PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout Meal And Afterwards

mrlifter
10-12-2002, 08:46 PM
HI...can someone please tell me what is the use of taking carbs other than at pre-workout time to fuel the weights workout ans at post-workout time to replenish muscle glucose? i mean if after a weights workout we try and crate an insulin spike by eating a lot of carbs so that muscle glucose is replenished and protein is shoved into muscle, then what is the point in eating carbs in our following meals as muscle glucose has already been replenished.....if we do eat carbs then isnt this a good way to cause the easy storage of these excess carbs as fats...the way i see it, we can meet our other energy needs from clean fat intakes........i would love to get ur thoughts on this matter..many thanx for ur time in advance......

LAM
10-12-2002, 10:15 PM
for optimum growth of LBM insulin must be present at low levels, that is the main reason why carbs must be ingested with meals...

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-13-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by mrlifter
...the way i see it, we can meet our other energy needs from clean fat intakes........

Yeah, you can if you like.

But eating carbs provides the insulin that will keep you in a more anabolic state for longer.

There's some other, less significant reasons, but all add up to contribute.

But one of the problems with high fat bulking diets is that fat conversion is quite efficient (like 98% or something), so overfeed on fat and chances are most will just get stored as fat. Overfeeding on carbs and causing lipogenesis is a bit harder, but at the end of the day, too many calories eaten from any macronutrient and you'll gain fat.

Puttn
10-13-2002, 06:20 PM
eat a balance :-)