PDA

View Full Version : 'Tight Like A Tiger!'

Pages : [1] 2

Silverback
10-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Ive finally decided to do a journal, after some pondering over what others have said. I thought i spend enough time on the forums so, i'll try and make a go of one.

Current Stats:
As of 3/10/02

Height: 6'1.5 (cant forget the .5:D)
Weight: 202lbs
Forearm:12.4"
Upper Arm: 14.2"
Waist:33"
Thigh:25.5"
Calve:15.5"

Enough of the measurements, my routine currently stands as a modified WBB1 with a few exercise changes:

Mon:Chest&Back
Tue:Rest
Wed:Legs:
Thurs:Rest
Fri:Shoulders,Biceps and triceps.
Sat&Sun:Rest

This has worked well for me considering that back in April i only weighed 120lbs soaking wet! so im pretty proud of my achivements so far, although my arms seem to be stubborn and could do with some help over time to improve them to no longer be my weak link.

Im currently at university studying Business Management &Sports Science and am in my second year things are going great, i also have qualifications in sports nutrition as well as the basic high school q's. So you can probably guess that i pay alot of attention to diet, consuming six meals per day between 3500-3700cals.(As Gunter always says Bodybuilding is 70%nutrition)

I'll try and update as often as possible (studies permitting), im not as entertaining as the likes of good ole Budiak but i can have my moments.

PN. please feel free at any time to give me advise on my training as im learning all the time and this would enchance my bodybuilding process.

thanks BR

MonStar
10-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Good luck man, looking forward to reading your journal. :D:D

NateDogg
10-04-2002, 09:48 PM
There ya go! Good luck and good idea :thumbup:

Silverback
10-05-2002, 03:01 AM
Day 1 of a new direction 10/4/02

General
Day off uni today so i could focus on my Arm workout instead of thinking of Tracy in my sports studies class (dang she's hot):hump:

Got some good kip last night so i was feeling pretty fresh, although my right shoulder was still a bit sore from Wednesdays workout.

Workout

Triceps:

Close Grip Bench (Thumb Width):

Warm up 70 x 20
90 x 10
100 x 9

Set a new PB with close grip, so im getting stronger, all reps were decent slow and controlled, i lock out at the top, but have had my doubts lately since others say the tension is removed at the lockout.

Cable Push Down:

Warm up MN 2 x 20
MN4 x 12
MN5 x 8

Once again got a new pb on this exercise, im not moving moutains but its progress and thats what matters, right?
MN stands for the number of notches on my machine at home, i dont know what each one weighs,(it will be the same at the gym as there is no weight configuration for them). Try'd to ensure max form, on the last set it swayed a bit but nothing serious.

Body Weight Dips:

x10

Did well on these to say that im a heavy git now, all 202lbs of it.
Had to bust some serious veins to get the final few reps out but it was worth it :)

Overhead Extensions:
25 x 12
35 x 10

First time ive ever performed these and it got a decent stretch on the tri's hopefully i'll integrate for the future more often.

Biceps:

DB curl:
Warm up 20 x 15
35 x 10
40 x 8 (x2)

Not bad work on the db's didn't really get a good pump but i felt it so im content. just got to keep striving for more weight.

Barbel curl:

60 x 8
50 x 7

after the second set did a drop set and pumped out 15 good reps on 30 felt good.

Finisher:
Concentration Curls:

25 x 8

The first time i ever did c curls i get an imense pump but now i dont know what im doing wrong, but it certainly does feel as though im working the bicep properly, any help?:help:

Sorry if i went on a bit much, ill work out how i can condense it for future work-outs. Spent the afternoon washing my car and starting an assignment on History of American Sport, its really interesting so i thought i would get cracking.We are currently looking at how the Civil War influenced big changes in the direction of sport.

later BR

Silverback
10-05-2002, 03:09 AM
Currenly working on a new routine with the Aid of Maki, so hopefully i'll be able to make soom headway on the upper body front.

Playing soccer today although i dont really want to, but i used to be the the top player until i got tendonitis in my right knee, for some reason they think that i can make a comeback, but my pace has disintergrated leaving me grounded.

I still love the sport but my desire for bodybuilding has seemed to outweigh somewhat.

Does anyone know where i can find good info on the net about biomechanics? ive got an assignment requiring an analysis of a performer and was considering using weight training as my examlpe to work off, could be very promising :)

BR

MonStar
10-05-2002, 05:05 AM
Body Weight Dips:

x10

Strength looking good BR. Keep up the hard work man. Do you have any strength goals for 2003 yet?

rookiebldr
10-05-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Big-Ron

Sorry if i went on a bit much, ill work out how i can condense it for future work-outs. [/B]

See that's the great thing about it being your journal. You can go on for as long as you like because it's your journal. :cool: :cool:

Well done on the bulking. :thumbup:

Silverback
10-05-2002, 05:40 AM
posted by monstar
Strength looking good BR. Keep up the hard work man. Do you have any strength goals for 2003 yet?

I would like to be benching 90's by december thats for sure, otherwise i'll update you later today, ive got to go play soccer, hopefully there will be be some nice ladies watching so i can show off my skills and muscley legs!

NateDogg
10-05-2002, 06:41 AM
Do you have a way to add weight to your dips eventually? Weighted dips have become my favorite upper body movement by far.

Silverback
10-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Nate Dogg

Do you have a way to add weight to your dips eventually?

not at the moment but i'll see if body solid does a belt im sure they do and i'll get one ordered.

Just finnished playing soccer we won 5-1 and i scored twice on my comeback:shoot: they also asked me to sign permenantly which really upped my confidence, but they said i must work on my speed and lose some bulk :( . I got loads of praise and i'll be in the paper next week so thats a bonus (i'll scan the article and post it)

Although priority number one is getting some serious strength on board, million dollar bills ya'll.

later Who's the Daddy? BR

Silverback
10-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Woke up this morning and felt awful, my whole body felt num, i havent experienced pain like this in a long while.
I was going to do some light back work, but decided against it and rested instead.

Diet perfecto as usual, nice and clean, spread out through the day.

Been thinking about some comments on wbb and some other sites and decided that i may take a trip down the strength route. Im weighing 202lbs and pretty happy with my physique (ableit arms). I might just focus on bolstering my strength before i bulk some more, any thoughts.

later 'nice night for a walk'

MonStar
10-06-2002, 01:39 PM
Been thinking about some comments on wbb and some other sites and decided that i may take a trip down the strength route. Im weighing 202lbs and pretty happy with my physique (ableit arms). I might just focus on bolstering my strength before i bulk some more, any thoughts.

I think that going down the strength road would be a great idea BR. I have been focusing on my strength for around the past year and my strength has really skyrocketed. I mean its gone up like crazy. +50-75 lbs. dips to +170 lbs. dips, BW chins to +100 lbs. chins, etc. etc. ;);)

Silverback
10-06-2002, 01:47 PM
oringinally posted by monstar I think that going down the strength road would be a great idea BR. I have been focusing on my strength for around the past year and my strength has really skyrocketed. I mean its gone up like crazy. +50-75 lbs. dips to +170 lbs. dips, BW chins to +100 lbs. chins, etc. etc.

i thought it probably would be the best option, also i dont have the money at the moment to be buying new tops and pants to fit my ever-increasing weight being a student and all.

MonStar
10-06-2002, 01:51 PM
i thought it probably would be the best option, also i dont have the money at the moment to be buying new tops and pants to fit my ever-increasing weight being a student and all.

Keep in mind that theyre VERY closely related as well BR. Strength and size go hand in hand if you ask me. Not always in a 1:1 ratio but they do go hand in hand. To get stronger you dont necessarily have to get a lot bigger, however, to get bigger you do have to get stronger. Its been that way in my experience at least.

In "Keys To Progress" John talks about how a guy will squat 350 lbs. for 2-3 years and make NO progress in his legs or anywhere for that matter. And then finally once he starts increasing the weights to 375, then finally 400, and then finally 425, etc. - he starts to grow. Strength is a big factor in bodybuilding if you ask me. Much overlooked.

There is a huge myth in bodybuilding that a lot guys are just huge but very weak.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I do believe that its possible to gain size on steroids without dramatically gaining any kind of strength. But for natural bodybuilders I think that strength and size are very closely related.

Silverback
10-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Keep in mind that theyre VERY closely related as well BR. Strength and size go hand in hand if you ask me. Not always in a 1:1 ratio but they do go hand in hand. To get stronger you dont necessarily have to get a lot bigger, however, to get bigger you do have to get stronger. Its been that way in my experience at least.

Sweet post mike, how do you think i should alter my diet to accomodate this new approach, ive been on between 3500-3800 and gaining between 1.5-2lbs per week. My body fat is 15% what do u reckon?

MonStar
10-06-2002, 02:09 PM
Sweet post mike, how do you think i should alter my diet to accomodate this new approach, ive been on between 3500-3800 and gaining between 1.5-2lbs per week. My body fat is 15% what do u reckon?

Um.. I would stick with the same kind of eating plan BR. I am realizing now that maybe my calories are a little too low. I dont want to get fat but after some PMs with chris mason in order to gain size and strength ample calories are key. ~3500-4000 for a guy around 200 lbs. like yourself seems like a good range. Obviously I dont know the details of your metabolism, etc. I am not a big fan of eating potatoes and chicken as you can see in my journal. I think that calories is all thats really important.

MonStar
10-06-2002, 02:11 PM
ALSO I forgot to add that if youre training more for strength youre really going to have to drop your rep range BR. In the 2-4 rep range if you ask me. Youre going to be aiming for neural adaptation. I like to go in the 2-4 (sometimes 1-4) rep range for my first heavy set, and then a bit higher in my 2nd set. My 2nd set is more geared towards hypertrophy.

Silverback
10-06-2002, 02:49 PM
ALSO I forgot to add that if youre training more for strength youre really going to have to drop your rep range BR. In the 2-4 rep range if you ask me. Youre going to be aiming for neural adaptation. I like to go in the 2-4 (sometimes 1-4) rep range for my first heavy set, and then a bit higher in my 2nd set. My 2nd set is more geared towards hypertrophy.

Thanks for the lit mike, ill put the theory into practise tommorow on my chest and back day, man im motivated!

ive never tried the very low rep range before so it could shock my system creating new growth (lets hope so). I'll try and keep my workout time lower than 60 mins its usually hovers around there but i end up chatting about different training and social issues.

As for diet, i used to focus just on the cals but when i started figuring ratio's thats when i started add decent mass. Although people like to work in different ways. Being specific helps me to stay on track.

In the afternoon ive got 4 continuous hours of business lectures (joy) with a ten min break at 2 hours. It gets pretty tedious but ill take a big shake in with me. + some bodybuilding/weight training literature just in case it gets heavy. thanks BR

MonStar
10-06-2002, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the lit mike, ill put the theory into practise tommorow on my chest and back day, man im motivated!

Yeah go for it BR, I think thats easily your best bet. After experimenting quite a bit, I think that the first workset should be in the lower rep range---the 1-4 rep range, leaning towards the 2-3 rep range. And this set should obviously be a maximal set taken to failure. The next set like I said should be more geared towards hypertrophy. Particularly in the 8-10 rep range. This 2nd workset should be more of a 'pump' set so to speak. Focusing on the muscular contractions, etc.

MonStar
10-06-2002, 03:03 PM
ive never tried the very low rep range before so it could shock my system creating new growth (lets hope so). I'll try and keep my workout time lower than 60 mins its usually hovers around there but i end up chatting about different training and social issues.

Yeah it might spur some new growth, you never know. Extremely low reps deal more with neural adaptation more than hypertrophy, however. I meant to add BR that I would recommend lowering your overall volume a bit now that youre going to be into the very low rep range. 1-4RMs are VERY strenuous on your nervous system. So you have be careful and not overtrain. I would recommend around 2-6 total sets for each muscle group. I train with 4 total sets for chest and back and legs, and 2-3 for arms, etc.

galileo
10-06-2002, 03:20 PM
You gained 80lbs in 6 months?

Silverback
10-06-2002, 03:26 PM
well its 7 now, but yeah i did gain 80lbs and my body fat is only 15% at the end of my 1st bulking phase.

i'll get some pics done as soon as i can.

BR

galileo
10-06-2002, 03:50 PM
You better have some before and afters because that's pretty sick. I'm sure everyone's going to want to see those.

Are your arms 14.2" unflexed?

Silverback
10-06-2002, 03:58 PM
How do you mean pretty sick, i cant help the way my body has reacted to the weights and food consumed.

My arms are 14.2 flexed, they are definately a weak point and i have tried so much (trust me) they are stubborn. Why would i want to lie, speak to anyone else on WBB i have talked with right from the start and you will see.

im here to improve myself and will do anything to acheive it.

galileo
10-06-2002, 05:53 PM
I never once implied that you lied, douche-bag.

My vernacular may confuse you since you are English, so I'll forgive.

Sick = Impressively good

I think that is one hell of a good body transformation and you should be proud as hell. I know I'd be quite thrilled with that. Unfortunately I am an "easy-gainer" and by "easy-gainer" I mean fat. ;) I can get myself down to a low bf but as soon as I start to bulk it seems the fat is the first to come on. I'll work it out though.

As far as your arms go, that is definitely a weak point. Not trying to offend, of course. I'm sure that they'll progress as you move on, you certainly have made good progress in other areas.

Silverback
10-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Sorry galileo, i took what you said out of context and seriously want to apologise. I am going to sound such a fool now, i didn't gain 80lbs in that amount of time i gained 40 (half of that). I was counting from when i first decided to do something about being a twig.

Sorry i hope you can forgive me for my stupidity.

BR

galileo
10-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey! 40lbs is still nothing to shake a stick at! I'm hoping to go from 155->175 in the next 6 months. If I can do that I'll be friggen thrilled.

Silverback
10-07-2002, 11:49 AM
cheers galileo, i'll still get pics up anyway, for others to see what they are reading about and for myself to compare.

how tall are you galileo? i think that gaining 20lbs in 6 months is quite an acheivable goal, just dont shoot to high on the cals otherwise your likely to gain a high proportion of body fat.

galileo
10-07-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm about 5'9.5-10". As soon as my cut is over I'm going to do a nice slow bulk. I'm confident that I'll be able to do it without too much bf gain this time.

Silverback
10-07-2002, 02:16 PM
sup y'all? i couldn't belive i got beat on the goal of the month competition, it seemed a certainty then bam i lost, out of the blue, oh well life goes on.

I woke up this moring felt good post-soccer match soreness had eliviated and freshness was the word to describe my feelings.
Today was chest and back day, i got to the gym on usual time and warmed up with Darren who i arranged to train with today.

So this is how it went:

De Chest:

Flat DB Bench:

Warm up 30 x 15 reps
1st 65 x 10
2nd 70 x 5 (Un-aided)
3rd 65 x 10

Great work on the DB's an unaided set on the 70s set me on fire :) and contributed to a nice solid chest workout.

Incline DB bench:

1st 70x 5 ( :eek:
2nd 65x 9

Got a new pb on the incline, my strength feels to be increasing all the time and is only a matter of waiting to keep pushing heavier weights.

Dips:

1st BW x 7 x 2

At this point my chest was hammered and i was getting a superb pump which was unusual, i went through the motions on the dips and struggled a bit with the last few on each set, but i dont think i rested long enough after the inclines.

Za Back:

Reverse wide grip pull ups:

1st -20 x 12
2nd -10x 10
3rd BWx3

I tried the underhand grip and it worked a treat, my pull ups are pretty s*** tbh and i must address this with some hard work, but the underhand helped me to get a few more reps than i usually would (thanks for the tip mike!)

One arm DB rows:

warm up with 40s x15
1st 70 x 12
2nd 80 x 6 :eek:

alrite! new pb on the rows man it was a euhoric feeling having acheived such a big increase and it really pleased me. Hopefully this will continue to help bring my lats and back into a more prominent position on my physique.

