PDA

View Full Version : I need the best diet to build muscle mass!

pr3
10-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Hey guys,

lately I've been suffering with some body issues. I was doing excellent in the spring. Then the past few weeks, I started gaining fat - 5lbs of it. I was doing the same thing I've always done. Eat 6 to 7 meals a day, and that included a protein/weightgain shake. I am 5'6, weigh 145lbs. I gained those last 5 in just bout 3 weeks! I have been struggling for a year to get to 5 lbs. That's why I don't know what I did different. I've been drinking the shakes/eating the same meals for awhile. So now I will quit, but my muscle tone is not there.

I need to know a few things -

What is the latest I should eat?
What foods should I take pre-workout and post-workout?

WHat is the amount of fat, protein, carbs do I need to take in based on my weight?

I have a lot more questions, but those are the most important. Please help me get the best diet. I am so serious about finally getting on a serious diet to get the best muscle mass. Thank you!

Mik
10-04-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by pr3
Hey guys,

lately I've been suffering with some body issues. I was doing excellent in the spring. Then the past few weeks, I started gaining fat - 5lbs of it. I was doing the same thing I've always done. Eat 6 to 7 meals a day, and that included a protein/weightgain shake. I am 5'6, weigh 145lbs. I gained those last 5 in just bout 3 weeks! I have been struggling for a year to get to 5 lbs. That's why I don't know what I did different. I've been drinking the shakes/eating the same meals for awhile. So now I will quit, but my muscle tone is not there.

I eat dinner at 6ish, another meal around 8-9, and a shake before bed.

Pre-workout I would take carbs. I personally have a cup of oatmeal.Post workout I have a protein shake, 50g dextrose, and creatine followed by a meal in an hour.

WHat is the amount of fat, protein, carbs do I need to take in based on my weight?

I have had good results with 40/40/20 p/c/f but I'm going to try isocaloric.

I have a lot more questions, but those are the most important. Please help me get the best diet. I am so serious about finally getting on a serious diet to get the best muscle mass. Thank you!

These are just what I have found to work for me (I'm still tinkering with my diet as well). The most important thing I can suggest is to count calories and track what works/doesn't work for you and keep searching on these boards, there are a lot of folks who know their stuff!

bradley
10-04-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by pr3

My last meal is usually about 30 minutes before I go to bed. Some protien along with fat would be ideal before bed.

I work out in the morning so I usually have a protien shake and some complex carbs before my workout.

There are many different opinions on this subject. I recommend experiemnting with different ratios and see how your body responds. Just remeber to get approx 1 gram of protien per lb of bodyweight and work from there.

millertime
10-04-2002, 08:39 AM
I'm currently bulking now. I have a 33/33/33 diet, I try to eat about 600 cals at eat meal 5 times aday and one 650 cal shake(only becuase i'm at work). thats 36500 cals a day, and I weight a little over 190.

***A meal with protien and fat.

Pre-work out eat a meal, atleast 30mins before you train.
Post work you want whey protein and high GI carbs.

Stray
10-04-2002, 08:48 AM
thats 36500 cals a day, and I weight a little over 190.

Hot DAMN you must be HYOOOOOGE.

millertime
10-04-2002, 08:52 AM
I wish, there is an extra zero at the end of that. it should read 3650.