PDA

View Full Version : my journal

waterbuckat
10-06-2002, 08:42 PM
I am going to be keeping track of my lifting workouts here and in a couple weeks I will be posting my diet every week or so.

My goal right now is to get stronger and to maintain my weight during soccer season at about 148. I am going to be wrestling 135-140. I have school, soccer, then work everyday I don't have a soccer game. So it is hard to lift sometimes. What I am going to do is eat healthy in the mourning, lunch and before my practices. Then when I get home I will eat what I want. But try to stay healthy. I won't start counting calories and keeping track of my diet to after soccer season which is the end of october.

My goals as of right now are to become more flexible, faster, stronger, maitain my weight.

stats:
height: 5'11
weight:148
bodyfat: 13.9% (on a machine)

*= new record

waterbuckat
10-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Last two workouts:
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002

db incline bench- 42.5-7(explosive), 30db-8(322 temp with pause at peak)
db decline bench- 30db-7(322 temp pause at peak)
db flat bench bress- 42.5db-5(explosive)
db fly- 20db-8
chin down dips- bw-6

NOTES
- more warmup
- heavier dumbbell fly's

Lifting: 12:00, Legs
parallel squats- 202temp- 155-10* , 165-6
leg extensions- 312 temp- 70-12, 80-8

SLDL- 202 temp- 115-8 , 115-8
leg curl- 302temp- 60-6

calf raise- 111temp- 45pd on dip belt- straight-15, toes in-15, toes out-15, reverse-15. 10 sec break in between each set.

Lifting Notes:
Broke my record on squats, could of went for more reps on the 2nd set maybe. Starting to get the SLDL form down and moved the weight up to 115. Too much weight on the leg curl, couldn't keep a good tempo and form. Try for lighter weight next time and 2 sets. My legs have a good soreness feeling to them.

kartwheel
10-06-2002, 08:50 PM
welcome to the forum and good luck man.

i think it is really important to track your training and eating; it makes a difference in the long run.

waterbuckat
10-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by kartwheel
welcome to the forum and good luck man.

i think it is really important to track your training and eating; it makes a difference in the long run.

Thanks, I think it makes a difference also and I need all the motivation I can get.

waterbuckat
10-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Monday, Ocotober 7th, 2002

Didn't do nothing big today. Had a good day, I think I finally figured out why I play sports.

Because I want to win, I have been searching for a reason. In soccer I want to drill that ball in the net better then anyone else (why I can't play defense), in baseball I want to just smash the ball and make some plays, and in wrestling I just want to kick the crap out of kids and pin them. And I want to be the best at what I do. I want to be in great shape and have a great body.

If I don't win I don't whine, but I go nuts on the inside, and when I get away from the situation I strive to work harder so I can win next time. Plus there a good thing and a good thing to put my time into!

Well anyway, tommorow I am going to lift biceps and triceps. I have a soccer game tommorow and had practice today. My legs are still sore.

waterbuckat
10-08-2002, 05:32 PM
Tuesday, October 8th, 2002

What a bad day, at least lifting wise. I decided to lift my arms at school because of my time. What a mistake. I got there early and warmed up and did my first two sets of BB curls. Then I went to the preacher and some kid had it, and basically was doing nothing. So I waited for 8 minutes, then finally got on. Got the weight on that took my 2 minutes to find because the plates were all over the gym floor and as im getting a 5 pounder a kid goes over and takes all the plates off and puts his plates on! So I did what he did and then went over to the incline bench and grab two dumbbells and did 5 reps and my friend comes over and starts playing with me and I just threw the db's down and gave up.

No more lifting at school. I don't know if I want to even lift at a public gym now. Anyway, I had a soccer game today and played the whole time and pretty good. Tommorow mourning im waking up and doing Back and Shoulders. Im going to have to start lifting in the mourning becuase I have no time. Can't wait til soccer is over because that is when im going to stop working. Hopefully tommorow is a much better day.

waterbuckat
10-08-2002, 07:52 PM
I am starting to eat a lot of junk so I am going to try my best to eat healthy, I will do this by tracking my food again. I can't wait to lift tommorow mourning!

waterbuckat
10-09-2002, 08:56 PM
Wednesday, October 9th, 2002

6:30- bowl of raisen brain with skim milk, ensure bar
10:30- 2 chicken patties, cup of pudding, apple, 2 bagels with cream cheese
6:00- hot dog, sausage on hotdog roll, backed beans
8:30- donut

Im counting calories tommorow! Mostly because I weight 151.6 right now, sure it will be a lot lighter in the mourning though. Im going to run a light mile tommorow mourning, even though I have a soccer game. Im starting WWB routine #1 tommorow. Can't wait! Im planning out my meals now.

Today I didn't do anything special, had soccer practice and thats about it. Tommorow im gonna get a cardio, soccer game, and lift in.

waterbuckat
10-10-2002, 04:07 AM
Thursday, October 10th, 2002

6:00- cup of raisen brain, cup of skim milk, multi
10:15- half can of chicken breast
2:15- gatorade 20 oz bottle, 2 slices wheat bread, TBSP of light mayo, half can of chicken breast
5:30- protein plus power bar
6:00- 3 hot dogs, 1 2 inch link of cabazi, 1 slice of wheat bread
6:30- bowl of raisen brain with skim milk
9:00- 2 scoops of GNC Mega Whey, bowl of baked beans
11:00- multi

Feels so good dieting again. I need to eat more earlier in the day so I don't starve until after practice. I have tommorow off! I think im going to lift tonight and tommorow mourning, I don't know becuase I have a wrestling tourney sunday though and im wreslting 145 :eek:

I drank 40 oz of water during the school day and I had 3 big pees and the last two were clear white, and I took a multi vitamin that is time release! Need to keep that up!