Finnisher, i finished off with 2 sets of pull downs just to get a good stretch on the lats and shrugged some 65's for my traps.
Good workout in all.

lasted 45 mins which is an improvement also, i realy fried my chest and lats and can really feel them now, and probably even more so in the morning.

Diet good again, managed to sink a few shakes throughout my lectures to help the recovery process. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

signing off BR

MonStar
10-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Flat DB Bench:

Warm up 30 x 15 reps
1st 65 x 10
2nd 70 x 5 (Un-aided)
3rd 65 x 10

Incline DB bench:

1st 70x 5 ( :eek:
2nd 65x 9

Dips:

1st BW x 7 x 2

Nice chest strength BR. Keep up the hard work man. Hopefully by focusing on strength youll really improve these lifts. I would also consider maybe switching some of your presses to BBs. Because you can typically handle more weight in BBs than DBs.

Reverse wide grip pull ups:

1st -20 x 12
2nd -10x 10
3rd BWx3

One arm DB rows:

warm up with 40s x15
1st 70 x 12
2nd 80 x 6 :eek:

Nice back strength too man. Youll get your chin strength up dont worry about it. ;);) 80s for DB rows is great man. Keep up the hard work.

signing off BR

Um.. okay. Hehe.

Silverback
10-07-2002, 03:13 PM
lol, thought i would add something cheesy from some 80's throwback type show :)

thanks for the input mike really appreicate it the db rowing sent me sky high, i know that from now on in it is a proper approach that must be taken, to achieve what i want, i think with your and others help i will reach my goals without a doubt.

BR

MonStar
10-07-2002, 04:29 PM
lol, thought i would add something cheesy from some 80's throwback type show :)

thanks for the input mike really appreicate it the db rowing sent me sky high, i know that from now on in it is a proper approach that must be taken, to achieve what i want, i think with your and others help i will reach my goals without a doubt.

BR

Yeah man good luck achieving your goals---seriously. I hope to achieve all of my goals by 2003. Some of them I think are a little bit far fetched, but I think with the proper mindset Ill be able to get them all. +135 on chins is going to be tough, along with 315 on bench, 225 on BTN presses, 165 on curls, etc. A 275 lbs. CG bench is also going to be a real challenge. I dont know man, sometimes I wonder what the hell I am going to be putting up strength wise when I am 25. ;);)

GeneticallyGifted
10-07-2002, 05:33 PM
I haven't been on WBB for a minute, and I see that you've got your journal going. This is great... I can see the progress on paper. I would like to start a Journal come this week. You are doing extremely well and I would like to appluad you with a suttle golf clap...*clapping lightly*

Well done man, well done.

GG

Silverback
10-11-2002, 02:07 PM
cheers GG much appreciated :)

Been away last few days, bogged down with assignments (3 due in for early november:omg:) should be able to handle it though as one is all about me so that shouldn't be too hard.

After saturdays soccer ive signed up for the side, but i need to get fit and lose some weight, ive been working with a sprint coach who has worked with linford christie.

So this week ive been doing sprints and fitness work, my legs feel like lead, but my speed should improve drastically. Still managed to get some arm work in today ableit a light one, i really want to continue with the weights because it has become a part of me, although i will now definately be more strength orientated instead of size.

I also started cutting this week and it has gone alright, tried to cycle a bit to keep me happy which has worked to an extent although in the evening ive felt ravenous, oh well its gotta be done at some point, luckily ive got a cheat day tommorow which will be sweet.

I should be back on my workout next week, but replace my leg day with a sprint day which will make things interesting, because sprinting gives me such a buzz.

Anyway ill get things sorted out over the weekend.

BR

Silverback
11-14-2002, 04:27 PM
its been a long while, but trying to kickstart my journal. Ive had a hetic past month what with assignments and essays piling up like Jennifer Lopez's husbands, bodybuilding has unforntunately had to take the back seat.

Not only that but a new job as a personal trainer and a brimming social life has made things just a little crazy.

Last time i talked with y'all id started cutting now week 5 and things are starting to happen. Definition has become the word of the moment and its all thanks to the keto diet (i think).

Maybe it is that the diet is unique and it is tbh quite enjoyable that makes me stick with it. At first i questionned my sanity when i began as the 1st week was hell and the brain fog felt like 5 rounds with mike tyson, although now things are getting sweet and am enjoying cheese, pepperami, bacon, hot dogs etc...

As far as training is concerned im following a 3 day split whereupon 1st day is chest and back, 2, legs and sprint work, 3, biceps, triceps and/or shoulders. rest of the time im resting, trying to leave out cardio, until i stop losing weight at a nice rate.

As of next week i will begin my routines and diet and update them either daily or every other, tbh i like spending time browsing the forum and reading any article i can find on bodybuilding.

Oh well plenty of work to do so ill make like a tree and lea(f)ve :)

NateDogg
11-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Holy $hit, welcome back to your journal ;) How's the personal training going? That is something I plan on doing in the not too distant future.

Silverback
11-14-2002, 05:20 PM
lol, i know its been a while but, i didn't see any point in starting a new journal (no offense mike :) )

As for the personal training well its going good. Im basically on the equivalent of $10 an hour and for every program i set up i get 80% of the members fee. So its not exactly rolling in, but its setting me up nicely for the future, especially the experince.

As for the work itself, nothing too strenuous, just providing motivation, assistance wherever necessary. Some of the members are real pains in the ass. for example a women berrated me for someone leaving some cleaning equipment in the spinning room, i tried to calm her down, but it really meant something too her, so i refered her to the manager because if i spent anymore time with her, i probably would have laid the smack down!

I would reccomend it though because, theres little manual work involved and i get free use of the facilities which i must say are awesome :) and all the staff are pretty cool.

good luck nate if that is the route you want to follow then take it son.

B-R

MonStar
11-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Yeah BR, LOL, welcome back to your journal. :D:D

Good to see you post in here again man.

GeneticallyGifted
11-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Nice to seeya back. Work hard, get your priorities straight and all will fall into place.

GG

bradley
11-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Haven't posted in here before but I wanted to keep up with your progress on the CKD. Hope everything continues well on the cut, and I look forward to reading about your progress.:thumbup:

Silverback
11-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Ive now been on the WBB boards for nearly 8 months now, and have learnt so much in this time. My knowledge about bodybuilding has been built entirely from WBB and M+F magazine plus some other minor resources.

I first posted some pics back in April and recieved some criticism so ive worked hard and 7 months later i have taken pictures again. hopefully i'll get a quality critique and improve even further.

1st pic March/April 02

MonStar
11-18-2002, 01:27 PM
I would watch the info in Muscle & Fitness magazines BR, just a personal opinion. A lot of stuff in there is bullsh*t.

Silverback
11-18-2002, 01:27 PM
november 02

Silverback
11-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Side Chest

MonStar
11-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Making some good solid progress BR, keep it up man.

Silverback
11-18-2002, 01:33 PM
oops try again

Silverback
11-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Wheeeelss :eek:

Silverback
11-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MonStar

you really think mike?

i feel i have made some progress but far from ideal, could you point out major areas for improvement? that would really help, cheers

Saturday Fever
11-18-2002, 01:44 PM
Are you looking to lift big or get big?

AdamGberg
11-18-2002, 01:53 PM
i gotta say congrats, you are making progress! i wish i had taken a pic. from before i started lifting about 5 months ago...good work!

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:05 PM
For some reason i felt a bit concerned about posting the pics, (probably because i thought id get criticism again) Anyway back to training & diet.

Today was the first time in 3 weeks that i worked out to a routine, tbh i havent had time to workout at my gym, just some light work in my garage.

-------------------------------------------

General:
Felt prett good this morning despite little sleep at the weekend after partying inc drinking far more than i should, but its alright you only live once :)

Back on CKD for my third week ive adapted well now and brain fog is no-more, just want to concentrate getting cut and ready for bulk part 2.

THE BEEF:

Chest and Back Work:

DB bench:
20 rep light warm up

1 (70 x 10)
2 (70 x 7)
3 (60 x 10)

I was surprised how much strength i retained from the break and worked hard at getting the most out of the reps, not a bad starting point for the workout

DB incline:

1 (50 x 10)
2 (60 x 8)

Chest was feeling pretty pumped and worked so i refrained from giving extra punishment and quickly went through these 2 sets

Bodyweight Dips:
1: (9)
2: (10)
3: Assisted (8)

Wkd i felt 'Top Banana' with these, probably because my body weight has dropped a few pounds, so i can handle my own weight with much more control

Back:
BW pull-ups

1: (10 just!)
2: (10)
3: (8 assisted)

same as the previous exercise, BW held the key, it gave me a good feeling though as you could imagine :) :)

Cable rows:
Warm up light resistance.

1 (#10 x 10)
2 (#12 x 12)
3 (#9 x 12)

I luv cable rows, i get a great work on my lats and traps and pumps me up gr8, maybe i should try and get some more strength here as my lats need to be brought out somewhat.

1-Arm Rows:

1 (50 x 12)
2 (65 x 10)
3 (65 x 8)

Another personal favourite of mine, and hopefully my stength will come back in due course, just got to make sure i bust a gut in order to do it.

Finished with a bit of AB work just to finnish off, feel pretty satisfied, and ive got the grit between my teeth to really make a go of turning my self into a recognisable BB.

Diet and other issues to follow :)

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Saturday Fever
Are you looking to lift big or get big?

My priority is size, because i don't feel satisfied especially with my arms. Although strength would be welcomed. How would you rate my progress SF?

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:27 PM
CKD Start of Week 3:

Monday:

Meal 1: 3 Whole Egg, 3 white Omlette with Chicken (400 cals)

Meal 2: Bacon, Peperami (350)

Meal 3: Chicken, Beef (400)

Meal 4: Cheese, Peperami (300)

Meal 5: Tuna/Flax Mayo (300)

Meal 6: Peperami x 2 (250) not yet eaten

Total= 2000 cals

Pretty pleased with that stuck well 2 make sure i got into keto, which i probably achieved. i had a pretty busy day what with working out and fitting in my lectures and seminars. But that seems to be me at the moment.

GeneticallyGifted
11-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Ya doin' fine. Don't worry all things will come as time passes. The arms are just an area that needs more work then the other body parts. Everyone has a lagging body part.

GG

bradley
11-18-2002, 02:42 PM
I can see the progress. How much fat are you looking to drop on this cut? Keep up the hard work.

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:44 PM
I was looking to drop down to about 8-9% bf then aim to do a slower bulk, what do you think?

i weigh in now at 194lbs down from 204lbs. Im not really sure, bit confused tbh.

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by AdamGberg
i gotta say congrats, you are making progress! i wish i had taken a pic. from before i started lifting about 5 months ago...good work!

Thank you :)

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
Ya doin' fine. Don't worry all things will come as time passes. The arms are just an area that needs more work then the other body parts. Everyone has a lagging body part.

GG

thanks GG means alot 4 u 2 post, the arms are a real bitch, i told you that they suck and i try so hard to get them to grow, must work even harder i suppose.

Silverback
11-18-2002, 02:48 PM

cheers mike really appreciated, i think i must look at the bigger picture for me adding the size, the good thing at least ive started relatively early.

bradley
11-18-2002, 02:58 PM
If you want to gain size then you are going to have to eat for that specific goal. IMO I would try and gain slowly, that is eating right around maintenance (extra 300-500 cals daily and shoot for a slow gain like you mentioned. Don't even think I would call it a "bulk". You are more than likely not going to see any size gains on a cut, and if so they will be minimal. From what I have read you are wanting to get bigger, and bf does not look to be an issue. Re-asses your goals and make your decision based on that.

Silverback
11-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the post bradly, you've read me like a book, although i feel as though there is too much bf on my legs and glutes, which is why im cutting tbh, i dont really carry much fat up top.

Silverback
11-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Damn i felt terrible today, must have been due to my workout yesterday either that or the keto, at least its nearly over :)

Went for a light jog in town that made me feel better, although all the work i had to do for university later in the afternoon gave me a crappy headache.

I got given a big box of chocolates today, for helping a girl out at uni aswell, she'd lost her work so i got it back, after i'd heard her upset with a friend (3000 word essay) she was damn fine too:):), after id got her work back. She told me to meet her in town where she gave me a huge box of chocolates and asked me out on wednesday, which was pretty sweet, although i gave the chocolates to my mum and told her they were a present from me :angel: (cant be eating chocs on Keto:D)

Anyhow here is 2days diet:
19/11/02

1: Hot Dogs with Cheese (300)

2:Cheese (300)

3: Eggs + Cheese (400)

4: Spicy Chicken, Peanut Butter (300)

5: Salmon + Fiberous Veg (400)

Diet is pretty easy for me as im dedicated, just with things people are saying i may revert to a muscle gain program, damn glutes and thighs :mad: :mad:

out B-R

GeneticallyGifted
11-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Isn't that keto diet all fats diet or something. Man, I couldn't do that. How does it effect you training positively or negatively? Speak of both ways....enlighten me.

Oh, and I am happy to post in your journal.

GG

Silverback
11-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Isn't that keto diet all fats diet or something. Man, I couldn't do that. How does it effect you training positively or negatively? Speak of both ways....enlighten me.

Oh, and I am happy to post in your journal.

GG

Hey Court,

the CKD (Keto) involves 75%fats 25%protein 0%Carbs for 5 days. then at weekends you carb load with day 6 700g carbs (high GI) day 7 300g carbs (Low GI), repeat the cycle.

As for my workouts no change really, by the end of the week i feel pretty drained but thats probably expected on a diet.

Sometimes you get funny headaches but i can deal with them, its going well when concerened with fat loss and im starting to see quite a difference.

On the upside i rarely feel hungry because the fats satisfy and curb appetite, going to keep on it for another 8 weeks (unless ive lost enough fat by then and i will stop)

Then i hopefully will go on a slow bulk to try and get some decent mass i suppose its Stage 2 of creating my figure :)

MonStar
11-19-2002, 02:38 PM
If I were you BR I would train exclusively for size for a good while before you cut up. I mean thats just my personal opinion but based on your physique your main priority should be packin' on size. Just my $.02.

Silverback
11-19-2002, 02:45 PM
If I were you BR I would train exclusively for size for a good while before you cut up. I mean thats just my personal opinion but based on your physique your main priority should be packin' on size. Just my $.02.

Fair enough Mike, and am really tempted to do that, but im not happy with my lower body fat levels, which places doubt in my mind, somehow ive got to remove the doubt.

B-R

bradley
11-19-2002, 02:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/diet.fitness/11/19/otsc.atkins.diet/index.html

Ran across this and thought you might want to take a look. Seeing as how you are doing the keto diet.:D

Silverback
11-19-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by bradley
http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/diet.fitness/11/19/otsc.atkins.diet/index.html

Ran across this and thought you might want to take a look. Seeing as how you are doing the keto diet.:D

Cheers a good read, i think that short term it won't provide too many problems, but long term i will stay away from.

there is also a difference in the fact that CKD involves carb-loading in which the Atkins doesn't. But as for the high fat issue there is cause for concern.

cheers once again.

Silverback
11-20-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi y'all what a beautiful day :)

not really, its pishing it down. The good thing is i can get some work done and workout with plenty of time to rest.

I decided to give a Bicep workout i saw in M+F, so todays bi work is based on this. I also did a bit of shoulder work becuase they felt fresh enough to go for it (unusual 4 me at the mo being on keto).

The Beef:

Biceps/Shoulders and Abs:

Biceps:

Dumbbell warm up:
15 x 25

Wall Curls:
1: 35 x 12
2: 35 x 10
3: 35 x 8

The wall curls were good especially for form, ensuring continuous contraction, went for 30 sec rest between sets, this helped me achieve a nice pump and it felt good.

