PDA

View Full Version : Fat Foods?

J-Flyer
01-25-2001, 03:34 AM
Hey all. You're doing a good-job keeping me informed. Now I have yet another question.

Say I needed about 17 grams of fat/meal. Where can I find it...and I don't mean the saturated kind. All I can think of is natural peanut-butter. This number by the way if you haven't figured it out is 30% of a 3000 calorie diet.

Any thoughts? Thanks again.

[Edited by J-Flyer on 01-25-2001 at 05:40 AM]

Anthony
01-25-2001, 05:15 AM
Natural peanut butter
Fish oils (especially mackerol)
Flax seed oil
Hemp seed oil
Safflower oil
etc
etc
etc

J-Flyer
01-25-2001, 02:32 PM
Thanks Anthony. Now, how do I consume those "oils." Do I just get the pill form (I currently use a flaxseed pill) or is there a way to mix these oils into my food. I know there's always mixing up salad dressing, but if I don't eat a lot of salads then what?

This kind of "fat eating" is new to me and I'm not sure exactly how to do it. I use to get the fats from steaks and stuff like that, but I know most of it isn't EFA's and fish doesn't contain enough...at least not 17 grams worth.

Go Stars
01-25-2001, 02:49 PM
I believe that 2 tbsp of pb is about 17g of fat so just use that. As far as the rest I sometimes pour it over my chicken on my plate(not while cooking). Or just grab a tablespoon and drink it, then wash it down with some water.