PDA

View Full Version : My new life and training/diet program

crunch
10-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Hello All:

view this thread at elitefitness.com to understand why i am starting this journal:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=182390

-basically my good diet and training program when to **** last month after falling in to a severe depression -girl/school/anxiety issues. my stats in late august of 2002 were: 178 bf 8-10% (ripped)as of october 17th im 195 15% bodyfat?

Basically ive decided i need to get it out to the rest of the world in order to keep me motivated and on track, i need support. The stress of school, breaking up with my girlfriend and loosing my gains all pissed me off. So im going to log my training and diet in this journal. I will begin it on Friday October 18th.
Later today i will list my goals and plans.

Ive never posted on these forum, but i do frequent elitefitness, i have however spent hours reading here, and i do like the journal set up, please feel free to offer suggestions or opions along the way.

ericg
10-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Welcome and good luck man!

crunch
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
10/17

began thursday morning by finishing off what was left over from my binge on wednesday night, his is what i hope to be the last of my eating problem.
4 pieces of bread @ 140 cal a slice
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 box of mini wheats

took 2 exams---------decided to change things around, thus this journal

still all bloated from lastnight/morning

food consumed after above:
1:00pm myoplex

3:00-4:00 Skated @ Ice arena, noticed how out of shape i felt, how heavy i was on the ice

waited to eat-had class from 5 - 6:30

6:30pm mypolex (seems to be the only thing besides oatmeal @ my place)

7:30 1/2 CUP OATmeaL 1 scoop eas whey (1/2 serv)

--as of now my eating schedule is all messed up, from my bloated uncomfortable feeling,

hoping to get back to 3hr intervals again tomorrow

11:00 1 cup of egg beaters

1 tbsp flax

Notes:

well today was all messed up because i felt like crap from eating bad last night, my "new" program was supposed to start tomorrow anyhow, i did manage to control my self and not
splurge ---one last time (ha, said that numerous times) because im telling myself tomorrow is a new day. I did however watch my housemate consume 8 dollars worth of burger king right
in front of me. It seems like i haven't eaten much at all today, im fine with that after my

3 weeks of extreame gluttoney.

was planning on working out but decided i should get some decent sleep, i would've finished

working out @ midnight.

Tomorrow im planning on waking up to some Am cardio to start things off. Then eating 6 or 7

meals, and working out back bis and abs in the afternoon.

My diet will be more balanced tomorrow, and better analysis can be made from that, what i ate today was not my usual in my good states of eating.

-till then, crunch

Franjipani
10-17-2002, 10:05 PM
If support is what you want then you have certainly come to the right place....plenty of "guru's" here to steer you in the right direction...

Good luck:thumbup:

btw...just read that link you posted... I too have had trouble with binge eating in the past - comfort eating I like to call it... The first step to dealing with it is to acknowledge it - which you have done quite aptly. I also agree with the general consensus that in order to curb it you must break the pattern BEFORE you begin a binge...

Just remember we are all here to support you:)

crunch
10-17-2002, 10:54 PM
this is great, i know that with you guys on these boards i can do this things...in reguards to my binge eating, i just snacked on my some baby carrots and feel satisfied, i never imagnined somethingl like this could ever happen to me, in that sense i mean letting a small slip turn in to a land slide, with this I AM GOING TO CLIMB BACK AND BEYOND THE SHAPE I WAS IN just a month ago. thanks all! im looking forward to tomorrow.

crunch
10-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Saturday:
low carb'ed all day
took in eggs/flax/chicken

Sunday: 10/20
am cardio: stairmaster 30min

diet: meal one after am cardio
1 cup egg beater
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 tbsp flax

workout- chest tri shoulders

2 serverings phosphagen hp
30g whey protein
5g glutamine

1 can tuna w/broccli

1 cup egg beaters
20g whey

1 cup egg beaters
cucumber/salsa
1tbsp flax

overall low on protien intake...might add some more tonight before bead, woke up late so fiting in meals was all messed up. good workout though, decent cardio, abs was good. -cals low, ok, trying to get back to 180 from 193

crunch
10-21-2002, 04:57 PM
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup egg beaters
1 tbsp flax
10g whey

myoplex

myoplex
brocolii

---------------workout LEGS

2 servings phosphagen
20 whey
1/2 cup egg beater

-------------------------alright pretty good day, all i need is 32g to hit 180g of protein, ill have some more egg beaters tonight. feelin good. great workout. abs are sore from yesterday, back sore from 2 days ago. YES! This is what i need.

weighed in @ 191 (ouch)

later yall.

