PDA

View Full Version : Why the heck am I gaining weight?

Moose
09-24-2002, 01:39 PM
Today I weighed myself at 283 lbs......a couple weeks ago I was at 273. I've been on WBB1 for 3 weeks now and am training hard.

I've got my calorie count at around 2500 - 3000 a day......not much fat (15%?).....not much carbs(35%)......about 50% protien.
I must have been consuming 4000+ calories when I was eating all that garbage food....and my weight always stayed around 275.

I'm using Creatine and Whey to supplement my protien intake.

The product I use the most is fat free skim milk.

So why is my weight up 10lbs in 2 weeks? Is it the creatine which is making me retain water? Do I have to cut my calories even more? Are my p/c/f ratio's wrong? Is this just what happens in the beginning?

Holylite
09-24-2002, 01:44 PM
It's possible it is the creatine. That would be my guess, i'm no nutrition expert though.

ElPietro
09-24-2002, 01:48 PM
Don't cut cals because of creatine. It would only be water weight. Scales can be very deceiving things. You can significantly reduce bodyfat, whilst keeping or even gaining weight. Muscle is denser than fat, so if you are building muscle while shedding bodyfat weight could easily stay the same or go up. Creatine also would most likely cause you to retain more water...just go by measurements and how you look in the mirror. Scales aren't that great of a progress meter when shedding bodyfat.

bradley
09-24-2002, 01:53 PM
I agree with what El Pietro said. Let the mirror be the judge, or you might want to consider getting your bodyfat checked every couple of weeks. You can probably attribute the weight gain to water weight caused by the creatine.