PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Big & Tall
10-21-2002, 11:48 AM
Alright, so I've been trying to stick to a pretty clean diet lately. The problem is, despite my best efforts, I am sometimes left with a bad choice: "bad" food or no food. This leaves me with 3 options:

1. Eat a full meal of "bad" food and forget about it
2. Eat a smaller portion, so at least I am not hungry until I can get good food
3. Don't eat

So, what's the verdict? I'm trying to gain, so I know I probably shouldn't go without, but will "bad" foods just end up contributing more to fat gain than anything else?

Also, I have seen some of you mention adding fat for mass gaining. I have been avoiding added fat entirely--is this a bad idea? Should I add some mayo here and there, or some fattier meats? Any input would be much appreciated. Things have been a little hectic lately, but I'll try to get my macro profile posted in the near future.

Stray
10-21-2002, 11:53 AM
What do you mean by bad foods? List some examples.

Also your body needs fat so dont avoid it...just try to get the good kinds of fat and stay away from sat. if you can.

Big & Tall
10-21-2002, 11:56 AM
By bad foods I mean things with bleached/processed flours, fried foods, fast-food type stuff, etc.

I know that I need fat, and I eat nuts, fish, meat, natty pb, etc. But I have seen some people talking about adding things like mayonaise and other saturated fats when trying to gain.

bradley
10-21-2002, 02:00 PM
I definetly would not go without food for an extended period of time. I would eat a small meal to get me by until I had better food options to pick from. A little fried food will not hurt you and you are trying to gain so I don't think it would be a problem. You do need fats, but like stray said stick to the healthy fats and try and stay away from saturated and trans-fats.

Big & Tall
10-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the input

LAM
10-22-2002, 05:11 AM
it is always better to eat bad foods then to let your body go catabolic