PDA

View Full Version : pre work out carbing

GR8*N8
10-24-2002, 12:02 PM
HEy i just thought id get some alternative pre work out carb ideas from some the crowd here @wana b big.

Reinier
10-24-2002, 12:49 PM
this should be in diet & nutrition.

GR8*N8
10-24-2002, 02:23 PM
sory for the missplaced post Boyz.How do i moove or erase it from here and put it there?

AJ_11
10-24-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by GR8*N8
HEy i just thought id get some alternative pre work out carb ideas from some the crowd here @wana b big.

I usually have some oatmeal or a pasta dish with veggies. I am also looking for some kind of fiberous vegetable that compliment the oatmeal. Then wait about an hour for it to digest.

I heard that some people recommend pop tarts. But would the suger and the fruit give you an insilin spike. (Is this a good idea to take before hitting the gym, and how long should you wait after eating.)

bradley
10-24-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by AJ_11

I usually have some oatmeal or a pasta dish with veggies. I am also looking for some kind of fiberous vegetable that compliment the oatmeal. Then wait about an hour for it to digest.

I heard that some people recommend pop tarts. But would the suger and the fruit give you an insilin spike. (Is this a good idea to take before hitting the gym, and how long should you wait after eating.)

I would imagine that the pop-tart would cause and insulin spike from the processed white flour and the sugar content of the pop-tart. I have heard a couple of people say that they eat pop-tarts pre-workout but I have yet to try it. Also different flavors would have different amounts of sugar in them (frosted, etc.)

restless
10-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Brussel sprouts. They're a great vegetable source of fibrous carbs.

Saint Patrick
10-24-2002, 06:12 PM
I've heard a bagel is good for energy pre-workout.

AJ_11
10-24-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by restless
Brussel sprouts. They're a great vegetable source of fibrous carbs.

ewwww...Gross... i wouldn't eat those things anyways...especially with oatmeal.

Jilla82
10-24-2002, 06:48 PM
i eat a pop tart. It wakes me up (workout right after class), gives me energy