PDA

View Full Version : Damn!! I got braces, now im screwed!!

HighlyFanatic
10-06-2002, 12:00 PM
:cry: their gonna be on for 2 years.

i made good gains with my HST routine so far, i've been eating like a madman. i havent really eaten well in the last 4 days (got em on thursday).....my stomach must've grown larger cuz im hungry 24/7

im havin a hard time eat anything (takes me foreeever); no more protien bars, oatmeal is the ***** to clean out of the braces, blah... :cry: .... im cant give up. i like the progress

tips?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19306

Silverback
10-06-2002, 01:02 PM
i suggest buying a liquidiser and blending all your food, one of the pro bodbuilders currently on the circuit, uses this method cos he's got a problem with his stomach. If your alright with this it could be the perfect solution.

Frozenmoses
10-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Don't worry, your eating habits will be back to normally pretty quick. When I got my braces, I was very cautious about everything I ate right off, but eventually I was back around to chewing gum and whatnot. Yeah, stuff does get stuck in there, but your tongue will get better at fishing stuff out of em. And you know, the ladies certainly won't mind all of that tongue exercise either.

iLUDEd
10-06-2002, 08:41 PM
i agree with frozenmoses, give it a few weeks and youll be back to normal, i had braces for 2 years, and when i 1st got them i coudlnt eat solid foods for a week, 2-3 weeks later i was chewing gum n eating like i had normally done so before i got them

mr_hand
10-07-2002, 02:06 PM
You think thats bad?
I already had braces as a kid, and now I have to get them again, cuz my teeth moved real bad cuz my orthodontist at the time was a fool. Im 26 years old, and I have to get braces again. Arghhhhh.

nejar462
10-07-2002, 06:33 PM
Yeah, i've had braces for while, they always bother you until they come off, but you can still eat most stuff.

TreeTrunks
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Protein shakes and/pr MRP's. It gets better, trust me.

Allie
10-07-2002, 08:28 PM
The best suggestion for braces and cleaning them is a water Pik :) I swore by mine (I Had braces for over 5 years, and now have a killer smile to show off) Also your will be pretty sore at first and anytime you go for an Ortho visit for about a week, just expect it, not much you can really do.

I will second that you try to liquify your foods if a strict diet is that important to you.

Ti1301
10-08-2002, 02:44 AM
What are you talking about?
When I had braces I was still eating all the stuff I did when I didn't. Only thing I didn';t do when I had them on was bite into whole apples.
Braces didn't affect my eating at all beside that.

Allie
10-08-2002, 04:50 AM
Like I mentioned I had mine for over 5 years. People have braces to correct different things. Mine were to correct a problem with my bite. Others have braces for cosmetic purposes just to straighten their teeth. My guess is that with 2 years time that he is not in it for cosmetic reasons. I was always very sore after a visit to my ortho, within an hour I wouldn't be able to chew anything and it always lasted for about a week.

Spawn_X
10-08-2002, 10:57 AM
your stomach gets bigger if you don't eat?

:scratch: