PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Tried/read Body Rx 6 Pack Perscription???

Biggfish02
10-19-2002, 05:12 PM
I have read Body RX many times and it seems like a great diet. If you havent heard of it, it is the owner of MetRx and he explains a diet that will melt off your body fat without cardio. It is basically high fiber, high protein, all veggies fruit and proteins.

Has anyone tried this? It seems like the perfect diet to me for getting lean, but what about someone who is trying to bulk up? Would this be the perfect muscle building diet? Any opinions would be great!

Shao-LiN
10-19-2002, 06:24 PM
Want to lose fat w/o cardio? Lower your cals.

Biggfish02
10-19-2002, 07:04 PM
I dont want to lose fat, I am just wondering if his theories are correct and if his diet works great for gaining muscle mass and bulking up.

Shao-LiN
10-19-2002, 07:30 PM
The thing about diet is...to cut = calorie deficit, to bulk = calorie excess. And then in there somewhere are macro breakdowns which come secondary to how many cals you are taking in per day.

If his diet asks for you to get a good amount of carbs, protein, fat and eat a whole lot, then yes...you can most likely bulk with it.

bradley
10-20-2002, 11:35 AM
I believe his book is divided into four stages. The first stage is more along the lines of a bulking diet. I have read the book, but have not tried his exact program. I do believe it would work though. It is basically high protien/mod carb/mod fat diet, nothing new or special.

mr_hand
10-23-2002, 02:43 PM
check it out here. It looks pretty simple with the main focus being no inconvienence of calorie counting, which seems one of the main reasons people's diets go by the wayside.

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/reviews/body-rx.html

Yanick
10-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Paraphrased from Lyle McDonald, as i don't remember the exact quote:

"A fad diet is one which tells you that you don't need to lower calories to lose weight, then tricks you into lowering them anyway."

I assume eating only protein, veggies, fruits you eliminate a lot of foods that regular people would eat, causing them to eat less. You eat less, you lose weight. Its that simple.

bradley
10-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Yanick
Paraphrased from Lyle McDonald, as i don't remember the exact quote:

"A fad diet is one which tells you that you don't need to lower calories to lose weight, then tricks you into lowering them anyway."

I assume eating only protein, veggies, fruits you eliminate a lot of foods that regular people would eat, causing them to eat less. You eat less, you lose weight. Its that simple.

I agree, all the book does is divide groups into colors (green,yellow, and red) which basically makes you conscious of what you are eating. It does advocate counting macronutrients so which is kind of like counting calories.