Hammer/Shoulder Press Curls:

1: 35 x 10
2: 35 x 9

I fround upon these at first, but when i did them i was glad of it got some good work especially on the delts, brachialis also recieved some hammer :)

Dumbbell Drop Set:
35 x 10
30 x 10
25 x 8
20x 10
15 x 15

Ive always been a big fan of drop sets, they improve your mood and pump, i know pump means little but at least it makes you feel good.

Barbell 1:8s
30lbs

Explanation: Light barbell weight, Curl 8 sets scaling up 1-8 reps. only having a seconds rest, by the time i finished my 13.5' bi's were fry'd! good finnisher, although bit sceptical about the amount of reps in total.

Shoulders:

Seated Dumbell Press:

2: 35 x 8

Just wanted to give my shoulders some work, they are probably the best part of my physique and help to make my waist look narrower which is a big help. Although my strength seems to lag compared with my workout partners, (genetics probs)

Lateral & Front raises Superset:

To Failure Double set.

Never really do these, just threw them in as a semi finnisher. I'll do a better shoulder workout on friday.

Abs:

Crunches:

1: 15
2: 15
3: 10

Hanging Leg Raises:
1: 20
2:15

Abs are now visable with the diet, although they still remain small, i must strive to add weight in order to help them out.

The session lasted 40 mins which was pretty good tbh, my biceps felt good and worked but it doesn't change the fact that they suck and im hoping for a miracle.

Diet:
Quality as usual although my mum had made some mince pies and i was like woah. I just told myself that if i wait till christmas they will taste much better with the wait. i just looked at them for a bit as they taunted me i was having none of it :) :)

Later guys,

quote of the day:"During cutting season i stay home where it is safe" [/SIZE] Lee Priest (IFBB PRO)

bradley
11-20-2002, 05:21 PM
quote of the day:"During cutting season i stay home where it is safe" [/SIZE] Lee Priest (IFBB PRO)

Except when your mom is making mince meat pies.;)

MonStar
11-21-2002, 12:01 AM
Good workout BR, keep up the hard work man seriously. Everything is looking good. Strength in the gym is also looking good man.

Silverback
11-21-2002, 03:40 AM
Good workout BR, keep up the hard work man seriously. Everything is looking good. Strength in the gym is also looking good man.

Cheers Mike, I went alright. Strength has improved, but nowhere near as much as i would like. I'll be setting some goals to and hopefully i'll be able to meet them and progress from there.

B-R

Silverback
11-21-2002, 02:24 PM
21/November/2002

General Comments:
Biceps felt sore this morning, this is a rarity for me so i was quite happy that i'd felt the workout (may encourage me to alter workouts more often) Got 11 hours sleep last night also:eek: this is crazy and a new record, since i went on a drinking marathon 2 years ago!

joy, today i had to lookforward to 5 hours of lectures back-2-back (what an ass) there is plenty of totty so my eyes will be occupied whenever i get bored. Went okay, made sure i took plenty of keto foods in with me to stick to my diet :)

This morning i did a 30 min tricep workout, i wanted inspiration so i tried this out.

Triceps Workout:

Close Grip Bench:

Warm up: light weight 20 reps
1: 80 x 12
2: 90 x 10
3:100 x 8 :eek: PB
4: Drop set

Belive it or not the 100lbs close grip was a record for me, my small arms really restrict me and its frustrating, but atleast im going in the right direction :)

Skulls:

Warm-up: 15 reps (light)

1:30 x 12
2:45 x 10
3 " "

Skulls are also a weak point but i pushed myself hard and felt good although my wrists were pretty sore.

Cable- Pushdowns:

1: #3 x 15
2: #4 x 10
3: #5 x 6

Sweet work on these just tried to get the pump and made sure the contractions were full and proper. By this time i was pretty sore but my dips were next up and my fave tri exercise.

Dips:

1: BW x 10
2: " "
3: " "

nice work on tha dips, ive really got to get a belt so i can add weight because i need more work from them. All in all a good 30 min blast and hopefully i'll get some direction from it and create momentum 4 future tri workouts.

B-R out

bradley
11-21-2002, 02:55 PM
Good job on the dips and looks like you are progressing well. I would recommend spacing a hard tricep workout like that as far away from the chest and shoulders workout as you can. I know my triceps will be sore for days sometimes. Keep up the good work.

Five hours of lecture :bang: , but a litttle eye candy never hurt anyone:hump:

MonStar
11-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Good work on the CG bench PB man! Really impressive dude seriously. Keep up the hard work, size and strength will come with time. Just hang in there man. :thumbup::thumbup:

Silverback
11-22-2002, 12:45 PM
Good work on the CG bench PB man! Really impressive dude seriously. Keep up the hard work, size and strength will come with time. Just hang in there man. :thumbup::thumbup:

merci Mike,

Kinda weird how ive been gaining strength while cutting, unexplainable. All i know is that i will halt cutting pretty soon and get on with mass building, recently ive had a change of though and want to get myself much bigger.

Worked on the deadlifts today i'll let you know how they went in my workout update.

once again props 4 the support

B-R

Silverback
11-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Bonjourno mon ami's!

Things are getting better in every aspect, not only do i have renewed confidence in the weight room but all the other jigsaw pieces are fitting into place :)

Apart from beggining an essay on the 'development of Baseball in American Society' i also got a good back work out in, which left me happy indeed.

22/11/02

Back Workout:

General Warm up:

Spent about 5 minutes skipping just too ready my self for the workout, im improving all the time with my skipping technique although i prefer 5 minutes of rowing usually.

Deadlifts:

Warm up: Bar alone x 20

1: 160 x 12
2: 190 x 10
3: 200 x 10
4: 200 x 10

Quite a nice 4 sets of deads i probably could of lifted more but i just wanted to stay confortable as my back has given me some niggles lately, so pushing myself too far would of been the wrong option.

Barbell Rows:

Warm-up: 50 x 15

1: 90 x 12
2: 85 x 10
3: 85 x 8

I set a new pb on the rows all be it light, i put Mike's tips :) to practise and i definately felt it more in the lats, but i think my lack of weight is due to the fact that biceps play a key role and my bi's are almost non-existent so that is probably whats holding me back.

Narrow cable Pull-Downs:

Machine #8 x 12
" " #8 x 10
" " #9 x 8

Okay i suppose, went for the full contraction, fully focused on from and experienced lots of burn, nice feeling actually. Im going to try and bust a gut to achieve more strength in this exercise.

Wide Pull-downs:

machine #7 x 12
" "#8 x 10

Same again felt a good pull, just got to work at the old strength again.

Workout lasted 35 mins which was short for me, but by the time i was finnished back was roasted.

Wrap up:

'you cant escape' (only joking)

From todays workout ive realised how much biceps are relied upon on so many exercises, priority must be set on increasing their strength, then and only then will my other exercises reap the benefits.

au revoir people :)

Silverback
11-23-2002, 03:02 AM
The Day after Deads:

Back feels sore as ****, so are the hami's, joy i have to play soccer today :) im usually the heart of the team but today i'll probably be the ass as walking let alone running is a mighty struggle.

On the bright side its carb up 4 two days (woo-hoo!) then after that who knows, maybe ill kick keto into touch (im not saying, i havent made good fat loss, but i dont think i need to lose any more, time to put on some mass).

I'll probably go out tonight for a few stevie's, catch up with some mates and that, gotta be done dont want to give the wrong impression, it was only a couple of months ago my mates thought i was on roids! (silly boys)

Teddy Rukspin WTF

later B-R

MonStar
11-23-2002, 07:25 AM
Deadlifts:

Warm up: Bar alone x 20

1: 160 x 12
2: 190 x 10
3: 200 x 10
4: 200 x 10

Barbell Rows:

Warm-up: 50 x 15

2: 85 x 10
3: 85 x 8

Nice strength here BR on the deads and BB rows. Impressive man, seriously. And like you said man strong biceps are necessary for strong BB rows---so hit your curls hard. :):)

bradley
11-23-2002, 02:36 PM
On the bright side its carb up 4 two days (woo-hoo!) then after that who knows, maybe ill kick keto into touch (im not saying, i havent made good fat loss, but i dont think i need to lose any more, time to put on some mass).

Just curious how the carb ups were going. Are you counting cals or just more or less treating it as a cheat day?

Silverback
11-23-2002, 05:53 PM
"Just curious how the carb ups were going. Are you counting cals or just more or less treating it as a cheat day?"

At first bradly i counted cals but tbh it was mind numbing and i wanted a break from it, so i thought id start by cheating for the first day and keep an eye on carbs for the second, this has worked for me well and the fat loss has followed nicely.

Its funny you asked becuase ive been thinking about it alot lately, and i was reading maki's journal and his views on cutting and he was speaking on the lines of "if you consume below maintencance your gonna lose weight no matter what macro's your consuming, maybe i will just try and get an even balance.

The benefit of keto is that it blunts hunger which seriously helps because you can train and focus other activities without annoying pangs, this keeps me happy with the amount of work i have to do. (Sorry if this post is a bit fcuked but ive had too much too drink and typing is not my best friend in this state :))

beastin v6
11-23-2002, 06:08 PM
On weekends I used to go on an eating rampage. Not anymore because it has hinder my weight loss goals. Ive lost weight, but not as fast as i would like to do it. So i just try to get between 2000-3500 calories on carb up days.

Silverback
11-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by beastin v6
On weekends I used to go on an eating rampage. Not anymore because it has hinder my weight loss goals. Ive lost weight, but not as fast as i would like to do it. So i just try to get between 2000-3500 calories on carb up days.

cheers for the advice beastin, appreciated man, i'll put it into practise next week, although what im doing now seems to be working well. I dont think i ever go on rampages, more moderate splurges :)

i dont usually count cals at weekends, but its my health and my body im building and i want to be the best i can so, maybe thats the way to go.

B-R

beastin v6
11-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Yea B-R, i dont count calories either, well i did not. But its important we tend to go over hand. Cheese cake, ice cream, you name it i ate it on the weekends. Btw, how many does do you carb up for? 2..try the only 1 day carb up, lets see how it goes.

Silverback
11-23-2002, 06:28 PM
At the moment its 2, which is probably ideal because i come back from university at wkends so i see my mates and we go out in town on a sat, then on sunday we usually go bowling, cinema etc... so food tends to be a bit off the wall, if so to speak. Although i emphasise carbs wherever possible.

1 day a week does sound quite good, i might give it a whirl, i doubt my mates would mind as they are right behind me in my BB goals, even though they dont care abou their physiques!

MonStar
11-24-2002, 12:55 AM
Yeah BR I am the same way. Schedule gets WAY to hectic to be getting an exact amount of calories. I end up completely estimating for the most part. I know that its not a good thing to do, but oh well.

Silverback
11-24-2002, 04:22 AM
Yeah BR I am the same way. Schedule gets WAY to hectic to be getting an exact amount of calories. I end up completely estimating for the most part. I know that its not a good thing to do, but oh well.

Yeah, through the week i have a good grasp of things, weekends are then a time just to relax a little, thats how i plan it anyway. I probably could stick to a 100% clean diet, but what would be the point in that?

i feel you have to get some moderation in order, if not then you'll probably look back in 30 years time and ask yourself why, just my opinion.

Saturday Update:

Back, glutes and hamstrings were sore as hell in the morning, infact my hamstrings kept cramping up on me! And i had a soccer game to play in the afternoon.

The game went well we won 3-2 i scored twice for us and managed to last the 90mins i emphasised carbs big time! to ensure that none of my hard earned muscle would be used as a fuel.

i played well, the weight training has definately helped get my speed back, stamina is still iffy, but power and speed were real strongpoints. If i got in behind the defense there was no way of catching me.

My diet was carb-up so didn't really take to much note of what was going in, but ive already talked about it in previous posts so i'll save the bore.

Quote of the day: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

NateDogg
11-24-2002, 08:00 AM

The game went well we won 3-2 i scored twice for us and managed to last the 90mins i emphasised carbs big time! to ensure that none of my hard earned muscle would be used as a fuel.
***You're a damned good soccer player huh? How good are you? If you were to come to the states would you be at the level (not that it's THAT good as there are surely better players in Europe) of MLS? (major league soccer). Actually...have you seen them play?

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
***I love this quote, it's in someone's sig here at WBB.

Silverback
11-24-2002, 08:12 AM
I play at quite a high level, knee injuries have knocked me back several times, i was on the books of Blackburn Rovers but then got injured and lost my chance.

I watch the MLS on television in the UK, if i did come i think i would struggle to get in the sides, due to the fact that the standard of the MLS is rising at a collossal rate. The likes of Landon Donavan are real talents.

Injury is what turned me to bodybuilding as i was not very mobile, but still desired more, which is when i found WBB and it went from there. I had treatment of all styles to help me recover and in September this year i could finally begin to play again, right now im still building my self up, fitness is still poor and needs work.

Soccer is not going to dominate my life again though, as injury is such a dangerous subject. BB is my new area in which i will pursue.

That quote is tops aint it, i saw it in a muscle and fitness magazine advertising 'Animal Wear' i think.

later nate

beastin v6
11-24-2002, 09:46 AM
999 post for big - ron .. make your 1000th post good and long heh

bradley
11-24-2002, 09:57 AM
I don't blame you for not wanting to count cals on he weekend. Especially when you have to eat so much more than usual. Just curious of how you went about doing it for future reference. I think if I ever go the keto route I am just going to use Saturday as a cheat day (while keeping fat content low) and then Sunday low GI carbs throughout the day.

Like you said the caloric deficit is all that matters in terms of losing weight so incorporating carbs back into your diet might not be a bad thing, especially if you are close to you fat loss goals.

Congrats, on the 2 goals in the soccer match.:thumbup:

Silverback
11-24-2002, 10:26 AM
999 post for big - ron .. make your 1000th post good and long heh

lol, 999 posts i never realised, well this is my 1000th im not going to kick up a fuss because so many members have already achieved it. I just want to continue with my journal, keeping track and encouraging other members, and offering advice wherever possible.

I would mind the chance of moderating, it would add something else for me and i think i would make a pretty good mod.

gotta shoot sum steam:)

Silverback
11-24-2002, 10:35 AM
I don't blame you for not wanting to count cals on he weekend. Especially when you have to eat so much more than usual. Just curious of how you went about doing it for future reference. I think if I ever go the keto route I am just going to use Saturday as a cheat day (while keeping fat content low) and then Sunday low GI carbs throughout the day.

Like you said the caloric deficit is all that matters in terms of losing weight so incorporating carbs back into your diet might not be a bad thing, especially if you are close to you fat loss goals.

Congrats, on the 2 goals in the soccer match.:thumbup:

Thanks Bradly, Hopefully 2 goals to add to many future goals:)

I reckon carbs are going to take a more functional role next week in my diet, keto has been good and ive enjoyed it, fat loss was tbh enjoyable on it! (after the first stages of course, brain fog n'all)

For your future reference Bradly, when looking into keto. I began by reading the articles on WBB (very helpful) with a toothpick, i then proceeded with some questions on the forums (just to clear up some issues).

I also made quite a few visits to www.bodybuilding.com in their forums their is a setion on 'Losing Fat' with some extremely helpful 'Sticky's, after a few hours of reading the FAQ's. samples, side effects etc... i felt confident enough to give it a go.

I'll definately consider it in the future, but now i must concentrate on getting muscle on me, i know for a fact that im far from happy with my size at present, and hopefully if i work hard and take all the advice i can get, then i will be able to push myself in the right direction.

boy its cold, damn uk weather!

B-R

MonStar
11-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Quote of the day: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

LOVE that quote man. Great isnt it? :D:D

Silverback
11-24-2002, 12:46 PM

LOVE that quote man. Great isnt it? :D:D

Sure is Mike, its probably my favourite + most used quote. Comebacks are hard upon this one, i.e. my love for bodybuilding has often been critisised as obsessiveness of muscles and food. The quote is so applicable :)

MonStar
11-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Great quote.

