PDA

View Full Version : When to take Nlarge?

Saint Patrick
09-25-2002, 09:49 PM
I've hit a plateau w/ weight gain, and so I'm going to start taking Nlarge II once a day to increase my calorie intake. Here's my current vitals:

Height 5'8"
Weight: 174 lbs 15% BF

I want to pack on another 10-15 Lbs before I start cutting. My question is what time of day should I take the Nlarge? First thing in the morning? (I sit at a desk all day at work so I wouldn't be burning it off very quickly) A couple hours before workout? I'm hesitant to take it post workout because I've been taking 40g Whey Protein w/ creatine & dextrose right after my workout and that seems to be working........Thanks for the advice.

duque21
09-25-2002, 11:03 PM
I would take it only after a work out, immediatly after, like right when you get home. That is the most crucial time to get your post work out calories. Your body goes into a state of brief anabolism, they call it the anabolic window. It usually occure about 30-45 minutes after you work out. I suggest taking some thing like
N-large with creatine.

Manveet
09-25-2002, 11:09 PM
after you workout. 4 scoops.

Saint Patrick
09-25-2002, 11:51 PM
ok so what do I do w/ my 5lb jug of whey protein that I've been using for post workout? Save it for a rainy day?

And what about off days?

duque21
09-26-2002, 02:52 AM
Well the whey......now that is what I would take when you get up, and that is what I would take on my off days.

It is still a good idea to take you whey on your days when you take N-Large.....whey is hig in BCCA's and good for other stuff too. I would make sure to add that into your diet every day even if its only 1 serving. I try to get at least 80g of protein from whjey every day that I am on a bulking diet.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-26-2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
I've hit a plateau w/ weight gain, and so I'm going to start taking Nlarge II once a day to increase my calorie intake. Here's my current vitals:

Height 5'8"
Weight: 174 lbs 15% BF

I want to pack on another 10-15 Lbs before I start cutting. My question is what time of day should I take the Nlarge? First thing in the morning? (I sit at a desk all day at work so I wouldn't be burning it off very quickly) A couple hours before workout? I'm hesitant to take it post workout because I've been taking 40g Whey Protein w/ creatine & dextrose right after my workout and that seems to be working........Thanks for the advice.

Have you tried eating more food?

There ain't nuttin' special about Nlarge that will help you break a weight plateau that real food won't - unless you're having trouble packing down more food.

I hope you're eating between 2600 and 3100 calories a day.

You may find the price of plain ol' food like more oats, tuna, oils, nuts, eggs etc... more convienient than the price of Nlarge.

But like i say, if eating more is an issue then go for the weight gainer route.

Saint Patrick
09-26-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Have you tried eating more food?

There ain't nuttin' special about Nlarge that will help you break a weight plateau that real food won't - unless you're having trouble packing down more food.

I hope you're eating between 2600 and 3100 calories a day.

You may find the price of plain ol' food like more oats, tuna, oils, nuts, eggs etc... more convienient than the price of Nlarge.

But like i say, if eating more is an issue then go for the weight gainer route.

you bring up a very good point, CD. I am actually having trouble getting enough calories. I'm stuffing my face all the time and haven't gained any weight in like 3 months.

So I should only take the Nlarge on training days??? wouldn't that put my daily caloric intake out of wack?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Well, it's an effective post workout drink due to it's protein and high sugar content, but you need the calories every day.

Stick with your usual whey post workout, but get some dextrose to take with it as well (say about 50g along with the whey), and add a shake of the Nlarge in as an extra meal. That way you'll get the extra calories everyday.

If this is not cost effective, however, go for cheap calories: oil. Seriously.

Just put a spoonful here and there. In your oats, out your chicken, in your tuna etc...

If i were you though, i'd work out all the calories i was consuming. that way, you can effectively control your weight gain easier, and reduce the chances of you putting on a lot of fat in a short time.