PDA

View Full Version : Profs progress

prof
10-17-2002, 04:25 AM
Never kept a jounal before, but here goes:D

Beginning weight = 185lbs (weighed myself last night thought I was a lot lighter, nice suprise) and I'm not sure of current BF% but have visable abs

Aiming for 200lbs at 10% @ 5`11

heres the routine thats gonna do it (i Hope) training 3 days a week, cardio is likely to be 5 a side football or kickboxing class

squat 3x8
sldl 3x8
calf raise 3x10
leg press 3x8
ab crunch (weighted)

rest/cardio

bench 3x8
shoulderpress 3x8 (dumbells)
tricep pushdowns 3x8
pec flys, 3x8
dips, (to failure)
cable laterals if feeling extra mighty
abs thingy

rest/cardio

deadlifts 3x8
pullups 3x8
seated row 3x8
curls 3x8
ab crunch (weighted)

I have dropped the weight on squats for a while to try and develop some good form,

Stats and weights next time

cheers

All

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-17-2002, 08:24 AM
Looks good man.

What's the ol' diet looking like?

Good luck.

kartwheel
10-17-2002, 08:59 AM
wanna wish you the best of luck man. all i can say is that you have to eat. i have figured that out the hard way, but know that i have learned that you just have to eat, i have put on 5 to 6 pounds in 3 weeks. go for it man.

prof
10-17-2002, 09:01 AM
gotta dash,

diet coming soon

prof
10-17-2002, 11:57 AM
right

Diet just eating lots so far, hopefully over 3000cls but need to test out

1) 5eggs 2 whole, scambled whey/oats/bioyogurt shake

2) cottage cheese, nuts, oats (all mixed in)

3) eating in canteen at work, so bit weird anyway roast meat mostly beef/pork, salad, cottage cheese, cheese, potatoes peppers, not really any low GI carbs available

4) apples, some days, can tuna, beans (borlotti/canalleni-similar)

if training then whey and brown sugar, half before and Half after

5) chicken/salmon/ brown rice/beans (see above) onions and cambels soup for sauce

6) tuna or cottage cheese & Flax or Walnut oil

whoa that looks like a lot, oh yeah loads of water too

Leg day last night and I'm walking like I have a carrot up my rs today due to beaten up Hams (not that I know a how carrot might change my etc etc etc but you know what I mean)

dodgy low blood sugar type feeling today after teaching for 2 hrs fealt a bid spaced, hmmmmmm

anyway back to growing it big ;)

prof
10-17-2002, 11:59 AM
will get the tape measure out tonight I could do with a laugh

prof
10-18-2002, 04:14 AM
OK starting stats

Not too impressive so far

chest 42
biceps 15.5
waist 33 (measured it last night after tea and it was 36 eeek, but 33 this morning was better)
quads 22.5
calfs 15 (weeeeedy)

current lifts

squat (smiths machine as no squat rack or spotters in gym) 4x 45 plates
sldl (no olympic bar all fixed barbells, so heaviest they have 90lbs)
calf raise 385 on machine
leg press 200lbs ish
ab crunch (weighted 140lbs)

rest/cardio

bench 4 45 plates on smiths
shoulderpress 3x8 (dumbells)??? can't remember
tricep pushdowns 3x8 90lbs
pec flys, 3x8 ???? "
dips, (to failure)
cable laterals if feeling extra mighty
abs thingy

rest/cardio

deadlifts 3x8 again no olympic bar so using dumbells (100lbs each side)
pullups 3x8
seated row 3x8 165
curls 3x8 (arms are normally toast by now so whatever I can manage, normally not a lot)
ab crunch (weighted same max it goes up to)

so using maybe too many machines I'm going to alternate smiths bench with dumbells weekly.

so whatdya reckon

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-18-2002, 06:04 AM
Dude, find a new gym!!!!!

prof
10-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Was thinking that but paid for a year up front, got a joint membership with the missus, so bailing out and going to Olympian or something is not a option for a while, Got some gear at home so will see what I can brew up

prof
10-23-2002, 04:34 AM
leg session monday night

had to wait ages for the smiths machine, as 3 big mofos were taking turns doing about 10 sets each, but eventually got some squats in, think squats are my worst lift warmed up with 3 sets of 90lbs free squats ass to the floor

2x45s x8 (oops too easy)
150lbs x 8
170lbsx7
180lbsx5

just cream crackered after that, but still trying to get decent from

SLDLs with 90lbs (too easy) 3x10

leg press, next ass to heels

just on 140lbs as having trouble getting it moving, but easy once underway, weird i can push loads from 90 degrees but weak when going below parallel

calf raises
175kgs (385 lbf) 3x12 reps need to work these as my calfs are tiny

weighted crunch all the weights ( 154lbs) 3x8

very wobbly getting out to the car, so although this workout can't be described as ideal it is definitely doing something.