I am most likely going to start Metaformin sometime in the next few weeks. Well see how fast I can get my hands on some. Ill be sure to let you know what I think of it BR. I know that you want to gain size but dont want to gain fat. That may make it possible its supposed to be great at preventing fat spillover.

beastin v6
11-25-2002, 06:29 AM
I have a few :

" It's going to hurt the first time and the 100th time. Deal with it!"

"The minds and muscles of the Brotherhood are to be kept sharp as the swords of gods."

"THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT THE FUTURE IS . . . TO CREATE IT. "

"Don't do your best. Do what it takes. The more you sweat in peace; the less you bleed in war! "--> LOVE THAT ONE!

Silverback
11-25-2002, 09:17 AM
They're all awsome quotes, makes you wonder who comes up with half of them!

Arnold probably holds 60% of them :)

At uni at the moment so i'll give you more of an update 2nite

l8er B-R

Silverback
11-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Well what a rank workout i had today, the weekends drinking had an extremely negative effect on me and i felt like poop.
The workout was so crap, i have decided not to post any info on it, in fact i packed my bags half-way through went home took some pain-killers and started some assignments.

So in light of this recent slip-up i have decided to make up a new plan of action and in a FLEX magazine stylee fashion. here it is:

Big-Rons Commandments for Ultimate muscle Gain:

1: I shalt consume 1g+ protein per lb of BM, (alright this was old habit but im re-emphasising it)

2: Thou shall not consume alcohol beyond a sensible level while on the mass program.

3: I shalt put 100% into every rep, set and god damn everything while working out.

4: progressive resistance must be always strived for and not settle for anything else.

5: I shall attempt to gain between 1lb and 1.5lbs per week maximum, thus ensuring max muscle gain and min fat gain.

6: Thou shalt read Flex every month for the best bodybuilding info j/k :)

Enough of the gospel speak, in other words im just going to try and make a real go of BB, the 1st 7 months were pretty sloppy and lack of knowledge hindered me. But now i feel ready to dive in and push myself 2 the max.

Oh and by the way im off keto and on a mass gaining diet, not ultra high cals, just sensible.

later B-R

bradley
11-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Glad to see you are going to add some quality mass. I would try and add about .5 to 1lb per week. I think 1.5 would be a little too much bf in my opinion. Good luck on the bulk and keep us posted.

P.S. Not all workouts can be the best. Take the good with the bad. I am sure the next workout will be intense.;)

beastin v6
11-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey bad workout stink bro. bur more then often they leave more sore then great workout. atleast thats the case with me.. peace

Silverback
11-26-2002, 02:42 PM
oops posted twice:)

(dont worry its not a ploy to get more views/posts:D )

Silverback
11-26-2002, 02:43 PM
bradly & yunier cheers for your posts appreciated, just got to move on and forward :)

So today, i felt much better an decided to do a bit of interval training/plyometrics with some of my training partners. My legs were completely fry'd! looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight:)

Lectures were good learnt about krebs cycle in more detail than A-level and also Anaerobic glycolysis. Not really relevant to bb but was really interesting none the less.

I got home today and on my answer phone i got a message from a friend offering me 40lbs of Whey protein isolate for 95! i snapped at the chance almost right away, god damn that will last me ages:) so my mood was elevated even further. just got to get my routine back in order then i'll sweet as.

Diet is slowly creeping back up, diet want to bump it right away and cause i shift in fat storage straight away. (incidently i got weighed and bf% checked. I was 191lbs and 10% bf so thats not a bad base to start building back on is it?)

Bradly i think you are right in gaining .5-1lb per week, its probably more sensible and will keep me more lean for the months that i will be gaining, and will save me another cutting bout, which in the long run will do me better service.

later guys

PS inspirational pic of the day :)

MonStar
11-26-2002, 04:04 PM
Arnold looks massive in those pictures BR, talk about motivation. Anyway man yeah I agree with a .5-1 lbs. weight-gain each week. Thats very sensible and most likely your best bet in terms of preventing unwanted fat-gain. I am shooting for a gradual weight-gain up to 225 lbs. Looking forward to hitting that mark eventually.

Good luck with the bulk BR! You should have no problem gaining weight.

Silverback
11-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Arnold looks massive in those pictures BR, talk about motivation. Anyway man yeah I agree with a .5-1 lbs. weight-gain each week. Thats very sensible and most likely your best bet in terms of preventing unwanted fat-gain. I am shooting for a gradual weight-gain up to 225 lbs. Looking forward to hitting that mark eventually.

Good luck with the bulk BR! You should have no problem gaining weight.

thanks for the support for the bulk, (always appreciated:)) im looking forward to it (like a kid with a new toy!) This time though pushing the weight must be acheived in a better progression, as last time round i was stop/start so often.

As for Arnold what else can be said? he was a true BB, especially considering when that pic was taken he was only 20/21! Brilliant.

talk soon B-R

MonStar
11-26-2002, 04:16 PM
... By the way BR sure is great to have you back here at WBB man. Seriously. Were missing a few old WBB members. You came back, which is good. MarshallPenn used to post here all the time and hes been gone. Qea was a frequent poster, and another member. I forget his name now though. Used to post all the time.

Silverback
11-26-2002, 04:31 PM
... By the way BR sure is great to have you back here at WBB man. Seriously. Were missing a few old WBB members. You came back, which is good. MarshallPenn used to post here all the time and hes been gone. Qea was a frequent poster, and another member. I forget his name now though. Used to post all the time.

glad to be back M, i can't believe i nearly gave the irongame in! i thought i wasn't making enough progress and almost completely threw in the towel, boy am i glad i didn't. I realised that at the time 6 months is not long enough to judge and now im back can see that the long term is what matters and im in it 100% of the way.

yeah i enjoyed some of the old skool posters, marshall penn was always interesting, and there were some aussie's who were also pretty knowledgable and interesting. i mean the best still remain though, i.e. Belial, CD, GG, Tryska, BCC, Budiak, Maki, Bennett, Sat Fev, Beastin and of course you.

B-R

MonStar
11-26-2002, 04:35 PM
glad to be back M, i can't believe i nearly gave the irongame in! i thought i wasn't making enough progress and almost completely threw in the towel, boy am i glad i didn't. I realised that at the time 6 months is not long enough to judge and now im back can see that the long term is what matters and im in it 100% of the way.

Yeah BR f*cking great to have you back. Seriously. Lots of support from you really is great. Hope you do well with the bulk.

yeah i enjoyed some of the old skool posters, marshall penn was always interesting, and there were some aussie's who were also pretty knowledgable and interesting. i mean the best still remain though, i.e. Belial, CD, GG, Tryska, BCC, Budiak, Maki, Bennett, Sat Fev, Beastin and of course you.

B-R

Yeah the best of us are still here. Not that I am saying I am one of the best but I have been around a little while. Belial, chris mason, BCC, Severed Ties, Blood&Iron, TCD, Saturday Fever, ND, you now that youre back, McBain, PowerMan, Paul Stagg, of course Hulk---if it werent for him we wouldnt even be here.

Silverback
11-26-2002, 04:42 PM
oh yeah can't be forgetting Hulk, although does he workout and if so how come he doesnt post much about actual training, diet, jounals etc... is he too busy?

Silverback
11-27-2002, 01:57 PM
27/11/2002

Today feeling much better and ready to get back into the swing of things, ive managed to get half-way through my baseball essay, so im well on track with getting it finished

Shoulder Workout

8 minute Warm-up, skipping rope. Dynamic stretching.

Military Press:
(light warm up 20 reps)

1:70 x 10
2: 85 x 8
3: 75 x 6
Drop Set

Well as i always state my shoulder strength is nothing special, just working at making improvements, just waiting for the day that i will start pressing real weight :)

DB Press:
(light warm up again 16 reps)

2: 40 x 8
3: 40 x 6

After the cut these baby's dipped a bit, but im gradually increasing again and am looking to smash all previous PB's (i should though shouldn't i :) )

Lateral, Front Raises:
(Supersetted)

3 sets

These are a relatively new pair of exercises for me, so im focusing on technique and form to get myself adapted (really felt my rear delts!)

Upright Row:

1: 50 x 12
2: " "

Also a newish exercise just trying to feel my way into increasing the weight, still felt fresh but my strength was poor tbh.

Finished off with shrugs and some ab work; crunches & hanging leg raises.

Summary:
Felt pretty good, want to get back on the bandwagon as soon as possible, the numbers don't show anything yet, but as time shifts, hopefully ill come out of it with high lifting stats.

B-R

Silverback
11-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Quote of the day: : "yes, ive thrown up many times while working out, but it was all worth it! (Arnold Schwarzenegger-Pumping Iron 1977)

Inspirational Pic of the Day:

bradley
11-27-2002, 02:50 PM
[BWell as i always state my shoulder strength is nothing special, just working at making improvements, just waiting for the day that i will start pressing real weight :)

[/B]

I would think so. Just got to keep working because nothing happens overnight.

Do you think the 6 sets of pressing movements along with front raises might be too much volume for the front delts? Just something to think about. Keep up the good work. I also enjoy doing upright rows, which I have incorporated into my workouts every now and then.

Silverback
11-27-2002, 02:56 PM

I would think so. Just got to keep working because nothing happens overnight.

Do you think the 6 sets of pressing movements along with front raises might be too much volume for the front delts? Just something to think about. Keep up the good work. I also enjoy doing upright rows, which I have incorporated into my workouts every now and then.

word Bradly, hows it going man?

Been reading lots of your posts in the nutrition forum, you seem to be a nutri buff (bit like me :))

Thanks for the comments, i never really thought about 6 sets for the front delts, maybe a re-jig is in order (thanks for highlighting), the up-right rows are great and the burn is always intense!

im still waiting for a journal to pop up from you:)

anyway thanks for the support and good luck yourself :)

bradley
11-27-2002, 05:26 PM

word Bradly, hows it going man?

Been reading lots of your posts in the nutrition forum, you seem to be a nutri buff (bit like me :))

Thanks for the comments, i never really thought about 6 sets for the front delts, maybe a re-jig is in order (thanks for highlighting), the up-right rows are great and the burn is always intense!

im still waiting for a journal to pop up from you:)

anyway thanks for the support and good luck yourself :)

Yeah I like reading up on nutrition, since it such a factor in BB. Write now I am reading NHE by Rob Faigan. Good book so far and I really enjoyed Lyle's Ketogenic Diet book as well.

I actually started a journal this week so feel free to offer any advice. Although it does lack the character that a lot of the other journals have. Guess I will keep at it.

MonStar
11-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Nice military press strength BR, keep up the hard work man. Really good Arnold inspirational pic too. Awesome. Eat up today since its Thanksgiving! :D:D

Silverback
11-28-2002, 01:11 PM

Yeah I like reading up on nutrition, since it such a factor in BB. Write now I am reading NHE by Rob Faigan. Good book so far and I really enjoyed Lyle's Ketogenic Diet book as well.

I actually started a journal this week so feel free to offer any advice. Although it does lack the character that a lot of the other journals have. Guess I will keep at it.

Ive bin to your journal bradly, ill be visiting more often too, the lyle book is tempting to read, i know ive finished on the diet.

But if i were to do it again, i would like to read the book, to let me do it even better.

Dont worry about the character thing, above all it should keep you in check to show progress etc... later fella

B-R

Silverback
11-28-2002, 01:14 PM
Nice military press strength BR, keep up the hard work man. Really good Arnold inspirational pic too. Awesome. Eat up today since its Thanksgiving! :D:D

Thanks Mike, but im a bit skeptical as my military sucks! although its an exercise that i have a burning desire to improve. The pics great shame more of WBB aint seen it, i will make my fave pics a regular feature as ive got some real INSPIRATIONS! not only for me but other members.

thanks once again and talk l8er

B-R

Silverback
11-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Back to feeling my good old self today, after 4 nights in a row with 9 0r more hours of sleep, i feel ready for war! Today i was looking forward to a tri/bi workout followed by 4 1/2 hours of lectures! so i wanted to make the workout sweet, so i could sit in the lecture theatre content :)

BI/TRI Combo :

So the workout is here;
Started off by jogging round the block and loosening up, i bet i got some funny looks, but who cares, i dont want to pull/tear no muscles.

Triceps:

Close Grip Bench:
15 rep warm-up set

2: 102 x 9
3: 105 x 7 :eek:

Woohoo set a new PR my new outlook is paying dividends and my strength is starting to oblige. just got to keep the train moving:)

Cable-Push Down:
Warm up set

1: #4 x 13
2: # 5x 12 :eek:
3: #5 x 12 :eek:

Wkd press down i actually felt them, and set a new strength record, boy i was happy so far.

1-Arm DB EXT:

1:15 x 12
2:20 x 9

Never really performed these before, so just dipping into the water, hopefully a good builder for the future, really felt it on the outer head of the tri's.

Biceps:

BB Curl:
Olympic Bar warm up

1:70 x 10
2:80 x 5
3: 60 x 10
4: 70 x 8

Some good curls my strength is getting to what it was, now ive just got to surpass and i should reap the benefits.

DB curl: 35 x 10

just one set did a bit much on the bb

finished with my homemade wrist roller! my forearms were throbbing and the veins were like the london undergorund rail network, super!

Im not sure what my weight is, somewhere round 192lbs, not really bothered aslong as strength and muscles are getting better. Feedback and opinions would be sweet thanks :)

B-R

Silverback
11-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Inspirational Pic of the day:

Probably the best BB pic ever

bradley
11-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Excellent work on the close grip bench. Always makes the rest of the day good when you get a good workout in. Looks like you are moving up every week which is great. Keep progressing like that and your arms will be up to speed in no time. Sometimes when I am pressed for time I will superset skulls with tri-pushdowns which really seems to fry my triceps .

It is hard to believe that people can get that big (in reference to the Arnold pic).

I would recommend reding Lyle's book if for nothing more than to learn a little more about nutrition and how the body works in general. I enjoyed the book even though I have never been on a keto diet.

MonStar
11-29-2002, 07:08 AM
Close Grip Bench:
15 rep warm-up set

2: 102 x 9
3: 105 x 7 :eek:

Cable-Push Down:
Warm up set

1: #4 x 13
2: # 5x 12 :eek:
3: #5 x 12 :eek:

Nice work here BR! :thumbup::thumbup: Impressive man, seriously. Keep setting new PBs and eventually youll be strong as friggin' hell. Around 2 years ago I started to get a little more weight each workout and then finally my strength just went up and up and up. Youll me amazed at what your body can do when you put your mind to it.

By the way---awesome pic of Arnold. One of my favorite pictures of him. Hit lats and traps are massive. Damn.

NateDogg
11-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Nice work B-R, it's a great feeling to set a PB almost every time out :eek:

Silverback
11-29-2002, 12:21 PM

Nice work here BR! :thumbup::thumbup: Impressive man, seriously. Keep setting new PBs and eventually youll be strong as friggin' hell. Around 2 years ago I started to get a little more weight each workout and then finally my strength just went up and up and up. Youll me amazed at what your body can do when you put your mind to it.

By the way---awesome pic of Arnold. One of my favorite pictures of him. Hit lats and traps are massive. Damn.

Much appreciated Mike, i think that the cutting period was like a realisation for me, that the workouts were not cutting it (excuse pun) (intensity wise) now i have some kind of new drive and workouts seem much more productive.

Its like i was running in 4th gear then the shake up helped me reach 5th :D

your right im starting to feel anything is possible, especially attaining respectable lifts.

glad you liked the pic :)

B-R

Silverback
11-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by NateDogg
Nice work B-R, it's a great feeling to set a PB almost every time out :eek:

word, pb's are like cuming, you are so happy and elated when you set them, you feel like a champion :).

thanks for posting, hope you enjoyed ur thanksgiving.

