PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs some tips...

Bornslip
09-24-2002, 08:35 AM
I just joined my local gym, and the only real problem I have is working out a good diet.
I've been reading around but I can't seem to get all the info to stick...
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with telling me what kinda food I should eat, and when I should eat it...

I'm planning to eat 5 or 6 meals a day.
So, What should be in my Breakfast, and my post workout meal?
Feel free to give me tips on other meals too, any input is appreciated! :D

NateDogg
09-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Well, here is my usual breakfast and postworkout "meals."

Breakfast: oatmeal made with 1% milk, mixed with vanilla whey protein, and a little honey.

Postworkout: 75 grams of dextrose and malodextrin from "smarties" (do a search, they have been talked about before). 40-50 grams of whey protein mixed with water.

That is all the whey I have for the day. The rest of my meals are always some combination of: rice, whole wheat pasta, potato, sweet potato, steak, 1% milk, chicken, lean beef, ground turkey...etc...

Yanick
09-24-2002, 10:27 AM
My breakfast:
6oz can of tuna
2 tbsn olive oil
1.5 tbsn mayo

Post w/o:
30g of whey protein
2 tbsn flax
3 tbsn heavy cream
--------------------------

I'm on a CKD so this might not fit you. Something more desirable would be to replace some of the fat with carbs, like sweet potatoes, berries, brown rice, oatmeal etc.

BennettBoy
09-24-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by NateDogg

Postworkout: 75 grams of dextrose and malodextrin from "smarties" (do a search, they have been talked about before). 40-50 grams of whey protein mixed with water.

NateDogg, how many packs of those smarties do you eat to get 75 grams? I looked at the label from a bag from Walmart and really couldn't tell. I thought someone said 2 was all you need but the info I read would have been a whole lot more than 2 of those small packs.

NateDogg
09-24-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy

NateDogg, how many packs of those smarties do you eat to get 75 grams? I looked at the label from a bag from Walmart and really couldn't tell. I thought someone said 2 was all you need but the info I read would have been a whole lot more than 2 of those small packs.

Well, I think there are two types of individual packages. I bought a 5lb bag at a wholesale place. The nutrition facts on that bag say 25 grams per individual pack, so three for 75 grams. However, I have heard others mention that there are smaller packs where you would need more than three. The individual packs I have are roughly 2.5-2.75 inches long and I guess a little less than a half inch in diameter if that helps.