PDA

View Full Version : Westside q's

kalashnikov83
10-01-2002, 11:25 AM
I have been putting in an extra day for biceps and forearms. Will this hurt my progress? What should I do for feeder workouts and when do I do them?
Thanks in advance

Saturday Fever
10-01-2002, 11:39 AM
Don't put in an extra day for those. Do the routine VERBATIM. If you need a specific routine to follow, go to www.elitefts.com and check out the articles there. Don't try to improvise the routine yourself.

kalashnikov83
10-01-2002, 12:19 PM
The thing is that i do not want to lose any size on my arms or forearms because I want to continue with bbing I am just doing westside for about 2 months and there isnt any real bicep work.

Saturday Fever
10-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Where does size come from? It comes from eating. Eat enough foord and you will maintain your weight and not lose mass. You're doing plenty of biceps work when you do your lats movements and your forearms will be fried from deadlifts. And stick with westside for at least 9 weeks. You have to trust. At the end of 9 weeks you'll be so much stronger you'll start to question what point there is to bodybuilding.

ArjKing
10-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Change the routine? What are you thinking?! Nobody ever got anywhere by questioning the status quo.

Saturday Fever
10-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Changing the routine with reasons (good ones) is one thing. Changing them "just because" is something else entirely and probably won't lead where you want. The only thing extra-fatigues biceps will get you is weakness on your lats exercises. And fried forearms will cost you on exercises where grip is important. Add this all together, and you'll find yourself gaining nothing. And that sort of defeats the purpose, no?

Paul Stagg
10-01-2002, 02:51 PM
Why are you using westside if you are worried about what you look like?

There is a reason there is little bicep work.

PowerManDL
10-01-2002, 02:59 PM
LOL @ a "verbatim" Westside routine

kalashnikov83
10-01-2002, 05:52 PM
I am a sucker for strength so I want to be strong but I also want to look huge. I am probably just a moron.
Thanks for the replies

ArjKing
10-01-2002, 08:19 PM
I know nothing about westside and very little about bodybuilding in general, but i'll offer my advice anyway. If your arms are responding to extra work, why not incorporate an extra arm day?

Saturday Fever
10-01-2002, 10:06 PM
LOL @ a "verbatim" Westside routine

Not sure what you're laughing at, as sample routines to follow verbatim can be found at www.elitefts.com. But hey, whatever makes you giggle. Life is about having a sense of humor.

PowerManDL
10-02-2002, 06:38 PM
I said that because an "orthodox" Westside routine is about as easy to find as a sober shopping mall Santa.

Westside is highly up to the interpretation of the person doing it, and beyond a few mandatory steps, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

So if he wants to add in an extra workout on occasion for the elbow flexors, I don't see any problem with it.

nejar462
10-03-2002, 03:32 PM
DAMN POWERMAN, this sucks, but i have to agree with u again, westside is my workout style of choice because i like the speed days, and all of the flexibility