2 sets dumbell curls. 9 reps was fairly easy with the 20kg's, with the 22.5kg's I managed 7 reps with my right side, but failed to get the 7th on my left.

1 set of Hammer curls 25kgx7

I managed to take some pictures after my session, but as the film is still fairly new, might be some time before they are developed.

For the last month or so, i have been consuming 9 meals on training days, as i train much earlier now. On rest days i eat 8

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-27-2001, 09:08 AM
Show them why you're number one Mr Angelini.:)

Franco
08-02-2001, 05:16 AM
30/07

Leg day was cancelled due to medical reason. The extra days rest did the world of good for me, managed extra sleep, which is an improvement.

Maki Riddington
08-14-2001, 10:37 PM
B
Get yo ass writing son.

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:30 AM
Ok lets see what i can remember

31/07

Increase of weight on flat dumbell bench

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:33 AM
3/08

Increased Reps on T-bar rows

Increase of weight on dumbell shrugs

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:35 AM
6/08

Legs

Increase of weight on fron squats

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:36 AM
7/08
Chest/Tri's

Increased weight on second set of skullcrushers

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:37 AM
10/08

Delts/Back/Bi's
Increase of weight on dumbell shrugs

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:39 AM
13/08

Legs

Unfortunately this has got to go down on records as one of the most terrible workouts I have had :(

Franco
08-16-2001, 11:50 AM
14/08

Chest/Tri's

Increase reps on dips by 1 rep

The addition of cardio into my dieting in recent weeks has aided me in shedding some weight, though progress seems to somewhat have degressesd.

I have also been helping several individuals with their diets at my gym, and most of them have decided that the level of commitment was too much, and invertently gave up after the first week.

In the next couple of weeks i'm going to be looking for a new gym, for when i start gaining again. As i will be going to college, i've have heard quite a few good things about the gyms in the surrounding areas

Also my copy of Supertraining should be here soon, ordered from Dr. Hermann Korte, some of you may know him from the Supertraining message board

And a big well done to Robboe, for getting into uni.....

Maki Riddington
08-16-2001, 03:41 PM
[B]14/08

Also my copy of Supertraining should be here soon, ordered from Dr. Hermann Korte, some of you may know him from the Supertraining message board

B]

*** Get set to read it over and over and over and over...........
too much info in the book.

Franco
09-10-2001, 03:37 AM
Ok, training has been ace. Last week i trained for the first time in the evening for one and a half years, the progression was far better than training in the morning, energy was much improved also

I now own a copy of Supertraining. One hell of a book!!!

My diet numbers for the last couple of weeks has been as follows:-

Day 1+2

Pro:250
Carbs:135
Fat:30

Day 3+4
Carbs:185

Day 5+6

Carbs:235

Cardio is still 3x week, but if feel the need i may add a 4th day

The weekend brought about changes in my diet numbers.

They are as follows

Days 1-4
Carbs:135

On day 5 I will load

Then repeat the rotation.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-04-2001, 02:45 PM
*smack*

Franco
10-04-2001, 02:49 PM
03/10

Chest/ Tri's

Actually a pretty good session, after i changed it to wednesday allowing for an extra days rest. Managed a kip in the afternoon

Progressed on bench and seated skullz

Franco
10-04-2001, 02:50 PM
Current diet numbers

Days:1-4
Pro:275
Carbs:150
Fat:40

Day 5:
Fat:40

Then repeat the cycle

Mystic Eric
10-05-2001, 10:18 PM
you still cutting, fran?

Franco
10-13-2001, 12:36 AM
Yes, i am still dieting Eric

5/10
Delts/Back/Bi's

Increase of weight on supinated pulldowns, i feel ready to go back to chins as of next week. Not sure what i can handle in the weighted chin but i will experiment:)

heathj
10-13-2001, 12:37 AM
What's QUESTA VITA COMPLICATA PER DIRE IL MINIMI mean?

Franco
10-13-2001, 12:38 AM
8/10
Legs

Today was a fairly productive workout with increases on front squats and and ALL my sets of standing calve raises.

Franco
10-13-2001, 12:45 AM
9/10
Chest, Tri's

With a late finish at college on tuesday, i usually feel pretty much exhausted by the latter part of the day, but going to bed at a ridiculously early time helped a hell of a lot.

Increase of weight on weighted dips
Increase of reps on my sets of flat bench, which was rather pleasing

Franco
10-13-2001, 12:57 AM
12/10
Delts, Back, Bi's

I attempted 27.5kg on seated dumbell press, previously when gaining i was easily repping five for this weight, last night i could only manage one. Felt very frustrated with that, but anyway....

