PDA

View Full Version : Making plain oatmeal taste great

Lettuce Face
10-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Try mixing canned fruit into your oatmeal while it's still hot, then I put it in the fridge for about an hour. Take it out of the fridge and pour low calorie syrup or jam over it. Then eat it.

There's nothing better than cold oatmeal.

Puttn
10-04-2002, 06:26 AM
really? i like raisins in mine while its hot and sugar free syrup but never tried it like that ill have to give it a whirl

Yanick
10-04-2002, 07:38 AM
I just cut up a peach/apple into it and add jam/preserves.

But thats during a re-feed, if i'm dieting and eating oatmeal it will be different, i'll just add some cinnamon and drink the oatmeal down with water. One spoon oatmeal, i sip water, swallow, repeat.

bradley
10-04-2002, 08:51 AM
I have tried cottage cheese in oatmeal which wasn't too bad. Adding a tablespoon of natty PB also tastes pretty good.

Stray
10-04-2002, 09:04 AM
I just mix mine with blueberries..(mmm antioxidants) otherwise the taste of oatmeal doesn't bother me too much. I've eaten alot more disgusting things than oatmeal. (HI KERI!)

Lettuce Face
10-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Yanick
i'll just add some cinnamon and drink the oatmeal down with water. One spoon oatmeal, i sip water, swallow, repeat.

You don't even cook it?

What if you just put uncooked oatmeal into a protien shake and chug it. Would it still digest the same as cooked oatmeal?

Smoothie
10-04-2002, 01:52 PM
I just put a little brown suger....

aikigreg
10-04-2002, 02:18 PM
goes into my protein shake every morning! It digests just fine. I either blend it up or just pour it in if I want it a little chewy.

But the best is mixing some natty pb and a little artificial sugar in there. YUMMY!

cyclone
10-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Stray
I just mix mine with blueberries..(mmm antioxidants) otherwise the taste of oatmeal doesn't bother me too much. I've eaten alot more disgusting things than oatmeal. (HI KERI!)

Damn that's funny......... LMAO

booster1
10-05-2002, 12:51 AM
I buy my oats pre-mixed with fruit in it. Anything from blue berry, strawberry, raisin, peaches (the best) and plain. It's cheap too, since I get the store brand.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-05-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Lettuce Face

You don't even cook it?

What if you just put uncooked oatmeal into a protien shake and chug it. Would it still digest the same as cooked oatmeal?

I rarely cook my oats when i eat them. It just takes too much time, and i'm impatient.

In general, uncooked food takes a little longer to digest, but you can still put it into your protein. I think there's an MRP around that does that with diced up oats.

Mystic Eric
10-05-2002, 03:44 AM
I never cook mine either.

Puttn
10-05-2002, 05:56 AM
i put 1/2 cup in a container add water to cover and microwave for 2 mins while i drink my whey shake

Ritzol
10-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by booster1
I buy my oats pre-mixed with fruit in it. Anything from blue berry, strawberry, raisin, peaches (the best) and plain. It's cheap too, since I get the store brand.

I used to eat that stuff, but I stopped. Doesn't 1 packet have like 12-17 grams of sugar?

Sugar is bad for Rtzy, except for this weekend. I'm going to have some candy corns. They are so cute! and yummy too. Ya anywayz...

I eat my oatmeal raw too. I hate cooked oatmeal ugh aghh eeek.

Fuel
10-07-2002, 10:47 PM
i have found the best thing for oatmeal: spiced apple butter and 2 packs of splenda!

Mortin
10-08-2002, 07:44 AM
i always pu tlike 8-10 packages of equal and some cinnamon in mine ;)

Kromax
10-09-2002, 06:51 AM
A hint of cinammon and a touch of honey works for me.