PDA

View Full Version : Fasting - Effect on Diet?

Naum
10-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Hi All,

Need some advice. I will be fasting for a month soon, whereby my eating patterns will change and I will be eating early in the morning eg before 6am, then no food or drink until about 4pm.

Is this bad for my training? :mad:

What can I eat to take advantage of this eating pattern? :confused: I was thinking eating Jacket Potatoes + Tuna for breakfast, then maybe something high in protein as the second meal like egg whites, with a protein shake or something.

Advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

N@um :help:

Shao-LiN
10-04-2002, 05:50 PM
You allowed to drink? Can always drink a protein shake during the day or something. If not, just eat when you can. Try and get a well balanced meal in at breakfast in my opinion.

Naum
10-04-2002, 05:55 PM
What would you suggest for breakfast?

Can't drink during day.

In the past I wasnt training, and during this routine I would normally increase in weight and body fat, but I think that was due to me eating a heavy breakfast, then lots of food in the evening to compensate for food I hadnt eaten during the day. I want to make sure this time I gain from it by loosing body fat perhaps?

any suggestions?

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-05-2002, 03:28 AM
So you basically have to fast for 10 hours during the day?

If so, that's not so bad. It just means you'll have to eat around these times. There's still another 14 hours in the day - about 8 of which you'll be alseep, but that still leaves you 6 hours of eating time. Looks like you just have to get all your meals down suring this time.

Depends when you train also. If you can train later when you can actually eat then you'll probably be alright, especially if you line your stomach with some food about an hour or so before you train.

And then you'll still have the recovery aspect covered if you can get some sort of post workout shake down you.

Is this for Ramadan?

Paul Stagg
10-05-2002, 09:15 AM
I'm very good friends with an WNBF pro who fasts for Ramadaan.

His strategy is to just try to eat as much as possible before/after daylight. He does lose some weight, but takes the opportunity to get a little leaner.

He still tries to train balls out.

Naum
10-05-2002, 09:43 AM
Hi, Thanks for all the replies, Yes its for Ramadan! Basically I can only eat in non daylight hours. In the past, I always seem to put on weight during this period (FAT Normally), This time round I want to use it to get leaner, maybe get rid of some my stomach flab!