PDA

View Full Version : 3 month update

kalashnikov83
10-14-2002, 06:47 PM
First pics are from 191lbs 8 months of training,and 2nd set are 210lbs 11 months. I gained some fat and am planning on cutting in the near future.

kalashnikov83
10-14-2002, 06:48 PM
old lats

kalashnikov83
10-14-2002, 06:49 PM
old wheels

kalashnikov83
10-14-2002, 06:52 PM
new back

kalashnikov83
10-14-2002, 06:54 PM
new lats

kalashnikov83
10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
new wheels

Tadger
10-14-2002, 08:28 PM
heh heh... I wish I had an AK. Kalashnikov was a pretty smart guy. As for the pics, nice work. Dropping that bodyfat a bit will definitely leave ya lookin pretty good. Keep at it.

steveo
10-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Looking bigger. Yeah you looks like you gained some fat, but you still look good. Good look cutting, after dropping a couple % you'll look awesome.

Black_Curtain
10-15-2002, 08:01 AM
like those shoulders

Big Show
10-15-2002, 08:25 AM
You've obviously but some size on your back,arms and legs.But IMO it sort of looks like your chest is lacking some meat.But good job nonetheless

kalashnikov83
10-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Thanks, I know my chest sucks but I put 1.5 inches on it last month and I hope good gains continue.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-15-2002, 11:14 AM
Your back V-taper = ace.

chris mason
10-15-2002, 11:35 AM
You know what, I never understand the drop this and you'll look good mentality. He looks pretty darn good right now! What do you want him to do, starve himself until he is a weak runt like most people out there. I have no problem with someone being very lean, in fact I think it looks good. I do have a problem when the lean (read little) guys are always telling everyone they will look good if they drop some bodyfat. Personally, I think it is jealousy on the part of the little guys because they realize they cannot obtain that kind of size. Now I am not talking about the people that just look sloppy, or those that have no muscle and high bodyfat, I am talking about people like this guy who look good. If you want to compete in a bodybuilding show, then you need to diet. If not, keep your bodyfat where it is (or maybe a little higher) and keep getting bigger and stronger while the guys with the washboard abs go nowhere (without drugs, or even with them for that matter).

BennettBoy
10-15-2002, 11:51 AM
I could not agree more chris. And I'm sorry if I am spamming your thread kalashnikov83, but as far as I'm concerned, you look great at 210 and could add even some more mass before cutting.

Yep, it is true that the runts "who love those abs" want everybody else to be puny too.

MRJ
10-15-2002, 12:34 PM
This is in response to Kalash:

I think you look like a healthy individual who has worked hard to achieve the body-type he desires.

How do you think you look ?

If you're satisfied, it really shouldn't matter what other people opinions are, afterall they are only "opinions". Some may be biased based upon their mentality or yes, tainted with jealousy over what you have achieved and they have not.

As long as you're feeling good about what you have achieved thats all that matters. Take any comments good or bad with a grain of salt.

This is in response to Mr. Mason and Mr. Bennett Boy:

To state that someone who does not want to carry around a lot of excess weight, in the form of a high level of bodyfat, as a
"weak runt" or a "runt" is inappropriate.

At 6'4", 215, I've got nice abs (and I always will) and I wouldn't describe myself or persons with similar builds, characterized as athletic, as a "weak runt" or a "runt". Quite the contrary in all reality.

Granted, I don't bench 400, squat 600 or deadlift 750.

I don't need to.

I do however bench 300 (in my normal workout, I might add) run 5 miles at about a 7 minute pace, bike, hike, swim, rock climb, play tennis & racquetball, and so on . . .

In short, people have different goals.

Those requirements will dictate the type of physique a person chooses to aspire to.

Because those goals aren't similar to yours or the method they prescribe to doesn't fit your method does not give anyone the right to use less than flattering names to describe said persons.

kalashnikov83
10-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Chris and Bennet thanks for the comments. I may add another 5-10 lbs before i cut. I just hate having the big fat rolls. When I do cut I do not plan to do it more than 1.5 months also I do not plan to get to an extremely low bf. I just want to lose some fat and then my bulk quest will continue.

BennettBoy
10-15-2002, 12:41 PM
MRJ, OK. Good enough. I apologize to whomever I may have offended.

And you are correct sir.

kalashnikov83
10-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Mrj we all have different goals and I think me, Bennet's and Chris's all have to do with having a great deal of muscle. If you want that, it takes fat gain to do it. If hugeness is not what you are after than keep the abs.

BennettBoy
10-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by kalashnikov83
Mrj we all have different goals and I think me, Bennet's and Chris's all have to do with having a great deal of muscle. If you want that, it takes fat gain to do it. If hugeness is not what you are after than keep the abs.