Silverback
11-29-2002, 02:00 PM
Today is a day of rest :) i think i deserve it with this weeks training, but my next scheduled session is monday, i feel that this is a bit too big gap to leave, what do you guys think?

i will be playing soccer tommorow against the top side in the division so i suppose my legs will get a blasting, (mostly sprints as i play striker).

Im toying with the idea of a cheat day, even though im eating around 2800-3000 cals a day should i have a cheat day/meal? i did last time i bulked but my legs/glutes seemed to gain quite a bit of BF, whats your opinions?

sorry for the questions, but i figure that it is the best way to get answers, as the people who read my journal know me and training/diet well.

later guys B-R

Silverback
11-29-2002, 02:19 PM
INSPIRATIONAL PIC OF THE DAY:

it is a pic of Sergio Olivia for those unaware, some of the old skool guys were the best imo :)

B-R

NateDogg
11-29-2002, 02:19 PM
I take two days off quite often. I do not feel it's too big of a gap at all

Silverback
11-29-2002, 02:20 PM
yeah i take 2 days, but this stint will be three i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

NateDogg
11-29-2002, 02:42 PM
yeah i take 2 days, but this stint will be three i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Oh yeah, that counting thing gets me every time. You'll still be fine, IMHO. I last lifted Wednesday and will not be back until tomorrow. Then I'll just lift again Sunday so I can get back on track.

bradley
11-29-2002, 02:42 PM
With the soccer game I don't see any problem with taking 3 days off. A soccer game can be a pretty intense workout in itself. I think the idea of cheat meal helps me stay on my diet and gives me something to look forward to. I have mine on Saturday night that way I can have a few drinks and then I let that be it for the rest of the week. If you don't feel the need then don't take one, but the greatest benefit is psychological IMO.

Sergio has some massive arms especially forearms. That pose he does with his arms extended overhead is unbelievable.

Silverback
11-29-2002, 02:46 PM

Oh yeah, that counting thing gets me every time. You'll still be fine, IMHO. I last lifted Wednesday and will not be back until tomorrow. Then I'll just lift again Sunday so I can get back on track.

its alright, thanks for the posts, talk to you later bro :)

B-R

Silverback
11-29-2002, 02:49 PM
With the soccer game I don't see any problem with taking 3 days off. A soccer game can be a pretty intense workout in itself. I think the idea of cheat meal helps me stay on my diet and gives me something to look forward to. I have mine on Saturday night that way I can have a few drinks and then I let that be it for the rest of the week. If you don't feel the need then don't take one, but the greatest benefit is psychological IMO.

Sergio has some massive arms especially forearms. That pose he does with his arms extended overhead is unbelievable.

yup, i think the soccer game will keep things in check, especially with the intensity of recent weeks.

i think i will stick with the cheat day/meal, it will help me stay motivated more than anything, although my diet is usually spot on.

Sergio's overhead is wkd also, that pose will be one for the future.

thanks again

B-R

MonStar
11-29-2002, 11:15 PM
BR:

My glucophage order is coming from the UK so I hope that it gets here soon. They said anywhere from 5-28 days. So thats not too reliable, LOL.

Silverback
11-30-2002, 02:51 AM
BR:

My glucophage order is coming from the UK so I hope that it gets here soon. They said anywhere from 5-28 days. So thats not too reliable, LOL.

lol, its same for me and the USA, i ordered some ZMA and it took nearly 4 months, i also ordered an arm blaster from New York Dumbbells which has so far failed to reach me, they have even stopped responding to emails.

i payed $40 for shipping! are you allowed to post which company you bought from?

B-R

Silverback
11-30-2002, 11:04 AM
Devastated! didn't play soccer today. due to a ban that id recieved although it was only processed last week! hell i was mad, at least there was no chance for catabolism:D

I took my shirt off to get ready before i knew, and got some pretty confidence boosting comments, like " jesus winners what the fcuk have you been taking? & "how massive are you?"

it was nice but im still a long way from where i want to be, and their all probably not used to seeing someone over 150lbs as soccer players are renound for being very slight :).

Feeling a bit frustrated tbh as i have lots of energy, maybe ill go and do some intervals to keep me happy.

"nice light bulbs emily!"

B-R

Silverback
11-30-2002, 11:16 AM
INSPIRATIONAL PIC OF THE DAY:

Its Dorian day! :eek: i didn't really like his attitude, but boy he was good.

Silverback
12-01-2002, 04:43 AM
Last night was hetic to say the least, got into a fight because some guy hit on my mates girlfriend, which in turn created a mass brawl outside a pub, luckily at this point i hadent had alot to drink (bout 4 buds i think). The best part was i emerged unscathed whereas some of the guys were in peices! i managed to old my own and dish some out too :)

Wanted to tell ya'll cos ive never been involved in anything like that. Later on in the evening some of the lads were asking me about BB, some of the questions were respectable, but some were daft! i just had to laugh. Then one guy says "ive got some dumbbells at home lets go and get massive! which made me laugh even more.

Diet was decent yesterday i allotted it as my cheat day, so i had some buds and chocolate, chips that kinda stuff but nothing extreme.

later, im feeling a bit woozy, so im off for a lie down.

B-R

enjoy this pic, it will probably be me in 5 years time:D

MonStar
12-01-2002, 08:04 AM
LOL, I really like the cartoon lat spread BR. Awesome pic. I wish my lats were like that. I want lats that STAND OUT. I mean even in layers of clothes. For example if I am wearing a hooded sweatshirt I really would like my lats to stick out even in the sweatshirt. Noticeably huge lats.

Silverback
12-01-2002, 08:31 AM
LOL, I really like the cartoon lat spread BR. Awesome pic. I wish my lats were like that. I want lats that STAND OUT. I mean even in layers of clothes. For example if I am wearing a hooded sweatshirt I really would like my lats to stick out even in the sweatshirt. Noticeably huge lats.

Same here Mike, lats have now become my favourite bodypart, they have something about them that creates a perfect picture.

Ive been doing some more reading on metaformin and they seem to curb appetite somewhat dramatically. I then considered your situation and wondered whether they were right for you, because your after strength and size. Although high doses do seem to accomodate high muscle glycogen storage and incredible pumps, i read somewhere that it was like ALA on Steroids!

B-R

MonStar
12-01-2002, 08:34 AM
Same here Mike, lats have now become my favourite bodypart, they have something about them that creates a perfect picture.

Ive been doing some more reading on metaformin and they seem to curb appetite somewhat dramatically. I then considered your situation and wondered whether they were right for you, because your after strength and size. Although high doses do seem to accomodate high muscle glycogen storage and incredible pumps, i read somewhere that it was like ALA on Steroids!

B-R

Agreed BR. I have read in numerous places that Metformin was like ALA on 'roids. Basically just increased pumps, increased pumps during high-carb meals, etc. Also a curbed appetitie and increased glycogen storage. Really looking forward to getting it in the mail!! Will most likely be here anywhere from Monday-Wednesday.

Silverback
12-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Phew, sweet day got in a good workout plus i had 9hours sleep the night before, so things are good. Despite the fracas on saturday i recovered pretty well and felt fighting fit.

I saw spiderman last night, didn't really want to, but my mates were watching it and went round, the only bit i was interested in was to see how big Toby Maguire was, after many females had gone on about his bod.

Oh dear, he didn't look special at all, alright an improvement from what he was, but no Monstar! anyway it was alright, bit too predictable, but it was nice enough.

12/02/02

Chest & Back Workout:
Felt fully prepared to get through a decent workout, i read a Dan Hall article the other day about form, which was always in the back of my mind so i tried not to ego lift if so to speak.

4 min warm-up on rower:

DB Bench:
1: 55x 9
2: 55 x 8
3: 55 x 8

Well the weight was down a bit, but my chest strength has seemed to decline somehow, i did fully focus on form. But i got a great pump & burn so things weren't too bad, as long as i progress next week, smiles will be present. (Also did light warm-up set)

Incline Bench:

1:55x 10
2: 55x 6

Same story again, felt it nicely, long way off my PB but theres time and ill chase it as hard as i can to get there.

Dips:

1: BW x 8
2: Bw x 6

Well these were pretty good, the bottom of my chest was friggin killing me, felt like it was on fire. Last weeks workout seemed to have subtracted strength, but as a workout it was quality none the less.

Wide G Chins:

1: BW x 9
2: BW x 8
3: BW x 8 (Aid)

Good stuff, i worked hard and went as slow as possible, my damn biceps were pounding and my forearms were about to explode. But lats were hardly involved, which im finding quite strange, as im getting good form, but lat involvement appears to be missing.

1-Arm Db Row:

1: 45 x 15
2: 55 x 12

Worked hard on these bad boys and my lats now got the work they were asking for, really felt it and went 100% for form, which really stung me.

Cable Rows:

2: 120 x 8 :eek:
3:120 x 6

wow this was brill, i dont know where the strength came from but i pushed the limits and really got some good work, the funny thing was just before the set i had a big rush of aggression in me, i think i took it out on the weights!

End: Finished with some nice hanging leg raises, felt pretty burned after the workout and was looking forward to a shower. Weighed in at 195lbs i think this gain has something to do with being back on carbs and water retention, although i did eat a bit much over the weekend, but its alright as long as it doesn't become a regular occurance.

keep tonked up!

B-R

Silverback
12-02-2002, 01:27 PM
I cant believe that only 5 people viewed the Dorian pic! boy were they missing out :)

Todays Pic features none other than superman himself Lee Priest

GeneticallyGifted
12-02-2002, 01:47 PM
With all the inspirational pics I was expecting to see one of you in all your glory. Where are those at...?? Lets see the progress that you have made.

G

Silverback
12-02-2002, 02:38 PM
With all the inspirational pics I was expecting to see one of you in all your glory. Where are those at...?? Lets see the progress that you have made.

G

lol, in due time court, hows things with you? aint heard from you in a bit. I'll get some more pics done as soon as i feel right to, at the moment im feeling flat. Want to try and make an impact when post my next set, so i can get better feedback and thus more views and posts in the journal :)

later Court.

B-R

bradley
12-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Good work on the dumb rows. I would definetly increase the weight if you are getting 12 reps with good form. Keep it up man, and if you run across any good articles while poking around on the net send them my way. Always looking for a good read.

Silverback
12-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Good work on the dumb rows. I would definetly increase the weight if you are getting 12 reps with good form. Keep it up man, and if you run across any good articles while poking around on the net send them my way. Always looking for a good read.

cheers for the feedback bradly, appreciated :)

Im running accross decent articles all the time, what with my uni course and my love for bodybuilding. Whats your email address? whenever i come accross something decent i'll sort you out.

GeneticallyGifted
12-02-2002, 03:10 PM

lol, in due time court, hows things with you? aint heard from you in a bit. I'll get some more pics done as soon as i feel right to, at the moment im feeling flat. Want to try and make an impact when post my next set, so i can get better feedback and thus more views and posts in the journal :)

later Court.

B-R

I was out of the forums due to the holiday of Thanksgiving here in the states. I loaded up on fatty foods and all, took a good 4 days off as well. I took some pix not to long ago and as soon as the roll is done I will post'em.

You have made progress, so post that. It will show in the pictures, the density that you have gained along with the weight that you have gained. If you learned to flex better that will show as well. There are dramatic changes that we see that you may not. Remember the journey is what is important not just the end result.

Good Luck

G

MonStar
12-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Nice chest and back workout BR, crazy that your strength was a little down on a few exercises. Not sure what the problem is bro. Hang in there man, stuff like that has happened to me before. Dont sweat it. Just up your intensity during your next chest and back session.

Silverback
12-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Nice chest and back workout BR, crazy that your strength was a little down on a few exercises. Not sure what the problem is bro. Hang in there man, stuff like that has happened to me before. Dont sweat it. Just up your intensity during your next chest and back session.

Thanks Mike, it was weird, i tried lifting my usual weights but nothing happened i was like a grounded ship, maybe its due to last weekends mistakes with alcohol and trying to lift whether it be pyschological or physiological, who knows? As long as i lift more next week things will be dandy.

Ive been thinking about changing my routine, i.e. removing back from chest day because having the two paried will impair the latter muscles worked. Im currently reading around and working out a new sensible, split. I was happy but in another attempt for growth, a change may be recuired.

talk later mike :)

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-03-2002, 01:24 PM
I think that the change maybe a good idea. I like to seperate the larger muscle groups from one another. Even though it works well for others it doesn't for me. There is just no way I could give a 100% for each body part if I did them on the same day. Intensity may improve and spark growth. Whatever you decided I'm in ya corner.

G

Silverback
12-03-2002, 01:39 PM
I think that the change maybe a good idea. I like to seperate the larger muscle groups from one another. Even though it works well for others it doesn't for me. There is just no way I could give a 100% for each body part if I did them on the same day. Intensity may improve and spark growth. Whatever you decided I'm in ya corner.

G

Thanks for the support Court, you know its always welcome. Only problem is how to configure it to get the best possible growth. Alright 100% effort/intensity does alot and i'll be the first to admit that maybe i havent pushed myself enough. but an equally sound planned program can aid that little bit extra and supercompensation will more than likely equal super growth.

I was thinking on the lines of:

Day1: Chest & Biceps

Day2:Legs

Day3: Shoulders

Day4: Rest

Day 5: Back & Triceps

Day6: Rest

Day7: Rest

What do you think to that re-jig? looks okay to me, my only concern is training three days in a row, but it is only 4 body parts over this 3 days, so maybe thats a leveller. Any views anyone to help me out?

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-03-2002, 01:57 PM
I like this:

Chest & triceps

Legs

Rest

Back & biceps

Shoulders & Traps

Rest

Rest

That is not bad or just put the rest time in between each day. Kinda like this;

Chest & Tri

Rest

Back & Bi

Rest

Legs

Rest

Shoulders& Traps

I think either one of those will work. It depends on your bodies recovery time. The volume that you think you are going to do as well as other variables. Everything has variables or reasons for something.

Tell me what you think and I will help you set it up.

Court

Silverback
12-03-2002, 02:34 PM
thanks i prefer the first one of your suggestions that would work well for me i think.

As for volume/intensity etc... im still learning tbh, i know ive said this alot but ive only been training for 7 going on 8 months, and even though ive made great gains, there are still alot of areas that need attention.

One thing that gets to me is that i rarely break-sweat in a workout, this must have something to do with intensity right? if so what should i do am i not working my self hard enough, even tho im doing the right set/rep ranges?

B-R

MonStar
12-03-2002, 02:37 PM
Day1: Chest & Biceps
Day2:Legs
Day3: Shoulders
Day4: Rest
Day 5: Back & Triceps
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Instead of doing 3 on / 1 off, then 1 on / 2 off---why not consider 2 on / 1 off, 2 on / 2 off? Because if you take a look at what youre doing youre training chest on Day 1, and delts on Day 3. So I have a feeling that youre going to be seriously overtraining your front delts. Maybe make shoulders on Day 4. Just my $.02.

Silverback
12-03-2002, 02:46 PM

Instead of doing 3 on / 1 off, then 1 on / 2 off---why not consider 2 on / 1 off, 2 on / 2 off? Because if you take a look at what youre doing youre training chest on Day 1, and delts on Day 3. So I have a feeling that youre going to be seriously overtraining your front delts. Maybe make shoulders on Day 4. Just my $.02.

Hmmm... ye thats seems to be the feedback ive got, i will begin to leave a longer rest period for the front delts from my next weekly cycle. For the remainder of the week, i will use as an adaptive phase to prepare me for an onslaught next week :)

cheers for the tips guys, you know its always welcomed.]

B-R

bradley
12-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Yeah I agree with Monstar about overtraining your delts, and GG's suggestions seemed like they might work well for you, or you could just go for the push/pull/legs split. I am confident you will work it out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sweating thing. I know some guys who are sweating like crazy during their workouts and others who never seem to break a sweat even after a hard set of squats or deads. You know if you are going all out or not, and sweating is not an accurate indicator of intensity IMO.

