PDA

View Full Version : Furious Cutting Challange!

furious
10-09-2002, 06:53 PM
Alright everyone, I plan to start my cut on Monday and I must once again call upon your knowledge. This will be my first cut, and thus I am a bit nieve as to the elements I should incorperate in to my diet during this period. I am 5'8 158lbs at 1012% bodyfat, and currently consume from about 2800-3200 calories a day. My goal is to reach 151lbs and 7% bodyfat. What I really need help with is designing a diet that will allow to to lose 1-2lbs of fat a week. I would greatly appreciate everyone's help with this proccess in recommending foods, suppliments, as well as the amount of cardio I should do. I currently do 40 minutes of fast walking dauky after my workout and burn between 600-700 calories. Please share your knowledge to help this dieting novice create a diet that will allow me to become as ripped as possible. Thanks for all the help, and I look foward to your responses. :help:

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-10-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by furious
Alright everyone, I plan to start my cut on Monday and I must once again call upon your knowledge. This will be my first cut, and thus I am a bit nieve as to the elements I should incorperate in to my diet during this period. I am 5'8 158lbs at 1012% bodyfat,

Holy hell, you're fat!

and currently consume from about 2800-3200 calories a day. My goal is to reach 151lbs and 7% bodyfat. What I really need help with is designing a diet that will allow to to lose 1-2lbs of fat a week.

3200 cals at your weight is x20kcals/lb.

Over the next two weeks, gradually work your way down to about 2300kcals for now.

So, try this:

days 1-3: ~3000kcals
days 4-6: ~2800kcals
days 7-10: ~2600kcals
days 11-13: ~2400kcals

And then we're now ready to start dropping some fat. These first two weeks you may notice weight loss due to glycogen/water weight, depending on how you manipulate your carbs for your diet.

However, drop the cardio for now. This may actually result in some gain of weight, however, since you were eating such a surplus of calories, and burning a good deal of them off via the cardio. We'll just have to wait and see the result of the first two 'preparation' weeks.

The usual 'rule of thumb' for deficit is bodyweight (in lbs) x12. For you at 158lbs this is below 1900kcals, but i don't want you to drop there just yet.

Weigh in every week at the same time under the same conditions. Remember to weigh in on the first day too, so you have a baseline to judge against. I like first thing in the morning after a bathroom visit, personally.

Once you're on 2300kcals a day for a week, see how weight has changed. We'll also assess energy levels and general well-being at this time.

It's up to you to decide how you wanna go about the diet - what macronutrient ratios to use etc...

Get back to me once you've decided.

I would greatly appreciate everyone's help with this proccess in recommending foods,

Do a search and do some reading. There's loads of threads covering this question.

suppliments, as well as the amount of cardio I should do. I currently do 40 minutes of fast walking dauky after my workout and burn between 600-700 calories.

Except for multivit/mineral and maybe protien powder post workout (if you use it), forget about supps for now. Let's focus on diet primarily. Supps can come later if you like, or if you have the money to burn.

Like i said, drop cardio (for now) to see how the diet alone effects you.

Maybe keep a diary in the journal forum so we can keep an eye on you?