Gonna try more free squats and Sldls at home, but not sure which day to put them on

Funny note there was a guy in his 50s on the stepper/stairclimber moving his feet about 2" up and down, no full rom here oh no, but he was 6" about 120lbs and WEARING a full hiking pack??????????? he was on for 1 hour what was he doing????????? trying to get thinner, I wanted to grap him and make him eat steak and eggs before he dissapeared completely

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

prof
10-23-2002, 04:45 AM
Talked to the manager about why don't they have a squat rack and olympic bar etc, and he said if enough people ask for it he'll sort something out. Trouble is as it is not really a BBing gym they make more money from all the people doing cardio/dance spinning etc than the heavy lifters. A lot of people feel intimidated by big guys grunting about with big weights, and the managers get worried about roid abuse/dealing etc, so they tend not to have really heavy free weights to keep the big fellas away?????it's a funny old world, Think they should have all the poncy steppers etc on 1 floor and a BBing dungeon too

WillKuenzel
10-23-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by prof
just cream crackered I have to know what this means. I don't even want to hazard a guess.

prof
10-23-2002, 08:49 AM
cream crackered=Knackered=very tired

prof
10-24-2002, 04:39 AM
Push yesterday

Smiths bench
warmup
don't know how heavy the bar works out, but 4x45 plates +2x10lbs all on the bar, managed 8,6,5,4,3 reps felt quite strong (for a change) all sets to failure

Arnold press 44lb dumbells
8,6,5,4,3 all to failure again

machine Tricep pushdowns 120lbs 3 sets of 8

dips 3 sets to failure

Cable laterals, 70 lbs 5 reps each side x 3

Dumbell flies with 44s again to failure each time, managed 5 reps 5 times.

Added in some calf raises on 385 as they just need loads of work

Food was good, but went to the opening of a new bar afterwards so had a few beers, just extra carbs I guess

prof
10-30-2002, 10:36 AM
wow a push,pull AND LEG session since last time I posted

seem to have lost 2lbs somehow, so eating loads today, I am definitely seeing some progress, although this may be psychological as it's such early days

added curls into leg day,

doing deadlifts with dumbells, bit weird but its all they have at my gym.

squat going up

felt better form is improving,

Having a lot of trouble recovering, seem to be tired and sore permanantly, even when working out just 3x a week

Push Tonight, my favourite:D

prof
10-31-2002, 08:49 AM
Push last night

smiths bench

220lbs x3,x3,x2,x2,180x4

oooh bench getting a bit better, trying 8 reps 1 week, then more weight/less reps next week

Arnold press 45lb dumbells x8,x8,x6,x5 (failure each time)

tricep pushdowns 150lbs x 8,x8,x5, seem to be getting stronger quite quick on this

Cable laterals 70lbx5 each side 3 sets each arm

Flys with 45lbs dumbells 3 sets of 8

dips to failure each set, pretty much all sets to failure

Triceps are totally mashed today and I FEEEEEL BIGGGEEERRR

but probably am not but shirt feels tighter than last week.

prof
11-06-2002, 05:49 AM
been in Paris France for the weekend, so no training, loads of beer and steaks with stilton sauces etc (nice)

training tonight wednesday, think I'm on pull.

prof
11-07-2002, 10:35 AM
pull session, dumbell deads, using 90lbs each 3x8, quite easy, need more weight next time

pullups 8,5,4,3 fealt really weak

so tried pulldowns 185lbs x 5 x4, find pullups more difficult than pulldowns

seated row, 185 lbs x5x3

curls, just couldnt do anything my biceps were totally knackered

think too many late nights and too much alchohol are to blame

weight was 184lbs so not gained anything yet [:(]

prof
11-08-2002, 04:37 AM
Legs

5 mins cycling to warm up a bit, and 1 warmup set

Going much better form is improving, feeling more confident 200lbs x8 x3sets, Smiths

SlDL using dumbells, 90lbs each 3sets of 8

leg extensions,3 sets 185lbs x8

leg press, lightweight but ass to heals, 154, 3x8

calf raises, everything on the machine 3x8

weighted crunches

Arm curls, 45lb dumbells x8,x5,x4

crawled out on my knees,crying wanting my mum

WillKuenzel
11-08-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by prof
crawled out on my knees,crying wanting my mum Ahhh, nothing like leg day to whup you up real good.

