PDA

View Full Version : Mortin's Journal

Mortin
10-10-2002, 09:45 AM
OK guys, I'm going to give this journal thing a try. I would like to.. like everyone else in the world, cut up and gain muscle. Anyway, I have been lifting for three years now, my bench is 185 and I'd like to break 200 soon.

My typical foods in the day include:

Morning - Bowl of oats, equal sweetener
Snack - Whey protein shake + water
Lunch - Either MRP or Tuna or 6-inch Turkey Subway sandwich
Snack - Sugar-free jello
Dinner - Can of tuna or MRP or chicken

Sometimes I'll get a little funky and mix some oats in my MRP. I can't ever seem to lose these last few pounds.. it's really pissing me off. I bike to all my classes (i'm a college student), so I get about 40min of good cardio in every day.

I also take creatine and glutamine. Right now I'm on the WBB routine (4 day/week split), and it seems to be working well for me. I haven't ever really gone heavy in the past until now, and now that I am I'm starting to see some gains.

Mik
10-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Mortin, I wouldn't worry about cutting. Try eating more to gain some size then cut later. I'm going through the same thing...I know it sucks to have a few extra pounds but what's more important?
Good luck man.

galileo
10-11-2002, 10:14 AM
Work on gaining size.

What are your stats?

Mortin
10-12-2002, 08:42 AM
What do you mean stats?

Yesterday I had...
Bowl of oats in the morning

MRP + bowl of oats for lunch + glutamine + creatine

Foot long turkey subway no cheese no mayo for dinner
WORKOUT -- legs
Whey protein shake + glutamine + creatine
and a bowl of oats

These last few pounds are just killer to lose

ectx
10-12-2002, 08:57 AM
He means age, height, weight. I agree with galileo et al. I wouldn't worry about dropping weight, I'd concentrate on adding size. You look pretty lean to me. Doesn't seem like you're not eating enough either. Try to get some protein in with each feeding. It looks to me like your only getting about 90 g of protein/ day. Eating sugar free jello is like eating air. It'll fill you up but won't do anything to power you up. I'm sorry if this sounds like negative criticism. Believe me, it's not meant to be. Just trying to be constructive. You've got a solid foundation. I think the only thing holding you back is your eating habits. What does your routine look like? Post that up too. The guys and gals here are great and will be able to help you out a lot. Good luck.

Mortin
10-12-2002, 09:01 AM
i don't have a scale atm.. but last time i was 165lb

6'2.5"
18 yrs old

Right now i'm using the WannaBeBig 3 day split. I used to train every day. It's really weird for me with all this rest!

Mortin
10-12-2002, 10:00 AM
oh yea.. right now i'm cycled off the xenadrine for a couple weeks. gona pick it back up at the end of october

Mortin
10-12-2002, 01:37 PM
i am just really afriad of getting fat.. so far today i only had a bowl of oats and a six inch subway dble meat

Saturday Fever
10-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Afraid of getting fat? Do you spend an hour in front of the mirror every morning as well?

I don't mean to be critical, but you're a skeleton with skin right now. You'd have to gain 60 pounds to be fat, at least, and even at 220 you wouldnt be fat unless you spent all your time slouching around.

Mortin
10-14-2002, 12:48 PM
I am eating like a haus now. Finished a few bowls of oats + cereal this morning, had a foot long subway turkey for lunch.

Now it's off to the gym for a hardcore workout!!!

Mortin
10-17-2002, 10:30 AM
OK! im doing fitday hardcore now!!!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Mortin

just started today. we will see how well ic an keep it up. now i can see exactly what i'm doing nad u guys can critiuqe my diet really well too! :)

ericg
10-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Shoot for about 15x your weight in cals to start....eat every 3 hours or 6 meals a day....monitor your weight once per week and shoot for bout 1lb a weight gain per week, then adjust cals as necessary.....there are many more basics, these are just a few.

