PDA

View Full Version : Road to ripness

Sinep
06-21-2001, 07:56 AM
Today I'm starting to get ripped again... bulking is hitting my back injury hard and I need some mental motivation to keep me going for another year. This cutting cycle I will reach 6-7%bf , maybe lower. Here are the change I'm going to apply
- reducing my total calories intake by 500cal each week
- cardio 3x a week, progressing with higher intensity all the time
- keep fat intake low

Sinep
07-13-2001, 10:59 AM
I'm so good at keeping a journal updated :rolleyes: ... ok, well I seem to be 2-3 pounds lighter. My diet is currently 3500 cal , switching to 3000 cal this week end. My cardio is getting along pretty well although I find it hard to carry 40 pounds extras compared to the ripped 150 mofo I used to be. My ankle feel somewhat irritated because of my jogging. I succeded in passing 2 grandmas who walked pretty fast... oh, and I should get put my hands on some hydroxicut sometime next week.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-13-2001, 03:28 PM
Good Luck Marc - I'm cutting too so we're in this together!

When it gets hard just think of the finish line.

MWB
07-13-2001, 04:15 PM
I just started jogging again and my ankles are sore too. This past week I substitued fast walking on the treadmill. It's easier on the ankles and if you keep the speed close to your slow jog the calories burned is just about the same.

vox
07-14-2001, 02:40 PM
By the sounds of it you need Pumping Iron quickly to rid your fragile mental state. Don't worry Arnold will be there Monday night:D

Sinep
07-16-2001, 07:28 PM
Cripes (expression borrowed from Maddog lmt.) , its monday and no call, I wasn't there to answer though... did he call .. wah , I WANT MY TAPE.
Especially that I just spent 135$CDN (about 7$ US) on tanning (3 months unlimited for 99$ + tax + tanning lotion).
I may add that today cardio was A1.

Sinep
07-24-2001, 10:51 AM
I'm losing the fat fast.. I didn't think it would go so well... I've been on hydroxycut for about 5 days now, I run almost everyday (~6 times a week) and I haven't noticed any drop in my lifts yet.

ericg
07-24-2001, 11:53 AM
Hey man glad to hear the fat loss is going well. What are your stats?? And what does the diet look like, include cheat meals??

eric

Sinep
07-27-2001, 11:10 AM
well eric, I'm somewhere between 180-185.. 5'7 and ~11% bf
diet is 1.5L of eggwhite + 2 shakes for protein per day
carbs are 6 meals of oatmeal, equalling to 2 cups a day
I got one cheat day a week that consist of a 6" sub @ subway, WITH CHEESE! :eek: hehe
I sent Frankster some of my pics and supposely I'm progressing at a very fast pace... of course he couldn't resist saying I was a "Gorgeous stud" :study:

On my part , I would say that I am on the right track as well... my lifts have decreased a little bit (lost 1-2 reps on the squat @ 315). The temptation to cheat isn't really there... just in the Subway I almost went for a footlong instead of 6" but I fought it. Tomorrow I'll be dropping to 1L of eggwhite. Now that I've added cardio, I feel alot more athletic than before, its like I could start running , do 3 front flip followed by an horizontal double side kick - uppercut [remember that finishing move of Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat)] Neway, that's compared to before where walking was a challenge...

ericg
07-27-2001, 11:25 AM
Cool man

Glad to hear you are making great progress!! Keep it up.

Dam u eat a lot of egg whites. How can you stand eating JUST egg whites and oats?? How do you prepare them?

Thanks for the info:thumbup:

Sinep
07-28-2001, 02:38 PM
I am very pissed and anxious of my serious weigth lost... last week I was a strong bxtch and today I am a weak mutha****a... I lost between 1/2" and 1" on almost every bodyparts and my weigth is down to 177. I think it has alot to do with my carbs crash I did this week ... my muscles felt empty with no energy to drive them during today's training (my bench went down alot). BUT the good news is that I can still bench close to twice as much what cack can do and my definition is still improving. You guys know what I'm gonna do right now? Subway.

vox
07-28-2001, 03:42 PM
Sinep I know that this isn't your cheat day because that was Tuesday. I know because you said that you had to wait in line:D. So I have taken it apon myself to come stake out your appartment to help you. I packed a dozzen egg cartons, 3 chicken and a sleeping bag. So don't try to sneak to subway or you will find out why I am "CRAZY" Joe. :bash:

Sinep
07-28-2001, 05:28 PM
Well guess what... while you were typing this I probably had the whole 12" sub down my throat at once (I said SUB, not dick). :alcoholic: Well I'm 'over' this now , just had a little nap and now I'm back in force with a change of plan...
Before
- Cardio daily
- Diet = been under 2000
- Training = 3 times a week
New Plan
- Cardio 2x a week
- Diet = steady for a while at 2500
- Training = 5 times a week

We'll see how that goes... I might have overestimated my tolerance to keeping muscle :cry:

chris mason
07-28-2001, 06:16 PM
Damn Sinep, when are you gonna listen??? 2000 calories a day is not going to keep your muscle, PERIOD! You need to up your cals, reduce the aerobic work, and do this a little more slowly.