Thanks for the comments kalashnikov83. Chris indeed has alot of mass. I'm not that big at 189 and I try to keep my body fat incheck (I'd say it is around 12% now). That said, my original comments were really targeted to those that weigh say 140 lbs. and only want abs at the expense of getting bigger and letting their abs take care of themselves. A person weighing only 160 lbs. at 5'10" is foolish IMHO to cut way down to 140 just to see abs.

But to each their own.

MRJ
10-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
MRJ, OK. Good enough. I apologize to whomever I may have offended.

And you are correct sir.

You're a class act . . . I commend you.

kalashnikov83
10-15-2002, 12:53 PM
A six pack at the moment is the least of my priorities.

MRJ
10-15-2002, 01:02 PM

I would say that, yes, our goals are different.

Indeed, I have no desire to build a bodybuilding specific-type physique, but 6'4" at a lean 215, is a pretty good size dude in my opinion, if not HUGE.

With all due respect to the opinions of others on this board . . .

In my experience, effective resistance training, accompanied by a balanced diet (slightly above maint.), is required to gain muscle mass. Carrying around excessive amounts of bodyfat are not.

kalashnikov83
10-15-2002, 02:21 PM
It is good size, better than average but nowhere near huge. That is my opinion. We all have different opinions so if its huge to you so be it.

beastin v6
10-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Looking very solid, but i think those legs can still get more mass on them! Never-the-less..amazing progress bro! I think, you should keep bulking. Your still fairly lean to me, now me on the other hand haha im not that lean. People get paraniod because they get a bit of fat on, you can burn it off later!

chris mason
10-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MRJ

I would say that, yes, our goals are different.

Indeed, I have no desire to build a bodybuilding specific-type physique, but 6'4" at a lean 215, is a pretty good size dude in my opinion, if not HUGE.

With all due respect to the opinions of others on this board . . .

In my experience, effective resistance training, accompanied by a balanced diet (slightly above maint.), is required to gain muscle mass. Carrying around excessive amounts of bodyfat are not.

Mr. J, my comments were to those who feel the need to run around telling everyone who posts a picture that they would look ok if they lost some fat. Of course people have different goals, that is why I said that I have no problem with someone carrying low bodyfat and that I think it looks good. It seems to me to be too coincidental that those who seem to always make these comments are most often those of the board who are unable to gain size, only able to stay lean (why is all together another discussion). I don't make statements to those individuals who are very lean (and often quit small) that they should try to put on some size, I only compliment how they look. The lecture about different folks and different strokes is quite unwarranted if you read my post carefully. You may want to read a post carefully before you comment in the future.

I did notice how you felt the need to post your personal stats. If you think that 215 lbs at 6'4" is good size, then that is great for you. I have no problem with that. In fact, if you thought 190 lbs was great I would have no problem with that. However, if you decided that you were compelled to tell someone like Kalashnikov that he would look better after cutting, somehow implying that he doesn't look good now etc., then I would have a problem with that.

MonStar
10-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Great back man---keep up the hard work. :thumbup::thumbup:

MRJ
10-15-2002, 05:46 PM
It is good size, better than average but nowhere near huge. That is my opinion. We all have different opinions so if its huge to you so be it.

Description of a persons physical stature, be it height, weight, skeletal structure, etc. is all relative.

What's considered excessive in some circles, is considered minimalistic in others and vice-versa.

MRJ
10-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by chris mason

Mr. J, my comments were to those who feel the need to run around telling everyone who posts a picture that they would look ok if they lost some fat.

(Everyone has a right to an opinion, not just you.)

Of course people have different goals, that is why I said that I have no problem with someone carrying low bodyfat and that I think it looks good. It seems to me to be too coincidental that those who seem to always make these comments are most often those of the board who are unable to gain size, only able to stay lean (why is all together another discussion). I don't make statements to those individuals who are very lean (and often quit small) that they should try to put on some size, I only compliment how they look.

(it's human nature for someone to identify their strengths, while doing the same for others weaknesses. I however do agree with your point that some of the comments are not constructive, but destructive or spiteful in nature. I think it would be beneficial to those posting images for review to state the desired goal, along with the image, therefore allowing those who do comment to base those comments against the desired goals. What do you think ?)

The lecture about different folks and different strokes is quite unwarranted if you read my post carefully. You may want to read a post carefully before you comment in the future.

(A defensive posture indicates a person feels they are under attack, which you're not. I simply pointed-out the flaws in your comments and will do so again with this one.)

I did notice how you felt the need to post your personal stats.

(I did this simply to counter your and BennetBoys contention that persons who have and/or maintain ab definition are "weak runts' and/or simply "runts")

If you think that 215 lbs at 6'4" is good size, then that is great for you.

(I, and many others do, indeed. Thats just an opinion, though)

I have no problem with that. In fact, if you thought 190 lbs was great I would have no problem with that. However, if you decided that you were compelled to tell someone like Kalashnikov that he would look better after cutting, somehow implying that he doesn't look good now etc., then I would have a problem with
that.

