PDA

View Full Version : Carbohydrate Free Flour

Maki Riddington
10-01-2002, 05:41 PM
Check this out.

http://www.liteflour.com

ArjKing
10-01-2002, 09:48 PM
I'm sure nothing can go wrong with this idea.

Manveet
10-01-2002, 10:51 PM
Wonder what it tastes like?

TreeTrunks
10-01-2002, 11:01 PM
aspartame makes coke taste sorta the same. Maybe the same effedt?

iLUDEd
10-02-2002, 10:52 AM
*crosses fingers hoping that something like this comes out in australia*

ElPietro
10-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Is this similar to the Dr. Atkins bake mix? Just wondering as this is already available on the market.

galileo
10-02-2002, 11:23 AM
There was a thread on this earlier. I can't imagine it being good for the system.

TreeTrunks
10-02-2002, 05:08 PM
"There was a thread on this earlier. I can't imagine it being good for the system"

Good point. I was talking with a guy thats majoring in some kind of science field at school, anyway he said that the aspartame in diet coke breaks down into some aweful compound in your body and cause your bodies metabolism to slow down.

ElPietro
10-03-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by TreeTrunks
[BI was talking with a guy thats majoring in some kind of science field at school, anyway he said that the aspartame in diet coke breaks down into some aweful compound in your body and cause your bodies metabolism to slow down. [/B]

Then I'm glad he's still in school, and hasn't graduated yet.

TreeTrunks
10-03-2002, 07:08 PM
"Then I'm glad he's still in school, and hasn't graduated yet"

Why do you say that? Everyone I talk to, Gyno Rhino for one, has said aspartame breaks down to some nasty stuff. Whats your take on it el pie? Since your a chemistry buff and all :rolleyes:

ElPietro
10-03-2002, 07:16 PM
We have had countless debates on this...and to this day I don't think anyone has been able to provide any actualy proof that aspartame is harmful. There are quite a few BS studies out there, and all these sheep line up chanting "down with aspartame" without having a clue that the studies are bogus like 99% of all other studies out there on said topic. I don't know if most of it is funded by the major sugar producers or whoever, but I still haven't seen anything at all to make me think there is harm being done.

Maki Riddington
10-03-2002, 07:37 PM
I think aspertame is god awful for you. At least in large amounts, meaning consuming a source of it at least once a day.

ElPietro
10-04-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I think aspertame is god awful for you. At least in large amounts, meaning consuming a source of it at least once a day.

Why do you think that?

body
10-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I think aspertame is god awful for you. At least in "large" amounts, meaning consuming a source of it at least once a day.

define "large" please?

especially in relation to what the average person consume.

TreeTrunks
10-04-2002, 12:36 PM
uh, i think he meant one diet coke a day.

Maki Riddington
10-04-2002, 06:16 PM
What Tree Trunks said. I've posted why I feel this way in another thread. Basically my dad suffered very very bad problems (going blind in one eye) while consuming at least one or two aspertame products per day. Once he figured it out the problem went away.

Pup
10-04-2002, 07:16 PM
I'm curious maki...does your father have an problems with other products that contain phenylalanine or just aspartame...and has he ever had health problems from consuming large amounts of l-tyrosine?

Maki Riddington
10-04-2002, 07:49 PM
Just aspertame to my knowledge.
Nothing else.
He had several eye operations etc, nothin cured it. He kept getting these attacks. Plus other stuff happened as well. Can't remember. He's a diabetic, that's why he consumed aspertame.
Anyways, he stumbled across a newsgroup one day and read a post on artificial sweeteners and the problems they've caused for thousands of people across north america. So he dedcided to cut all the stuff out and voila, he was cured. It's been more then 4 years now, I believe, and he's never suffered from those symptoms again to this date.

gettinjackT
10-05-2002, 12:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken, aspartame contains wood alcohol, which converts to formaldehyde when it exceeds 86 degrees F. Formaldehyde, which I'm sure most of you know, is a deadly poison which causes metabolic acidosis and a lot of other fun crap. Hey, but maybe all those studies are BS like EP said earlier. I don't know who to believe anymore, so I just stop caring. I have no problem with sugar anyway, so I have no need to substitute it.