Also i put chins back into my routine after using pulldowns for a considerable amount of time. I was not sure what kind of weight i felt comfortable with on the weight belt, ans as it had been ages, i just used 10kg. This was easier then expected, next week i will probably use somewhere in the region of 15-20kg:)

The rest of the workout was very productive:)

Every day that i've been at the gym this week, there had been a considerable amount of individuals wanting to join, good luck to them. Just hope that they don't just stop working out when they don't see any gains later on down the line

Franco
10-13-2001, 12:58 AM
Heath, to answer your question that apt little sentance means
"Life is complicated to say the least"

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-13-2001, 03:24 AM

I attempted 27.5kg on seated dumbell press, previously when gaining i was easily repping five for this weight, last night i could only manage one. Felt very frustrated with that, but anyway....

i hear ya man, when i tired them 38er's i could only squeeze out 4...:p

:moon:

Franco
10-16-2001, 11:54 AM
Indeed Robert

15/10

Good leg day with progression in weight on standing calve raises, leg extensions and cable crunches:)

For the entire duration of mty workout I had the entire gym to myself..... which was nice:)

Tomorrow Chest/Tri's

Franco
10-16-2001, 11:57 AM
16/10

Today seemed like a mission to get to different classes as most of them were at opposite ends of the college, and also right at the top of the buildings, i used the stairs first couple of time, but then though bugger it i'll use the lift. The late finish only hindered me. I'm feeling pretty exhausted at the moment, so chest and tri's will be moved to tomorrow night.

Franco
10-19-2001, 05:50 AM
17/10

Moved Chest/Tri workout to wednesday

Increased reps on third set of bench
Increased reps on weighted dips

I will now move delts/back/bi's to saturday as i will be unable to train legs on monday due to medical reasons

Franco
10-22-2001, 03:12 AM
20/10

Delts/Back/Bi's

Pretty good workout even though gym was fairly packed added reps to my side laterals and 1.25kg to my wighted chins.

I will not be working out monday as previously mentioned, due to medical reasons

Tuesday is Chest/Tri's

Franco
10-22-2001, 03:26 AM
23/10

I have the whole week off.

This morning was an absolute nightmare, woken at 1.00a.m. this morning to be told we're being flooded(River Rib had burst its banks), quickly put clothes on, rush down stairs and help with the removal of furniture and possesions to upstairs. The water level continued to rise up until 4a.m and then started to subside, the entire back garden was flooded and inadvertently (probably about 1 foot deep) got into the kitchen, luckly it was only about 1-2mm.

Our parking space was completly flooded as were the neighbours, this made the water just reach the inside of our front door.

I was the only one person out of the whole of the houses that bothered to phone the flloodline, i got passed from one idiot to another, once being told that i was being put through to the Fire service so they could deliver sandbags, got through we do not supply sandbags that is the councils job. Always passing the buck as to put it. Arghhhhhh!!!

Later the enviroment agency officer arrived with the Fire engine and assessed the damage, one poor old guy down the streett was completly flooded and did not know until my mother rang his door bell and he came down quivering and shaking, poor guy. He must have had a foot of water in his living room alone.

At about 4.30 a.m th sand bags were delivered we were allocated 25 each per house.

The road which turns into my street was BAD, not even a Jeep Cherokee attempted to get through, the pub nearby was flooded also.

Feeling rather exhausted at the mo

Franco
10-23-2001, 01:59 PM
23/10

Chest/Tri's

Excellent workout:)

Added 2.5kg to my bench and set a new pb
Increased reps on Incline Db's
Increased Dip reps by one
Increased Reps on seated skullcrushers

The amount of new members joining the gym is growing at an alarming rate, good to see people looking after themselves, though i do question some of the assessment methods, by their so called "Personal Trainers"

On friday i am going to attempt the 27.5kg, once again for seated dumbell press. After today i feel confident and this hopefully will be achieved

Franco
10-27-2001, 03:45 AM
26/10

Delts/Back/Bi's

Delts
3 warm up sets of seated Dumbell presses
Seated dumbell presses 25kg x8, didn't attempt 27.5kg
Side laterals 17.5kg x 6 , 15kg x 11

Back
2 warm up sets of chins
BW+7.5kg x10, BW+ 12.5kgx6

Unsupported t-bar rows
55kgx11, 60kgx10, it's been a while since I attempted this weight on the t-bar felt pretty good though:)

Barbell Shrugs
90kgx11(pronated grip), 100kgx10, 5 of these were over/under grip

Db curls( had to lower the weight on these)
20Kg x 7, 17.5Kgx8

2Lbs dropped this week also. I should be at my goal next week

I should be back to gaining in the next couple of weeks, after a short break and then start on a periodisation routine

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-27-2001, 04:58 AM
well done about the fat loss.

two things: why do you do delts before back? and can you explain your periodisation routine a little more please?

cheers man.

