PDA

View Full Version : Hot beverages...

nismodreams
09-25-2002, 11:18 AM
Winters just around the corner, specially for us living on the north pole. Any ideas on some healthy hot beverages to get rid of the shivers...(on a weight gain program)

1- coffee: I hear it burns fat and would hinder muscle gain

2- tea: natural, and harmless if you dont like the taste of herbal tea??

3- hot chocolate: I'd assume too much sugar?

4- boiled milk: I'd assume some nutritional values are lost if milk is boiled...??

comments, ideas pleeze...

Yanick
09-25-2002, 11:26 AM
there is some beverly powder that you can mix with milk and heat it up, and voila you have hot chocolate.

Other than that, i drink green tea and the occasional cup of coffee.

hemants
09-25-2002, 11:43 AM
How does coffee inhibit muscle gain? Wives tale?

I know coffee is a diuretic but does it dehydrate you by more than the amount of water it contains?

AdamGberg
09-25-2002, 11:45 AM
if u are gaining weight then hit the hot coco

Yanick
09-25-2002, 11:55 AM
coffee is not a diuretic, caffiene is a diuretic. so is green tea (contains caffiene) and regular tea.

Savannah
09-25-2002, 11:55 AM
You know what? you can even make a substitute hot chocolate by using a chocolate flavoured protein powder.
I used to do this by mixing a little bit of powder with either skim milk or water to make a paste and then adding some hot water.
It really depends though on the brand of protein powder you use else it could taste not so nice.

Franjipani
09-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Savannah
You know what? you can even make a substitute hot chocolate by using a chocolate flavoured protein powder.
I used to do this by mixing a little bit of powder with either skim milk or water to make a paste and then adding some hot water.
It really depends though on the brand of protein powder you use else it could taste not so nice.

Thanks for the tip Sav - Great idea :idea:

AdamGberg
09-25-2002, 07:18 PM
that is a good idea sav! too bad i live in the scorching heat of FL

nismodreams
09-27-2002, 05:29 PM
What brands of prot powder are good sav?? I really cant afford the trial and error way...

Nivs
09-27-2002, 09:18 PM
hot jello water

Saint Patrick
10-03-2002, 09:53 PM
2 Hot beverages each day will gradually shrink the size of your stomach (at least that's what I've heard).