PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Dieting

freestyler
10-06-2002, 05:06 PM
Hi, I used to go to the gym and after about 4 months and then suddenly lost intrest in it.

Now, another 4 months on, i still show signs of a small but hard-to-see 6-pac.

Now me (16 yr) and my mate (15 yr) are now interested in it all again and starting with loosing Body Fat. We now go running every morning pretty early, w/ stretches. (Is this good?)

We are mainly interested in our Abdominal muscles and do a few exercises everynight.

So what i am basicly asking is . . .
What kind of food should i be eating much and what food should i be avoiding?

Thank you !

Frozenmoses
10-06-2002, 05:19 PM
You can't spot reduce. If you want to burn fat, do cardio before breakfast, eat below maintenance, and try to cut carbs before bedtime. Avoid junk food. Also, you might want to try some ECA.

Don't work your abs every day either. You're going to overtrain them that way. Are you lifting at all? If not, you should.

freestyler
10-06-2002, 05:25 PM
ECA? Sorry kinda new to all this.

If i remember rightly, someone told me that the only muscle to work on every day, that WOULDNT be over training them, would be the abs. I know not to work out on the same muscle everyday.

So there is nothing wrong with going running every morning?

Cheers

NateDogg
10-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Train your abs like you would any other muscle...not everyday and not with ridiculous volume (100 sit-ups, etc), not saying you are, it just seems like many people start out this way. :tuttut:

Shao-LiN
10-06-2002, 05:43 PM
I'd try to limit it to 3-4 times a week, personally.

ECA = Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin stack a.k.a. a thermogenic...it increases your metabolism. I don't think you need it at your age and if you already see some of your abs.

And yes, you can overtrain abs just like any other muscle. But you can get away with training them hard 2-3 times a week or so. If you are truly training them to failure, training everyday is overtraining.

freestyler
10-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Thank you all
Cheers!