PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and protein at the same time?

Ti1301
10-17-2002, 02:58 AM
Is it o.k to take my creatine and protein at once or is it better to space them apart?
Normally I take the protein 30 mins after workout and creatien immedaitely post work out, but I'v e been lifting at like 2 am lately so I take my creatine right after lifting and my protein 15 mins after wards. I would wait 30 mins, but I want to give the stuff time to break down before I go to sleep.
Been sleeping around 4 am lately so I have 1 hr to break down 25 grams of soy protein after I get back from the gym at 3 am.

Erbas
10-17-2002, 08:59 AM
I've never heard anything wrong with taking them at the same time. Though I'm of the mind that taking it by itself might allow for most efficient absorption of creatine. Can't say I've got scientific abcking for that assumption. You might try taking creatine before you workout and drinking your protein shake immediately after. JMO

Shao-LiN
10-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Actually, taking it with carbs is supposed to be most efficient.

Ti1301
10-18-2002, 03:06 AM
Yeah I take my creatine with Gatorade.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-18-2002, 04:27 AM
Hey, what's the take on soy protein these days guys? It seems to go back and fourth and i haven't been following on it at all.

Tina? Input?

Anyhoo, carbs will lift insulin levels in the blood. You'd expect protein from whey to slow digestion somewhat, resulting in a slower insulin response, but ironically, mixing whey and carbs causes a larger insulin response. So mixing all three (creatine too) might be a good idea.

Stressing over such little things will do you more bother.

Workhorse
10-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Soy in my opinion, isn't great. I'd rather be downing some tuna, a shake or a nice juicy steak!!!

As for the creatine/protein thing... I believe you are best off taking creatine with about 50g of dextrose/maltodextrin.

Workhorse