PDA

View Full Version : I Am Metal.

galileo
09-30-2002, 02:37 PM
The moment you've no doubt been waiting for...

Me singing.

galileo
09-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Me screaming.

See that girl with the curly hair in front. She tried to sleep with me.

galileo
09-30-2002, 02:39 PM
That was the show that we played with Coheed and Cambria. They are a totally great band (on Equal Vision records). Check out their CD it's in a store near you.

Edit: This was right after my first cut when I dropped to about 10%. I am about 152lbs in that picture.

Blood&Iron
09-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Personally, I think you need long hair to be metal...
unless you like that fag, preppie nu metal crap

But you look pretty cool. Kinda hard to see your face, though.

galileo
09-30-2002, 02:53 PM
The scanner I used sucked ass. Man, I just looked at the pictures and then looked at the ones I posted and the clarity is horrible. Oh well.

It was actually a grindcore band.

Tryska
09-30-2002, 03:13 PM
i didn't know you were a rockstar.

rookiebldr
09-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Great to see what you look like -- er Somewhat anyway. :thumbup:

W8_4_Me
09-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Those pix are COOL!

galileo
09-30-2002, 08:38 PM
*flex* It looks like the crowd was small, but the photographer was in the second row so you miss out on the action.

I'll get some better ones up when i can.

Yes, I am a rock star, plus an array of other things. ;)

rookiebldr
09-30-2002, 08:51 PM
btw, your not tubby. Can't comment on the bitch item. :evillaugh

Savannah
09-30-2002, 08:55 PM
Nice ! Cool pics, and you look good!
You're completely not what I was expecting.
:thumbup:

Spawn_X
09-30-2002, 09:44 PM
i hope you are not another kid out there hoping to make a career out of singing.

galileo
09-30-2002, 09:44 PM

You should see my ass. It's smokin'!

galileo
09-30-2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah, just another kid. rofl!

Got bachelor's degrees in math and computer science, have a career as a software engineer, and own my own business.

I think if my music career "falls through" I'll be ok. ;)

AdamGberg
09-30-2002, 10:34 PM
rock on man...what type of genre do you play?

galileo
10-01-2002, 06:08 AM
I am breaking away from the grindcore scene and pushing more in an indie direction. I'm into bands like Thursday, The Used, and 30 seconds to mars all the way to TOOL, Coldplay, and Radiohead. As soon as I get stuff together I'll probably post some mp3s for everyone.

--
I was waiting for some comments on how gaunt I was. Like ElPietro says, Marilyn Manson. :)

Rock
10-01-2002, 06:44 AM
wow, this I want to hear, hehe!

Tryska
10-01-2002, 07:58 AM
*lol* you are regular renaissance man galileo...why can't i find guys like you around here?

rockstar, computer geek, degree-holding entrepreneur all rolled in one.

i want one of those. :(

galileo
10-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Hey tryska, you're a hottie, I'm sure you'll find someone you adore. I am just an ambitious guy. I tend to find that a lot of people don't go after what they want. What's the point of life, then?

Thanks Cal, I'll check them out.

Tryska
10-01-2002, 08:17 AM
heh. your damn straight. alot of people live in little boxes. which is part of my problem i think. i see no boundaries where others do. isn't conducive to finding someone to connect with. and thanks for the compliment, btw. ;)

galileo
10-01-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by galileo
Hey tryska, you're a hottie

Originally posted by Tryska
heh. your damn straight[sic]

I likes my womens with conferdence!

Tryska
10-01-2002, 08:25 AM
*lol*

that wasn't what i meant, but i'll take it.

Mystic Eric
10-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Me screaming.

See that girl with the curly hair in front. She tried to sleep with me.

Liar! That's not a girl, it's Gyno Ryhno and his mullet!

galileo
10-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
Liar! That's not a girl, it's Gyno Ryhno and his mullet!
:eek:

Damn you, gyno! Damn yooooooooooooooooooooou!

GeneticallyGifted
10-01-2002, 05:13 PM
Galileo, I guess that isn't what I pictured, but I still didn't know what to expect. I think that you are right about seeking the things that you want and or passionate about. I am the same way no boundaries no limitations, sorta like my lifting.

