PDA

View Full Version : Help

7ty9
10-20-2002, 12:54 PM
I'm been stuck on 228lbs(plateau). I don't care about muscle loss I just want to lose bodyweight quick. Yeah I know you have to be in a calorie deficit, but I haven't gotten any results. What are some foods that would guarentee weightloss? Like for example If I continue to work out & went on a all Rice diet, would I lose pretty much?

restless
10-20-2002, 01:03 PM
What do you mean all rice? Please tell me it's not eating only rice.

7ty9
10-20-2002, 01:23 PM
Thats what I mean, nothing but rice

_-_v_-_
10-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Any particular reason why you chose rise? Why not meat? Or apples? Or beer?

Heh, all beer diet...

Heh...

restless
10-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Listen, I usually say something like IMO to soften things up when I say something that I know other people might not like, but in this case I'll just say flat out that however sugested that kind of diet surely didn't care much for you. You will be depriving your body of most essential aminoacids and of all essential fatty acids and will be a matter of time till you get sick with anemia. Shooting heroin will also make you lose weight but it's a dumb and dangerous thing to do. Do yourself a favour and read all the diet section on this site before you do anything stupid.

7ty9
10-20-2002, 02:22 PM
haha man would yall help me out. If I ate nothing but rice throughout the day, do you think I would loss a nice amount of weight? I'm trying to get to 200lbs. Its the size I want to be for basketball. I would just like to get rid of the weight quickly. I chose rice because it seems more convenient

Just some girl
10-20-2002, 03:33 PM
you will probably not get any "useful" information here if that is the kind you deem useful. because the truth of the matter is not only are methods that allow you to drop weight fast the most dangerous and unhealthy ways to lose weight, they are also the least effective. because once you stop doing whatever it is that made you lose all that weight (whether it was starving yourself, or eating only rice, or drinking slim fast shakes, or whatever) you will gain it all back because you haven't permanently changed anything. basically you are asking for the most effective crash diet, and this is not something that people here (as a general rule, i would say) advocate or use. It's not good for you, it doesn't work well, and did I mention it's not good for you?

I would hope that maybe you could be convinced that losing weight as fast as you possibly can will not do anything good for you, but rather learning how to eat properly (there are many threads and articles here that can help you get an idea of this) will allow you to lose weight at a slower and more healthy rate and do great things for your body. Think about it this way, if you crash diet down to 200lbs but in the process lose mosly muscle, you will have done yourself a huge disservice by having lost a lot of the metabolically active tissue in your body. This means you will have lost strength and it will be harder to use up energy (meaning you will need to consume less calories than you would have otherwise to maintain your new weight).

Many people have been there. "...If I could just lose these 10, 20, 30, etc. lbs really quickly then I will be great and then I can change my habits and I'll maintain that." The problem is that there is no such easy answer.

*jumps off soapbox*

Shao-LiN
10-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Drop more calories. If you hit a plateu, add cardio. Hit another one, throw in an ECA.

All rice diet? No protein or fat? I doubt you'd do much good to your body with a diet like that. You need a healthy intake of fat for your body to get rid of the fat it already has stored.

I don't understand why you would want to lose muscle.

Stray
10-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Fast and consume nothing but liquids.

Your body will canabalize muscle for energy and you'll drop weight fast.