Franco
10-28-2001, 03:36 AM
I answered you on MSN:)

Franco
10-28-2001, 03:38 AM
28/10

As of today my cals have been increased slightly

Day 1-4
Carbs:175
Fat:50

Day5
Carbs:260
Fat:50

Franco
10-29-2001, 04:18 AM
29/10

Leg day

As leg day was cancelled as previously mentioned, legs were pretty fresh, even though i'm still doing cardio 3 times a week.

3 conventional squat warm ups
1x Conventional Squat
1x Pl Squat

Leg extensions
55kgx8
60kgx6

Sldl's
100kgx8
115kgx7
I feel that I could've managed a far greater weight, for the first set, I will try next week and see.

Standing Calve raises
95kgx10
110kgx10
120kgx10

Abs
Lying flat on bench leg raises with 10kg between feet x 11

High Cable side bends 65kg x 15

Cable crunches 80kg x 15

Once again I had to gym to myself for the entire duration of my leg day:)

I was tempted to put some pull through's at the end of my routine, but will wait until i'm back to gaining. I've also been thinking of buying some chains for squatting.

Looking a tad smoother today with increase in cals, i'll see what weight i'm at on friday and decide from there if I want to continue dieting. I sholuld also be taking pics on this day
Bf% is between 9-10%

Franco
11-05-2001, 08:18 AM
30/10

Chest/Tri's

3 warm up sets flat bench
3 work sets flat bench

Incline Dumbells
30kg x5
30kg x 5

Dips
Bw + 23.75kg x 7

Seated overhead skullcrushers
32.5 x 8
36.5kg x 5

V-bar cable pressdown( Decided to drop the cable ropes from my routine)
I was not sure what i could manage with these, so i just tried 65kg for one set, felt a tad too easy. Will up this weight quite considerably next week

Franco
11-05-2001, 08:21 AM
2/11

Delts/Back/Bi's

Nothing really exciting to report, except for the fact that I increased reps on both sets of dumbell curls.

Also put 2lbs back on, I will sort out new numbers for the weekend

Franco
11-05-2001, 08:23 AM
3/11

Day 5 has been dropped from the rotation, and my diet numbers are as follows

Carbs: 175
Fat: 50

Franco
11-05-2001, 08:29 AM
5/11

Legs

3 warm up sets front Squats
2 Work Sets

Leg extensions
55kg x 8
61.25kg x 7. I most definately was not expecting to achieve seven reps today

Sldl
100kgX8(Should've upped this weight...)
120kg x 6. Last rep was a bit iffy to say the least, but just about managed it:)

Standing Calve Raises
100kg x 10
110kg x 10
127.5kg x 10. These were proverbial pain in the ass (for want of better words)

Abs

High Cable side bends 65kg x 15

Cable crunches 80kg x 15

The gym was pretty packed for that time in the morning, which was very unusual.

Franco
11-08-2001, 03:33 AM
6/11

Chest/Tri's

3 work sets flat bench

Incline Dumbells
30kg x5
30kg x 5

Dips
Bw + 25kg x 5

32.5 x 8
36.5kg x 5

V-bar pressdowns
75kgx9

Franco
11-08-2001, 03:36 AM
07/11

As of late i've been feeing very weary. These low cals have taken their toll on me and depending where I am on friday I might decide to stop dieting as it has been a fair amount of time.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-08-2001, 05:45 AM
It'll be 20 weeks for you this weekend man. Well done :thumbup:

you made Ole' Papa proud :cry:

YatesNightBlade
11-08-2001, 06:00 AM
Post some pics Fran ... it would be nice to see your progress !!!

Franco
11-10-2001, 04:04 AM
My camera decided to stop working for some unknown reason, though I will try and borrow a digital camera from my friend.

Franco
11-10-2001, 04:09 AM
09/11

Delts/Back/Bi's

Seated dumbell presses 27.5kg x4,
Side laterals 17.5kg x 7 , 15kg x 11

Back
2 warm up sets of chins
BW+7.5kg x10, BW+ 12.5kgx7

Unsupported t-bar rows
56.25kgx11, 60kgx10,

Barbell Shrugs
92.5kgx11(pronated grip), 100kgx10, (pronated grip)

Db curls
20Kg x 7, 17.5Kgx8

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-10-2001, 04:15 AM

Db curls
20Kg x 7, 17.5Kgx8

Christ man, you got a lot of arms....

Franco
11-12-2001, 08:26 AM
Not really Rob, I just have favourable mechanics in certain lifts and in other i.e bench, I have less than favourable mechanics, but hey what can you do...

