PDA

View Full Version : Ketogenic Diet Questions

LabiosDeMierda
10-05-2002, 11:48 AM
i will be doing a ketogenic diet to drop some pounds...

i have arthritis of the knees and im currently 6'1 weighing 270 pounds i have a large frame and i dont look obese but i am. i want to drop weight to that i can begin to do high intensity training and start lifting again.

i was wondering would a full keto diet be good, or a cyclical-keto be good?

also i bought Designer whey to make myself a meal replacement i will be having 6-7 meals a day 2-3 of which will be a shake. is this ok?

- Labios

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-05-2002, 12:22 PM
If you insist on a keto, go cyclical. It'll mean you can still have sort of social life on the weekend.

What's stopping you lifting now?

Basing meals using shakes won't keep your hunger away for long. It's a much better idea to base your diet around actual food i.e. not something processed and in a tub. (I have a feeling that last sentence is gonna come back and bite me on the ass).

Paul Stagg
10-05-2002, 12:32 PM
I like a TKD.

Silverback
10-05-2002, 12:32 PM
lol, i agree actual food will serve you better, in the long run and help you keep sane, you sound like 1 huge lad at 270lbs and 6ft 1.

LabiosDeMierda
10-05-2002, 01:12 PM
im not lifting at the momment because i have (or doctors THINK i have) a testicular hernia once im clear on that ill start lifting. im trying to do more intense cardio but my weight is just killing my knees and my endurance. and i will be eating 5 solid meals, but you can only have so much fish chiken and beef in a day.... plus im a horrible breakfast person... so im guessing shake in the morn before or right after cardio, and shake at night 2 hrs before bed...

and i am a big fella just outta shape, but i dont look it i have monster size legs and i have quite the beefy luv handles :)

cyclical seems like the way to go.. heheh carb loading on Coors Light on saturday may not eb a bad thing ;)

ohh for the record i hope to be lifting by end of year or beggining of year (depending on surgery)...

- Labios