Way to be you.

GG

galileo
10-01-2002, 08:36 PM
I wanna know what everyone pictured! I never really revealed much about appearance aside from man-boobies and being about 155-160lbs, so I figure it is up to your imagination.

duque21
10-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Think before you type.

Blood&Iron
10-01-2002, 10:40 PM
I wanna know what everyone pictured! I never really revealed much about appearance aside from man-boobies and being about 155-160lbs, so I figure it is up to your imagination.
Well, I was sorta envisioning a cross between the guy you're using as an avatar, Stephen Hawking, Meat Loaf in 'Fight Club', and Woody Allen.

Only dorkier.

Tryska
10-02-2002, 04:53 AM
:withstupi

galileo
10-02-2002, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by duque21
Think before you type.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

galileo
10-02-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Well, I was sorta envisioning a cross between the guy you're using as an avatar, Stephen Hawking, Meat Loaf in 'Fight Club', and Woody Allen.

Only dorkier.

Ouch! Sorry to disappoint.

kimpy225
10-05-2002, 10:11 AM
i pictured you to look exactly like that
shirt and everything :)

LabiosDeMierda
10-05-2002, 11:19 AM
not for anything since i havent heard your band... but thats a hella preppy crowd you have sleeping there. no offense im going solely on appearance... ohh and your never gonna make it big by playing for a bunch of kids who once they leave play nsync and pink tracks on the way home while they smoke cigarettes they stole from their parents...

- Labios -aka- not a depressed mid/upperclass white boi playing off as a dash board confessional back up band... pfffft... your so ""core""

galileo
10-06-2002, 03:40 PM
I love how people with their heads up their asses have to say "no offense" before they expose themselves to be morons.

First, we were opening for a mixed crowd. Shai Halud, Coheed and Cambria, and From Autumn to Ashes. Very different groups with very different crowds. We played the show because my girlfriend is friends with FATA. They ended up missing the show, but it was enjoyable anyhow.

Next, your opinion on "making it" and all that other crap you're spouting is inconsequential. A lot of people like a lot of different styles of music. Even if I was playing dashboard style ****, I don't care who is listening. If people enjoy music and come to see a band play, who cares what they do when they leave?

I play music because I like it. Do I have to dress in black and smash my head open to be "core?" Maybe in your little "I'm better than everyone because I live my music" world.

In fact, I guarantee I've been exposed to 10x as much of the music industry as you. I won't even bother myself to explain.

Wait...I'm sure you're very qualified to determine who is "going to make it" or not. You have to be, since you can put down other people's styles so very easily. I forgot that was a prerequisite for being a music expert.

Tryska
10-07-2002, 08:05 AM
hear, hear!

Maki Riddington
10-07-2002, 08:36 AM
What Tryska said.

rookiebldr
10-07-2002, 02:31 PM
:thumbup: @ Galileo

galileo
10-10-2002, 07:05 AM
Wow, galileo, you're hot!

Oh crap, did I forget to change usernames first? Damnit.

Tryska
10-10-2002, 07:14 AM
:withstupi

cyclone
10-10-2002, 07:33 AM
I don't know how "LabiosDeMierda" is going to be doing any comfortable sitting in the near future since he/she just got at least 90% of his/her a$$ chewed off. Damn.....now I'm hungry.

Titan
10-10-2002, 09:25 PM
http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/ohdramaimage.jpg

galileo
10-11-2002, 06:30 AM
http://www.paledecay.com/upload/images/c2.gif

Titan
10-11-2002, 08:17 AM
lol @ teh suck

galileo
10-11-2002, 08:56 AM
MSPAINT IS TEH UBER.

Franjipani
10-16-2002, 01:07 AM
I am breaking away from the grindcore scene and pushing more in an indie direction. I'm into bands like Thursday, The Used, and 30 seconds to mars all the way to TOOL, Coldplay, and Radiohead. As soon as I get stuff together I'll probably post some mp3s for everyone.

I love Indie - Great taste in music:thumbup:. Like others have indicated, you look nothing like I envisioned. Quite talented eh?? How long have you been singing?