Franco
11-12-2001, 08:34 AM
12/11

Legs

3 warm up sets conventional squats
2 Work Sets (1 normal stance, 1 Pl Stance)

Leg extensions
56.25kg x 8
62.5kg x 5. My right knee was giving me considerable trouble whilst attempting these.

Sldl
102.5kgX8
122.5kg x 5.

Standing Calve Raises
101.25kgk x 10
120kg x 10
135kg x 6.

Abs

High Cable side bends 65kg x 16

Cable crunches 80kg x 16

I finish dieting this friday and will then take a week off from training. I will also be starting a new routine, once i'm back to training and also hopefully will gain around 15lbs or so

My knee is playing up once again. This seems to come about every now and again

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-12-2001, 09:36 AM
post your squat numbers you big sissy.:)

Franco
11-13-2001, 03:08 PM
If I knew geordie, I would tell you wear to stick that comment:p

13/11
Chest/Tri's

I was feeling bloody knackered today and was not sure if I really wanted to go in, but session was better than expected i 'spose.

3 work sets flat bench ;) (Really though the prob I have here is that I trouble from just about an inch off my chest to the mid point)

Incline Dumbells
30kg x7 (Booyah. I could start using the metal dumbells where you attach the plates, but I don't trust the gyms collars for beans, and besides they are weak as fook. And no bloody taunting with those beans Boberto!!!
30kg x 5

Dips
Bw + 25kg x 7 B-B-B-B-BOOOOOOOO!!!

32.5 x 8
36.5kg x 4.5 (PONY!!!) That's all i'm saying about that.

V-bar pressdowns
77.5kgx11, where these came from I never know. Last rep was a pain, but anyhoo...

I learned today that I will have thursday off, so hopefully I can catch up on some sleep.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-13-2001, 03:17 PM

3 work sets flat bench ;)

Figures? You sneaky little winker...

Incline Dumbells
30kg x7 (Booyah. I could start using the metal dumbells where you attach the plates, but I don't trust the gyms collars for beans, and besides they are weak as fook. And no bloody taunting with those beans Boberto!!!
30kg x 5

Stop posting your warm up weights and tell us the real stuff!;)

Dips
Bw + 25kg x 7 B-B-B-B-BOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, you got me here...

32.5 x 8
36.5kg x 4.5 (PONY!!!) That's all i'm saying about that.

V-bar pressdowns
77.5kgx11, where these came from I never know. Last rep was a pain, but anyhoo...

I learned today that I will have thursday off, so hopefully I can catch up on some sleep.

Franco
11-16-2001, 02:54 PM
16/11

Finished Dieting today, Woo- Hoo

Delts/Back/Bi's

Seated dumbell presses 27.5kg x5 extra rep, normally I put the dumbells on my knees then flip them up onto my delts and start pressing away, but I had trouble this week so the first rep was standing and i sat back down:) tra la tra la la
Side laterals 17.5kg x 8, 15kg x 9, crap

In the rack, we had the dimwits deadlifting with some of the worst form I've ever been witness to(they must of been using about 320lbs, and then after their feeble attempt of a supposed 1 rep slammed the bar to the ground and walked around as if they were the shiat)... Bloody Idiots!!!

Back
2 warm up sets of chins
BW+7.5kg x6( oH DEAR), BW+ 13.75kgx6 NOT TOO SHABBY

Unsupported t-bar rows
57.5kgx10, 61.25kgx9,

Barbell Shrugs
92.5kgx11(pronated grip), 105kgx10, Over/Under grip

Db curls
20Kg x 6, 17.5Kgx7 Hmm.. down on both, felt exhausted by this time.

On the way to the gym I lost count off the amount of couple I saw arguing outside pubs... Oh well

On the way home from the gym turned the corner and these annoying drunken fartknockers were in the middle of the road and would not get out of the way. I was so close to getting out and attempting to floor all of these twats.( This is unusual for me as I am a very quiet and restrained individual)

They finally got out of the way, so i went off on my way drove a little bit more and around the corner I see Sainsbury's, in the door way two kids bloody wrestling and one pretending to be a ref and attempting a three count... Wtf

Just a normal drunken Friday night in Bishop's Stortford.

Chris Rodgers
11-17-2001, 01:31 PM
Say goodbye to those abs!!

Now bring on the strength training!!!!

*Does a happy 200th post in Franco's journal dance* :alcoholic

Franco
11-18-2001, 04:11 AM
Lol, indeed mate:)

Ok, I will be taking a week off from the gym. Should be going back either Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd, depending on how things span out for the week.

After speaking to Latty and Power, when I hit the gym next week I will be testing out my max in the big three lifts, then depeding where they are, will most probably proceed onto a Westside style routine.

Also as there will be no training I've decided to maintain for that week and have proceeded to drop the cals as so:-

Carbs 135
Fat:35

Mystic Eric
11-18-2001, 04:54 AM
why are you taking a week off?