Sinep
07-28-2001, 06:49 PM
I did expect you to take a bit off me for that one Chris and I admit I was wrong on my approach... keep in mind that I have less than 2 months to get under 5% bf so that's why I'm running and craving my ass off... stupid idea but like I said, I overestimated my tolerance... to give you an insight of what I've done so far...
started with calories at 3500 (approx. what I used during my bulk)... did that for a week, lowered 500cal each week.. did that until I reached 2000, and lately I've been under 2000.... I think the whole thing wouldn't have been half as bad if I hadn't done so much cardio. So I'll be upping my diet to 2500 cal a day and do less cardio.

Sinep
07-29-2001, 08:35 PM
In honor of the 728 little chicks who died with courage in the last few weeks.

Frankster
07-30-2001, 07:27 AM
bwahahaaha.. man you sure drink a lot of egg whites:fart:

kAto
07-30-2001, 07:55 AM
sinep, i dont mean to "team up" with mase against you but, there is no way you can make it down to 5% bf in 2 months NATURAL without substantial muscle loss. its just not possible unless you have sick genetics; also dropping calories at 500 a week is too much.... so it good that you changed that.

from what i know you've been working really hard "bulking up" and building quality mass, but why go the three steps forward two steps back approach? thats what it seems like is happening. i'll get to the point; why dont you go on clen or a low dose of anavar to retain all your muscle mass, while still achieving your goal; you will look 2x as good after the cutting. i know that you are natural and i dont mean to put you down in any way, but what is stopping you from cycling some clen? its not "really" a steroid... i mean doesnt ronan use it?

losing muscle is the absolute worse thing that can occur when dieting, IMO there is 3 ways to diet successfully.

1. slowly reduce calories, i mean SLOWLY, talking several months.
2. use an "anti-catabolic helper" allowing a more margin for greater caloric decreases in short periods of time
3. what i use; CKD. *hella discipline* i would recommed this one to you, its very simple, but takes alot of discipline; which im sure you have.

lastly,i apologize if i discouraged you and your goal in any way, im just concerned on the amount of the hard earned muscle you could lose following your approach, im merely just suggesting what i "think" are better ways to diet.

tell me what you think bro

Sinep
07-30-2001, 09:28 AM
hey kato, I'm open to anything... thanks for your constructive input. I'm staying away from any illegal substances for now. It turns out my muscle loss was a bit exagerated since my muscle were empty of glycogen and they filled back up the day after when I upped my diet. I have known myself to be super resistant in the past for keeping muscle mass while dieting hard so I guess my genetics are kinda 'sick' in that way...
Right now I'm thinking of doing a higher volume of weights and less cardio...
I would really like to hear about the CKD approach you're talking about... discipline is not a factor... I've been on eggwhite for the last few months, I can do anything :)

kAto
07-30-2001, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Sinep
hey kato, I'm open to anything... thanks for your constructive input. I'm staying away from any illegal substances for now. It turns out my muscle loss was a bit exagerated since my muscle were empty of glycogen and they filled back up the day after when I upped my diet. I have known myself to be super resistant in the past for keeping muscle mass while dieting hard so I guess my genetics are kinda 'sick' in that way...
Right now I'm thinking of doing a higher volume of weights and less cardio...
I would really like to hear about the CKD approach you're talking about... discipline is not a factor... I've been on eggwhite for the last few months, I can do anything :)

hey thats cool, natty is extremely admirable:)

basically on a CKD diet you cut all carbohydrates from your diet with the exception of fibre; therefore forcing you body into a state of starvation called ketosis, this takes anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the person to reach ketosis.

on a ckd the majority of the calories you consume is fat; and when i mean fat i mean any kind of fat, bacon, sausage, whole eggs, etc... and ofcourse efa's

this diet absolutely takes you insulin out of the equation so your body has no choice but to get its nessesary nutrients from stored fat.

i was on CKD i while ago and my cals were down to 1600, thats really low but i did not lose any muscle, i was losing 2 pounds of fat a week!