Looking forward to hearing your stuff:)

galileo
10-17-2002, 06:17 AM
I've been singing since I was about 3 years old, but for about 5 years in a couple bands. The shower is a wonderful place for me. I consider myself mediocre, but since other people think otherwise I keep doing it. I used to get a lot of press, which was good for an ego boost now and then. ;)

I've written about 3 new songs, but I'm still searching for professional musicians to join me. Most lack the skill necessary and the rest lack dedication. I'll definitely be recording, even if I have to play all of the instruments, by the end of the coming year.

I can't believe I deviate that far from what people thought! I guess no one expected a HOT SEXY HUNK OF MAN-BEEF did they? They probably also didn't expect a pale and gaunt singer, which is what they got! Comin' at-cha, POW!

BennettBoy
10-17-2002, 07:37 AM
I still don't know what you look like cause the stage is too far away to see ya LOL.

galileo
10-17-2002, 08:09 AM
I'll get a new one up after my cut. ;)

Wait until you see the befores...ick!

LabiosDeMierda
10-17-2002, 07:49 PM
i didn't mean to offend you i was stating an opinion on appearance.

who your girlfriend is friends with is no excuse for anything, l and i honestly don't care.. no one plays unless they know someone its the business.

i don't listen to anything "core" but grew up in the scene from the crying lil boys cause mommy doesn't care to the hashed out teenie girls who dope up cause daddy touched them. i don't live my music, i live through my music and nothing i play or listen to is "core" we like to be original and not live in the shadow of all the p*ssy-yet-macho dress in black (or own a closet full of adidas jersey in different colors and mold their hair with ping gel) and wear makeup bands that ramp on mtv just because its cute.

you also may well be exposed to 10x more music industry than me but its quality not quantity that counts.

i probably WONT make it in the music industry not because we suck, but because we don't target a mainstream market.

keep sending your fake-ass-oppressed message to middle america and drunk fucks smoking mom & dads cigarettes. hell bands like korn, dashboard, limp, and everything else from eminem to good charlotte pump out 3 or 4 records on the same subject (rape, exgirlfriend, poverty etc) no subject matter and zero constructiveness or productiveness nothing is contributed just lambs...

ps: if ya wouldn't post a pic to try and get attention you wouldn't get flamed. you look cute on stage for jail bait..

ohh sorry for the late reply i don't live on this thing. also dont bother posting a response to be i wont be replying arguments are pointless online, plus i only come on here to check out Sav.

galileo
10-18-2002, 06:49 AM
i didn't mean to offend you i was stating an opinion on appearance.
I wasn't offended, I was just exposed to your ignorance. I feel pity for all those who happened to read your words.

who your girlfriend is friends with is no excuse for anything, l and i honestly don't care.. no one plays unless they know someone its the business.
We didn't get the show because of my girlfriend, asshole. We played it because they were there and she wanted to hang out with them since they only come to town once in a while.

i don't listen to anything "core" but grew up in the scene from the crying lil boys cause mommy doesn't care to the hashed out teenie girls who dope up cause daddy touched them.
Boo-hoo for them. My mom kicks ass.

i don't live my music, i live through my music and nothing i play or listen to is "core" we like to be original and not live in the shadow of all the p*ssy-yet-macho dress in black (or own a closet full of adidas jersey in different colors and mold their hair with ping gel) and wear makeup bands that ramp on mtv just because its cute.
So what makes you think I was anything like that? Was I wearing makeup or black? Did you actually hear the music? Do you actually know what grindcore is? Apparently no is the answer across the board. You seem like you're quite the jaded guy. Are you sick of getting no respect in music so you have to disrespect others to make yourself feel better? I'm the farthest thing from a Korn fan, but I'm not going to try to make myself feel "better" than them because they're on MTV. They have a gimmick and it works for them.

you also may well be exposed to 10x more music industry than me but its quality not quantity that counts.
So, you determine what quality is? Tell me, what quality is, please. I'd like to hear your definition. It seems to me you haven't posted much except you are in a band and it's "original." You know there is no such thing as original music right? When someone says they're "original," what they mean is "no one listens to my music."