Franco
11-18-2001, 05:09 AM
As I've just finished dieting, I do feel extremely drained.

I also will be doing a pretty demanding routine and I want to feel fresh and rejuvenated when I start.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-19-2001, 05:11 PM
I am drunk, and you'r most likely asleep in bed right now Mr Angelini.

:moon:

Harry Potter = my hero.

YatesNightBlade
11-20-2001, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Harry Potter = my hero.

Puff

Franco
11-20-2001, 02:48 AM
*Throws a drunken Mr. Clarke and his beer out of me journal*

Franco
11-20-2001, 04:36 AM
Found this over at elitefts.com and decided to post it:)

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don't give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you must not QUIT.

Author Unknown

Franco
11-21-2001, 02:52 PM
Ok...

Ok the time for testing my max on the lifts has come, ya booka!!!

They will go as follows:-
23/11 Dead - I have not attempted a conventional dead in oooh, say nearly 6 months and the last time I tried, I pulled 308lbs x3. Now I hope I can at least pull equal to this or more.

27/11 Squat

29/11 Bench

01/12 Westside Training Commences...

Wonky abs... hmmm yes 'tis true, but hey

Anyway comments welcome

heathj
11-21-2001, 02:59 PM
Good luck.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-21-2001, 04:17 PM
so you've opted for strength training eh?

Franco
11-22-2001, 01:21 AM
Yes, I have mate. I decided it's now or never, even though I have been slightly unsure.

Franco
11-23-2001, 03:08 PM
25/11

Well it was back to business today after the break..

From the second I got up I was psyched all day for this max dead attempt

Warmed up, then came the triples and then the singles

Max Dead

308lbs x1, 313.5 x1, 319 (failed)

Not brilliant, but not too shabby either, considering i've not done a conventional dead in nearly six months. Form was better on 313.5 than, 308lbs, 319... well hmmm

Shins are nice and raw, hammies sreaming as is lower back:D

Did some light arm work as well (not to failure)
2 set dumbell curls
1 set v-bar pushdowns

1 set standing abs

That is all for now. Max squat tuesday

heathj
11-23-2001, 03:36 PM
Good job! :thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-23-2001, 03:41 PM
313lb deadlift is very impressive for your size, frame and the fact you've been dieting for 21 weeks and haven't deadlifted in nearly 6 months dude.

can you tell me what the light arm work was in aid of?

Chris Rodgers
11-23-2001, 05:03 PM
Good work Franco!!! :D

Did you pull conventional or sumo??

Mystic Eric
11-23-2001, 05:12 PM
keep up the good work man.

PowerManDL
11-23-2001, 05:14 PM
:thumbup:

Franco
11-24-2001, 12:27 AM
considering i've not done a conventional dead in nearly six months.

Latty, yes it was a conventional dead

Cheers for the comments guys, means a lot to me:)

Pup
11-24-2001, 05:37 AM
Great job fran, lookin stellar bro.

Adam
11-24-2001, 10:24 AM
Great job on the dead Fran!
Westsiiidddddeeee :thumbup:

Franco
11-25-2001, 12:16 PM
Cheers guys

Actually felt like writing in this for some reason...

Any way bumped up cals to 2000 to gain slowly and with minimal fat, depending on how the week goes, I might lower or add to this.

Originally four days per week was a no go, but I've found a compromise and that is cool.

Really psyched about Saturday and have my ME exercises sorted out. They are:-

ME sq/dl
Good Morning

ME Bench
Floor Press

These will be rotated on three week basis.

heathj
11-25-2001, 01:28 PM
Good luck f00!

Franco
11-27-2001, 03:08 PM
27/11

Max Squat

Once again far from spetacular, but considering the amount of time I spent dieting, the cardio and the virtually non-existent progression on squats and my current bodyweight, due to these factors plus other stuff thrown into the equation produced about what I expected tonight.

Max Squat
242x 1, 247.5 (failed)

Did two sets of pull through's just to really get a feel for them, and I now see just how they aid in building the posterior chain

1 set of Standing Abs

There was this dude who was watching his partner doing leg press, and as the rack is next to the leg press he decided to stand damn close and he smelled so badly of pee-pee, that I nearly puked whilst doing me squats.

Oh and also there was an abundance of Bench and curl crew tonight at the gym who decided to throw in some dips and sit ups for good measure. Then they all did the infamous I.L.S walk, quite a sight...Lol

Max Bench is on Thursday

Franco
11-29-2001, 02:52 PM
29/11

Ermmm...

Max Bench day

Was really up for this today, but during the workout mind and heart was elsewhere, but still continued. I got what I was expecting (sorta), could've been much, much better.