Thanks for the article B-R. Had some good points.

Silverback
12-03-2002, 03:00 PM
Yeah I agree with Monstar about overtraining your delts, and GG's suggestions seemed like they might work well for you, or you could just go for the push/pull/legs split. I am confident you will work it out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sweating thing. I know some guys who are sweating like crazy during their workouts and others who never seem to break a sweat even after a hard set of squats or deads. You know if you are going all out or not, and sweating is not an accurate indicator of intensity IMO.

Thanks for the article B-R. Had some good points.

your right bradly, sweating isn't really an indicator, suppose just trying to find reasons for why im not 300lbs of sheers mass:D , really i know what ive got to do and now is the perfect time to chase the goals.

No probs for the article, hope you gained something from it, if you want specific articles then just shout, whether it be diet/body part/ AAS related.

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-03-2002, 03:04 PM
I really don't sweat that much at all, during cardio(when I used to do it) or hitting the weights either. Intensity is not judged by that...

G

Silverback
12-03-2002, 03:07 PM
I really don't sweat that much at all, during cardio(when I used to do it) or hitting the weights either. Intensity is not judged by that...

G

I suppose its more to do with effort in the sets/reps and shortening the rest periods between sets to get a better intensity, right.

GeneticallyGifted
12-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Of course. Intensity is hard to explain...it basically how you treat the muscle and how focused you are in getting hypertrophy.

G'd up!

NateDogg
12-03-2002, 03:57 PM
*chants* PUSH - PULL - LEGS!! PUSH - PULL - LEGS!! PUSH - PULL - LEGS!! PUSH - PULL - LEGS!!

:D

Silverback
12-03-2002, 04:05 PM
*chants* PUSH - PULL - LEGS!! PUSH - PULL - LEGS!! PUSH - PULL - LEGS!! PUSH - PULL - LEGS!!

:D

lol, im not sure about this method, ive heard alot about it, but not sure how to apply, maybe it could be incorporated soon or in the future, either way i'll have to build up some knowledge base around the training style.

B-R

Silverback
12-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Havent posted diet in a bit, mainly because i have a good grasp of nutrition and implement a good level of self control. When at uni its like a mass cooking fest as its the only way i can get my cals throughout the day without having to eat mass amounts in one go :)

Meal 1: Eggs, Milk, Oats & PB (450cals)

Meal 2: Myoplex MRP & Milk (400cals)

Meal 3: Chicken, Wholewheat bread, salad, cottage cheese (500 cals)

Meal 4: Tuna, mayo, rye bread and PB (450 cals)

Meal 5: Pork escalopes, super noodles ( 600 cals)

Meal 6: Egg omlette (400 cals)

Daily total: 2800 cals

Alright as usual, trying to limit myself a bit to ensure that i dont gain to much fat, lately ive been dipping between 2700 and 3000 cals so im pretty happy, cant really assess my new gains as two weeks is not really a valid picture painted.

you know im gonna do it intense:)

B-R

bradley
12-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Diet is looking good B-R. Has your weight increased any over the past two weeks?

GeneticallyGifted
12-04-2002, 02:59 PM
Diet looks well developed, and I know that you are following to the T. I'm pretty sure you will be 200+ lbs quickly. I do want to say that you have great determination.

Oh, I know that you play soccer and I remember you saying that you coach wanted you smaller, what are you gonna do?

G'd up!

Silverback
12-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Diet is looking good B-R. Has your weight increased any over the past two weeks?

thanks bradly i like to have good control over what i put in my mouth so that if im not growing i know where the problem is, i.e. training too much/little etc...

as for my weight its up at 195/96lbs a few pounds but thats always expected when changing nutrients in one direction or other, my arms stand as of 4/12/02 at 14" which is a slight increase, this is a real problem area and i want them to expand to 15.5" at least by next March :) My legs, glutes, calfs i am happy with, arms, back, shoulders, chest all need attention.

Just a matter of digging my heels in and working like a trooper

later

B-R

Silverback
12-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Diet looks well developed, and I know that you are following to the T. I'm pretty sure you will be 200+ lbs quickly. I do want to say that you have great determination.

Oh, I know that you play soccer and I remember you saying that you coach wanted you smaller, what are you gonna do?

G'd up!

thanks man it really means alot for those kinda comments. i agree on the 200lbs+ i should have no problems getting up their, luckily i have an average metabolism so i dont have to resort to filling my face every hour or so.

The soccer question is a real dillemma, i think about it all the time, i mean i used to have a reputation of being a great striker, but i look at the likes of you GG and all the other pros's, decent BB's and think wow, the thing is i love muscles.

They aren't just a spectacle, they have so much more that comes with it e.g. confidence, praise, self fulfilment, acheivement, goals set and attained, attention, happiness etc... i could go on forever.

I think i am destined to do be a BB even though i may never make it to a big uk show, i feel that i can get myself where i can look in the mirror and say 'yes' this is whats made it all worth it.

So i say screw being small, there is no rewards for the small guy imo, soccer has had its time, but now i must do something else, oh yeah ill still play soccer but not as serious, i think at the end of the season ill ask for a transfer and take a step or two back.

splendid B-R

beastin v6
12-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey B-R
Keep it up dawg. It takes time.

I was on a similar situation but not quite like yours when i started to lift. You see I started to lose weight for KARATE, but after I got into bodybuilding I changed. I truely loved martial arts but decided to devote my time and energy to bodybuilding. Sure I might never become a Pro BB but this is what I love doing. I wont lie to you, I might and probably will join back to my old school. I was their for 4 years and stopped about 1 year ago. I really miss it believe it or not, but money is a BIG issue too you know.

peace

MonStar
12-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Meal 1: Eggs, Milk, Oats & PB (450cals)

Meal 2: Myoplex MRP & Milk (400cals)

Meal 3: Chicken, Wholewheat bread, salad, cottage cheese (500 cals)

Meal 4: Tuna, mayo, rye bread and PB (450 cals)

Meal 5: Pork escalopes, super noodles ( 600 cals)

Meal 6: Egg omlette (400 cals)

Daily total: 2800 cals

Diet is looking good BR, hopefully this calorie range will help you out for a slow bulk. See how things go and if youre not gaining 1-1.5 lbs. a week maybe increase your calories a few hundred. Always hard to increase your calories though when youre worried about fat gain, haha.

Silverback
12-05-2002, 08:24 AM
Hey B-R
Keep it up dawg. It takes time.

I was on a similar situation but not quite like yours when i started to lift. You see I started to lose weight for KARATE, but after I got into bodybuilding I changed. I truely loved martial arts but decided to devote my time and energy to bodybuilding. Sure I might never become a Pro BB but this is what I love doing. I wont lie to you, I might and probably will join back to my old school. I was their for 4 years and stopped about 1 year ago. I really miss it believe it or not, but money is a BIG issue too you know.

peace

Thanks marra,

i hear you on your karate issue, i used to do it a bit when i was younger, but then opportunities and time became an issue and i eventually faded out. Bodybuilding seem to be more satisfying than anything else ive ever tried and i cant see how i could ever take it out of my life.

B-R

Silverback
12-05-2002, 08:29 AM

Diet is looking good BR, hopefully this calorie range will help you out for a slow bulk. See how things go and if youre not gaining 1-1.5 lbs. a week maybe increase your calories a few hundred. Always hard to increase your calories though when youre worried about fat gain, haha.

yeah the diet is good, i tend to eat a few 100 more on training days, i want to go as efficient as i can, on this bulk as in the long run it ought to pay dividends. lol @ fat gain, yup i dont like fat it repulses me :)

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-05-2002, 08:35 AM

thanks man it really means alot for those kinda comments. i agree on the 200lbs+ i should have no problems getting up their, luckily i have an average metabolism so i dont have to resort to filling my face every hour or so.

The soccer question is a real dillemma, i think about it all the time, i mean i used to have a reputation of being a great striker, but i look at the likes of you GG and all the other pros's, decent BB's and think wow, the thing is i love muscles.

They aren't just a spectacle, they have so much more that comes with it e.g. confidence, praise, self fulfilment, acheivement, goals set and attained, attention, happiness etc... i could go on forever.

I think i am destined to do be a BB even though i may never make it to a big uk show, i feel that i can get myself where i can look in the mirror and say 'yes' this is whats made it all worth it.

So i say screw being small, there is no rewards for the small guy imo, soccer has had its time, but now i must do something else, oh yeah ill still play soccer but not as serious, i think at the end of the season ill ask for a transfer and take a step or two back.

splendid B-R

WOW!!!! That was just beautiful. You basically summed up how most BB's feel.

Props to you...and you journey to a Big UK Show. It will happen, know that.

G'd Up!

Silverback
12-05-2002, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
[B]

:)thanks court are you at work now?

i get confused with times as being in the uk and the majority of the BB's being from the US really throws me, over here it is now 2.51pm and im at uni just finnished 2hrs of lectures

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-05-2002, 08:53 AM
Yup, I'm at work. It is 9:00am here....

That time difference is so weird. My whole diet is gonna be whacked out when I come over there.

JEEEEZZ!

Court

Silverback
12-05-2002, 12:36 PM
So today was the last day that i will combine bi's/tri's in the same workout for a while, since i started this has been the route ive followed but im changing things around a bit, to help motivation and to just shake some growth.

BI's Tri's:

General

Felt good, signs of tendonitis are creeping back in with my knees which is pretty scary, because i thought i had got rid of the pain.

DOMS had been completely removed from mondays chest work out, and legs were no longer sore after i gave them some good recuperation i.e. stretching, light jogging.

The Workout:

Warm-up

Close Grip Bench:
Light warm up set

1:95x 12
2:106 x 9
3:112 x 3.5:eek:

jesus christ! i smashed past my last weeks pb by nearly 10lbs, i didn't realise till after the workout when i looked at last weeks records!:) I think a vein popped out of my head when i got the second rep up and when i got the 3rd well it was like fighting Mike Tyson.

Tri Press-Down:
Warm up

1:#3x 15
2:#5x 12
3:#5x10
4:#5x10

Well added another set from last week, at the moment i cant add another resistance or form will go out of the window, another set did the business to fry my tri's well and truely.

1arm-over-press:

1:20.2x 12
2:23 x 10

Increased the weight from last week, which was no surprise really and felt comfortable, tbh i didn't really feel it that well, but time will tell.

BB Curl:
light 15 rep warm up

1:50 x 12
2: 77 x 10
3: 66 x 10

Sweet work on the curls, felt it well but my god damn right wrist was hurting badly, i cant explain it but it was painful. I probably could have lifted more if it wasn't for my wrist.

DB Curl:

1:35 x 10
2:38 x 8
3:35 x 10

Increased on the second set, which felt good and my wrists felt much better on these. My bi's were too tired to go for any PB's in this sessio, must aim for it next week:)

I wrapped up with a few wrist rollers, my 4arms were throbbing, it felt amazing!

I'll update on my arms feelings over the next few days, keep smiling

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-05-2002, 12:51 PM
Have you implimented the neck work out anywhere yet?? What are you changing your routine to now? I see that there is going to be changes made...what might they be?

G'd Up!

Silverback
12-05-2002, 01:24 PM
Have you implimented the neck work out anywhere yet?? What are you changing your routine to now? I see that there is going to be changes made...what might they be?

G'd Up!

alrite big man,

those are good questions, i will answer them both.

1: Ive been doing some neck work as prescribed, although i have not put it in my journal, as i did the workouts separate at home.

involving the weight on 4head and pushing up against the resistance for about 15-20 reps, and some side resistance exercisies for three sets on each, ive been feeling it pretty well and ive already increased to a 10lbs plate on my nut.

2: Well im thinking of doing what you advised me, last week, my routine at the moment will hopefully look like this

Mon: Chest & Bi's
Tue:Legs
Wed: Rest
Thur: Shoulders, traps
Fri: Back and tri's
Sat:rest
Sun:rest

im toying with it, but unsure if anyone could advise a better routine, i would appreciate it, as long as it fits in.

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Why are you doing Bi's with Chest instead of Tri's with Chest and Bi's with Back...just asking don't change it if you have a valid reason.

Court

Silverback
12-05-2002, 02:12 PM
I thought that the tri's got a grilling from the chest work, and the bi's from back work, thus i swapped them to allow for better recovery.

Or is this counterproductive? i know it is the norm to do back&bi, chest&tri, just thought i would incorporate some of my own ideas.
thoughts?

GeneticallyGifted
12-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Thats cool, that reasoning seems to be valid. I didn't even think of that. Maybe I'll try your theory out for myself.

Court

Silverback
12-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Thats cool, that reasoning seems to be valid. I didn't even think of that. Maybe I'll try your theory out for myself.

Court

really? i think i may post it in the training forum to see what the whole board thinks, do you think i should do this?

B-R

bradley
12-05-2002, 02:48 PM
B-R

I would go with training traps along with back and shoulders with tri's. The triceps will already be good and warm after shoulders and the same applies to your traps. Just make sure to keep in mind that your rear delt comes into play on rowing exercises and you will be training shoulders the day before back. What about something like this:

Mon:shoulders/tri's
Tues:legs
Wed:rest
Thur:chest
Fri:back/bi's

This is more along the lines of GG mentioned and but you have to find out what is right for you. I didn't incude traps in the split but I would do a set or two of shrugs and that should be sufficient, especially if you perform deads with your back workout. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Bradley

Silverback
12-06-2002, 03:02 PM
B-R

I would go with training traps along with back and shoulders with tri's. The triceps will already be good and warm after shoulders and the same applies to your traps. Just make sure to keep in mind that your rear delt comes into play on rowing exercises and you will be training shoulders the day before back. What about something like this:

Mon:shoulders/tri's
Tues:legs
Wed:rest
Thur:chest
Fri:back/bi's

This is more along the lines of GG mentioned and but you have to find out what is right for you. I didn't incude traps in the split but I would do a set or two of shrugs and that should be sufficient, especially if you perform deads with your back workout. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Bradley

cheers bradly, ive acted on it as you probably know, with my post in the training forum. Thanks for the input though, good suggestions. Yeah deadlifts work my traps real good:) i usually just do a couple sets of shrugs due to this.

B-R

Silverback
12-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Well i commented on my knee trouble the other day, but today things have gotten even worse, and if i ever want to get it right the doctor has advised surgery for it :(. Damn tendonitis, that will probably stop me from squatting for a bit also. Which could be a nuisance to my gains.

Although the way my other lifts are going, im swayed to think otherwise, after yesterdays arm fest, i did some shoulder work and set a new PR yet again (details to come).

Just finnished a supposed 3000word essay on the development of baseball in America, but im about 500 over the word limit, ill need work over the weekend on it, damn. I was so happy with it aswell.

Inspirational pic of the week! ive decided to move it to a weekly spot as viewing levels were relatively poorer and it probably takes up vital bandwith:)

everybody enjoy this pic from the off-season hall of fame!

NateDogg
12-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Just finnished a supposed 3000word essay on the development of baseball in America, but im about 500 over the word limit, ill need work over the weekend on it, damn. I was so happy with it aswell.

I would very much like to read this.

Silverback
12-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Really. once its finnished i'll get you a copy. I was quite surprised to be honest at how it developed, its not all red and rosey. There was so much scandal, and negative issues to consider.

My perception of the sport before i started looking into it was, something like 'the game of kings' but it is in fact a seriously troubled sport.

B-R

The Calvinator
12-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Well i commented on my knee trouble the other day, but today things have gotten even worse, and if i ever want to get it right the doctor has advised surgery for it . Damn tendonitis, that will probably stop me from squatting for a bit also. Which could be a nuisance to my gains.
I know how you feel. I cant do any heavy leg work or squatting for that matter. I think you should definetly get the surgery before it gets worse. Good luck with it:thumbup:

Silverback
12-06-2002, 03:56 PM
I shunned surgery last i had the same injury, i left it and here two years later i thought i was healed and time was tight due to the fact that i was busy with my A-levels at college, now at university things are more flexible. Thanks for the support Calvinator :) appreciated. Just hope that everything goes to plan if i go ahead.

