PDA

View Full Version : mind games

jdelaware
06-13-2001, 10:15 AM
any of you super dieters in here ever reached the point where you start playing mind games with yourself to prevent your self from cheating? i noticed myself doing it. it seems to help.

MWB
06-13-2001, 03:20 PM
Yah. Nightime is the toughest for me. I usually wake up 3 times a night just to go to the bathroom and of course while dieting, I'm hungry too. My brain keeps telling me "a little ice cream won't hurt, come on".

What I did was wrote out a sheet stating that I will stick too my planned ratios for the day and signed it. I posted it up on my fridge and haven't cheated at all. Silly I know, but it's working!

YatesNightBlade
06-14-2001, 01:57 AM
weekends where the hardest times for me. Especially when my friggin neighbour was having damn BBQ's every weekend. Sat and Sun. I just used to think of my next cheat day.

Budiak
06-14-2001, 04:16 AM
Well, all I do when pizza stares at me is I say
"Taste is fleeting but health is not"

How long do you actually taste that pizza? Its not worth it. Its hard to get past it but it all boils down to this:
Will you be better off eating that pizza for 25 seconds of joy or the next ten years in good health?

I know that one piece of pizza wont kill you, but a piece of pizza a day will definitely stymie your progress.

jdelaware
06-14-2001, 07:11 AM
at least you guys get a cheat day. i only get a cheat meal:mad: i find that the better i look the harder it is to stay clean. i start thinking that "oh its okay to cheat, it won't hurt you deserve it".

YatesNightBlade
06-14-2001, 08:13 AM
cheat day for me = one meal + a sweet.

El Kelio
06-21-2001, 06:07 PM
Mind games ? No, but i put a photo of Dennis James in the back of my bedroom door, and everytime i want to cheat i go and see it and makes me remember the hard training and cardio sessions.

Keep pumping !

Spiderman
06-21-2001, 07:16 PM
Yates thats a pretty impressive cheat day bro. :p

YatesNightBlade
06-22-2001, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by spideyongear
Yates thats a pretty impressive cheat day bro. :p

Spidy ... believe me ...... it's pure heaven when it comes. If Pamala Anderson and a pizza was on my bed when Im in deit mode. ..... the pizza would get a damn good noshing. damn Im starting to sound like Yaz. :)