PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Daddy (cutting question)

Saint Patrick
10-14-2002, 11:28 AM
I know you're a big fan of using "wild cards", and not taking extra measures until they become necessary (Which I'm not disagreeing with).
From what I've read, your advice on cutting is reduce calories. If reducing calories isn't enough, add some cardio. If the added cardio isn't getting the job done with reduced calories, then maybe add a thermogenic/ECA. (sorry if I misrepresented you there, but that's the jist of your philisophy based on what I've read from you).

Now when I go on my next cut, I plan to:

Reduce calories
Add 3 days of cardio.
Take Hydroxycut

All from Day 1.

Please explain why this would be a bad thing.

Yanick
10-14-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm not Rob, but i'll give it a shot anyway, seeing as i like to do that also. Basically its common sense. Your eating 3000 cals to maintain. To cut, cut 500 cals from your diet. When you lost enough weight you will plateau, so add in some cardio. When you're weight plateau's again, add in the EC(A), NYC etc. Another thing that just came into my head it the fact that Y, E, C help with the removal of 'invincible fat' through the stimulation of the release of more catecholamines and the antagonistic action of Y on alpha-2 adrenoceptors.

Basically, why sit on that stationary bike for 30 min 3x/week when you could just cut out a sweet potato from your diet or something along those lines. The cardio comes in when you're not comfortable with food removal (you don't want to eat less food, volume wise). Add thermo's when you're sick and tired of doing cardio (and when you're probably up to the more stubborn fat).

Shao-LiN
10-14-2002, 12:55 PM
What he said.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
What he said.

Pretty much.

If you wanna improve your cardiovascular conditioning or strengthen heart conditioning then go ahead. Otherwise, why go and do cardio (and get sick of it sooner) when you don't necessarily have to?

As far as thermos go, they may lose the jitteriness after a while of continuous use, but they keep their potency (maybe even getting more efficient slightly) but it's just another cost to bare - one which isn't necessary, but one that may prove more beneficial later on in the diet when you're leaner and fat loss is tougher and appetite and food cravings are greater.

But seriously, go ahead and do what you want.

Saint Patrick
10-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

But seriously, go ahead and do what you want.

Well like I said, I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just playing devil's advocate. Thanks for the reply.