i actually lose about 10 lbs during the week but most of it is all water from the lack of carbs; and i usually gain back all the water every weekend on carb-up, but am left more leaner each week.

weekend carb up eat alot of carbs; youll love this day, i usually eat pizza, icecream, french fries, pastries, bagels, but try to stay away from fat, keep protein constant but no fat on carb up day.

my carbup day last 36 hours- i suggest you hit your weakest, most lagging bodypart the day exactly after your last carb meal, that way you get the most out of that workout.

i cant explain it all cause it will take forever, but heres a site that has a basic outline of the diet.

btw the sample diet on the site is no good, theres too much protein, fat-70% protein -30% or less is the ideal ratio.

www.hardbodiessupplements.com/ketogenicdieting.htm

its pretty basic; do some searches on you own and soak up all the knowledge you can. read about TKD too; targeted......

this is by far the best natural way to lose fat, the only problem is, is that i takes so much discipline; but by the sounds of it you already have that in check.

this diet should work real well for if you choose to dabble.

good luck bro

:)

kAto
07-30-2001, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Sinep
In honor of the 728 little chicks who died with courage in the last few weeks.

holy sh*t! LMFAO, hahahahaha! i missed that the first time i clicked on the thread.

damn sinep you must carry the worst farts...:nod:

Sinep
08-03-2001, 10:47 PM
Alrighty, time for an update...
I probably haven't lost a pound this week... I will do a few adjustment this week-end..
my protein intake will drop from being 225-250g / day to 200-225g / day
And after a week of slacking from my cardio , I am returning to my duties once again tomorrow... my calves needed that break anyway, they were overtrained by doing cardio non-stop.

Also, this doesn't really have much to do with my cutting cycle but my tan is coming along quite well... I never noticed how much of a difference a tan could make on me, c'est jolie :french:

Sinep
08-07-2001, 09:26 PM
ahh... the appartement room above me just banged real hard cause I had my music to loud.. oups :angel:
anyway.. I guess I could post a picture ... don't feel like typing so here I am in my cool everlast undies. My chest still look a bit flat I know but it gets better once pumped good. ah well..

Bigmofo
08-08-2001, 09:59 AM
Looking good bro, compared with the pics you posted on the anabolic forum you havent lost much muscle. Keep it up:cool:

swedishviking
08-08-2001, 01:45 PM
Lookin' very good, keep up the good work!!

Savannah
08-09-2001, 10:49 AM
I laughed so much at all the egg white cartons!!!!:p

Maddog
08-09-2001, 12:21 PM
Lookin' good bro. :thumbup: We've both been busy so its hard to keep in touch. Hope to see you in icq.

chris mason
08-09-2001, 01:39 PM
You look very good, much leaner than before.

Cackerot69
08-09-2001, 07:48 PM
Since you strategically left your oversized head out of the picture, you look good.

Sinep
08-09-2001, 08:08 PM
thanks to everybody's comment, I'm gonna get ripped big time in the next 2-3 weeks... it may be a suicidal attempt but it's all the hope I got left.
and cack, the same thing could be said about you not posting a picture at all... strategically.

08-09-2001, 08:16 PM
Cack has posted a pic. Its right under his name.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-10-2001, 10:58 AM
What are your plans for a big 2-3 week rip up?

Ask ronan for simple metabolism boosting techniques - he's full of them.

Ronan
08-10-2001, 12:59 PM
nice condition and tan!

why do you have to diet so fast? Take it nice and gradual in future

vox
08-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Looking really good bro! You are getting really good definition in your shoulders and tri's. Great improvement since I last saw ya. Keep up that egg white eatin'.:D

Frankster
08-15-2001, 11:44 AM
*cough* update *cough*

Sinep
08-16-2001, 05:54 PM
Here's a pic.. shut your mouth now

Mystic Eric
08-16-2001, 06:14 PM
whoa sexy.. lol j/k

looking good bro. how many more weeks t'ill you reach your final destination so to speak? is your sodium level a little high? 'cause you look a tad bit smooth.

chris mason
08-16-2001, 06:43 PM
You look really good.

Tryska
08-16-2001, 06:54 PM
looking good bruh.....:)

and cack.....tuttut

Frankster
08-16-2001, 08:47 PM
:eek:

gooooddd job!!! can't wait to see you on stage! :)

Chris Rodgers
08-16-2001, 09:39 PM
Damn!!

You look fuggin huge!! You only weigh like 175???

Maki Riddington
08-17-2001, 12:22 AM
Wow.:eek:

Franco
08-17-2001, 05:21 AM
Good work Marc, at least the kitchen is tidy this time:)

Yaz
08-17-2001, 07:59 AM
Dude I swear your head shrunk.