Since you don't have a squat rack or spotters, I would suggest doing walking DB lunges. These can sort of be considered walking one-legged squats. With DB's you can just drop them whenever it gets tough. You could alternate doing these with leg press every other workout.

I definitely recommend them. They really work your glutes and hams like nothing else. Though with the numbers you show, you might not have heavy enough DB's for this.

prof
11-08-2002, 04:54 AM
100lbs is heaviest dumbell so should be ok, I'll give it a go

prof
11-11-2002, 09:54 AM
Push on saturday

tried going a bit heavier

so 220lbs on smiths 4,3,3,2 wow felt very heavy, guess I'm a bit weak, but weight is definitely moving up

arnold Press 45lbs each dumbells, not very heavy but just done bench

triceps pushdown

3sets of 165lbs

Pec flies, 4x5x45lbs each dumbells

Cable laterals, 70lbs each side 3 sets each side 5 off

Dips 3 sets each to failure

Weighted Crunches

Well don't know if I got any stronger but got pumped up massively :D:D:D, looked pretty good

weight 184lbs

ate loads of food, mega cheat day

best meal,

starter-haddock smokies, which was haddock,cheese,eggs, garlic all in a mega thick soup, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Main Huge rainbow trout stuffed with cream cheese, loads of veg, 4 pints of beer

so stuffed I could hardly move, which was nice :D

prof
11-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Cool just looking back bench has gone up 40lbs :D

prof
11-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Missed a few workouts, and food going pretty poor, but still hit 86 kgs today which is 189lbs, yippee

Gym very busy yesterday so had a strange workout, squats, bench, bi's and tri's

squats are going better than ever, ass to the floor too, bench is going up too so all good stuff really

two lads were doing a workout which seemed to be bi's and tri's for about 1 hour, I asked where they had gotten this "great workout" from, and they said a magazine, I hinted that they were wasting their time, but as it was in a magazine they thought it was great. so I walked off thinking that if they want to stay at 130lbs for ever they were going the right way about it. aaaaaarrrrrgh

prof
01-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Ok been ages since I updated this

Changing to a 2 day split, as I am feeling overtrained. I had a week off went to the gym and felt really strong, so concluding that I am overtrained, I'm wondering if a 2 dat split would work better.

prof
05-28-2003, 12:49 PM
hello had to put on a miners helmet and break out a big torch to unearth this dusty old thread.

So any progress....., well YES

195lbs, woohoo

chest 43
waist 33
thigh 24
bis 16
calfs 15.5

I have changed things around a bit, to fit in with my lifestyle

training day 1 (PUSH ish)

Squats 3x8x180lbs (smiths)
Bench (they have bought a new bench and olympic bar)
180lbs+bar @45lbsx 8x3
shoulder press dumbells (48lbs)x8
(53lbs)x5x3
triceps pushdowns 154lbsx8x3
cable flyes........ dunno .......till it hurts
calf raises "

2 days off

day2 (PULL ish)
Full deadlifts 180lbs+barx8x3 (holy sh1t this kills me)
pullups-10,8,5 to failure
lat pulldowns, narrow grip to chest 155lbs
seated row 184lbsx6x3
weighted ab crunch

2 days off

repeat

don't know how successfull this is, but my legs and bum seem to be growing really quickly, can't get my trousers on, chest and shoulders seem to be lagging behind

prof
06-04-2003, 07:59 AM
push last night

went very well

Squats 220lbs 3x8 1x5 best ever for me

bench sames as squats,

I haven't tried a max bench but this is progressing well, I have moved onto freeweights instead of smiths and it has taken a few weeks to get used to the form.

shoulder press using 26kg dumbells (57lbs) 8+5+5 then 24s for 2 sets of 5,

triceps pushdowns, using the rope attachment, 60kgsx8x4 this is much tougher then using the bar attachment.

cables 30kg either side, 8x4

felt good, taking 2 days off in between seems to get my energy back,

prof
02-23-2004, 09:52 AM
198lbs now

squats haven't moved really

bench going up a lot, 6x 45 plates seems to be my 1 rep max

deadlifts progressing well, I never really got the knack before, but now doing sumo deads seems to be working,

Shane
02-23-2004, 10:27 AM
:spam: Holy crap batman, do ya think you could update a little more consistently. :p