MonStar
12-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Good luck formulating an excellent new workout split / program BR, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Crazy pic of Lee Priest man! Damn, that guy is friggin' massive.

Silverback
12-07-2002, 03:48 AM
Good luck formulating an excellent new workout split / program BR, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Crazy pic of Lee Priest man! Damn, that guy is friggin' massive.

thanks mike, my head is spinning with all the different opinions that i have had presented, still got 2 days to finalise so, should come to a conclusion by then.

That pic of lee priest is ace, gives you an insight into the size that they really are, lee especially being about 5'3-4!

auf wiedersein

B-R

beastin v6
12-07-2002, 05:49 AM

DB Curl:

1:35 x 10
2:38 x 8
3:35 x 10

Hey why dont you do 40lb within the next 2 workouts. Im sure in two more week you can do 40lb atleast 8-9 times. If you really push yourself to the limits. Anyways stay motivated.

peace

Silverback
12-07-2002, 05:55 AM
Good point,

I think that i should be able to do that in my next workout no problem. If i push myself, but after my bb curls i was a bit fatigued.

Ill let you know how i get on, thanks for the tip fella.

B-R

Silverback
12-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Hi folks,

Some serious DOMS going on in tha Delts, my god its horrible, luckily it is a rest day. And ive been able to get on with some work for two of the modules in my university course. (Only 1 more week till i finish for X-mas:D )

How i wish my computer was in my room, at the moment its downstairs and people have been bugging me all day, first off some mates wanted me to go shopping, but as work was more important i shunned them. Then they started pestering me for a lift i told em i was real busy and got on with my work.

My mum was next on the offensive (dont see her much due to university) she was moaning how big i have become and couldn't understand why i would want to become bigger (i didn't even explain, cos i couldn't be bothered with her whining). Eventually i got on with some kickass work and i felt pretty good.

Knee has eased a bit, but thats probably due to the amount of painkillers ive been taking :), still stiff as hell. Tonight im going to do some more work as i feel christmas will be a whole lot easier without any worries on my mind.

Looking forward to starting a new routine next week, not entirely sure how it will look but rest assured it will be in good order by Monday.

Anyhow better shut up now, i think ive talked enough for one post.

B-R

Silverback
12-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Salut,

Brutal workout today guys, im feeling it big time already. The split i finally decided on was:

mon:chest & bi's
tue: wheels
wed:rest
thur:shoulders & tri's
fri: back & traps
sat: rest
sun: rest

Im pretty happy with it's design, hst and push-pull-legs were real tempting but i think meat and potatoes is where its at :) And if i dont like it after a few months then i can always change.

Got my first marked assessment back, passed it no problem some areas could have been better but it was good enough to leave me with a worry free exam:)

So to the workout which was back and biceps.

No soreness apart from knee which is still giving me problems, but im dealing with it. I felt fresh after the two rest days and ready for action.

Warm-up: Spent 10mins on the rower instead of the usual 5, because some overweight-middle age women was doing some whacky version of the tricep extension! looked more like she was playing with a rattle.

Db: Bench: Light repping warm up

1:60 x 12
2:60x 10
3: 70x 5 :)
4: 55 x 8

ye old strength is coming back one rep off my 70's best, although this time i didn't bother a spotter which was more confidence boosting imo.

Incline db:

1: 65 x 8
2: 60 x 9
3: 60 x 6

Good work on these i was pretty tired, as i tried to up the intensity and reduce rest times. Still some good weights lifted and i felt it real good.

DB Flyes:

1: 35 x 12
2: 45 x 12
3: 45 x 8

Its been ages since ive try'd with these, not bad for the long period off. It was serious tension going on.

Wide-G-Pull-up:

1: BW x 10
2: Bw x 8
3 Bw+10 x 8
4: Bw (assist) x 6

Boy felt good with this my arms seem to be getting stronger all the time, i probably could of done more but didn't want to chance over-training:)

Seated DB incline curl:

1: 25 x 10
2: 35 x 8
3: 25 x 6

omg my arms were drained at this point and i thought my brachialis was going to explode it was intense burn and pump.

Preacher bb machine curl:

1: #6 x 12
2: #8 x 9
3: #8 x 8

really good sets here, my strength felt good here and the pump was also very prominent, surprised i could complete them after the early sets, but pushed through.

I finnished off with some hanging legs raises nice exercise and the burn really feels good. Today ive eaten a great deal as i was ravenous, although i probably deserved it.

I also got some tips on where my form was lagging which i will talk about more in a bit, for now i must go and eat. later peeps

B-R

beastin v6
12-09-2002, 02:07 PM
let the party begin.!

NateDogg
12-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Salut,

Brutal workout today guys, im feeling it big time already. The split i finally decided on was:

Im pretty happy with it's design, hst and push-pull-legs were real tempting but i think meat and potatoes is where its at :) And if i dont like it after a few months then i can always change.

So to the workout which was back and biceps.

Just can't get it out of your head can you BAWAHAHAHA!!!!

Push, pull, legs reference of course :D

Silverback
12-09-2002, 02:14 PM
lol@ nate, i really appreciated your help when looking into it, but i think it may get its chance next near some time. :)

NateDogg
12-09-2002, 02:15 PM
lol@ nate, i really appreciated your help when looking into it, but i think it may get its chance next near some time. :)

:cool:

Silverback
12-09-2002, 02:17 PM
let the party begin.!

thanks, i think:confused:

bradley
12-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Looks like you had a good workout today. I was wondering how the weight gain was coming along. Still making forward progress? I was also wondering if you take any supps beside protien powder?

Silverback
12-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Looks like you had a good workout today. I was wondering how the weight gain was coming along. Still making forward progress? I was also wondering if you take any supps beside protien powder?

yup todays workout was brill, just what i needed. Ive gained a few pounds so far, its left me wondering , should i start eating some more? i mean i have been gaining be it small increases. But will gaining a bit more fat really matter that much?

thats my biggest dillema so far on the new bulk, i might start throwing in a few hundred cals here and there like Mike suggested to spur some more growth.

As 4 supps im just on protein and creatine, i did glutamine for a while but tbh didn't really notice too much difference. As many will know ive been doing research on AAS, but thats it (only research). I know there is so much further i can go without the use.

Its interesting i spoke to milos sarcev the other day and he told me that he first started AAS when he was 24, he seems like a down-to-earth bloke and a nice guy. I think it will be more like this for me when i decide to juice.

B-R

MonStar
12-09-2002, 11:22 PM
BR:

Everything is looking damn good man. Good luck with the gradual bulk. Hopefully youll be getting friggin' huge in no time. Well see what happens. Strength is also looking excellent.

Considering, almost positive, about adopting a split including full ROM deadlifts. Just thinking about giving them a whirl since I have never done them before---well consistently that is. Well see what happens. Its all in my journal BR, feel free to give your opinion.

GeneticallyGifted
12-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Glad to see that things are happening for you and they are happening in a positive manner. Has there been changes to your routine yet...?

G'd Up!

Silverback
12-10-2002, 12:04 PM
BR:

Everything is looking damn good man. Good luck with the gradual bulk. Hopefully youll be getting friggin' huge in no time. Well see what happens. Strength is also looking excellent.

Considering, almost positive, about adopting a split including full ROM deadlifts. Just thinking about giving them a whirl since I have never done them before---well consistently that is. Well see what happens. Its all in my journal BR, feel free to give your opinion.

Thank you for the kind words mike, really means alot. My strength is feeling ace, i have decided that effort and intensity is the key, in the past it was nice and easy to stroll through something your used to. But its about going places that youv'e never been and exploring the unknown. It seems to be working really well now.

Full Rom Deads had been the foundations of my back routine, from the start i beleive that they give you good all round improvements which is always a bonus, good luck with them, im sure you'll have no problem adapting to them.

I will look forward to reading your journal to see how you incorporate them.

B-R

Silverback
12-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Glad to see that things are happening for you and they are happening in a positive manner. Has there been changes to your routine yet...?

G'd Up!

Cheers G, positive is definately the word i would use. I would like to thank you for getting me back on track. When i felt down you gave me confidence and your work has given me a guide on how to model myself.

Things are finally starting to pay off, the iron game is a long road and long term is definately the way to look, but if early signs are any indicator then things are looking bright.

As for my routine ive changed from a 3-day split to a 4-day split. I'll see how it goes, and i may change if its not for me.

The current Workout routine:

There ya go.

Later man

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Looks good to me...Keep us posted on how things are going. I'm making some changes as well to my routine and workouts. Check it out its in my journal.

G'd Up!

Silverback
12-10-2002, 01:11 PM
seen your journal, ill post in a bit:)

Overtraining eh, the style had obviously worked for you though, maybe a few changes wouldn't do any harm. thanks for the input court and i'll chat with you later.

B-R

Silverback
12-10-2002, 01:32 PM
oww! soreness is really bad, my pecs and bi's are on a different planet, my lats and abs are also giving me some jip. But it was worth it, considering the gains i made in my strength.

Well today i had my last lecture in the training theory module and it was on sports nutrition, i was originally thinking of giving it a miss, because my nutrition knowledge is top draw. Im glad i went it was a real laugh:)

ive compiled some quotes and pointers given out by the lecturer, which in the end made me think, " who gave her a teaching degree?"

#1: "dont eat after 8pm otherwise it will get stored as fat"

#2: "Protein consumption even for bodybuilders makes up 15% of the daily diet, dont get sucked in that more than that will, make you gain weight"

#3: Eat moderate protein + high carbs and no fat if you want to get thin, this is how you will get a body, like you see on the telly"

#4: "Mashed potato sandwiches are the best carbohydrate source for keeping the insulin levels in a balance"

#5:"dont worry you can eat as much carbohydrates as you like, because they wont make you fat"

The list could go on for ages, but i thought these samples would raise a smile or two, certainly did me. I hope no nutrition questions come up in the exam, otherwise i wont know how to answer:)

later peeps and remeber no food after 8:D

B-R

The Calvinator
12-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Why would you not eat after 8? Wouldnt it not matter if you got in all the calories in your daily goal? meaning if you only want to consume about 2500 calories a day and then at 9pm on your last meal you got in those last fwe calories to meat the 2500 goal?? just wondering how you feel about that, cant let a growing man go to sleep hungry!

Silverback
12-10-2002, 03:59 PM
lol, read the bit before josh,

it was my lecturer at the university i study, i was just pointing out some flaws in her so called knowledge! :)

B-R

GeneticallyGifted
12-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Well, I think you should have asked question that put her in a bind. Then keep asking question over and over and watch her stumble over the answers. Then ask at the end "Well...?"

She would have been pissed.

hahaha
Thats just the type of guy I am

G'd Up!

Silverback
12-10-2002, 04:08 PM
lol, that would have been quality, but also counter-productive. Because she would of held it against me when marking my work.

:)

B-R

ectx
12-10-2002, 04:19 PM
I did that once, and then asked the prof. if he'd like me to draw a diagram and explain the concept. I honestly wasn't trying to be a smartass. Oops. My friends still tease me about that.

I really like the journal Big Ron. I read it quite often, just just haven't posted in here.

Silverback
12-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ectx
I did that once, and then asked the prof. if he'd like me to draw a diagram and explain the concept. I honestly wasn't trying to be a smartass. Oops. My friends still tease me about that.

I really like the journal Big Ron. I read it quite often, just just haven't posted in here.

thanks man, its much appreciated seriously, any comment like that is good for self confidence and motivation.

Being a smartass aint my style, it was in primary school, but it got me nowhere, over-time ive mellowed out. I wish i could have been there when you said "would you like me to draw a diagram?" it would of been hilarious.

later

B-R

Silverback
12-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Just got a bit of mixed news to update y'all on.

Teh good news:

I used to go to school with a lad back when i was 12yrs, we then parted at 14 he moved down south. Whereas as i stayed with my roots. Anyhow this lad (Rob) had been speaking to a current friend of mine. Rob had asked how i was and my mate (Big Dave) told him i was into bodybuilding.

As it happended Rob is now working at a company called 'Birds' selling chicken products, Rob rang me after getting my number off dave, we caught up on some stuff. We got onto bodybuilding which was the point where he offered me a deal on chicken breasts.

He was offering me monthly supplies of breasts working out at 50p per breast (about $1) and they are decent size ones too by what Rob told me. So that made my day. mmm... Chicken:)

sorry for the long winded version, but i thought it was pretty freaky how it all came about.

Teh Bad News:

I've just found out or led to believe that the Steelers have got no chance of winning the Super-bowl.

About 5 months ago, some one gave me a tip that they would take it no problems this year. So me being the chancer went and put 50 on at the bookmakers for them to win it.

I then read that they are out of the running, due to other clubs superior form. Please tell me i read wrong. I stood to make a nice little earner.

Anyhow soz for mumbling on, but they were two topics i wanted to highlight.

later hombre's

B-R

MonStar
12-11-2002, 07:21 AM

I am assuming that this is going to be your final split, correct? Looks excellent from what I can see BR. Everything looks like it will get trained sufficiently. Are you going to be doing deadlifts in this routine? Just wondering man, good work with finally picking a split.

NateDogg
12-11-2002, 07:27 AM
The Steelers have just as good a chance to win the thing as everyone else does right now. Even the elite teams in the AFC this year can be beaten any given week.

Silverback
12-11-2002, 12:01 PM

I am assuming that this is going to be your final split, correct? Looks excellent from what I can see BR. Everything looks like it will get trained sufficiently. Are you going to be doing deadlifts in this routine? Just wondering man, good work with finally picking a split.

yup, final i was trying to think of a name for it and came up with 'Direct/Indirect Training' due to the fact that groups get worked direct and indirectly in separate workouts, e.g. tri's on chest day as with shoulder.

I will do deads, not too heavy though as my back is a bit prone, and my glutes and hami's are big enough for now :D

As for finally picking the split, its about time isn't it! i was like an old woman 'dilly dallying' glad to have finally come up with something i am happy with.

thanks B-R

Silverback
12-11-2002, 12:04 PM
The Steelers have just as good a chance to win the thing as everyone else does right now. Even the elite teams in the AFC this year can be beaten any given week.

really? i was led to believe they were out of it, thanks for the info hopefully it will pay off. I watch the NFL on Sky over here, but the Steelers are never on always 49ers, Packers.

cheers Nate

B-R

Silverback
12-11-2002, 01:42 PM
Wednesday has been a mixed day on the whole.

Leg day was a no-no although i did try and squeeze out some squats, got in 5 sets of a light weight, didn't want to let my quads, hams and glutes get no work. The knee felt average but, there would of been no way that i could of done my usual plyometrics or sprints.

My dad and i are seeming to bond much better now and i think he understands me, he has also devloped a high level of trust in me which is really satisfying. Im driving my mates to a soccer game whichis about 80 miles away, i would of gone in my new car, but my dads got a new 200bhp ford zetec and offered me the chance to drive down in it, because he said that he 'trusted' me, that was a pretty sweet moment in my day:)

Whereas my mums relationship is drifting apart, mainly due to the fact that i want to get big and i am doing and she can't stand it. For some reason that i dont know, and is always critising my interests. Im trying to ignore it, but it hurts when you get slated in such a way. cant she just be proud for me?

Diet has been good today im still on target for 3000cals, which suits me better i think as my weight will make better increases at this rate and i dont think that fat gain will be too much of an issue.

other news:

Finnished another essay today in good time before the deadline, which is always a good thing, this weekend is also my soccer clubs christmas party. Dont have a clue what im going to wear most of my clothes now are ill-fitting, maybe i ought to go shopping tommorow at some point.

enough nattering i'll update you on my shoulders and tri's wk/out tommorow.