Good work too, btw. ;)

kAto
08-17-2001, 08:28 AM
look good bro. nice tan.

Hot Shot
08-17-2001, 02:43 PM
excellente shape :french:

vox
08-17-2001, 04:13 PM
Man you have cut down a lot since I first met you. I thought I noticed you were getting good def. in your traps the other night. It looks like you are getting some vainage in your arms to. Looking real good. Like Frank said "Can't wait to see you on stage." By the way I showed my girlfriend the pics you sent me of the last time you cut and she hasn't been the same since.:mad: :D

08-17-2001, 05:07 PM
sinep, looking good. Are you getting ready for an upcoming show?

vox
08-23-2001, 07:25 AM
I think it is time for some updating. We need to know.:mad:

Sinep
08-23-2001, 08:35 AM
Ok, well.. I've upped my cardio to twice a day almost everyday... morning and night. High intensity interval (jog, powerwalk) cardio. My strenght has gone down a fair bit , my muscle are drained.. my weight must be somewhere close to the 170. I've also started going to the tanning salon more often...
Anyone knows where to buy my competition stuff (my underwear suit, protan, oil, what else? ).

vox
08-23-2001, 08:45 AM
Btw if you are wanting to get something to take the red out of your strecth marks, Stephanie said she can hook you up with some stuff at her work. If this is still a problem let me know.

Maddog
08-23-2001, 09:26 AM
Nu-Image here in Moncton has that stuff. Road trip.

YatesNightBlade
08-23-2001, 09:35 AM
bodybuilding.com do DreamTan quite cheap.

Cackerot69
08-23-2001, 03:07 PM
Cack, you are pushing your luck and I will only warn you so many times..

Wizard
08-23-2001, 03:31 PM
Only time will tell.

vox
08-23-2001, 03:53 PM
Has he been pulling your leash to tight Cack? Tighter Sinep Tighter!!:D :evillaugh

Anthony
08-24-2001, 04:23 PM
Looking good bro, I wish you luck in your competition! :)

Sinep
08-30-2001, 07:28 AM
So I weighted myself at 167 yesterday... I'm about 7-8% bf... I lost a little bit of muscle along the way but that was to be expected I guess with the amount of time I had. My chest looks very good pumped... especially the pec minor. Now that I am ripped I can tell that my pec major is a weak area so I'm gonna emphasize on it on my next bulk. I've also taken a break from cardio for a few days (which I started doing 2x a day), I'm waiting for my lower legs to recuperate... Vox said he thinks I got something that is called a 'Shin split'. It doesn't really hurt that much but it is only getting worst so I better be safe than sorry. And finally , I've switched to the TKD diet and I should be in ketosis today or tomorrow I'm guessing.

kAto
08-30-2001, 10:03 AM
keep it up bro:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-30-2001, 12:28 PM
Shin splints won;t go away unless you rest.

They can keep you out of activity for a long time if you don;t let them heal.

You'e really doing cardio twice a day?

vox
08-30-2001, 04:39 PM
I checked this out for you. The pain that you have I think is illustrated in the first picture. I think that is where you said you were experencing the pain. Read about it because it give ways to help heal.http://www.clark.net/pub/pribut/spshin.html

Sinep
08-30-2001, 06:18 PM
I reached ketosis... took me about 36 hours.
hey thanks for that web page vox... at first it was the first picture but now this pain is gone but I now have the anterior pain. I'm completely splinted. :(

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-31-2001, 10:46 AM
You'll have to stop running.

If you keep doing cardio, i would say that cycling would prolly be best. Or swimming maybe...

Maddog
08-31-2001, 12:02 PM
The best thing for it is to rub cow dung on your shins then wrap then in rhubarb leaves and leave for 8 hours. Do this for 5 days. That should do the trick.

vox
08-31-2001, 02:25 PM
I have heard people doing that for upwards of 10 days but 5 would probably do. Another cause maybe curling your toes while mastering your domain, worked for me.

Sinep
09-11-2001, 10:44 AM
Sorry for the late updates, my computer at home is being fixed so I only have access to computers when I go to campus labs. Right now my routine consists of protein only , low calories and high intensity cardio... I have little less than 3 weeks left before my show. I'm about 160-162 and moderatly ripped... the road to ripness is coming to an end, pressure is rising and diet/training are at their thoughest. Go Sinep!