Im looking over the WBB routine just to make sure this is what I want to do.

Chest and Back
FLAT BB BENCH- 125-8, 135-4
- felt weird, used to dumbbells, should go up a lot next week
INCLINE DB PRESS- 32.5db-8, 37.5db-6
- go heaveir next time, should get 37.5 db's on first set for 8x
CHIN DOWN DIPS- 8xbw, 5xbw

CHINS- palms away shouler length-6, closegrip away-5
DEADLIFT- 155-8(left under, right over), 155-8(right under, left over)
- 160 next week
BENT OVER BB ROWS- 65-10, 85-6
- Pause at peak and thumbless grip, the 1st set I really felt it and I knew I had good form. 2nd set was too heavy and my form suffered and I didn't feel it. Next time start out with 75.
DB SHRUGS- 37.5db-10
CHINS- palms away shouler length-4, closegrip away-3

Lifted at 7:30, great workout. I like this WBB routine. I think I am going to stick with this until at least the end of October. One thing I finally realised today was that my old goal, strengthing my left side so it was even with the right was achieved. And I mean overachieved. In soccer my left footed shot is just as good as my right almost and a big reason I am a swinger between varsity and jv. My left arm is bigger then my right, even though my right is a little bit stronger still on bicep curls. On the bench I always used to look to the right when I was struggling with weight becuase it was my strong side and I would push that side up first, now the bar is even and I look to my left and that side usually gets up a little before the right!

My back feels so good right now and this is the first time ever I feel like I worked my lats! My right shin is bruised from soccer practice and doing deadlifts killed it and it hurts pretty bad right now, but it is worth it :cool:

Tommorow I have school off, CARDIO AND ABS. Saturday night I am going to cut out all fluids and eat minimal food becuase I have to weight in Sunday mourning.

Did a full body stretch at 10:30

waterbuckat
10-10-2002, 07:06 PM
I know this is just starting, but please post! Give me any pointers or tips you have! I need them :)

waterbuckat
10-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Im going to start counting calories after my wrestling tournament this sunday. Im making a list of the foods I am going to buy right now and planning out my diet.

Frozenmoses
10-10-2002, 08:15 PM
Nice journal, man. Good luck with WBB#1. I think you're going to like it.

waterbuckat
10-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Frozenmoses
Nice journal, man. Good luck with WBB#1. I think you're going to like it.

Thanks a lot, I liked my first workout a lot and my back feels so great right now!

waterbuckat
10-11-2002, 08:23 AM
Friday, Ocotber 11th, 2002

I weighed 147.2 this mourning after my pee, only 2.2 pounds over! Thursday mourning I was 152.6, I did my diet for one day, didn't even coun calories and now im 147.2. Got like 10 hours of sleep. Im so energized right now.

11:45- bowl of raisen brain with skim, half can of baked beans, hotdog
2:00- 2 links of turkey sausage, 2 hardboiled egg whites, ensure bar, half can of baked beans multi, 2 small cookies (I want to eat soo much more but I need to stop)
5:30- 2 slices of wheat, half can of chicken breast, 1TBSP of light mayo
8:30- protein plus power bar, butterfinger
10:45- cheesesteak without bread, 2 cookies
12:00- little bit of skim, ensure bar, pbj sandwich

DIET NOTES- cheated on my 2nd meal but I am going to go running again and I won't eat again until like 5:30-6

Had a bad day, I will learn from it though, it is hard when im sitting at home all day. I need to get my cut foods for monday, I also need to have my meals planned out and eat enough food to keep me from being hungry.

Yesterday was the first REAL back workout I ever had, it has this wierd soreness to it that feels so good.. My biceps and tri's are sore too, my chest isn't that sore but when I flex it it is, I guess my chest doesn't get that sore compared to other muscles.

10:45- went running, 10 stairs, 150 jump rope, 3 telephone sprints with 15 sec break, 3 short tele sprints with 10 sec break, 1 mile jog

My chest wasn't sore that much yesterday, not even today until after I took my nap. When I woke up at like 5:30 I felt like I had to drums sticking out of my chest, it feels great! Almost hurts too much, I thought I didn't work my chest enough, those dips must of really added some soreness.

Accipiter
10-11-2002, 08:25 AM
:) great feeling ain't it.

you sure you wanna weigh that little?

waterbuckat
10-11-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Accipiter
:) great feeling ain't it.

you sure you wanna weigh that little?

Until wrestling season is over I want to be as light as possible :) It feels great right now! Im so pumped, less running in a solar that I have to do if I have to do it at all now. And thats a really good thing. Time to go running in the rain!

waterbuckat
10-11-2002, 10:33 AM
Lifting Goals for Thanksgiving, November 28th

Flat BB Bench Press 145x8
Squat 185x8
Deadlift 205x1
Incline DB Press 45dbx6
dips 25pdx6
Wide Grip Lat Bar Chins BWx8
BB Curl 95x6
Closegrip bench 115x6
Military Press 50pd on smith bar x6

waterbuckat
10-11-2002, 09:27 PM
template:

Saturday, October 12th, 2002

Ramblings Worthy of Note:

Exercise

10:00-11:00: Legs

Squat
tempo:
warmup:
work set:

Comments:

Squat
tempo:
warmup:
work set:

Comments:

Diet

9:00am

9:00pm

Totals:
Calories:
Fat:
Carbs:
Protein:

Comments:

Sleep:

Weight:

waterbuckat
10-11-2002, 09:35 PM
Got most of the stuff for the template from Blood & Iron and his awesome journal. Thanks