Miss Rezza
10-21-2002, 05:40 PM
:hello: Hi Crunch,

Welcome to the board!!

It's very rare that people are actually honest about the extent of their binge eating. Therefore you just end up feeling completely alone when you do overeat.... which most of the time just leads to more eating! So, congratulations on being so honest (especially with your posts at Elite).

Crunch, please just realise that it may take longer than you think to "get over" this. It is very rare, if not impossible for someone to wake up one morning and be "cured". The best advice i can give you is DON'T DIET! i am far from perfect with my eating (having battled every different type of eating disorder for as long as i can remember), but the minute i stopped being so obsessive about EVERYTHING i put in my mouth, was the minute my binge eating got noticably rarer.

I look forward to reading "your road to recovery"!!

ectx
10-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by crunch

---------------workout LEGS

Congrats on starting a journal. People here are great and will provide good insight toward controlling your binges and helping you progress along with the occasional spam. Post your leg workout. It'll help out too.

crunch
10-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Leg workout from today:

3 X 10 seated calf raise
3 X 10 standing one leg dumbell raises
4X 8-10 Squats
3X 10 Hack squats
3X 8-10 leg extensions
15 min stairmaster

I am trying to lose the body fat I gained while keeping my strength, ive lost so much of it from cutting all summer, and then foolishly packing on the fat. I am lifting hard.

My im trying to keep my diet like around 200g Pro 150 Carb 30g fat, all the fat is from flax seed. -or whatever the 1g or so is in oatmeal. My cals should be around 1900 - im taking cla @ 4g a day, and 10g of glutamine a day.

Its been 3 days without a binge right now. sat, sun, mon have all been clean diet days. YES! Im proud of that, i know once this fat starts melting off it will motivate me, im coming
out of my depression so i know it can drop the weight, and then add that lean muscle mass i want.

-took down 2 cups of egg beaters and some brocclii and cucumber tonight, will wash down some flax and call it a night then.

Thanks guys, -ill post more detailed workouts if that will help.

beastin v6
10-21-2002, 07:29 PM
So your cutting, is that right?

crunch
10-21-2002, 08:32 PM
yes, im cutting.

Franjipani
10-22-2002, 02:24 AM
Its been 3 days without a binge right now. sat, sun, mon have all been clean diet days. YES! Im proud of that, i know once this fat starts melting off it will motivate me, im coming
out of my depression so i know it can drop the weight, and then add that lean muscle mass i want.

Go u good thing !!!!

crunch
10-22-2002, 01:01 PM
woke up @ 7am to hit up some cardio
30min
(20 on stairmaster, 10 walking @ incline on tredmill)

8:45 meal 1:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 cup egg beater
1 tbsp flax

11:00
Myoplex
1 tbsp pshylum husk fiber

3:00
Myoplex
1 tbsp pshylum husk fiber

crunch
10-22-2002, 07:28 PM
7:00
2 chicken breast
broclli

8:00
1 cup egg beaters

10:00--will have
1 cup egg beaters
1 tbsp flax

tuesday: hell yes, another good diet day, also on the low side with cals. ive gotten a lot of support from other people which is motivating me to keep focused.
im very anxious to loss this fat.
-i just hope im not setting myself up for another BINGE, by strict dieting again.

Miss Rezza
10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Doing real well Crunch!

-i just hope im not setting myself up for another BINGE, by strict dieting again.

I don't think so.... unless you're constantly hungry..... hmmm, the cals do seem pretty low though.

But you haven't binged for A....G.....E....S!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

crunch
10-23-2002, 12:08 AM
set my self up for a small binge: damit!!!!!!!
went out to the bar, did NOT drink.
came home and ate this:
1 1/2 servings whey 165c
2 cups egg beaters 240c
2 chicken breasts 220c
a bunch of stirfry veges: 50c

not bad i guess, its kept almost within my cal range for the day...im still disapointed in myself. At least i kept it lower carb, and high protien, not a lot of sugar. right now im sooooo tempted to just blow it all again, i could easily throw back a bunch of oatmeal to top it all off, to make me sick, but i feel full now...some reason i want to feel extreamly full. damn this is the hardest thing ive done since kicking a xanax addiction.
thats 675 cals in a sitting tonight-300 of legit cals that i would consider a meal, i guess its not too bad, very mild compared to my other binges, i made 4 protien pancakes, and then had the chicken.
I DID HOWEVER OVEREAT in just a meal...even though it was clean food.
thats enough for tonight, i feel guilty just from this:::::::::::::::::::::::: those bulking would laugh but im trying to control my cals intensely right now.