Mortin
10-18-2002, 06:16 PM
what the hell is this

it says i output 4100 calories today

and i took in 2000. i ate aweful and im full as ****. if i was burning 2100 calories a day i would be a samalian by now

Mortin
10-20-2002, 04:50 PM
how many cals should i be eating? and is subway ok>? cuz i eat a lot of it!!

howsertrading
10-20-2002, 05:02 PM
No offence meant,but you seem to be showing symptoms similar to those with eating disorders.You seem to think you are fat:eek:If you are looking for advice on how to become so thin that you are physically ill,i think you have come to the wrong site,most people here want to be strong and healthy,not weak and scrawny.You dont need to be cutting for christ sake,you're a beanpole.You should be trying to gain weight not lose it.

Go see a doctor

howsertrading
10-20-2002, 05:11 PM
" Bowl of oats, equal sweetener
Whey protein shake + water
Either MRP or Tuna or 6-inch Turkey Subway sandwich
Sugar-free jello
Can of tuna or MRP or chicken"

that's breakfast covered.........what about the rest of the day?

sorry for sounding harsh,but you really need to realize that becoming much thinner than you already are could be hazardous to your health.

Mortin
10-20-2002, 05:14 PM
i have been bulking... 2k plus cals a day...

howsertrading
10-20-2002, 05:20 PM
how can you be bulking when you are consuming less calories than you are burning?

according to that link you should be consuming closer to 4000 calories a day.Double what you are are taking in at the moment,to even start to gain weight.

Mortin
10-20-2002, 05:21 PM
so how many should i eat then

howsertrading
10-20-2002, 05:26 PM
(read my above edited post)

If you've been surviving on less than 2000 calories a day.Id suggest upping it by 50% to start with.lets say 3000 calories a day.and see what you weigh in about a month.

Also,how come there are no calories burned under the "activities" label on that link.Surely someone who works out 4 times a week loses extra calories.Should'nt they be listed under activities.

beastin v6
10-20-2002, 05:35 PM
I strongly believe that you should try to gain more mass. You dont need to lose fat bro.

Mortin
10-20-2002, 05:40 PM
ya i think i have a problem i will try to eat more now

Mortin
10-21-2002, 04:56 PM
i downed over 3500 cals today!! im getting up there baby

hopefully soon i will be huge

ElPietro
10-22-2002, 12:31 PM
Good luck with the bulking. Fat is good. Fat is anabolic. So eat your fat. The scale is not what tells you you are fat, a mirror does. So as long as you are working out steady and eating quite a few cals you will be packing on a lot of muscle. Even adding fat will probably not look bad as you will have all the muscle to go with it. But it looks like with your current habits you will have no problems cutting after you get to a better size.

I wouldn't worry about taking xenadrine right now. You want your metabolism to go slower right now, so save your money and help yourself out and keep it on the shelf for now.

Good luck.

Mortin
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
ok im really packing it down now

had my workout today.. . im seeing good gains FINALLY FOR ONCE! i can't beleive it!

how many cals should i be eating? im still really hungry all day and even when i wake up most of all.. and now i'm eating 3500 cals a day. should i bump up to 4000+?

ElPietro
10-22-2002, 05:12 PM
Don't be afraid to eat man. At your size you could go to 4000 easily. You will probably get some really good gains. If you find that you start putting on too much fat at once then you can cut back. I would say go even as high as 5-6k calories.

howsertrading
10-22-2002, 05:37 PM
There's no need to start eating like a freak.Just make sure you are taking in a bit more than you are burning.So if you are burning 3000 a day.Try to eat 3500.If your weight has been realtively stable whilst you were eating 2000 calories a day.Then just stick with about 3000 calories a day for a few weeks and keep track of your weight and more importantly,keep track of how you look in the mirror.Dont go from one extreme to the other.Your body's metabolism has slowed to deal with only recieving a couple of thousand calories a day.If you start eating 4000/5000 calories a day straight off.You may start to gain too quickly.Aim to gain 2lbs a week.If you are gaining much more than this,it probably wont be muscle.If you find you havent gained any weight after a couple off weeks,then you should add more calories.If youve added 10lbs in two weeks.You are probably taking in too many calories and you can cut back a little.