2 sets overhead skulls

1 set pressdowns

High cable side bends

1 set Standing abs

ME Squat/Dl day is on Saturday, we'll see how this goes

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-30-2001, 03:25 AM
Sup man?

And where are these figures? tuttut :D

Franco
12-01-2001, 05:39 AM
01/12

ME SQ/DL

Close Stance Good Am's - 203.5lbsx1, 209 Failed
Speed Deads 6x1- 187lbs( 15-20 secs rest between sets)
Pull through's 2 sets @66lbs -9,8

Abs
High cable side bends

Two sets of standing abs

Well pretty good workout considering it's been a fair while since I've done Good Mornings.
The deads were done much faster than I expected I could do them.
Was gonna put 2 sets of BB shrugs in, but they felt fried enough.

Also that time in the morning on saturday is bloody ace, as for most of the workout I was the only one there( apart from the guy behind the reception)

Speed Bench very early monday morning, oh what joy...

Chris Rodgers
12-01-2001, 01:18 PM
Good work Franco!!

Just a suggestion, most guys do the speed deads after box squats on DE day. Not sure if it makes a big difference.

Good luck with the program! :D

Franco
12-01-2001, 02:51 PM
Cheers man, I will probably take that suggestion into account and replace the speed deads on ME SQ/dl with Zerchers.

Just wanted to make a note of some of the sites that I have used in gaining info for this programme

www.elitefts.com (Tons of great info)
www.testosterone.net
http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_133per.html (This is a very comprehensive read on westside. Periodisation Bible Part 2)
http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_129per.html Periodisation Bible Part 1- Linear Periodisation
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Supertraining ( Well this speaks for itself)
http://www.joeskopec.com/assistvids.html (The only downside is that the vids don't always work)
http://www.deepsquatter.com/freaks/ (Great vids showing various lifts)
http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/ (More great info)
www.elitefitness.com (Powerlifting Forums)
http://vandypowerlifting.tripod.com/PLindex.html (Small site, but with good info)
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Ring/4476/train.html (Some modified westside routine, plus other stuff)
http://www.biofitness.com/demos.html (How to perform the lifts)

And of course Latty and Power who have been extremely helpful, probably will have quite a few more questions to ask the pair of you in the future:)

Franco
12-02-2001, 01:12 PM
02/12

Ok, just a quick note that changes have been made to my diet numbers and they are now as follows:-

Carbs:175
Fat:23.

Spent most of this weekend trying to design an 8 page booklet and cd cover with tray for tribute concert. The bands involved are The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Jimi Hendrix), Cosmic Charlies(The Grateful Dead), The Who(Who's Who). Oh what fun...

Franco
12-04-2001, 03:07 PM
03/12

DE Bench
8x3 (60% of 1 rep max), 3 close grip, 3 medium, 2 wide. Then this was followed by a single at about 70-75% of 1 rep max.
Dumbell press: 2x50's 8, 8
Side Laterals: 27.5lbsx8, 33x6
Overhead ez bar Skulls 2x66lbs, 8, 8
V-bar pressdown 159.5lbsx9
4 sets of chins, 2@bw, 2 weighted
2 sets of dumbell curls

The single went up faster than I expected

Ok, back to early monday morning training. With the new routine the not training to failure is an easy concept to grasp hold of, but the much shorter rest periods between accessory exercise will take some time to get used to.

DE Squat wednesday.
I will be putting speed deads after boox squats and putting zerchers in their place on ME Sq/dl, day.
As I don't have a box, I will either have to use a bench or chair to hit parallel.

Franco
12-05-2001, 02:51 PM
05/12

DE Squat
Speed Squat 10x2 121lbs. 170.5lbsx1
Speed deads 6X1 187lbs (15-20 secs. rest between sets)
Pull throughs 66lbs 10,9
4 sets standing calve raises
Abs
1 set Weighted leg raises
2 sets Saxon side bends
1 set cable crubches.

I found that that the gym had a small box, and I placed a metal rest on top of that so it came up to about 8-10 inches. The 170.5lbs was not as fast as I would've liked

Form was pretty good for the box squats, as it was my first time, but I have been practising the movement.

Franco
12-07-2001, 05:20 AM
06/11

ME Bench
Floor press- worked upto a single
Dumbell inclines 55lbs 2x10
Elbows out extensions(30secs rest) 16.5lbs 3x8
Dumbell power cleans (30 secs rest) 22lbs 2x6
Unsupported T-bar rows(with v-bar handle attachment) 88lbs 2x10, 110 1x7

The Floor press felt great, even though it took longer than expected to find my one rep max and I was getting some very strage looks(hmmm... damn commercial gym). I ended up getting 11lbs more than my max flat bench.

