PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and a Question

Josie
10-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone-My name is Josie and I'm a 5'6 female, size 10 (I don't weigh myself) and approximately 20% bf. I've been doing the CKD for about 6 weeks now and I love it. I've definitely seen some improvement in bodyfat and clothes fitting better, but I'd like to lose some of this fat because I know there's muscle under there.

Anyway, my question is, how long do I have to wait between meals when switching from keto to carb-ups and vice versa? I'd like to do my depletion workouts at about 5:00PM on Fridays, but I'm afraid of mixing fats from my lunch and the post-workout carbs.

the doc
10-21-2002, 05:03 PM
josie, welcome:hello:

usually one waits 2-4 hours in between meals
as long as your meals are small and under control it shouldn't be a problem

I have no idea what size 10 means but if you are at 20% then you are lean already.

Josie
10-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Thanks for responding so quick!! :bow:

I measure my progress by how my clothes fit and currently I'm in a size 10. ;)

the doc
10-21-2002, 05:13 PM
yeah ok well guys sizes actually correspond to a measurement

like size 36 (waist) pants mean a waist of 36 inches

those womens sizes, i cant figure out but oh well. glad to have you here!

Stray
10-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Welcome!

Got a question for ya..what amount of carbs do you shoot for on carb up days?

raniali
10-21-2002, 05:21 PM
if you are eating lunch, waiting, then doing your depletion w/o, then carbing up -- i don't see any need to worry about timing.
I would be more concerned if you were eating a keto meal prior to working out ... but I think you are on the right track.

good luck with the keto -- it made a lot of difference in my life

Josie
10-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Thanks so much for all of the warm welcomes.

I aim for about 400g carbs on my and 100g protein on my carb ups. I only do a 12-18 hour carb-up. It depends, I can always tell when I've had enough.

If you don't mind, I've got one more question...should I be getting DOMS after my depletion workout? Does that mean I'm lifting too heavy? I lighten my weights and do more reps (15-20), but by the end of some sets, I'm at or close to failure.

the doc
10-21-2002, 07:19 PM
no i wouldn't be surprised about having doms

raniali
10-22-2002, 10:57 AM
yeah - you might hurt by the end of the week
i would add a little more protein to your carb up then because your body needs the aminos to repair all the micro-tears you are experiencing after your depletion w/o