Mortin
10-22-2002, 05:50 PM
ok. and how long should i bulk before i start to cut?

i was thinking 2-3 weeks or so.

and how do you guyus weigh yourself? my weight fluctuates WILDLY. earlier this week i was 163 when i woke up, and yesterday morning i was like 167. it's all water/food weight. if i dont eat much then i will be back down. do i just take the average of every weeks weights (fitday will do this)

howsertrading
10-22-2002, 06:20 PM
try weighing yourself at the same time of the day for more consistent measurements.

ok. and how long should i bulk before i start to cut?

i was thinking 2-3 weeks or so.

erm...........the idea of bulking is to add significant muscular body mass even at the expense of some body fat gain.You aint gonna achieve anything by 3 weeks of stuffing yourself,and then cutting.You should bulk until you have gained significant mass,and then consider cutting,some people only ever bulk and never cut.Others like myself are seasonal.I bulk through the winter and cut for the summer.I may drop upto 2 stone for the summer.You need to think longer term in this business than a 3 week bulk.Think more along the lines of 3 months than 3 weeks.

Mortin
10-23-2002, 03:52 PM
been eating big guys! i cant beleive it.. i finally broke the cycle :)

hopefully i will be able to get some good gains. i could feel teh power in the gym yesterday already. plus i now have tons of energy, it's great.

its very odd.. it seems im HUNGRIER now.. im hungry all the time now. how can more food make me hungrier!!!

Mortin
10-24-2002, 09:08 PM
what do you guys think of my diet so far? decent?

im thinkign about just losing the subway

Mortin
10-25-2002, 02:17 PM
what the ****. i am now at 171 as of this morning... a whopping 8 pounds heavier than 6 days before. hehehe......
i think its time to cut down the cals to under 3k a day i guess ;/

had a KILLER legs workout yesterday though! got to love walking around sore the next day, i love it!

howsertrading
10-25-2002, 09:03 PM
The fast gain in weight is to be expected because you have just stopped what i would consider starving your body,I doubt you will keep gaining weight at the current rate,even if you keep eating like you have been the last week.Dont start worrying about your weight mate.You are 6'2".I would'nt even concern myself with keping an eye on it until i was around 200lb.3-4 months of steady bulking should get you upto around 200lb.stick with the WBB routines,and the compound movements.Then you might want to consider cutting for the summer.

Of course the above is just an opinion,you may wanna stay skinny.But if you want a srong looking and ultimately lean physique,then you want to be adding more mass at this stage.

Mortin
10-25-2002, 09:06 PM
i still look ok in the mirror... i look a little fatter i think but its prolly psychological. i think all the food did make me gain some fat, but i am eating clean and most i eat is 3500 cals a day

Frozenmoses
10-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Way to go, man. I was in the same boat as you for a while. I weighed 135 at 6', and I felt like I was obese. I was eating between 900-1400 cals a day because I was afraid of getting fat. Finally I wised up and started eating 3500, and I never felt better. You're gonna start seeing some great gains, bro. Good luck.

Mortin
10-30-2002, 06:33 AM
this morning i weighed in at 174

wth. thats 11 pounds heavier than a couple weeks ago.

i havent been eating enough to gain fat it doesnt seem... i only eat about 3k calories a day and CLEAN, except for subway which i think im gona cut out now.

good news is my bench went up... did 155x8 then another x7

woot woot

Mortin
10-30-2002, 04:11 PM
sheeet im gettin huuuge

Mortin
10-31-2002, 06:08 PM
god damn i havent gained like any fat and i have gained a lot of muscle so far

i am also taking tons of ****s and have tons of gas...