Miss Rezza
10-23-2002, 12:32 AM
Hang in there Crunch! It's a good idea that you're here when you feel like this.... to take your mind off food! Even better, go to sleep early... that's the best way to fight off a binge!

crunch
10-23-2002, 09:21 AM
alright i just woke up, still pissed about overeating last night, it wasnt a bad binge though, thats for sure

not very motivated this morning, as i sip my green tea typing this: ive got to get in my morning cardo before my class.

aiming for a least 30min of moderate intensity, if not 40min.

goals for today:
eat 6 clean meals, stay around cal intake of 2000
am cardio
Ab work
possible chest/tri/shoulder workout, depending on how i feel -soreness wise.

im updating as the day progresses, it keeps me on track more than just one post @ night.

crunch
10-23-2002, 11:05 AM
cardio finished:

30min walking on an incline
10min running @ 6.8

good.-throat scratchy from social smoking @ the bar last night
dont even know why i do it.

not going to do chest/tri/sho but back and bis...did chest not to long ago.

im waiting to eat meal 1 now

crunch
10-23-2002, 06:37 PM
meal 1: oatmeal/egg beaters/flax

meal 2:
myoplex

meal 3:
myoplex

meal 4:
oatmeal
whey
----------------workout
meal 5
phosphagen HP
30g whey

crunch
10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
meal 6:

1 cup egg beaters
brocz
1tbsp flax

note: cals good, no binge today, trying to melt this fat off. low motivation today @ all but manage a decent workout.

back/bis/abs

crunch
10-24-2002, 06:06 AM
woke up @ 8am
no cardo this morning, too tired-hard a good workout yesterday with cardo so today i might wait untill the pm.

goals for today:
eat 6 meals
-possible cardio in the pm

waiting for my green tea right now.

crunch
10-24-2002, 02:34 PM
alright thursday october 24
sleep: 11-8 -good
too tired to do am cardio
meal 1:
oatmeal/flax/eggbeater
meal 2:
myplex
meal 3:
oatmeal/tuna
------------------------all good, no urges to binge @ all, had a nightmare last night about it though. weird. I remember someone forcing me to eat pumpkin cake, and i was so pissed about it.
hoping to doing some cardio tonight.
no one seems to be replying but i dont care, at least im on track

beastin v6
10-24-2002, 03:22 PM
i tend to wake up at night and eat. I have no control over it, it sucks. its the hunger kicks in at night. i wake up at say 3 am and go automatic to the frig. open it eat whatever is their. HATE IT!

p.s dont sweat it, i dont get any riplies either...this helps me mark my progress and not cheat as much!

Miss Rezza
10-24-2002, 11:13 PM
no one seems to be replying but i dont care, at least im on track

Crunch, don't look at how many people "reply", look at how many people "view" your journal. We're all here readin' about how well you're doing- keep it up..... YOU'RE AMAZING :thumbup:

crunch
10-25-2002, 12:03 AM
meal 4:
myoplex

meal 5
MISSED---went out and watched movies..couldn't eat cause i was not at home

MEAL 6-
to make up for meal 5, I WAS STARVING-i ate

3 cups egg beaters
3 scoops whey
a bowl a mixed veges w/olive oil

damn missing meals sucks

NO WOKOUT TODAY===TOMORROW I DO LEGS AND AM CARDIO.

crunch
10-25-2002, 12:11 AM
notes:
had i not had this journal or the support ive gotten i know i would of binged tonight....my body has been wanting more cals all week, ive been doing well keeping it at bay, tonight im getting "full" but not sick with clean food...low carbs -veges. (see meal 6)

went out to eat to with friends and just drank a diet coke, i watched others eat about 7000 calorie servings, cheese, fried ****, deserts...nasty. I just talked and drank my f'n diet coke. I swear not one decent thing on the menu... Said i just ate and was full. didnt even want any of the food, no cravings.

