PDA

View Full Version : fat free cheeses

Puttn
10-08-2002, 09:18 PM
fat free cheeses
how bad are they for you... or arent they? i read one of the last ingrediants is partially hydronated oils or fats whatever are in it

TreeTrunks
10-08-2002, 09:57 PM
hmmm I know they taste like ****. But im sure you knew that.

Shao-LiN
10-08-2002, 10:55 PM
i'd keep away from hydrogenated oils and trans fats.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-09-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
i'd keep away from hydrogenated oils and trans fats.

I agree.

By the way, 'fat free' almost always means 'added sugar'.

Stick to normal cheese.

Better still, eat cottage cheese.

Puttn
10-09-2002, 05:32 AM
well i do eat cottage cheese, but there is no sugar in the cheeses...

Shao-LiN
10-09-2002, 10:03 AM
Eh, whatever fits into your daily caloric intake. The last diet you posted though, had you eating a lot of non-fat foods. You seem to be straying away from fat or keeping it as low as possible.

IceRgrrl
10-09-2002, 10:06 AM
I buy the fat-free cheese singles to use on my egg sandwiches and tuna melts. I wouldn't eat/buy a lot of it, but the singles are pretty good.

It's like flashpoint cheese though...if you're making a grilled cheese or tuna melt, it seems like the stuff will never melt and then *snap* it's liquid! :p

hemants
10-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Go by the macronutrients. If per slice it's something like:

protein : 5g
carb : 1g
fat : 0.02g

then there will be no appreciable amounts of trans fatty acids to worry about.

in my experience they are good for cold applications but not suitable for melted cheese applications cause they end up yucky

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by hemants
Go by the macronutrients. If per slice it's something like:

protein : 5g
carb : 1g
fat : 0.02g

then there will be no appreciable amounts of trans fatty acids to worry about.

Depends whether the info includes the trans-fats and partially hydrogenated fats in the total fat breakdown.

But for such a small slice it's not gonna be the sole reason for any unexpected death.

An accumulation of the stuff throughout the day, everyday may though.

hemants
10-10-2002, 11:47 AM
"Depends whether the info includes the trans-fats and partially hydrogenated fats in the total fat breakdown."

Wouldn't it have to be included by law?

At a minimum you could see the total calories vs what you calculate to see if there's something missing.

Yanick
10-10-2002, 01:41 PM
Trans fats and sugar alcohols do not have to be included in the label. However you can still calculate it out, because the total fat will include all fats, so if the sat/unsat fats don't add up to the total fat, the difference is trans fats.

Saint Patrick
10-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Fat free cheese is like non-alcoholic beer and decaf latte's.

restless
10-10-2002, 06:03 PM
I'd avoid them also. Due to the anti saturated fat histeria we have been poisoning ourselves with artificial fats that serve no purpose to our bodies and are responsable for the increase in many diseases in modern times. They're out to get us and stuff us with margarine and discusting things alike till we get cancer, all in the name of profit. :D

They're not taking me alive....:swear:

Maybe i should go to sleep now.....

ToysRusKid
10-10-2002, 06:09 PM
cheese is the ****, goes with everything, and the full on fattiest cheese has lots of CLA, just look at all those body building benefits

TreeTrunks
10-10-2002, 09:38 PM
My sister sometimes bar tends and she said they now have zero carb beers.

Ti1301
10-11-2002, 03:18 AM
Lucerene cheese tastes great and melts great too.
Comparde to the Kraft Singles, had less fat and calories, and taste just as good if not better.
It's cheaper too!

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-11-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by TreeTrunks
My sister sometimes bar tends and she said they now have zero carb beers.

Year, the stuff for the designated driver.

Water.

Yanick
10-11-2002, 01:34 PM
I believe its 'low carb' not 'no carb' beer. 2-4g/bottle or something like that.

My question is this:

If you're drinking beer, why the hell would you be worrying about your carb count?

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-11-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Yanick
I believe its 'low carb' not 'no carb' beer. 2-4g/bottle or something like that.

My question is this:

If you're drinking beer, why the hell would you be worrying about your carb count?

Exactly, people forget the 7cals per g that come from alcohol, not to mention that it totally shuts off lipoylsis.

Puttn
10-12-2002, 04:14 PM
so did we decide fat free singles are good or bad? :-)

Shao-LiN
10-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Scroll up and read 'em.

Puttn
10-13-2002, 06:18 PM
well no one really came to a dicision we started talking about beer... some said it was good and some said it was bad.. i basically wanna know if the partially hydronated oil thats in it is gonna hurt me in the long run or now even

Shao-LiN
10-13-2002, 07:01 PM
You plan on eating a lot of it? If not, look at the top part of the quote. If you are, look at the bottom part.

But for such a small slice it's not gonna be the sole reason for any unexpected death.

An accumulation of the stuff throughout the day, everyday may though.