PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed.

AJ_11
10-20-2002, 10:41 PM
Hello all,

I have been doing alot of reading on this forum and find it very informational. I value all your opinions; it great that we can all learn from experience and teach others.

I need some opinions on my bulking cycle. Currently I am 180llbs
(up from 170; in the last three weeks.) I was at 13%BF(according to a fitness assesment) I workout 5 days a week 3WT Day all compound movements and 3 Cardio Days (20 min H.I.I.T) I also take an EC stack for extra energy. I also take creatine but don't know if its helping. I am also getting in a sufficient (3500-5000) number of calories split between 6 - 8 meals a day with a Cal Breakdown of 40/40/20

If I am trying to gain as much muscle with the least amount of fat(some I expect; I still have a gut I would love to lose)

My Goals are 200 at 10% (I think this is the magic number for alot of people) and overall strength.

Am I on the right track. Should I do more/less. So far I have seem OK gains but would like to see a bit more.

As far as the EC and cardio; should I stop untill I hit WT goal and then cut.

Thanks,

AJ

Shao-LiN
10-20-2002, 10:48 PM
No need for EC on a bulk, really. Cardio is ok as long as you compensate with more food. As long as your lifts are progressing, keep at it. Results will come with time.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-21-2002, 06:53 AM
You'll not hit 10% on a gaining cycle if you're above that figure, so set that number as a long term goal for now.

What you can do is focus on hitting 200lbs within the next 6 or so months while keeping bodyfat accumulation limited (try and keep below 15% or so).

Just ensure a small weight increment each week (0.5-1lb a week) and work damn hard.

By the way, 5 days a week means that you're doing cardio and WT on the same day somewhere. Stop that. It's not necessarily gonna hinder you, but you may find it does.

2 cardio days a week + 3 WT days a week is fine.

Workhorse
10-21-2002, 11:08 AM
If you've put on 10 pounds in the past 3 weeks, you must be donig something right. That might be a little too fast to ensure that is quality mass, you may want to cut your cals by 100-150 a day to slow down the weight gain to about 1-2 pounds per week. If you're gaining more than 2 per week, it may not be as good of quality as you'd like.

Just for a quick note, I'm 5'11", 200# and about 10-11%bf. So I'm probably pretty close to where you want to be. I'm hoping to get to about 210 by next summer (but still at the 10%). SO, keep it up, you'll get there!!! :clap:

Workhorse

Saint Patrick
10-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
You'll not hit 10% on a gaining cycle if you're above that figure, so set that number as a long term goal for now.

What you can do is focus on hitting 200lbs within the next 6 or so months while keeping bodyfat accumulation limited (try and keep below 15% or so).

Just ensure a small weight increment each week (0.5-1lb a week) and work damn hard.

By the way, 5 days a week means that you're doing cardio and WT on the same day somewhere. Stop that. It's not necessarily gonna hinder you, but you may find it does.

2 cardio days a week + 3 WT days a week is fine.

Listen to the man.

Stray
10-23-2002, 08:54 AM
:withstupi