Back is sore from workout yesterday...good thing, had perfect form for entire workout. Lighter weights.

crunch
10-25-2002, 11:37 AM
FRIDAY OCTOBER 25 --------------ONE WEEK WITHOUT JUNK FOOD (SUGAR/FAT)

that wasn't so bad.
woke up late:
hit cardio up @ 12

30min running- awesome run, chin splints didnt bother me

planning on doing some legs today.

crunch
10-25-2002, 05:26 PM
meal 1:
oatmeal/eggbeaters/flax (how bland)
meal 2:
myoplex (predictable)
workout-legs
meal 3:
phosphagen hp
---------------going to red lobster for some protien, hoping to eat CLEAN

crunch
10-26-2002, 01:16 PM
meal 4:
salmon and veges @ red lobster (clean meal)
meal 5:
egg beaters/whey
meal 6:
egg beaters/whey

--------------------------------------
saturday:
ugh.....had 2 shots of rum @ 3am
woke up @ 7am for a
Meal 1: myoplex and some oatmeal/whey
slept more
3pmMeal 2: egg beaters/oatmeal/flax

damn, stay up untill 6 messing around with someone and you screw up your whole meal plan. oh wellz: diet still good no binging! wooo hoooo

crunch
10-26-2002, 03:17 PM
meal 3:
more myoplex YEAH I LOVE EM-chocolate soooo good. nice and thick like a milk shake

crunch
10-26-2002, 07:24 PM
meal 4:
oatmeal and wheat bran
tuna and broc

hit up some cardio today:
kept burping up broc though, nasty

20min run @ 6.8
10min walk @ incline

going to wait to eat meal 5...ill throw back more protien and fats tonight

crunch
10-27-2002, 06:47 PM
sunday october 27
meal1:
oatmeal/eggs/flax

2 myoplex

3 oatmeal
whey

4 myoplex

5 chicken broc

6 tuna broc flax

-----------note:
very busy, lots of school work, no binging, urgues though, no work out @ all today, funky weekend. tomorrow hoping to be more organinzed.

Miss Rezza
10-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Crunch, have you calculated how many calories you have per day (on average)? Just seems kinder low that's all.

crunch
10-28-2002, 05:53 AM
Monday October 28
Im up for some Am cardio, hit the snoozer 3 times, motivation low today, yesterday was a rest day, thought i might be getting a cold. Feel ok today. Hoping cardio goes good. Sipping on Green tea.

Goals for today:
Am Cardio-30min
6 Meals
Calculate average cal intake
Workout (chest/tris/shoulders)
school work-gahhhhhhhhhhh!

over cal intake has been low over the past week. -in attempt to drop some fat, im going to raise it once i feel im back on track, im almost there thanks to this journal!

crunch
10-28-2002, 07:25 AM
had some poor quality cardio for 30min
wish i could wait an hour to eat but i slept in too long, ive got class in a few so i guess im going to throw down a shake and some flax for breakfast.

cardio was:
30min stairmaster @ level 8

fitting in my workout is going to be tough seeing that I have SO MUCH S*IT TO DO FOR SCHOOL
felt like crap-(shoudn't of been around a sick girl all weekend)

hoping to have an ok workout for today

crunch
10-30-2002, 07:08 AM
waking up @ 8am to

oatmeal
egg beaters
flax
25/24

oatmeal
egg beaters
whey

25/24

oatmeal
eggbeaters
whey

25/24

oatmeal
whey

25/10

oatmeal
whey
eggbeaters

25/24

CARDIO
30min run
aBS - YEAH!!

eggbeaters
whey
tuna
broc

good diet dayl...bad journal day, forum down, so notepad suffucied

Miss Rezza
10-30-2002, 07:10 AM
sheesh, and they say my diet is :boring: !!!

IceRgrrl
10-30-2002, 07:22 AM
Yeah, Miss Rezza's got a point...your diet might need a little more variety if you're going to stick with it and be happy with it long term. Add some fruits and vegetable (vitamins and fiber) and maybe some lean meat (are you a vegetarian?) and some whole wheat bread, rice, sweet potatoes, pasta...you can maintain a diet that is within your caloric limits but still is interesting.

Keep on keeping on :)

crunch
10-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Wednesday October 30:

after Re reading my posts i realized i need to date my journals because im cant tell when i posted some of the things.

ok...you both are right about my bland diet, i however enjoy myoplex chocolate shakes, its clockwork, and it seems to be working, i get stuck in food ruts, and im a college student with not a lot of time to prepare food...i do eat chicken and veges mixed in.

