PDA

View Full Version : any advice on what protein out of these 3 etc would be apprtiated

jjcool
10-17-2002, 03:41 PM
hi,

im trying to gain weight at the moment and just got back from the gym after a hard workout.

well 2 questions really i hope someone can help.

1, why is it that on the day of my arms and chest workout, that after ive done my 4 th bycep set that my arms just fell dead the rest of my workout is lost as i can hardly pick any weight up as the lactic acid in my arms makes them just dead and useless?
is this normal??????????

2, as i say im trying to gain weight at the mo and i also want to buy some protein powder,
well the gym has 3 diffrent types there,

1st, Whey protein (small tub) ( 55grams of protein per serving, Calories 130 per serving ) around 30 quid

2nd, N-Large2 (small tub) ( Protein 24g per serving, Calories 130 per serving ) around 30 quid

3rd power mix (very large tub 5kg) ( not sure on protein, but it has 1600 calories per serving) around 25 quid

i asked why the first 2 were more expensive concidering they were small tubs compared to the very large (power mix)
they said its because they have better protein etc in them, and the last one is more like a weight gainer,
(well i thought all protein powders are the same)

well to me i think the last one is best as its a massive tub and would last me couple of months compaired to 4-5 weeks the rest,
well thats my thoughts anyway.

any advice from anyone here would be appretiated

thanx guys

;)

bradley
10-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jjcool
hi,

im trying to gain weight at the moment and just got back from the gym after a hard workout.

well 2 questions really i hope someone can help.

1, why is it that on the day of my arms and chest workout, that after ive done my 4 th bycep set that my arms just fell dead the rest of my workout is lost as i can hardly pick any weight up as the lactic acid in my arms makes them just dead and useless?
is this normal??????????

**I would train biceps last then. I always start with lare muscle groups first (in this case chest) and then go from there. I recommend performing the compound movements first seeing as how these movements involve numerous muscles at once and are therefore prime mass builders. I would then train tricpes as they are involved in most chest exercises and then do biceps.

2, as i say im trying to gain weight at the mo and i also want to buy some protein powder,
well the gym has 3 diffrent types there,

1st, Whey protein (small tub) ( 55grams of protein per serving, Calories 130 per serving ) around 30 quid

2nd, N-Large2 (small tub) ( Protein 24g per serving, Calories 130 per serving ) around 30 quid

3rd power mix (very large tub 5kg) ( not sure on protein, but it has 1600 calories per serving) around 25 quid

i asked why the first 2 were more expensive concidering they were small tubs compared to the very large (power mix)
they said its because they have better protein etc in them, and the last one is more like a weight gainer,
(well i thought all protein powders are the same)

well to me i think the last one is best as its a massive tub and would last me couple of months compaired to 4-5 weeks the rest,
well thats my thoughts anyway.

any advice from anyone here would be appretiated

thanx guys

**Have you looked at the serving size on the weight gainer? Although these powders usually come in big tubs they also require more powder to make a complete serving. You do need simple carbs post-workout which the weight gainer will have, but you could also get these from something like dextrose. Check the prices for a whey protien supplement and then add the simple carbs yourself. Might be cheaper in the long run.
;)

jjcool
10-17-2002, 05:08 PM
the weight gainer is 3 scoups per serving

The Badass
10-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by jjcool

Did I read that right? 55 grams of protein per serving and it only has 130 calories?:confused:

That doesn't sound right....what brand is that?

jjcool
10-17-2002, 06:11 PM
its right mate,

its even less protein than i said
per serving is 24 grams
and its made by prolab

heres the link http://www.creatinestore.co.uk/productinfo/Advanced_Whey_908g_100g_Creatine_Free.asp