PDA

View Full Version : Cheat day vs Cheat days

Destram
10-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Which is better when cutting? Having one cheat day where you eat a decent amount of junk or eating little bits of junk spaced out through out the week. Like some candy after dinner each night or something.

Shao-LiN
10-18-2002, 11:55 PM
I tend to say one cheat day so you have something to look forward to at the end of the week. I dunno bout you, but cheating everyday would probably tempt me to cheat even more during the week and you pretty much break your diet that way.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-19-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Destram
Which is better when cutting? Having one cheat day where you eat a decent amount of junk or eating little bits of junk spaced out through out the week. Like some candy after dinner each night or something.

If you space them out through the week, then you're just gonna eat up eating more calories each day. Chances are (but not always of course) that this will put you from a calorie deficit to a surplus (unless the cheat meal is really small, which is rarely the case, or you are in extreme calorie deficit, which is just dumb, unless you're on some sort of drugs).

By the way, it depends how you look at a 'cheat' day to decide whether it's good for cutting at all. If it's something where it's just a free-for-all, you can actually do more harm (i've done so in the past - 7000 calorie days are fun, painful, but since you need to eat a **** load of fat for numbers that high, it negated the week's dieting).

I may get some criticism for saying that from those who've used free-for-all days with success.

But really, when i look at a 'cheat' day, i still try and focus on carb over fat. So i'll eat sweets and ice cream and pastas etc... I used to start the day with an entire cheesecake at one point. It was like walking in circles.

And i agree with above, giving yourself something to look forward to at the end of the week can help you keep strict during the day.

thatdaveguy
10-19-2002, 07:55 AM
I try (and try is the key word) to limit it to once a week. I agree with the above post that cheating every day leads to more cheating every day! Be strong on your diet days and go hog wild on cheat days. My only rule on cheat days is to keep protine intake where it should be, other than that - oink oink! this works well for me, cannot promise the same for you, we all are different, just thought Id pass my experience on!

dave

Destram
10-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Alright thanks a lot guys!

Gatorvrx
10-19-2002, 02:39 PM
I have one day a week for a cheat day. That day is usually Friday.

TurboStu
10-19-2002, 08:12 PM
I go with a cheat food everyday. I have only one cheat food a day (now that does not mean I go to Mc Donalds and have a BigMac as a cheat food, I am talking like maybe a candybar, or something) I try not to eat too much cheat foods in one week, so as to not hamper any progress. For me doing one day a week of cheating would never work. I would get the mindset that "one day, have to eat all that I can eat that is bad for me, it's gonna be another week before I can do it again," and that would surely hamper my gains. Or I would liek that one day soo much that I would jsut go with it and be back to the begining. Good Luck to you either way you go!

Carstondrummer
10-19-2002, 11:08 PM
I LOVE my one cheat day, and I would definately recommend a once a week cheat day. It takes your mind off of a strict diet, and it gives you something to look forward to during the week when you are dieting. And another way you can look at it, after you cheat you say to yourself,"I'm so bad, I cheated, I'll work extra hard at my diet next week." It can keep you in line.

crunch
10-22-2002, 06:37 AM
my cheat days got out of hand, it went from one cheat meal to an entire day, those days would consist of 10,000+ cals, total binging, i even developed a disorder from doing that, now im trying to not cheat....its been 3 days. woopie! im not sure whats going to happen @ the end the week when im normally used to my cheat day, i dont think a cheat meal would statisfy me, so whats the point?

check my journal, i talk more about my cheating leading to binging.

jgleas14
10-22-2002, 03:21 PM
One cheat day is the best IMHO. Use it as a "carb-loading" day and you'll see improvements in your vascularity.. Crunch- you dieted and were successful once, you can do it again. You are the only one that can control you... Just remember back to how good you looked/felt when you had that ONE cheat day to look forward to, and it'll work itself out. In other words, you already know what works, and that's more than half the battle...now just do it!!! Good Luck bro-