i probably WONT make it in the music industry not because we suck, but because we don't target a mainstream market.
How could someone with your innate ability to be better than everyone else possibly not make it? I mean you apparently know a lot more about the music business than everyone else and you quite obviously know what's wrong with everyone else's music, why not apply this knowledge to get your "oh so important" and "original" message out?

keep sending your fake-ass-oppressed message to middle america and drunk fucks smoking mom & dads cigarettes. hell bands like korn, dashboard, limp, and everything else from eminem to good charlotte pump out 3 or 4 records on the same subject (rape, exgirlfriend, poverty etc) no subject matter and zero constructiveness or productiveness nothing is contributed just lambs...
Such anger, such hostility, such bullshit. You haven't read one word of lyrics nor heard one note of music from myself or the musicians I associate with. Yet you keep referring to us with these stereotypes. I've never been raped, nor have I raped. I have had the same relationship for four years and it's great. I'm certainly not poor. I like life. Do I have to sing about being upset? Why am I automatically classified in this genre without you knowing anything about me? Because you're a moron. We're back to square one.

So tell me, what are your songs about? Tell me the impressive subject matter that is so relevant in society and can be construed as "productive?" I'm dying to know, really.

It's all been said, it's all been done. My music is for me. If I wanna sing about how difficult it was to take a crap last week, I'll sing about it and be happy. If you can relate, cool, if you can't, take it elsewhere.

You're the sheep. You're the one who is different to be different. Every word you've typed has been feeble attacks on other people and their styles without justifying yourself or your style. The best part is, none of what you said can even be taken personal because it does not apply. I am none of the things you complain about. Funny thing is, even if I was, you're half-assed sentiments(which I use loosely, since I doubt there was any feeling behind your decisions) are enough to make me glad I'm not on your side.

ps: if ya wouldn't post a pic to try and get attention you wouldn't get flamed. you look cute on stage for jail bait..

Where did this come from? I was asked to post a picture so I did. I didn't say, "Here everybody, tell me how cute I am for jail bait."
I have a few friends on this site who have many things you lack. Rational thought and and intelligence are the first two that come to mind. I post for them, not you.

ohh sorry for the late reply i don't live on this thing. also dont bother posting a response to be i wont be replying arguments are pointless online, plus i only come on here to check out Sav.

It's too late, I've already responded.

You check out Sav's pictures, do you flame her? Is she posting for attention too?

PrinterPaper
10-19-2002, 04:26 AM
:bow: :bow:

kimpy225
10-19-2002, 01:01 PM
;)
whats UP man
keepin it REAL!

Budiak
10-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Labios seems to have a real problem with kids who smoke their parents cigarettes.

He's also a complete jerkoff who thinks he's better than people he doesnt know based on two little images.

Hmm..an enigma...

galileo
10-22-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
He's also a complete jerkoff who thinks he's better than people he doesnt know based on two little images.

Maybe he's a master of extrapolation.

Blood&Iron
10-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Labios seems to have a real problem with kids who smoke their parents cigarettes.

Hmm..an enigma...
Let's just say you won't have to deal with his stupidity any longer.

I AM A GOD!

TREMBLE BEFORE ME, MORTALS, LEST YE BE STRUCK DOWN!

BTW, you can leave votive offerings of protein powder and tuna on my doorstep if you wish to curry favor with me.

Alex.V
10-22-2002, 01:39 PM
Aww, did da big shtrong moderator ban shomebody? :)

Blood&Iron
10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Aww, did da big shtrong moderator ban shomebody? :)
Yes, some time ago.

But I took no pleasure in it...

I AM A GOD!

FALL TO YOUR KNEES IN TRIBUTE!

sorry, uhh, I got a bit carried away there

ectx
10-22-2002, 02:37 PM
lol @ B&I

*note to self....don't piss off the mods.*

So I guess sh*t lips is gone. What an appropriate name for someone who's mouth seemed to spill out a lot of crap.

galileo
10-22-2002, 04:22 PM
w0rd.

Budiak
10-24-2002, 03:05 AM
Were it my words that invoked the awesome power of a moderator??

I am honored and humbled...

If it wasnt me, dont say anything. Its good to be humble for a change.

galileo
11-01-2002, 07:34 AM
Galileo: Totally.

kimpy225
11-04-2002, 02:55 PM
metal metal metallll