PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions for u guys,

jjcool
10-15-2002, 03:41 PM
hi,

2 quick questions for u guys,

1, im planning on buying some protein powder and i want your advice if it sounds a good one form the amount of protein and carbs in it?

SUPER PROTEIN , 800g
Compostion per 100g
Protein-70.69g, Carbohydrate-16.91g, Fat-4.21g

2, also can someone tell me what CREATINE MONOHYDRATE is, and what benifits you can get taking it??
as ive heard bad things about it, like it damages your liver etc?

thanx

restless
10-15-2002, 04:04 PM
1- Depends on what you want it for, i'd rather buy one with as little carbs as i can.

2- Creatine monohydrate is a natural ocurring compound found mostly in red meat and also synthetised by your body. It is used in the form of creatine phosphate by muscles to produce ATP which is used for energy and results in strenght and endurance gains, and in increased volume due to intermuscular water retention.

It doesn't hurt the liver. That's a bunch of crap. It is important that you drink a LOT of water, otherwise it might dehydrate you.

jjcool
10-15-2002, 04:14 PM
well i thought the more protein and carbs the better in building musles?

im a newbie so what do i know?
well thats what i thought?

restless
10-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Go ahead and buy it. But don't forget that protein powders will never make up for a crapy diet.

jjcool
10-15-2002, 05:25 PM
ok but i was also thinking of buying some weight gainer,

seen as thou the 2 items have protein in them am i best to buy the weight gainer

Shao-LiN
10-15-2002, 09:18 PM
All depends on your goals. I'd get majority of your protein from whole food though.

bradley
10-16-2002, 03:07 AM
I would try and use protien supps post-workout and get the rest of my protien from whole food sources. Remember supplements are not meant to be the mainstay of your diet.

prof
10-16-2002, 05:22 AM
whey protein is good as it is quickly absorbed, so is good after training, and first thing in the morning. BUT get the rest of your protein from FOOD, it's cheaper too. So buy some expensive whey protein but only use it morning and post training, and just get loads of meat/fish/eggs/ for the rest of your protein