TinyJay
09-11-2001, 11:34 AM
160-162 wow! you must be ripped as hell! i wanna see some pics :p

kAto
09-12-2001, 07:43 AM
yup, yup, pics please!:D

Frankster
09-12-2001, 10:45 AM
Go sinep!.. got the routine all perfect now? BTW.. don't put too much pressure on yourself... you already look good enough to go onstage.. the extra is just a bonus that will help your placing.... can't wait to go and see you..

do you have your posing trunks yet?

Sinep
09-12-2001, 04:53 PM
I've ordered one from bodybuilding.com , should have it by friday or next week at the latest. sorry boys but you'll all have to wait until the show to see pics but you guys won't be disappointed, I'm looking into it :thumbup:

vox
09-12-2001, 06:51 PM
Glad to hear your doing well. I bought a digital camera and I will have it in hand for the competition. Can't wait to see how your routine is going to be. Wish you the best of luck and btw I took the next weekend off to go to Halifax, you know just in case;)

Sinep
09-15-2001, 07:26 PM
So here I am , exactly 2 weeks from my show... and I will be right on time to be in the shape that I wanted to step on stage with. My shin splint is hurting me but there's no way I'm stopping. University has started and like usual I give it my 100% there too but next week if time permits me I'll increase cardio to twice a day rather than once. My diet is about 1000cal right now, pretty much all protein... People are starting to give me compliments on my shape in the gym and those who haven't seen me since I started dieting can't believe their own eyes. 2 girls tried to slip their hand in my pants today again... there's always the downside of getting attention. My lifts haven't gone down much since 180lbs, maybe a few pounds but the most of it was from the beginning of my dietting when I cutted on carbs so I attribute this to carbs depletion. Those who read this message please give me some words of encouragement to boost me for the final lap. And those who are gonna come and see me , bring as much people as you can to cheer for me, the chorus will be "Pitbull! Pitbull!, Pit.. etc.) I have some old time friends going too so the party will be rolling that saturday night.

chris mason
09-15-2001, 07:39 PM
Good luck Sinep, I hope you do well. By the way, practice posing, a lot. The best physiques can look poor with bad posing (as Paul Dillet can attest to!).

Bigmofo
09-15-2001, 08:37 PM
Way to go man, cant wait to see your contest pics...

Chris Rodgers
09-15-2001, 09:05 PM
Make us proud fatty!

Kazuki
09-15-2001, 10:40 PM
2 girls tried to slip their hands down your pants. I fail to see the downside here.

Mystic Eric
09-15-2001, 11:05 PM
maybe sinep's gay?

with your sexual preferences aside, good luck man. let me know how you do on msn.

Adam
09-16-2001, 12:07 AM
Good luck at the comp. Sinep!!

vox
09-16-2001, 07:53 AM
You are going to dick some a$$ bro, I have no questions about that. One thing I do worry about is the little chumps shat will drive all the way there only to find out they have waisted the last 4 months getting ready for the comp.. I have you will have some pitty for them. :D

Frankster
09-16-2001, 08:01 AM
Nah.. pittbulls have no mercy.. eat em raw ! :)

vox
09-16-2001, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sinep
2 girls tried to slip their hand in my pants today again... there's always the downside of getting attention.

Nice to hear both your sisters came home to see you in Bathurst.;) :D

Maki Riddington
09-17-2001, 08:48 AM
Good luck buddy.
Kick some azz.

Tryska
09-17-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by vox
You are going to dick some a$$ bro,

err...i don't know if this was a typo, or it has something to do with the crotch-grabbing girls..but umm....good luck marc!

kick some a$$ too, and leave the dicking til after.

Maddog
09-17-2001, 10:25 AM
Oh cripes Vox that's bad. Funny as he|| though.

Good luck Sinep and see you there in two weeks.

Sinep
09-18-2001, 07:09 PM
Vox: :swear: ;)

Man, can I feel my shin splint right now... that's it, no more running :cry: , I'm still gonna do some cardio but only cycling or stuff like swimming as there is no impact. I'm afraid of doing a mistake right now, I am on the diet I was doing last year (extremely low calories diet that consist of protein mostly). I'm down to like 157lbs but I look wicked. I'd be ready to go on stage at my current bodyfat but I'm not sure how I will stand against other lightweight competitors ripness wise cause you know how much of a battle it is for lightweighs for whom's gonna be the most rip.

Sinep
09-19-2001, 06:18 AM
final sprint before the show ... right now I'm going for it, 100g of protein/day (~500-600cal) and about 1 hour of cycling everyday until few days before my show.

Pup
09-19-2001, 06:52 AM
Your gonna whip some serious ass, be sure to post some pics of the competition.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2001, 08:09 AM
all you're eating is 100g of protein a day?

Sinep
09-19-2001, 08:49 AM
Crazy but this is what I did last year..