Mortin
11-01-2002, 06:24 PM
the gas is simply unbearable... its crazy

Mortin
11-02-2002, 11:25 AM
looks like im a meso... i have been eating a lot lately and its all muscle

i think my BF% has even gone down. had amazing gains in the gym. i just was never eating enough! omg i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElPietro
11-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Good job man. Keep eating and lifting. :)

Mortin
11-02-2002, 09:47 PM
omfg

my gas is so bad though

get this. today im tailgating with my friends watching the game... some dudes i dont know are there. bout 10 of us in all. it's windy, it's dark at night, and its open area.

im standing on the outside of the group, and i let one rip. no one hears it though. within SECONDS EVERYONE in the ****ing group starts going AWWWWWWWWWWW UHHHHHH "WHO THE **** **** THEIR PANTS". they go "seriously, somebody just **** their pants"... "either that or they have some serious intestinal problems". of course i just chuckcled with them. they are like "god damn... you know some dude here just has a nugget sitting in their crack right now".

i mean my farts are that ****in bad dude. its rancid ****... and that wasnt even a big fart as far as im concerned. i can fill my apartment with eminating odor within like 3-4 minutes all from sitting here at the computer farting nearly nonstop. lol

Mortin
11-04-2002, 09:07 PM
what do u guys think of my diet lately

Mortin
11-07-2002, 09:11 AM
im at 175 now

that seems like a lot of weight gained

can you guys please analyze my diet

and let me know if im doing anything wrong. i have been eating some sweets lately.. but not much. i will cut them all out now. it seem slike i am gaining a little fat

ElPietro
11-07-2002, 09:21 AM
Ok, you are bulking, but are also running for 40 minutes. Any particular reason?

Mortin
11-07-2002, 09:32 AM
yea i just felt like going for a run. i hadnt been running for a while so i wanted to see if i could still haul ass (i could).. but i was sore afterwords.

had to burn off some agression b/c of a calc test :P

ElPietro
11-07-2002, 09:33 AM
Ah, ok...thought it was like a regular thing you were doing.

jiacstrap
11-07-2002, 09:54 AM
I think running and bulking is a good thing, you still need to do cardio while bulking. Ya it may burn more calories but you are burning fat, and it is good to exercise regularly besides lifting.

Mortin
11-07-2002, 10:23 PM
i ordered a badass bodyfat caliper from netrition

so we will see what my BF% REALLY is soon!

Franjipani
11-07-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Mortin
im standing on the outside of the group, and i let one rip. no one hears it though. within SECONDS EVERYONE in the ****ing group starts going AWWWWWWWWWWW UHHHHHH "WHO THE **** **** THEIR PANTS". they go "seriously, somebody just **** their pants"... "either that or they have some serious intestinal problems". of course i just chuckcled with them. they are like "god damn... you know some dude here just has a nugget sitting in their crack right now".

*LMAO* @ this...

Silent but DEADLY....:fart:. Reminds me of my friends dog the other night while we were watching a movie..... Had to keep using a lighter to dispel the gas......

If you have changed diet recently - that could be it...

Mortin
11-07-2002, 10:46 PM
ya im pretty much over it now

Mortin
11-11-2002, 09:36 PM
ok guys, bulking has been going well.

here's an updated pic of me. the gas is pretty much normalized now. i eat 3200-3800 cals a day.

Mortin
11-12-2002, 01:29 PM
measured bf% today

12.6%

and when should i take flax oil, before bed? and 1 tbsp right?

Mortin
11-17-2002, 08:16 PM
i weighed in at 182 this morning

holy sh*t. that means i gained 20 pounds in about 5 weeks. i'm moving my calories down to 2500 a day from now on and we will see what happens. i have gained some fat, but not 20 pounds worth.

this weekend i had beer & pizza twice though... so i wont do that again for a while.

Mortin
11-19-2002, 09:25 PM
hmmm im thinking about starting a cut soon

i weighed in at 178 today

i think i have gotten fatter
i will take a pic tommorow to show u guys. u think its time to cut?

