PDA

View Full Version : women here

sara26
10-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi, I am a 26 year old women, I weigh 126 pounds and am 5'4 I just started bodybuilding, this week, I have learned alot from the forums, I want to know if I am taking the right supplements, I am taking creatine(powder form). and I am taking prolabs n-large protien powder. I take the protien before and after workout about 4 scoops total, and 1 tbs of creatine with gatorade after my workout as well, I also eat good as well, I want to know if I am doing this right, and would also like to know if there is anything out there that would help me with recovery, my muscles are so sore today that I cannot even lift my arms over my head, I am not overtraining either. I also work out 3 days a week, the trainer has me doing arms and chest and abs on mondays and tuesday legs and abs and wedsday back and shoulders, I am to sore to do back and shoulders today, so I will do them friday, I am planing on doing my workouts on monday wednesdays and fridays. what do you guys think? is there anything I am doing wrong or could be doing or should be taking. I also take a multi- vitamin.

jds22
10-09-2002, 03:53 PM
I didn't see Advil in there anywhere. :D

Jerry

Shao-LiN
10-09-2002, 03:55 PM
You get over the soreness after awhile. It's common to get so sore when you're just starting out. Just eat a lot and get enough rest.

Bobo
10-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Yea after teh first week or 2 the soreness isn't that bad. I remember when I first started that I could barely put on a shirt the whole week.

Accipiter
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
abs 2 days in a row?

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-09-2002, 05:10 PM
What's your diet like?

BennettBoy
10-09-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
What's your diet like?

This is too good. TCD standing with whip in hand:p wanting to know about the diet.

:D

Saint Patrick
10-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Extra vit C and E wouldn't be a bad idea.

sara26
10-09-2002, 06:44 PM
I guess my diet is o.k this week I have had oatmeal and a bannana for breakfast and for lunch I ate white rice and with peppered steak on top, left overs from last night, and for dinner I ate steamed chicken with a fatfree chicken flavored gravy, with peas and yams and 1 bisquit. drink alot of water, does this sound any good, I also eat fruit yogurt as a snack, and the protien shakes.

Shao-LiN
10-09-2002, 09:40 PM
How many cals is that?

duque21
10-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
Extra vit C and E wouldn't be a bad idea.

Extra vitamin E wouldn't exactly be a good idea either....remember some vitamins a fat soluble and can become toxic, so if you up the vitamins make sure you know which ones are being stored and use them in moderation.

Maki Riddington
10-10-2002, 12:37 AM
More protein, less carbs, more fat.
Females are notorious for skimping on proteins and fats (omega 3&6) and gorging on carbs.

Smitty
10-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by sara26
I also work out 3 days a week, the trainer has me doing arms and chest and abs on mondays and tuesday legs and abs and wedsday back and shoulders, I am to sore to do back and shoulders today, so I will do them friday, I am planing on doing my workouts on monday wednesdays and fridays. what do you guys think?

Ooohh that aching feeling, i know its painful, but its kinda nice too (or is this just me being a weirdo:) )

yes I would move to mon wed fri to give each muscle set more time where it is getting the bodies full attention for building & repair. If you are training Back & Bi's on different days I would keep them as far apart as pos to let the biceps recover. Same for shoulders & tris. Good luck

prof
10-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Get some protein at breakfast

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-10-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by sara26
I guess my diet is o.k this week I have had oatmeal and a bannana for breakfast and for lunch I ate white rice and with peppered steak on top, left overs from last night, and for dinner I ate steamed chicken with a fatfree chicken flavored gravy, with peas and yams and 1 bisquit. drink alot of water, does this sound any good, I also eat fruit yogurt as a snack, and the protien shakes.

Aim for 5-6 balanced meals each day.

By balanced i mean include some protein, some carbs and some fat (preferably good fat in every meal where possible) and getsome fibre too.

a 4-scoop serving of Nlarge is quite a meal for a 126lb female. That must be like 1/3 of your daily calorie needs filled in one meal lol.

Can you not train every other day as opposed to three days on the trot? MWF = perfect.

Get a good multivit/mineral and worry about supps later.

My question to you:

What do you wish to achieve, short term and long term?

Short term, do you want to lean out or gain a bit of muscle?

Reinier
10-10-2002, 11:31 AM
also... whats your routine like?
you squat right ? :)

sara26
10-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the information, I will aim for more protien and less carbs, I have cut down on the n-large to 2 scoops a day, I am taking a multi-vitamin and extra vitamin e, This is for the_chicken_daddy, my goal is to gain a bit of muscle, I am kind of flabby I have no muscle tone right know.

Holto
10-10-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by duque21

Extra vitamin E wouldn't exactly be a good idea either....

it's one of the most important anti-oxidants and because it's fat soluble it can penetrate tissues that C cannot

don't take more then 800mg/day

Yanick
10-10-2002, 01:29 PM
You're a beginner so a sound training schedule (i would prescribe something different, but seeing as you have a trainer i don't want to undermine him), and a good balanced nutrition plan will add muscle and remove fat. Just work on getting into the habit of eating well, and listen to TCD's diet suggestions.

sara26
10-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Thanks for you help, I do not really have a personel trainer, just a guy at the gym who is showing me how to use the equipment and how to do it with proper form, he just gave me a routine to try out for beginners. If you have any advice please let me know it will help me out.

Allie
10-10-2002, 04:56 PM
I'll second the soreness like no other *remember the days when getting dressed felt like a work out in itself*

And Maki don't knock the fat free foods and TONS of carbs ;) Some of us LOVE carbs LOL

Saint Patrick
10-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Holto

it's one of the most important anti-oxidants and because it's fat soluble it can penetrate tissues that C cannot

don't take more then 800mg/day

Thanks for backing me up there Holto.

Saint Patrick
10-12-2002, 11:28 PM
one more piece of advice - DON'T ger a personal trainer.

Stefanogym
10-13-2002, 06:03 AM
however if you are a beginner you don't need creatine or other supplements except probably an antioxidant pill

Stefanogym
10-13-2002, 06:18 AM
you should follow a full body routine for this period

if you are really new at this sport you haven't got the motory outlines, so for the first month you can use Machines...in order to this you need to mantain low recovery times(1 minute) between sets, which must be light sets (12 easy repetitions or more), for increasing capillaries ...

so i suggest this routine for you:

warm up

hyperestensions 3*12-15
Crunches 3*12-15
Seated Calf machine3*12-15
Leg curl 4*12-15
leg extension or light squats or without weights 4*12-15
Chest Press 4*12-15
front Lat machine pulldowns 4*12-15
Shoulder press 3*12-15
Dumbell curls 3*12-15
Pulley pushdowns 3*12-15

cool down

3 times a week routine

ciao

Stefanogym
10-13-2002, 06:20 AM
if you want advices about a good diet, i tell you Zone Diet

Saint Patrick
10-14-2002, 12:09 AM
Hey stafanogym, you could've put that all in the same post, instead of 3 different ones...........