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2001, 08:51 AM
that is mad.

I would be in so much pain from hunger i'd seriously consider suicide...

syntekz
09-19-2001, 09:07 AM
For real, don't you want some energy for training and just normal everyday "thing?"
Good luck!

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2001, 02:55 PM
I really won;t be suprised if you collapse from exhaustion and malnutrition marc.

How long do you do that for?

Ronan
09-19-2001, 04:47 PM
Man please cut back on the cardio, up your protein and carbs and and EFAs and relax. You will come in to the show ripped but as flat as a pancake otherwise.

Sinep
09-22-2001, 09:52 AM
I went through 2 days of my xtremely low calories diet. I had to up my calories yesterday cause I became ill, caught a flu from my roomy.. I'm already filling better today after some sleep. My weight has dropped to 153lbs, yes.. that is skinny but I look better than when I was heavier , I now am full abs equiped and ready to battle. My goal for the show is to appear ripped and show the curves of my symmetry to its best so I am still gonna try to shed some fat for the next 2-3 days while carb depleting myself. I hope I will be able to attain my peak during my show cause I look really shitty when flat. I am really looking foward for after the show to start eating nasty food again.. I already bought pizza , 4 tostitos bag + salsa/cheese sauce and the Betty Crocker's cookbook for slow cookers. I'll have to practice my posing alot this week as well... the fact that I have university work to do and that I am lazy doesn't quite help. Vox has taken care of finding a cheap place to get my legs waxed, thanks bro. Lets all cross our fingers and hope everything turns for the best.

syntekz
09-22-2001, 10:11 AM
You gonna post pics?

vox
09-22-2001, 11:17 AM
Vox has taken care of finding a cheap place to get my legs waxed, thanks bro.

Just don't forget me in your acceptance speech:D

Sinep
09-22-2001, 02:13 PM
I just spoke with the show organizer and supposely there's only 1 other guy (possibly 2) in my division and it's not the guy I wanted to beat. He better be in good shape...
Also , even if I win I might not go to the national as the association is already sending 18 competitors and he ain't sure if they got a junior/lightweight division there. Not to mention I'd have to pay 100$ from my pocket just to sign up and I'd only have a chance of doing the night show if I am in the top 25s. But he said that he'll wait and see what I've got to offer. So if he tells me that I can go but only to get my ass whooped without doing the night show then I'm gonna wait for next year national natural show. Good news is... if I don't recieve my posing trunk before the show then he said he could find me one so no worries there. And yes I am gonna post pics, you guys will just have to wait though. I'm gonna show you what symmetry is all about. :)

Frankster
09-23-2001, 10:10 PM
You better be in shape or Ill kick your ass while youre skinny :D

YatesNightBlade
09-24-2001, 07:58 AM
Keep going Sinep. Your gonna be in top shape. It's all worth it.

TinyJay
09-24-2001, 10:58 PM
im with you frank ;)
best of luck marc!!! sure you dont need it though

TunaGirl
09-26-2001, 10:27 AM
sinep!! Good luck at the compition sathurday!!! ;)

Sinep
09-28-2001, 07:30 AM
Well well, show is tomorrow !
I've applied my first tanning coat and I look very dark ....
Don't have much to say , oh yeah... I'm gonna compete against a 225lbs guy for the overall if I win my division :eek:
It turns out that there's only one other guy in my division. I'm gonna have alot of picture ready by next week... wish me luck. This week end is my week end.

Tryska
09-28-2001, 07:46 AM
hey marc...good luck! you are gonna kick ass.

YatesNightBlade
09-28-2001, 07:57 AM
kick ass Sinep. Remeber to hold them poses and keep it tight. Good luck bro. Hope all goes well, smile and enjoy it.

Tryska
09-28-2001, 07:58 AM
yeah..what yates said...don't forget to smile! :D

kAto
09-28-2001, 10:50 AM
good luck my friend, remember when on stage, its more mental than physical, confidence is key, smile, and enjoy your first competition!!! GO SINEP!!!:) :) :)

Franco
09-28-2001, 11:41 AM
Good luck Marc

Alex.V
09-28-2001, 06:51 PM
Good luck, man!

Pup
09-28-2001, 09:31 PM
Good luck bro

Maki Riddington
09-28-2001, 10:38 PM
Good Luck Sinep.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-29-2001, 05:25 AM
All the best mon chum.

chris mason
09-29-2001, 01:14 PM
Good luck!