Mortin
11-24-2002, 05:08 PM
ok guys

i have gotten fatter

but a lot stronger

i guess that is the point of bulking after all right? its winter so im not going to the beach or anything

here is a pic as of 5 min ago. SHOULD I START CUTTING or BULK?

i have ordered DNP to cut with too.

Mortin
12-08-2002, 06:00 AM
OK

I decided to start cutting through the end of december. This should rid me of the extra fat I have gained.

I'm going to 2200 cals a day and morning cardio 3x a week.

I have also ordered some 1-ad and 6-oxo to run a nice cycle in January and resume my bulking. Right now i'm 180LB.

I still need to get my DNP... my supplier went awol. The bulking paid off.. all my lifts are up big time. It rocks.

Mortin
12-08-2002, 03:18 PM
so far the cut is going well

had 4 xenadrine's today...

got up at about 7, ran for an hour, came back, had some whey/creatine/gluatmine, then a bowl of oats then worked out at 10:30, came back had a myoplex w/2tbs flax oil, and 30 min later another scoop of whey w/creatine & glutamine. had another bowl of oats and a can of tuna.

so far i've had 1200 calories. its 4:30PM now. i need to go to the grocery store to get more food. i'm aiming for about 1800 calories a day. shouldn't be too hard. the hard part is getting up to run every morning, and going the distance. i'm usually really hungry right when i get up. no pain, no gain though baby.

we will see how lean i can get by january. i'm sure my 1-ad cycle will lean me out nicely too. just in time for spring break :)

The Calvinator
12-08-2002, 11:05 PM
um... you dont need Xenadrine, you still need to gain muscle mass. it will be a lot easier for you to cut when you have more mass. you should be eating more than 1200 calories by 4:30, unless you slept in til 2.
I have just looked at your journal for the first time today. did you not listen to the people at the beginning?? you need more calories in your diet. its different if you are eating 2500 calories from doughnuts. If you keep a healthy steady diet, you dont need to cut. I am going to keep coming back to this now to see how you are doing. NOW GO BULK!!!!

The Calvinator
12-08-2002, 11:07 PM
I think you should start posting what you do for working out and your diet too on THIS site.

Mortin
12-09-2002, 09:39 PM
started my 1-ad cycle today

i'm taking 300mg a day for the first couple weeks. we will see how it goes.

i go to the gym tommorow. chest & back day. right now im running the WBB routine #1 3 day a week split.

i will have to increase volume now that im on the 1-ad. i will be moving up to a 5-day/week routine probably next week (this week i have exams).

still getting under 2k calories a day. i want to lean out. i have a lot of muscle mass.. the pics dont show it too well. i have the biggest bi's out of anyone i know.. and i know some huge dudes. my legs are also enormous.. when i do squats you can see every muscle. kinda neat.

i'm looking forward to the 1-ad cycle. i got two bottles and a bottle of 6-oxo to run at the end. if this works well, i will do another cycle after this.

i also started going to the tanning bed again... gonna get ripped & tan baby woot woot

Mortin
12-11-2002, 01:10 PM
on the third day of my 1-ad cycle now. things seem to be going well.

bench was bad yesterday... didn't seem to gain since last week, which makes sense since I'm cutting. We will see if the 1-ad can work it's magic next week and maybe just maybe i'll see some gains :)

I am getting more ripped... I'll be interested to see how I am at teh end of December.

Vido
12-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Man, you're taking more supplements than I can imagine. Hope you have a lot of money because you're going to need it at this rate. You've made a nice progression, but you have to look in the mirror with a more objective eye. You are not fat. You don't need to be cutting, especially in the winter. Ask yourself, who sees you without a shirt off at this time of year? Yourself and a girlfriend if you have one, and if she thinks your fat you should give her the boot anyway.

You are taking a prohormone (which is stupid imo but I'll leave it at that), so get the most out of it, ie. BULK! Maybe start thinking about cutting when you are 200, but I'd say wait until 210 or even 220. Also, the idea of you using DNP is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. You ordered it already, so when you receive it just put it away for a few years until you might actually need it.