First time I've done elbows out extensions and seated dumbell cleans. Also the first time I've attempted the the t-bar row with the close grip v-bar attachment normally used for the pulldowns, felt pretty good though.

Max SQ/dL Saturday

Probably going to train with Cloughie on the 15th.

Franco
12-08-2001, 07:21 AM
08/12

ME SQ/Dl

Close stance Good Am's - 203.5lbsx1, 209x1
Zercher Squats 2x5 110
2 sets Pull throughs 66lbs , 11,10
Abs
2 sets standing abs
High cable side bends

Pretty chuffed about the good morning's:)
Had no idea what I was capable of on the zerchers, but they are much harder than expected. Next week the weight will go up on these, just not sure by how much at this stage.
I'll give credit to latty and Adam and anyone else who has Zerchers in their routine.

Lost 0.5lbs this week, so alterations are gonna be made later on this weekend

Franco
12-10-2001, 06:53 AM
10/12

DE Bench
8x3 (60% of 1 rep max), 3 close grip, 3 medium, 2 wide. Then this was followed by a single at about 70-75% of 1 rep max
Dumbell press: 1x55's 7, 1x 50 8
Side Laterals: 38.5x6, 33x8
Overhead ez bar Skulls 2x71.5lbs, 6,6
V-bar pressdown 165lbsx7
4 sets of chins, 2@bw, 2 weighted
2 sets of dumbell curls

Hmm...Anyway the close grips were not as fast as I would've have liked them to be, but the medium and wide grip were ace. Also the single was much faster than last week:)

Nowhere near to what I was doing for the dumbell presses before my little break.

On another note my gym is close for fudging re-decaration on Sat and Sun so I will miss ME SQ/DL. PURE ARSE

Also diet has been re-jigged and new numbers were started from today, carbs will be slightly higher on training days than on rest days, also protein is up.

Wednesday is Speedy box squat day.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2001, 07:13 AM
is there not a nother gym you can go to during decorations?

Franco
12-10-2001, 07:15 AM
Maybe, I might be training with Cloughie on that day

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2001, 07:18 AM
ah...well there goes a perfectly decent training session...

Franco
12-13-2001, 03:49 AM
12/12

DE SQ/Dl
Box squat: 132lbs 10x2 . 170.5x1
Speed deads 187lbs 6x1 (10-15 rest)
Pull through's 44lbsx16 66lbsx12
4 sets Standing Calves raises

Abs
1 set weight lying leg raises
1 set cable crunches
2 sets Saxon side bends.

I was happy with the form on the 10 sets of box squats, much better than last week, seriously grasping these far better. When I reached the 170.5, I was preet whooped.

In the short period that I have been doing westside, I can feel my glutes,hams, hips, erectors have neen become much tighter and subseqeuntly stronger:)

I also got the Olympia 2001 vid through yesterday

ME Bench Thursday

Franco
12-14-2001, 06:56 AM
14/12

ME Bench
Floor press (worked up to a single)
Incline dumbells 2x60.5lbs 7,6
Elbows out extensions 16.5bs 3x10
Seated dumbell power clean 2x22lbs 6, 5
3 sets unsupported t-bar rows with the v-grip handle

Excellent workout. Took slightly longer (once again) than expected. Added an extra 5.5lbs to the max floor press, this attempt was tried last week but failed, though this week went up with relative ease.
Ever since I have been training lats twice weekly and not to failure, they have responded far better than just training them once weekly and to failure. After I max probably in about February, I will revert to a 3-day split and incorporate a chinning movement on one day and row on another, all of which will be at least 72 hours apart

ME SQ/Dl saturday. As my gym will be closed due to redecoration, I will be training at another gym in Cambridge for the first time.

Franco
12-15-2001, 09:20 AM
15/12

ME SQ/Dl
Sumo deads
2 sets Zercher squats
Pull throughs 2x66, 15, 13
Abs
1 set standing abs
High cable side bends.

Trained with Cloughface today at his gym. The gym is excellent. Though it took longer than estimated to get there.

The Sumo's were not exactly brill, but the form could have been far better imo. Next week I WILL improve on these

The resistance on the cables was far less than my gym

DE Bench Monday

Franco
12-17-2001, 04:59 AM
17/12

DE Bench
8x3 (60% of 1 rep max), 3 close grip, 3 medium, 2 wide. Then this was followed by a single at about 70-75% of 1 rep max
Dumbell presses: 2x11 - 44lbs
Face pulls 2x12 - 44lbs
3 sets v-bar pushdowns
4 sets chins - 2@bw, 2 weighted
1 set hammer curls

Well, the gym was nearly complete with it's re-decoration was nearly complete, they chose a lilac/ magnolia or whatever type white.