Frankster
09-30-2001, 11:18 AM
Well... this was truely a road to ripnes.. you were wipped as hell :eek:

Sinep
09-30-2001, 03:33 PM
pic 1

kAto
09-30-2001, 04:43 PM
damn, sinep, your the man, you look shredded, **** bro, i could barely recognize ya, lol. man ive said it before, and ill say it again, youve got the delts we'd all kill for.

great work, bro , im sure this is a big accomplishment for you, your family must be proud, i know mine would be.

Sinep
09-30-2001, 05:00 PM
I was cut alright, not shredded though... last year I was shredded (more than from the barn pics) down to like 3% , that was shredded alright! :eek: Thank kato, my family was very proud... my dad hugged me when he saw me after the intermission lol (he haven't done that for years). It was very emotional moment for me. Ok , enough talking... here's more pics.

Sinep
09-30-2001, 05:04 PM
That's the guy who got 2nd place, that was without a doubt his best pose.

Sinep
09-30-2001, 05:06 PM
a bit of a bad angle here.. oh well, damn frankster ;)

kAto
09-30-2001, 05:10 PM
:eek: awesome symmetry; i can honestly say that at your age with your dedication, you have a future in natural bb;... all i have to say is look out ronan!, haha:D

Sinep
09-30-2001, 05:12 PM
Here's a better angle of my tricep , which I believe was my best weapon.

Maddog
09-30-2001, 05:25 PM
Your camera rules Sinep. Great pics. Mine were ok. I got one of you talking to Gary Bartlett.

chris mason
09-30-2001, 06:17 PM
Congratulations, you looked great! Your calves also look like a strong point from the pics.

Maki Riddington
09-30-2001, 06:42 PM
I want to see more pics. Hehe....

Frankster
09-30-2001, 06:46 PM
SInep.. i want those pics and clips right now :mad:

Perty Perty please :D

Adam
09-30-2001, 07:41 PM
You looked great sinep!

Marcel
09-30-2001, 09:16 PM
Way to go Sinep! Congratulations!!!

Mystic Eric
09-30-2001, 09:40 PM
way to go man, i knew you could do it.

marc = :cool:

Gyno Rhino
09-30-2001, 10:15 PM
Congrats, Sinep. Way to kick ass. Where's the gyno infested 220+ boy?

Tryska
10-01-2001, 08:02 AM
i think he's the fat guy standing next to sinep. i could be wrong though.

anyways..you looked great marc...congrats again!

Savannah
10-01-2001, 09:27 AM
Sinep your ripped to the bone!

Excellent job, theres nothing quite like your first show especially winning!

Savannah
10-01-2001, 09:29 AM
Ronan speaking above btw, but Anna gives her congrats too!

Franco
10-01-2001, 09:55 AM
Excellent Marc:)

Congrats once again:)

When do you plan on competing next?

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-01-2001, 01:04 PM
:spam:

IceRgrrl
10-01-2001, 01:09 PM
Congrats, Sinep! You look great...it must feel wonderful to bask in the results of all that hard work :)

YatesNightBlade
10-02-2001, 04:03 AM
Well done Sinep. Your chest looks like it's improved alot.

Mystic Eric
10-05-2001, 11:19 PM
where have you been, sinep?

Sinep
10-06-2001, 09:35 AM
Sorry for the unfrequent updates, my computer is fixed but I still have to go pick it up (3 hours of drive from here) which I will do next weekend. I should have a few more pictures then. Road to ripness has been over for a week now and I must have gained 10-15 pounds since... I can't stop eating, pizza, chocolate, mom's apple pie, etc... I'm still cut to about 7-8% but I don't give a crap where I'm at... I'm gonna do that for about another week and return to normal dieting and training (which I haven't done since my show). As for my future plans of competing, I don't know when it will be but no where within a year... I'm gonna still give myself some time to bulk and put on serious mass at my weak areas. Next time I'll present a physique closer to natural perfection and I will try to be a smoother poser as well.

YatesNightBlade
10-06-2001, 09:47 AM
Don;t all that nice food taste great ?! ... Im getting sick of it now. I can't wait to start eating clean again.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-06-2001, 10:03 AM
why bother bulking when you'll just lose it all through ridiculous extreme cutting techniques next year?

Cackerot69
10-06-2001, 10:08 AM
Good question.

Sinep
10-06-2001, 10:25 AM
Extreme cutting measure or not, it worked and I did not lose that much.. what I've lost I will put on again in no time. So where are the promised pics you guys said would post with mine? I'd really like to see how you guys are making out with your rocket-science cutting techniques. ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-06-2001, 10:27 AM
cacky quit cutting and i'm on week 13.

give me about 6-7 more and you'll have your pics.