B-R

NateDogg
12-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Wednesday has been a mixed day on the whole.

Leg day was a no-no although i did try and squeeze out some squats, got in 5 sets of a light weight, didn't want to let my quads, hams and glutes get no work. The knee felt average but, there would of been no way that i could of done my usual plyometrics or sprints.

***No worries!

My dad and i are seeming to bond much better now and i think he understands me, he has also devloped a high level of trust in me which is really satisfying. Im driving my mates to a soccer game whichis about 80 miles away, i would of gone in my new car, but my dads got a new 200bhp ford zetec and offered me the chance to drive down in it, because he said that he 'trusted' me, that was a pretty sweet moment in my day:)

***That sounds awesome. Glad to hear you and your Dad are getting along better. I couldn't imagine life without getting along well with my parents.

Whereas my mums relationship is drifting apart, mainly due to the fact that i want to get big and i am doing and she can't stand it. For some reason that i dont know, and is always critising my interests. Im trying to ignore it, but it hurts when you get slated in such a way. cant she just be proud for me?

***Hopefully she'll come around on it :D

Diet has been good today im still on target for 3000cals, which suits me better i think as my weight will make better increases at this rate and i dont think that fat gain will be too much of an issue.

***Sweet, I am actually having to drop my cals a bit as I seem to be putting on a little fat tuttut

other news:

Finnished another essay today in good time before the deadline, which is always a good thing, this weekend is also my soccer clubs christmas party. Dont have a clue what im going to wear most of my clothes now are ill-fitting, maybe i ought to go shopping tommorow at some point.

***I'm having to buy bigger pants now :D My ass size has increased :D

enough nattering i'll update you on my shoulders and tri's wk/out tommorow.

B-R

Silverback
12-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the post nate, i really do like it when i get on with my parents and me and my dad have always been gud, its just my mom. She tends to have something against my interests. Maybe your right she may come round, lets hope anyway :)

bradley
12-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the post nate, i really do like it when i get on with my parents and me and my dad have always been gud, its just my mom. She tends to have something against my interests. Maybe your right she may come round, lets hope anyway :)

I would imagine she will come around when she discovers how healthy a lifestyle you are living and the health benefits that can be derived from this new lifestyle.

beastin v6
12-11-2002, 02:42 PM

B-R

Trust with your parents is very important. Just dont screw up!

As for the mom part, i cant give you much advice here, because i am the opposite of you. My mother was a former fitness women and my father was/is a martial artist. My mother encourages me to stay healthy and fitness, although she does not like how bodybuilders look. She puts tons of trust on the supplements I take, she understand me, so is my whole family. They just dont like how "these" HUGE bodybuilders look, but they dont aim it at me.

On the other hand my mother is a bit anal about me going out late. Thats what I hate, she thinks that something is going to happen to me. It pisses me off because when my bro was my age he would go out n all. But Ill rather keep it the way that it is. I rather have the support, then being able to wonder the street late at night. My mom buys me tuna by the boxes, whatever I need she gets me. I simply save the money to buy my supplements because I dont like asking her for money.

But Yeah when your family supports you behind your goals is priceless.

Silverback
12-11-2002, 03:00 PM

I would imagine she will come around when she discovers how healthy a lifestyle you are living and the health benefits that can be derived from this new lifestyle.

tbh ive always been healthy, alright i may have eaten alot of junk food as a kid (which kids dont nowadays?), but i was never fat. All the sport i did kept me boney if so to speak.

I think that she believes that i will mess my self up by using steroids till my heart packs up. Whereas when i was following soccer i was less likely to have used any performance enchancing drugs.

we do get on in other aspects its just BB that gets her narked, which is a shame because its my sport and lifestyle now.

Silverback
12-11-2002, 03:05 PM

Trust with your parents is very important. Just dont screw up!

As for the mom part, i cant give you much advice here, because i am the opposite of you. My mother was a former fitness women and my father was/is a martial artist. My mother encourages me to stay healthy and fitness, although she does not like how bodybuilders look. She puts tons of trust on the supplements I take, she understand me, so is my whole family. They just dont like how "these" HUGE bodybuilders look, but they dont aim it at me.

On the other hand my mother is a bit anal about me going out late. Thats what I hate, she thinks that something is going to happen to me. It pisses me off because when my bro was my age he would go out n all. But Ill rather keep it the way that it is. I rather have the support, then being able to wonder the street late at night. My mom buys me tuna by the boxes, whatever I need she gets me. I simply save the money to buy my supplements because I dont like asking her for money.

But Yeah when your family supports you behind your goals is priceless.

thanks for the advice, and your lucky to have such sports enthusiastic parents, my dad used to run marathons, but now he's more into weights when he gets time, we are on the same wave length in many respects. I think that time will tell with my mom, maybe she is not accepting that im growing up in all senses:)

I think trust is good on many fronts; they are really happy that im performing well @ University and that is a bonus because they are willing to help me out in any way possible, my mum was even paying for my supplements until i started getting big, so maybe thats a factor.

thanks again Beastin.

WillKuenzel
12-12-2002, 02:06 AM
I know its tough having the parents (or even just one) against you. Keep doing what you are doing. Once she realizes that its the healthiest lifestyle she'll start to come around. Especially when she understands how much it means to you. Parents ulimately want their children to be happy, so when she understands that its good for you and you're are happy dong it then she'll be more inclined to go along with it and even support you in it.

BennettBoy
12-12-2002, 06:49 AM
Big-Ron, if your dad likes lifting weights too, maybe he could talk to your mother and help ease her mind. My parents are really hip on the "getting huge" aspect of lifting, but I am not either really so there hasn't been any problems really. Plus, I live 100 miles away and only see them like every 6-8 weeks. I do think they are shocked at how my body has transformed, but they keep their thoughts to themselves mostly. I'm a grown man hehehe.

Good luck bro. Just try to obey your mom in all other areas.

Silverback
12-12-2002, 06:18 PM
HomeYield and BennettBoy : woah im privileged to have you's two's posting in my journal :)

Thanks for your support its truly and greatfully appreciated, i agree with you both and time will play a factor. My dad explains to my mum quite often the benefits of weightlifting for all aspects of life.

But my mom has a one tracked mind and once she gets something in her head it won't budge. Her last argument against was like this "why can't you just be average?", oh dear i was stunned when she cropped this on me, like who the hell wants to be average? you have to strive to be the best or you'll never amount to anything imo.

TBH im just going to try and let it go over my head, and hopefully time will pay off for me.

once again thanks again for posting, and feel free to give me help on my training if you feel neccessary :)

B-R

Silverback
12-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi folks just got back from the soccer game i went to, we lost 2-1 and went out of the european cup :(

But other than losing it was a great night, alot of fun. I think i should get my mates to go more often, seems to brighten up weeks when you do things like that.

only downside was diet:(, had a good day trained hard on the shoulders and tri's in the morning and ate clean all day then went to leeds and made two visits to Mcdonalds! so i probs went way over my daily cals, but one offs never hurt anyone. It probably did me good anyhow.

Just a side note got flex today and omg Ernie Taylor has got a training vid out! im ordering it right now as i speak big time. Ernie's great:)

later guys, keep it sweet

B-R

beastin v6
12-12-2002, 06:27 PM
That sucks B-R. I guess is only time that will tell your mom that you are for real.

average? lol is that a joke?

Silverback
12-12-2002, 06:33 PM
That sucks B-R. I guess is only time that will tell your mom that you are for real.

average? lol is that a joke?

no, its for real:D

She thinks that because we are well off, we should just enjoy life in her way. But no thanks i want to do what makes me feel good:)

I think the only way my mom would accept me as a bb is if i turned pro!,i'll just play it sweet in all other areas like Craig said, and try to wait and see what happens, probably the best way i feel.

cheers b

B-R

Silverback
12-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Well ive oficially finnished uni for christmas :) (joyus). Only thing is ive got to revise for exams in january as do i have to write a report on a training program that i designed and adpoted on a soccer player i know (shouldn't be too much of a task, as its pretty interesting).

Did a back and traps workout tis morning:)

Felt good, quads were sore as hell, i could barely walk! i was in two minds whether to do the workout. But went ahead anyhow, just went lighter on the deads.

Back/Traps:

Chins: Used these as a warm up, just made sure i comlpeted 25 reps in total, my weight is now 199lbs! shocking increase although i havent checked for 2 weeks, so thats fair enough. The chins went alright, although im having trouble activating my lats, biceps seem to take the brunt of the load.

Wide grip Pull downs:
1: #7 x 15
2: #9x 10
3: #9 x 10

Because its on a cable i like the higher reps, probably because they are more achievable than free weights, felt it good and the stretch worked a treat. Never performed them in this way before, so not sure what my strength rating was on them.

Bent over BB row:

1: 40 x 14
2: 80 x 12
3: 80 x 12

My rows are poop, for some reason im not sure how to perform them properly, i can only feel it with lighter weights. If i go heavy my upper half of my body raises and the exercise looks like a fckuked up Upright row. I need some decent tutoring me thinks.

Deads:

1: 150 x 12
2: 200 x 10
3: 200 x 12

For some reason ove been high reps today, cant explain why i opted maybe because i came down in weight. They were no problem and i could have gone heavier (much at that:)) but the legs were a deciding factor so i held back

Wrapped up with 2 sets of shrugs at 150lbs x 12 and 10 reps respectively.

In all an average workout, did all right but thats not enough i have to be working optimal every workout if i want to achieve anything in the sport.

Saw some pics of Dorian yesterday and its so much made me want to get massive, and i want the results now but realisticly that aint gonna happen. but i know ive got potential to get much further, just time and effort will tell. Im definately motivated, could do with getting a decent training partner. As my form is kind of sucky on back exercises. otherwise things are sweet.

Ate clean today shot for 3,500 cals felt like upping the pace a little, what with christmas coming up immenantly i will probably gain some unwanted fat anyway. So i may as well optimise my fuels in the run up.

later peeps.

B-R

beastin v6
12-13-2002, 03:01 PM
Hang in there mate.

Silverback
12-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Hang in there mate.

respect, will do. Its all i can do. Sometimes i feel embaressed about the weights i lift. But i see it as we all have to start somewhere and the road is long

bradley
12-13-2002, 05:14 PM

respect, will do. Its all i can do. Sometimes i feel embaressed about the weights i lift. But i see it as we all have to start somewhere and the road is long

No need to feel embarassed. I think you put up some good numbers and really number do not matter (unless you are a powerlifter). Form is the much more important.

Whenever I perform bent over BB rows I just bend my kness slightly, back straight and bend over until the bar is hanging a couple inches below my knees. Then pull the bar up to your abs while concentrating on using your hands as hooks. I guess the best way is to continue with lighter weight until you really get a good feel in your back.

I just got finished with school yesterday. I am actually in the process of transferring and moving so it should be an interesting break.

Later
Bradley

NateDogg
12-13-2002, 10:12 PM

Sometimes i feel embaressed about the weights i lift. But i see it as we all have to start somewhere and the road is long

No need bro, you're not competing against anyone but yourself!

Silverback
12-14-2002, 03:33 AM
Cheers bradly and nate, your support is welcomed:)

you are right, there is no need to compare myself to others, just concentrate on me. I mean 8.5 months lifting experience is nothing to go off, and the gains i have made in that time has been really satisfying. I think that i want everything to all happen at once and in this game it aint gonna happen, unless you are blessed with awsome genetics.

My mom and i had a heart-2-heart and everything is sweet now, she must have talked to my dad or sumone. But she says that she supports me with my ambition and as long as i dont end up dedicating my whole life to bb then she is fine with it (the feeling is mutual:))

Yesterdays workout seemed to be more productive than first thought, i can reall feel that my lats and centre of the back have been worked the lumbar region has also had its fair share. Usually i dont feel anything in the back (except for lower) so this to me is a good sign.

thanks for the BB row tips bradly, i think the lighter weight is the best way to progress, because as you said form is king in the game.

B-R

The Calvinator
12-14-2002, 03:38 AM
i wouldnt be embarassed if you arent lifting as much as everyone else at all.... the first time i ever tested my max bench press, it was a sad 95 pounds. and this was as a sophomore in HS. so you gotta start somewhere, as long as your progressing and seeing results, then that is key.

Silverback
12-14-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by The Calvinator
i wouldnt be embarassed if you arent lifting as much as everyone else at all.... the first time i ever tested my max bench press, it was a sad 95 pounds. and this was as a sophomore in HS. so you gotta start somewhere, as long as your progressing and seeing results, then that is key.

thats exactly right, it was a stupid post as i knew that, but i think frustration got to me. The main point is everyone has to start somewhere, which you highlighted.

thanks

B-R

MonStar
12-14-2002, 06:23 AM
Wide grip Pull downs:
1: #7 x 15
2: #9x 10
3: #9 x 10

Bent over BB row:

1: 40 x 14
2: 80 x 12
3: 80 x 12

Deads:

1: 150 x 12
2: 200 x 10
3: 200 x 12

Nice back strength on all 3 of these exercises BR, keep up the hard work man. Maybe you should consider lower reps on the deadlifts to up your strength. 200 lbs. for 12 reps I am guessing would be somewhere in the 275-295 ballpark for a 1RM. Maybe even 315x1. Good job, again. :):)

Silverback
12-14-2002, 06:32 AM

Nice back strength on all 3 of these exercises BR, keep up the hard work man. Maybe you should consider lower reps on the deadlifts to up your strength. 200 lbs. for 12 reps I am guessing would be somewhere in the 275-295 ballpark for a 1RM. Maybe even 315x1. Good job, again. :):)

wow, these were real kind words mike. I think i have been a little hard on myself. Hmm i'll have to start pushing and give the deadlift a real go, ive been too so so with leg and lower back exercises because of the rapid progress i made.

What do you think to HomeYield's pull-up/chins progress idea? im seriously considering it to bring the strength on another notch or two, have you seen it? and your thoughts.

thanks alot

B-R

MonStar
12-14-2002, 07:48 AM
What do you think to HomeYield's pull-up/chins progress idea? im seriously considering it to bring the strength on another notch or two, have you seen it? and your thoughts.

Thats similar to the progression that I use. Once I am able to get 3 reps, I increase the weight etc. Next week I am going to shoot for +90 again until I get a triple with +90. I think I just need to drop a few lbs. of water/fat. Want to harden up a TAD before I start to increase my calories again. Going to try and stay around ~3000 calories everyday for a while. See how things go.

beastin v6
12-14-2002, 01:30 PM
I have not deadlifted in Ages! No one at my deadlifts that I have seen. I had stopped because I was cutting and deadlifting made sooooo wasted, so i dropped them from my routine. Hopefully when I bulk again I will add them to my routine once more.

peace

ectx
12-14-2002, 01:51 PM

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You're making great progress and you're very dedicated. I'd say that's outstanding.

Silverback
12-14-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ectx

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You're making great progress and you're very dedicated. I'd say that's outstanding.

thanks your right, i appreciate what your saying and your right. I must get the fact that i cant be a top level bb overnight.

cheers for the support, l8er man

bradley
12-14-2002, 02:47 PM
B-R

I agree with Monstar about the deads. I would throw some more weight on there and see how it goes. Just don't make one huge jump.

beastin v6
12-15-2002, 09:41 AM
I remember when I first started to deadlift. I started with 95lb!
In no time I had my weight up to 275lb, with alot of hard work! B-R you are pretty well off to be honest. You know what to do.

peace

Silverback
12-15-2002, 09:48 AM
I remember when I first started to deadlift. I started with 95lb!
In no time I had my weight up to 275lb, with alot of hard work! B-R you are pretty well off to be honest. You know what to do.

peace

lol, i sure know what to do thanks:)

95lbs i couldn't imagine that for deads, but like its always said 'you have to start somewhere' im giving up whinging like a baby, your probably sick of it:)

time to just zip up and train.

B-R