Ok...today i got good sleep woke up and had:
meal 1:
same old
1/2 cup oatmeal
bran
egg beaters
flax

meal 2:
1/2 cup oatmeal
bran
eggbeaters/whey (pancake)

meal 3:
myoplex

meal 4: (pre workout)
1/2 cup oatmeal
bran
egg beaters/whey (pancake
baby carrots

--------------------------------same stuff over and over, yet i know the serving and preperation mode, its quick. bland but hey i haven not cheated yet.

I've been very lethargic today, dont feel like doing legs but im going anyway in an hour to crank them out. I was going to do back and bis in there too well see.

12 days with out a binge
also 12 days with no junk food -nothing but clean eatin;-)

meal 5
1 serv phosphagen HP
whey
1/2 cup oatmeal

meal 5
10gwhey
egg beater
broc -gotta get those veges in there

(one of my favorite foods...mix egg beaters and whey, cook it like a pancake, spinkle cin and spray with pam...yum)

crunch
10-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Ok, time to take a step back and look at my progress:

I weighed in @ 188 today October 30 after my leg workout
There fore I am 10lbs heavier than my weight in september.
I weighed 191 on October 22 a few days in to this journal.
So i droped about 2lbs in a week. Reasonalble weight loss.
I need to restate some goals for the next week to keep me motivated. I have yet to go on a bad binge.

Goals for Oct30 - September 6
Drop 2 more lbs of fat
Eat Clean
By september 6 I want to hope to weigh 186

This is going to be a challange seeing that it is my most hetic stressfull week of school to come.

crunch
10-31-2002, 07:14 AM
October 31
-wake up @ 7:40 no cardio today, too stress, did legs yesterday, need to prepare for an exam. damn school, interfering with my goals, which are:

CARDIO - Run? 30-40min
Abs

anyway:
meal 1 at 8:00
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup egg beaters
1/4 cup bran

(no flax today in the morning, im going to try to mix my pro and fat @ night, and not fat and carbs)

meal 2 at:
1:00
Myoplex

Meal 3 at:
3:00
Myoplex

Meal 4:
1 can tuna
salad
broc
1/2 cup egg beaters
10g whey

Meal 5:
2 cups eggbeaters
20g whey
flax

Meal 6:
flax

---------------------ok, huge urge to over eat tonight, im typing a paper and im stressed out, did not work out or do cardio because of school. throat is a little sore. opting to rest. Im thinking about attempting a refeed tomorrow. Gahhhh cravings: its been so long. Hopefully this entry prevents it.

Franjipani
10-31-2002, 03:36 PM
Well done Crunch:thumbup:

With focus & determination you can achieve ANYTHING !!!

crunch
11-01-2002, 02:34 AM
bad news.
i binged, gave in- its 3am i think it started because im under a LOT of stress, i started to come down with a cold i got from a girl last week, and i had a terrible day, could not fall asleep. diet went well up untill 1 hr ago.
well here it is, im not going to hide it...i broke my near perfect track record:
lets see:
3 cups egg beaters
2 servings whey
---------------------------this started it (was aiming for all protien)
1 pumpkin cookie, homade, dont know what the hell was in it fat and sugar wise
3 large pieces of some pumpkin bread, homade again, smoothered in butter
2 totilla honey wheat wraps, one with eggs and cheese, the other with tuna
1 piece honey nut bread w/butter
1 handful of m@Ms
2 resses butter cups

i feel like crap, sick and i want sleep. Im super pissed. Im going to forget about it and get back on track asap. This binge is not carring over. If i went 2 weeks without one, then had a minor one...i can go 3 weeks the next time.
the food made me feel sick.

Miss Rezza
11-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Im going to forget about it and get back on track asap.

That's exactly what you gotta do Crunch!! Hey, we've all "been there done that", we all know what it's like when your diet is going perfectly and then one day it "all goes to ****". But you just gotta realise that you're not alone, we're all fightin' it....... and you just gotta jump back on the band wagon!

You've been doing sooooooooo well! who cares about one stupid night!?!

Tomorrow is a new day :nod:

crunch
11-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Friday November 1st

ok, new day. bad night last night, im up on 4 hours of sleep about to go back to bed after this post:
woke up to finish a paper, then went to turn it in, hoping to sleep, wake up feel better, work out, do cardio late tonight and eat right again. I felt like sh1t last night, im still angry about it.

meal 1: @ 9
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup bran

meal 2: @ 11
myoplex lite
1 cup egg beaters

Meal 3:
Myoplex

meal 4
1/2 cup oatmeal
egg beaters

workout-