Cackerot69
10-06-2001, 11:25 AM
Sinep you have the same stats now as you did before bulking. Except before you were leaner. You gain fat and some muscle than lose all of both when you cut with your starvation diets. I wouldn't say that's very effective...

Sinep
10-06-2001, 11:42 AM
My stats weren't the same...
I was more rip last year but that was when I weighted ~140 (~3%bf). On my barn pictures I weighted 148lbs, wasn't water depleted and was about the same bodyfat as at my show (5-6%). If the scale doesn't show a big difference, the mirror sure does... And unlike you I backed up my results with proof. It's easy to go on a journal and type 4.1% but I believe it is no coincidence that you decided to start bulking 2 weeks before the date you were supposed to post pics, good strategy to not back up your talk.

Cackerot69
10-06-2001, 12:14 PM
I never said I was 4.1%, the calipers did.

And you're right, I'm not about to schedule my entire training/diet around the internet. I was done cutting so I stopped.

So you net gained 6lbs and were 2-3% higher? Woohoo.

You do look great in your pics, I can't take away that nor would I if I could. I'm just saying this for future reference, you can do a lot better.

vox
10-06-2001, 12:36 PM
But Cack everything else in your life revolves around the internet and try not to sound so jelous next time in your replies.;)

Ronan
10-06-2001, 05:00 PM
Sinep you looked good, but you have the potential to look AMAZING! if only you would go about your dieting correctly and keep an open mind.

The_Chicken_Daddy
10-06-2001, 05:07 PM
:hump: him ron.

notSoBig Guy
10-06-2001, 05:37 PM
You look geat Sinep!!!! in my opinion.

vox
10-06-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by notSoBig Guy
You need waaaaaaaaaaaaay more mass cuz you look too small to call yourself a bodybuilder, in my opinion. To me, bodybuilding is about size combined with cuts. No doubt you've got the cuts, but lack the size. I'm not a big fan of "natural" bodybuilding anyway, I'd rather see the freaks.

HAHAHA! Thanks for making it easy for me to figure out what you have for knowledge. Mental note, don't read anything by noSoSmart Guy. Your off to a good start to making friends.:thumbup:

notSoBig Guy
10-06-2001, 06:30 PM
Well....you're from New Brunswick. Joke's on you jack.

And I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say, but it's how I feel. Featherweight bodybuilders just don't cut it.

Sinep
10-06-2001, 07:57 PM
Notsobig, I'm not working out to get a body that will please you, look elsewhere. What did I do to get hate messages from everybody all of the sudden :confused: I never said I had done the perfect cut cycle. It was my first time and I was time limited but won and had a amazing time there. Ronan, during that 12 weeks of cutting many people gave suggestions... from your diet to TKD. I spent 1 or 2 weeks of my cutting experimenting with suggestions just to find out that I was still at the same starting point. The suggested diet undoubtly were more efficient than my low calorie diet but I had no time for experimenting so I simply kept doing it my way and I have no regret. Now I'm going to gain back the muscle I lost, try to bulk while staying somewhat lean and next time I cut it won't be for a show so I won't be pressurized by a deadline.

syntekz
10-06-2001, 08:11 PM
Don't listen to 'them' sinep. You did your best, and you did a great job. Maybe you didn't diet the 'best' way possible? Who cares, this is a learning game.

Maki Riddington
10-06-2001, 08:42 PM
Great job Sinep.
You did what you had to to get you to your goal.
Much respect to you and your awesome accomplishment!!!!!

Cackerot69
10-06-2001, 08:55 PM
Did anyone take away from his accomplishements? All I said is that he could have done a lot better, and in the future he can still do a lot better. Doesn't mean he did bad, he looks great. Jesus....

Mystic Eric
10-07-2001, 03:35 AM
sinep = my hero, and an all around nice guy.

Sinep
10-14-2001, 10:18 PM
bonus..

Sinep
10-14-2001, 10:19 PM
need to improve on my lats don't I ?

Sinep
10-14-2001, 10:21 PM
this one is for term since he's been giving positive comments about me lately...

Mystic Eric
10-14-2001, 10:54 PM
looking good, captain assclown :)

Frankster
10-14-2001, 10:58 PM
who is that :cool: mofo taking the pic? :D

kAto
10-15-2001, 05:34 AM
looking great bro as usual, btw how old are you again, 19 was it?

mesmall
10-15-2001, 03:01 PM
Congradulations......good work:)

Maki Riddington
10-15-2001, 05:57 PM
Sinep great pics.
I'm curious though.
The dude in the gay blue trunks, how tall is he and what was his weight?
He isn't very ripped and his posing sucks.
You on the other hand are ace!!