PDA

View Full Version : i need some answers plz

^GOLIATH^
09-27-2002, 02:04 AM
well i had a friend who had like a small belly and he was big and he wanted to have this awsome 6packs! well he went thru a crazy diet where he ate only once a day! and it was like all coming from junk foods(mcdonald,burger king,,,,,,,,). a month later i swear he had a super ripped mid-section, he lost a bit of muscles but he is very ripped now:confused:
he doesnt take any e/c/a or even supplements.
what do u think happened??
10x

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-27-2002, 03:42 AM
He ate less calories than he burned.

How old was/is he?

If he was still a teen, early twenties, then chances are high naturally high testosterone levels helped him retain muscle.

I also imagine his metabolism is high and his leptin sensitivity is also high, so he can be leaner and his body won't mind as much.

And just because he is ripped doesn't mean it was a healthy method of getting there, and doesn't mean he's "healthy" right now because of it.

^GOLIATH^
09-27-2002, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
[B]He ate less calories than he burned.

How old was/is he?

If he was still a teen, early twenties, then chances are high naturally high testosterone levels helped him retain muscle.

well mate he is 19 just like me.
i know it doesnt sound healthy or he is healthy right now ! but i just wanted to know how the hell did he get ripped:p
no cardio nthing! just eating and bbuilding!

TylerDurden
09-29-2002, 10:33 AM
You can't spot reduce. Its called genetics.

Shao-LiN
09-29-2002, 10:41 AM
Well, if you eat only once a day, you're probably gonna lose fat. All he did was lose the fat over his abs. I wouldn't suggest starving yourself though.

body
09-29-2002, 12:52 PM
in the long run its a bad approach as you loose your LBM so when you want to eat normally especially as he gets in his 30's and above he will start to get fat easily.

kartwheel
09-29-2002, 06:54 PM
this sounds like the atkins diet to me. check out these two sites and be the judge for yourself. if it were me, i sure as hell wouldn't do the atkins diet. one site promotes the diet; the other does not.

http://atkinscenter.com/
http://www.atkinsdietalert.org/

^GOLIATH^
09-30-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
Well, if you eat only once a day, you're probably gonna lose fat. All he did was lose the fat over his abs. I wouldn't suggest starving yourself though.

his abs are awsome man i swear!!!
he did loose a bit of lbm but he is now bulking and doing great!
i am gona try this diet for 2 weeks and i will c the results!

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-30-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by kartwheel
this sounds like the atkins diet to me. check out these two sites and be the judge for yourself. if it were me, i sure as hell wouldn't do the atkins diet. one site promotes the diet; the other does not.

McDonald's and Burger king = atkins?

Are you serious?!

Besides the sugar content of each (buns, milshakes, ice cream etc...) there is no where near enough fat in ONE McDonald's or ONE BK to get into ketosis.

It sounds more like a starvation diet to me. And Goliath i think you're fuckin' stupid to be trying it.

iLUDEd
10-01-2002, 10:25 AM
doesnt a large big mac meal equal to something like 1800 calories?

Stray
10-01-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
It sounds more like a starvation diet to me. And Goliath i think you're fuckin' stupid to be trying it.

:withstupi

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by iLUDEd
doesnt a large big mac meal equal to something like 1800 calories?

Let's find out:

Big Mac.............570kcals
Fries Large.......540kcals

Dunno if this is part of the meal, but:

Vanilla Shake - small 360 (if we say a large is twice the size then: )..............720kcals.

Total:..............1830kcals.

Bloody good guess mate.

However, that is assuming he had a large Big Mac meal each day. All we were told was "junk foods(mcdonald,burger king,,,,,,,,).

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-01-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ^GOLIATH^

his abs are awsome man i swear!!!
he did loose a bit of lbm but he is now bulking and doing great!
i am gona try this diet for 2 weeks and i will c the results!

By the way, i'll be guessing that unless your will power is unreal, you'll not stick to this diet for very long.

Not only will you notice a decrease in gym performance (well, i'll wager you will) but the hunger pangs you're gonna have to live with and the cravings will be extremely unpleasant.

Good luck with it though, you prat.

Jilla82
10-01-2002, 04:41 PM
dam I miss mcdonalds and burger king

Puttn
10-01-2002, 05:04 PM
you shouldnt miss them i found out taht the grilled chicken delux at mcdonalds with just lettuce and tomatoe is around 350 calories 36 carbs 6 fat 1.5 saturated 3 fiber 26 protein also they have grilled chicken salad with less fat hardly any carbs and same protein... check out fast food resteraunts sites look at nutrition info there grilled chicken sandwhiches are actually good bulking sandwhiches of course dont get a soda or fries and ur fine