PDA

View Full Version : Need help from some who knows women

TylerDurden
09-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Ok, I made a big huge mistake. My girlfriend and I were talking and I slipped and said you should come and work out with me. When I woke up in the hospital I realized that , to a girl, means you’re an ugly fat ass.

Anyway, she decided that she needs to work out. She asked me for a diet and a workout program. All I know are programs for men. How many cals should she eat a day? Is the six small meals still a rule for women or just men? She’s 145lbs 6ft tall and shes has a skinny build but has cellulite around thighs and needs to work on the mid section a bit. Of course I would never tell her this because that’s would mean the end of my life. She is super self conscious but has enough ambition to work out. I’m just wondering what kind of a program I should put her on, something like 3 sets 15 – 10 reps.? I really have no clue for girls. Anyway any help would be appreciated

Puttn
09-30-2002, 08:50 AM
girls arent going to get big by lifting.. however i think they should keep reps from 8-12 and yes eat 6 small meals this helps metabolism she should just keep each meal smaller than urs

Relentless
09-30-2002, 09:03 AM
145 at 6ft is pretty damned lean, I think. Is she eating enough?

BennettBoy
09-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by TylerDurden
Ok, I made a big huge mistake. My girlfriend and I were talking and I slipped and said you should come and work out with me. When I woke up in the hospital I realized that , to a girl, means you’re an ugly fat ass.

LOL, why is it folks can't be honest with ladies.....EVEN when they ask for your opinion? I recently had a girl that works out at my gym asking me stuff and telling me she wanted to get her shoulders larger because of her waistline. Her thought was it wouldn't make her waist look as large. I simply told her IMO she should work on the waist and not broaden her shoulders. She told me WRONG ANSWER. I should have said you look great the way you are. Oh well, I screwed that one up. She must think I'm an egotistical jerk.

Women.

TylerDurden
09-30-2002, 09:23 AM
"I simply told her IMO she should work on the waist and not broaden her shoulders. She told me WRONG ANSWER"

LMAo, Thats just the way they are. they don't really want advice just compliments.

Any way she's lean for her size, but has a tiny gut and starting to get some cankles. She could use to lose a few pounds. Not that she doesn't look good now, but she'd look really good with some tone. She doesn't want to get BIG, just defined. so 8-12 reps? or should i just tell her to run?

ps. i have to gp to class i'll be back in a couple of hours or so.

Tryska
09-30-2002, 09:33 AM
cankles?

anyways....i don't think she needs to diet necessarily. i think if she eats to maintain, and practices a decent trainign routine (just liek yours...well depending on what yours is of course) she should be able to tighten up those areas she's lagging in. And the added muscle will help burn off any lumpiness.

Sheik
09-30-2002, 11:02 AM
"cankles" is a reference to Seinfeld!

I think it they were refering to when you can't tell the diff between your calves and ankles!

....ROTFLMFAO

:D

TylerDurden
09-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Sheik is correct.
Tyriska, no diet? just aerobics? You think basic techniques like squats, bench press, deadlifts, and curls will work?

Tryska
09-30-2002, 11:48 AM
well clean up her diet, obviously and make sure she is eating enough to maintain her weight and metabolism. screw the aerobics too. just have her strength train.

and yes, basic compund movements that will strengthen her body.

Ti1301
09-30-2002, 11:49 AM
dude, you should have just left her alone. Having a lean girl is much better than having a fat girl you shouldn't complain. =P
Anyhow, yeah big mistake telling her that she needs to work out. The only response that ever illicits from a girl is F***K U.
Does this fat make me look fat?
LOL

Paul Stagg
09-30-2002, 12:03 PM
www.stumptuous.com

Have her read everything there in the 'Iron' section.

Yanick
09-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Girls are no different than guys when working out. True, they do have less muscle mass (genetically) but all that means is that her cals will be lower than a man's. A clean diet plus a good routine will help her out nicely.

TylerDurden
09-30-2002, 12:39 PM
"Does this fat mak me look fat?"

LMAO

Strength train? I want a skinny girl with tone not a nicole bass! Are you sure?

TylerDurden
09-30-2002, 12:41 PM
What kind of "good routine." high reps- 3-5 sets or what?

Tryska
09-30-2002, 12:46 PM
jesus man...have you not read any of the threads here?

she can train just like a man.......compound movements, 2-3 sets per, 6-10 reps. basic strength training.

she won't get bulky because bulk requires testosterone, and unless you are sticking a needle in her ass, she's not gonna ahve enough for "bulk" to occur.

Yanick
09-30-2002, 12:48 PM
6-12 reps, concentrate on the core compound exercises, squats, dl's, sldl's, power cleans, bench. Some isolation work like, shrugs, calf raises, 1-2 sets for bi's/tri's.

I'm partial toward full-body workouts for beginners, maybe 2x/week, 2-3 sets per workout, working with the exercises that i listed.

Or break it up into a push/pull routine.

Don't make it too complicated man, remember there is not such thing as 'toning' a muscle, all a muscle can really do is grow.

EDIT: I meant isolation, shrugs, calf raises are isolation exercises, i'm an idiot.

TylerDurden
09-30-2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks man, sounds like good advice. I'll give her a begginer workout, she'll like thre 2-3 times a week thing.

prof
10-02-2002, 04:31 AM
My missus did years of aerobics, and "girls" workouts from beauty magazines-made no difference at all. Started doing compound exercises and evrything started looking better, just got her into eating enough protein and a cleaner diet, so hopefully progress should speed up a bit now. Scales are the biggest problem, weight training may make her heavier, so throw them away and get a tape measure.

TylerDurden
10-02-2002, 03:30 PM
She's got this thing in her head that she feels she needs to lose 10 pounds to look good? LMAO i don't know where that figure comes from

Jilla82
10-02-2002, 03:54 PM
good thread. My lady always askin me bout this stuff, but I never know what to tell her.

off subject, but do alot of those female body builder do steriods?? like Chyna, I always said she did steroids but people would tell me to shut up.

bradley
10-02-2002, 04:13 PM
This is just speculation but I think it is safe to say that Chyna has done her fair share of AS. Although, lately it seems as if she has gotten smaller than her WWF days. I find it hard to believe that females would have the capability to get that big. I see women in the gym training heavy, performing compound movements and they are not overly muscled at all.