PDA

View Full Version : Tired of eating

Budiak
06-14-2001, 12:03 AM
Its a damn chore now. I make too many MRPs or reach for some pre-made chemical soup or sandwich because I'm tired of preparing food.

Could someone give me a recipe or a few recipes that I can make for something that is mildly tasty, and is preparable in bulk(like in a crockpot,etc)?

I've been thinking about getting a pressure cooker or slow cooker and just cooking a few pounds of chicken and some potatoes, and then steam some rice, putting it all into tupperware for the next four days. Since I dont like eating anymore, why should I care about how it tastes? Its all the same now.

I was thinking about something, basically some potatoes or rice, chicken, and corn or broccoli, measured out and proportioned in respect to my current goals (bulk, cut). I believe that the sumo wrestlers in Japan do something similar, and it has been done for centuries, and it is called "Chanko."

Frankster
06-14-2001, 06:20 AM
CROCKPOT.. make stews in them.. yummmy

Tryska
06-14-2001, 06:43 AM
Hee hee.....good question......that's how i eat on a fairly regular basis.....I make a big pot o' stuff, or pots o stuff on sundays, put them in tupperware, well gladware really since tupperware is expensive, and i barely have a set of dishes, and take it to work for lunch....

let's see.....i try to manage a higher protein, complex carb type meal plan...and i vary the proteins so i don't get bored......

i also, make it for five days, but usually wind up going out to lunch with cowroekrs once a week....so in my freezer i now have a variety of meals to choose from....here are what I've done for the past few weeks:

Whole wheat spaghetti with meat sauce with some riccota (skim) mixed in, w/ roast eggplant on the side

Brown Rice, and a ground beef and green pea skillet....i usually top with non fat yogurt, and broccoli on the side....

a whole wheat pasta salad with white beans, black olives, chunks of cheese and tuna, and roasted zucchini and fresh tomato....(kinda got soggy though, cuz you can't freeze)

roast chicken, and a bulgur/whole wheat pilaf (roast the the thing whole, then quarter it)

grilled cod, wild rice and spinach

umm....whole wheat pasta and a whitebean sauce with spinach mixed in

and this past week, i made a pot roast with a ton of roasted vegetables of all kinds.....it's kind of dry though because it's a really lean cut....but it's still yummy.

lots of stuff you can do, and it's pretty simple too.....and ltakes the thought out of having to figure it out each day....

i save my food thinking for before the saturday grocery shopping.

oh.....ground beef or turkey chili w/beans and brown & white rice.....

Alex.V
06-14-2001, 08:23 AM
It's nice having more ladies on board.... lol

Try throwing a whole chicken in a clay pot to roast for a few hours. Sprinkle some pepper and adobo seasoning on top, fill up the rest of the pot with potatos, carrots, broccoli, etc. Makes quite a few good meals.

Tryska
06-14-2001, 08:29 AM
*lol* dude you forgot the hotsauce....

well actually, adobo, thyme and onions was the last combo i used....and no clay pot - (wish I had one). But that does make a yummy meal. (meals?)

Budiak
06-14-2001, 03:47 PM
Sounds good. Lot of good recipes there tryska.

Taras
06-14-2001, 07:57 PM
If you like beef stew, here's an easy recipe:

3 lbs cubed beef
2 cans golden mushroom soup
1 package onion soup mix
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup sherry
(optional) 1 can mushrooms, undrained
Cook covered 325 degree oven, 3 hrs. (You could probably do this in a crockpot, but I don't know the time and temperature conversion factors.)
This is good with noodles or rice.

Anthony
06-14-2001, 08:10 PM
Did someone say crockpot?!!

I miss mine, I used it every day for 2 months ... my favorite recipe was as follows:

Put a 1-2lbs roast beef in the bottom of the pot. Place diced onions over top. Flavor with salt and pepper, or other preferred spice. Pour 3lbs cubed potatoes over top of roast. More salt and pepper. Fill pot so that there is about 1-2" of water above potatoes. Cook on low for 8 hours. The fat from the roast will rise to the top, scoop off, then briefly rinse potatoes and roast. I then add 28oz of stewed tomatoes. Makes 4 meals.

Yum yum!!

Budiak
06-15-2001, 03:24 AM
mmmm that sounds good, although too much potato matter for my cut.

That beef stew one sounds like it'd go well with rice.