PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting diet

Spawn_X
10-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Is the diet for bodybuilding and powerlifting the same or different?

Since I'm naturally bulky I couldn't care less about my BF and muscle size, but do want strength.

Should I eat differently or is the same (bulking) diet good for strength as well?

Thanks.

Yanick
10-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Bodybuilding is actually the only sport where the diet will directly affect your success or lack of in a competition.

Pl'ers don't really concern themselves with diets that much, they just make sure to eat enough to recover. They might be a little more strict if they have weight class limitations then they would have a stricter diet to minimize fat gain.

But basically its a bulking diet.

TurboStu
10-24-2002, 06:59 PM
I am on my schools powerlifting team, actually I am my schools powerlifting team, since the other member is inelligable, bad grades. MY diet isn't really strict. I eat healthy foods, no fast food crap, and I make sure that it is well balanced, vegtables, fruits, etc. But I do eat a lot of protien each day. That basically covers it, and gets the job done. Just lift like mad (helps if you have someone their yelling at you and telling you how weak you are, just infuriates you to put that last effort in to it). Good LUck to ya!

Reinier
10-25-2002, 03:44 AM
from what i understand heavyweight powerlifters just eat everything in sight, and weightclassed powerlifters eat very much a bb style diet