Anyway decided to use higher reps for the next couple of weeks. Also the single at the end of the bench sets was much faster then previous weeks, with better form also. Excellent.

DE SQ/Dl Wednesday

Franco
12-20-2001, 03:37 AM
19/12

DE SQ/DL
Box squats 143lbs 10x2, 170.5lbs x1
2 sets Good Am's 154lbsx5 , 140x8
Pull throughs 66x14, 88x7
Barbell shrugs 200lbs 2x10
Abs
Leg raises 2x15
Standing abs 1x10
High Cable side bends.

The box squats were going brilliantly with short rest periods, then this dude asked to come in to do his sets, I said fine. Hee spent god knows how long prancing and talking, this peeed me off no end. Finally got the sets the done, but took far longetr than expected, the 170.5lbs was ace, the week after next this single will go up slightly.

I was going to do some seated calves raises after the shrugs, but gave them a miss.

The resistance with the cables is far more at my gym than dannoe's one.

The second set of pull throughs were better than I expected also.

Also, whilst doing the box squats these dudes who all were dressed identically in their jeans (wtf) and string vests proceeded to go over to the bench. One guy was benching all of 120lbs and managed oooh about 3 crap reps and at the same time was making enough noise to register on the richter scale whilst blurting out every profanity under sun, with his partner egging him on. Then they went off and did about a squillion other sets on about everything else.

ME Bench Thursday

Franco
12-20-2001, 03:05 PM
20/12

ME Bench
Incline Press med. grip
JM Press 1x10 66lbs, 1x9 77lbs
Elbows out extensions 3x10 16.5lbs
Close-grip Seated rows 3x10 110lbs

The inclines failed at the bottom. The tri volume might be cut down in the following weeks, because lats need to be brought up to scratch to aid in the bench more.

ME SQ/Dl Saturday

Franco
12-22-2001, 07:00 AM
22/12

ME SQ/Dl
Sumo Deads: 352 failed, 346.5x1
Zercher squats 2x8, 140lbs
Pull throughs 2x7, 88lbs
Abs
2 sets standing abs
High cable side bends

Pretty good session and it just goes to show how half-assed last weeks attempt was. Also considering my bodyweight I was extremely happy with the Sumo.

I managed to get the 352 up to my knees, but no further, then the 346.5 was far easier then expected. I was going to attempt the 352 for a second time, but the workout was already taking far longer than expected.

Weight: 143

Chris Rodgers
12-22-2001, 01:16 PM
Good job on the sumos buddy! :thumbup:

Franco
12-24-2001, 11:14 AM
24/12

DE Bench
Speed Bench 8x3, followed by a single
Seated dumbell press 55lbs 2x8
Face pulls 66lbs 2x10
V-bar pressdowns 3sets 154lbs 9, 7,7
4 sets chins 2xbw, 2xweighted
1 set hammer curls.

The workout was over pretty quick

At the moment my lats are growing at phenomenal rate and because of this the speed on the bench has increased.

The seated dumbell presses have been in there since the start of the routine and will be changed next DE Bench either to flat dumbell press or Bradford press. V-bar pressdowns be replaced by skullz

I need to get a CD-RW, probably get one boxing day

Franco
12-27-2001, 09:17 AM
27/12

ME Bench
Incline press med. grip
Flat DB press 55lbs 1x8, 60.5lbs 1x6
Elbows out extensions 27.5lbs 8,8,6
Seated Rows (close-grip palms facing) 132lbs 6,6,5

Missed DE SQ/dl yesterday as gym was closed and hammies were far from recovered.

The workout went well. Last week between my last 2 sets, there was an 11lb jump and the last set failed at the bottom. This week I went up in 5.5lbs in the final sets and managed a triple on the weight that I did not attempt last week. Proceeded on the weight I failed at the bottom and got this upto the midpoint, so lats have become strogner.

I was originally going to do JM's instead of flat db's, but both benches were being used and could not be arse to wait.

Next week if I finally get the boards will do a 2-board press, not sure what time workout will be next thursday as the car has to go for its M.O.T.

ME SQ/dl Saturday

Franco
12-29-2001, 07:31 AM
29/12

ME SQ/dl
Good Morning Squats: 264lbsx1, 269.5 failed
Pull throughs 99lbs, 2x7
4 sets of abs
2 sets of Obliques.

Not a bad workout. 264 was a 22lb jump from the normal conventional squat. By the time I max in February, I'm hoping that 275+ will be a distinct possibility.

I originally intended to do 2 sets of sldl's also, but I was limited with time, so they were skipped this week.

DE Bench monday will be at home monday, so will be pretty limited to what I will do

Weight 145.5

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-29-2001, 10:06 AM
Io il lick i testicoli del cane.