PDA

View Full Version : I need protein, and lots of it....

I Am Jacked
09-29-2002, 06:23 PM
What are some key protien packed foods besides tuna, egg whites, etc that i can eat on a daily basis so i get alotta protein intake, im 200lbs i want at least that many grams of protein, and i dont wanna eat 15 cans o tuna a day, i want variation in my diet. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

skinny_dude
09-29-2002, 06:25 PM
chicken, turkey, nuts and protein shakes.

I Am Jacked
09-29-2002, 07:20 PM
Whats the absolute best protein shake there is, in regards to protein per serving, taste, etc.

duque21
09-29-2002, 07:58 PM
These are my favorite whoel foods that are my main sources of protein

1- Whole Milk(2% if your on restricted calories)

2-Yogurt

3-Beef Jerky

4-Ckicken Breast

5-Corned Beef

6-Whole Wheat Bread(4g per slc.)

7- Fish(salmon is great steamed/ also low fat)

8-Steak

9-Cheese

10-Ground Turkey

In my case there was a great advantage to getting all of my calores from whole foods.....it made my strength go through the F*CKING ROOF.

Jilla82
09-29-2002, 08:00 PM
you probably dont need 200grams of protein because I doubt all of that weight is fat. But anyway Duque had some good food on his list.

i eat alot of bread and that 5g of protein per slice adds up. eat stuff you like so it take alot of effort to eat the stuff you need.

Bobo
09-29-2002, 08:28 PM
I eat tuna and cottage cheese sandwiches to up my protein. Got the idea from some people on this site. :thumbup:

1 can of tuna + 1 serving of cottage cheese + 2 slices of wheat bread + black pepper to dull the taste = about 50grams of protein, 19g carb, and 5g fat. Put the tuna between 2 layers of cottage cheese.

Eat 2 or 3 of these along with the other things in your diet and protein should not be a problem. Plus they are cheap to make.

duque21
09-30-2002, 12:23 AM
I am not sure if I would ever mix my Tuna with a dairy product.......sounds like I would be bowing down to the PORCELAIN GOD.

Bobo
09-30-2002, 05:53 AM
:bow:

Its really not bad at all. I don't evn taste it anymore. Whenever I eat it I just think of how good it is for me and what it is gonna do for my body. Every bite is one step closer to being hyuge:D

jc_az
09-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by I Am Jacked
im 200lbs i want at least that many grams of protein, and i dont wanna eat 15 cans o tuna a day, i want variation in my diet.

I know you stated you WANT 200 g of protein a day, but why ? If you weigh 200, subtract your approximate amount of b/f and use this as your guideline. (1/g p/lb. of LEAN weight)

May not be such a challenge to consume this amount.

In answer to your question: beef, poultry, dairy, seafood, etc.

Just ensure you get enough ingested immediately after your workout and the day after and you'll be fine.

Don't believe all the HIGH protein hype.

BennettBoy
09-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Jilla82

i eat alot of bread and that 5g of protein per slice adds up.

Be careful here. Lots of bread also adds up to a larger midsection LOL. For some reason I don't think about WW bread as one of my sources of protein, but rather as a source of carb.

ericg
09-30-2002, 01:35 PM
:withstupi

Shao-LiN
09-30-2002, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't count bread as a major source of protein. The protein is good to have, of course, but you want to look at bread as a carb source.

bradley
09-30-2002, 01:49 PM
If you eat six meals a day thats only about 34 grams of protien per meal. I find that chicken breasts are the easiest to prepare and I also don't get tired of them as I do with tuna.

If you live in the states you can go to Sam's Wholesale Club and pick up some frozen skinless/boneless chicken breasts in 10lb bags, and they also have frozen salmon, orange roughy, mahi-mahi, cod, and a some other types of fish that I can't remember. Everything mentioned above cooks in no more than 30 minutes.

cyclone
09-30-2002, 01:49 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread, however, I would like to state that cottage cheese is one of the nastiest things I have ever tasted. Don't know how people eat that stuff.

Stray
09-30-2002, 01:53 PM
I usually mix scrambled egg whites in with my tuna.

Delish.

Bobo
09-30-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
I have nothing to add to this thread, however, I would like to state that cottage cheese is one of the nastiest things I have ever tasted. Don't know how people eat that stuff.

yea when I first decided to eat cottage cheese i thought I was gonna puke. But After eating a couple servings it tastes like regular cheese to me. And if you can stomach tuna out of the can then you can definatly stomach cottage cheese.

sometimes i also mix my cottage cheese with the tuna in the can. :D 45grams of protein...:drooling:

AdamGberg
09-30-2002, 07:26 PM
ahh...tuna and cottege cheese...i really wish i could learn to like it, but as of yet only a gag affect

Bobo
09-30-2002, 07:34 PM
who said anything about liking it?:p

No pain, no gain

AdamGberg
09-30-2002, 07:42 PM
haha, thanx bobo

Jilla82
09-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
I have nothing to add to this thread, however, I would like to state that cottage cheese is one of the nastiest things I have ever tasted. Don't know how people eat that stuff. im with you on this, I cant stand that stuff.

About the bread, how much bread should I limit myself to a day then??

duque21
09-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Jilla.... its up to how many carbs you want in your diet.

Shao-LiN
09-30-2002, 11:21 PM
I dunno...I started eating cottage cheese and it just tasted like cheese to me. It has a weird smell to it though. Plug your nose up and see if that clears out the funky taste.

I had some wine that tasted like crap once, so I just pinched my nose and the taste almost went away.

Gatorvrx
10-01-2002, 06:01 PM
I just recently tried the cottage cheese mixed with some pineapples, just couldn't get past the first mouthful. Gotta stick with protein shakes.

Puttn
10-01-2002, 06:16 PM
i have to add that cottage cheese and tuna tastes damn good specially with pepper

Saint Patrick
10-01-2002, 07:25 PM
speaking of food ya can't stand, how about flax oil? That crap is nasty with a capital N.