(Everyone has a right to their opinion. When a persons submits an image and asks for such, what is to be expcted ? Some will say, positive things and others will not. It's all about personal preference, sour grapes or whatever. In all honesty, it seems (based upon this post) you have an issue with persons expressing an opinion that differs from yours)

chris mason
10-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Your observation is not accurate with regards to this thread. My only problem with this thread is people giving what I consider to be (and I am accurate on this count) backhanded compliments.

My "posture", as you put it, is defensive because you did confront me. Regardless of how "nicely" you worded your statement, and I must point out that I hate passive aggressive crap like that, it was an attack. Eloquence does not eliminate the message, it just packages it nicely.

As to everyone having the "right" to an opinion, who gave them that right? Guess what, in a society of any kind, opinions must be stifled in order to maintain harmony. Everyone has an opinion, but society dictates that we do not always share those opinions in order to not offend others etc. Remember when your mother used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then just don't say anything at all.."? It wasn't just another thing mother said. It was part of the lubricant which keeps society going.

In the end, I was not nice in my response. I was angry. So, to that end I apologize. You, on the other hand, by your own logic, have no reason to speak to me. If it is my "opinion" that you are a squid, then I should express my opinion, no? Remember, by posting here you have left yourself open for everyone to express their "opinion" about your thoughts (again, by your own logic).

You cannot, logically, defend someone making insulting comments and then attack someone else for the same action. Doesn't work, does it?

Ah well, again, my morality dictates that I should not have used insults to make my point, so for that, I apologize. Beyond that, I think this discussion will serve no fruitful purpose if pursued, so I will cease.

MRJ
10-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Your observation is not accurate with regards to this thread.

(I believe it is, but I'm willing to see your side of the equation)

My only problem with this thread is people giving what I consider to be (and I am accurate on this count) backhanded compliments.

(Again, this your right. It is also someone else right to be negative in their comments. Thusly, it is also whomever manages this site to determine this type of behavior is unacceptable and remove one's ability to post comments)

My "posture", as you put it, is defensive because you did confront me. Regardless of how "nicely" you worded your statement, and I must point out that I hate passive aggressive crap like that, it was an attack.

(I'd surmise you simply don't like your thoughts, ideas, opinions being challenged. It somewhow makes you feel threatened, it bruises your ego and makes you feel less of a person)

Eloquence does not eliminate the message, it just packages it nicely.

(Excellent statement, I agree entirely. In this circumstance I was merely being respectful of you as a person)

As to everyone having the "right" to an opinion, who gave them that right?

(C'mon, Mr. Mason . . . The Constitution, A free and open democratic society, etc.)

Guess what, in a society of any kind, opinions must be stifled in order to maintain harmony.

(This is called communism, a dictatorship, suppression, etc. Maybe in your personal residence, a third-world country, etc. this holds true. This forum is none of those, although it sounds like you'd prefer it to be that way)

Everyone has an opinion, but society dictates that we do not always share those opinions in order to not offend others etc.

(I believe in order for society to accept our opinions as genuine they need to be expressed in a manner that will be respectful of those persons who have an opinion different than our own)

Remember when your mother used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then just don't say anything at all.."? It wasn't just another thing mother said. It was part of the lubricant which keeps society going.

(To a degree this is true and is sometimes advice well heeded.
I, however, was not raised in this manner, in short "to keep ones mouth shut". I was raised to be respectful, and to express my thoughts whatever they may be. Our society was built upon everyones guaranteed right to express their opinion. Unfortunately, some persons do not do so with the aforementioned respect)

In the end, I was not nice in my response. I was angry. So, to that end I apologize.

(Accepted with gratitude)

You, on the other hand, by your own logic, have no reason to speak to me.

(My logic states that I do acknowledge a person and their position regardless of whether I agree with that opinion or not. To discount someone's opinion is to discount them as a person.)

If it is my "opinion" that you are a squid, then I should express my opinion, no?

(Yes, most definitely, but I would try to stay away from "name calling" it doesn't bode well to you as a moderator, a person, your morals and/or values. My advice would be to do so (express an opinion) respectfully, without alienating the other person. In this regard you will be much more successful in making the respective point)

Remember, by posting here you have left yourself open for everyone to express their "opinion" about your thoughts (again, by your own logic).

(Certainly, this is, afterall a public forum. I welcome comments positive & negative)

You cannot, logically, defend someone making insulting comments and then attack someone else for the same action. Doesn't work, does it?

(That would be wrong, yes. I am neither attacking nor defending anyone. I'm simply making a point, "that guys with abs or who maintain abs. are not necessarily "squids", "weak", "weak runts", small in stature and so on, as is your opinion. I am also reminding you that "name calling" to make your point known is inappropriate.)

Ah well, again, my morality dictates that I should not have used insults to make my point, so for that, I apologize.

(Again, accepted with gratitude)

Beyond that, I think this discussion will serve no fruitful purpose if pursued, so I will cease.

(Mr. Mason, thanks for taking the time and making the effort to express your opinion)