Clark
12-12-2002, 01:58 AM
Eat

Mortin
12-12-2002, 08:59 AM
i am cutting now..........

after im done i wills tart bulking again

now its off for my morning run :)

Mortin
01-30-2003, 11:12 AM
the cutting has begun

i'm on DNP... been on it roughly a week. Its very hot... very hot. nights are the worst (and so is class).

I'm gonna go for one more week. I can see the pounds getting shedded like no tommorow. I have started to feel the cravings everyone is talking about. I am hungry all the time. Just gotta control it.

I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Mortin
01-31-2003, 05:41 PM
what i find is so funny is that everyone is like dont drink on dnp

i find it better to drink on dnp personally

alcohol moves ur body heat to ur extremedies, letting ur body remove more heat

it's beneficial especially while on dnp

it will make you FEEL hotter, but just be in a cool environment and you will be sound as a pound

Mortin
02-04-2003, 10:34 AM
**** DNP is destroying me.

I had 800mg last night and I thought I was seriously going to die. I couldnt sleep... what the **** is it with sleep. it's like impossible to sleep on this **** without sweating like a pig. Then i would get up and go on the comp for 30 min and I'd be ok.

Anyway... I had the most pathetic workout ever today. I went to the gym to do back, chest, and shoulders. Did 4 sets of chest, 2 sets of shoulders, and 2 sets of back. I was so lethargic it was sick. I thought I was gonna pass out.

I'm sucking down my whey protein now. I think i will go back later this week.

I'm almost done with the DNP cycle. One more week max. I have shed so much weight its ****ing rediculous. This **** rocks... seriously. I gained 40lbs bulking and got a gut, now I have no gut and almost have my six-pack back. All within a week and a half.

One problem I'm having is that I joined a fraternity, and we're required to eat there. the food isn't all that great sometimes... but sometimes we have chicken and stuff. I still do my own thing and just make my own meals, whuteva.

Anyone got tips for sleeping while on dnp? it's such a bitch. Plus with my 17-credit schedule it doesn't fit in too well. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

Mortin
02-07-2003, 05:43 PM
ok, done with my first dnp cycle

i lost about 15 lbs. not bad.

now my back is like all dried out... happened after 2 days off dnp. its cuz like i sleep in my wet bed full of sweat. im putting mad lotion on it hopefully it clears up soon.

im going this weekend w/o dnp, and then monday my new AC for my room comes so i'll prolly start up another cycle and then i'll be done.

then i'm gonna run 1-ad, then deca/dbol 8 week cycle

i'm very pleased with DNP so far. it's very tolerable for me. i guess i'm just used to being super hot living in florida with no AC for the past few yrs :)

i bench like 235 now, but i rep at only 185 (8 reps then 6 reps)

i wanna be over 300 by this summer when i'm done with all my cycles.

i got to say its a slow ass journey but it will be worth it one day.

i'm engineering a new way to sleep so as to sleep on DNP. i'm thinking of making my bed into a vent for the AC and running the AC through the sheets, so then i get cool air blasted up through the matress. that would really help a ton

sleeping is just the pits on that stuff. once its 40 degrees in my room it wont be so bad though :) i got the febreeze now so i guess its livable lol

today i feel bad b/c i ate like ****. i had a brownie and a few cookies. oh well, eat good live good be good baby.

i really need to get a new routine too. today i did

3x sets of squats at 275lbs (about 6 reps a piece)
2x hamstring curls @ 160lbs
2x quad extention machine @ like 120 lbs
3x standing calf raise @ 180lbs
3x sets of bench press @ 185lbs
2x flat barbell press @ 75lb barbells
2x incline barbell press @ 60lb barbells

i shoulda done some more but oh well. tommorow i will do some more. i wanna nail the dnp anabolic rebound as much as possible. i love coming off this ****... u go from having no energy to having a ton. it feels like i can do anything!!

anyway, i'll keep yall updated... you guys havent been commenting very much. i would apreciate any comments u could give me. i will post a pic tommorow and my weight